• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Dub Title: AG 099

*sigh* How beautiful ¬¬ They should keep original titles. Dub Titles suck!

Usually I would like to see dub titles like this given to fillers rather gym battles/based episodes. They should give a description as if it were a challenge like "Showdown in Pewter City!" instead of puns but nonetheless I don't actually mind the pun here.

Chosen of Mana said:
Yeah, but then the titles will be too Japanese for the little kids to understand. We wouldn't want that would we?[/SARCASM]

Some of the more spoiler-phobic people I've talked to don't like the Japanese titles and previews. One of them doesn't even look at the episode previews.

The Japanese titles only sound Engrish-y because the people who translate the titles for places like Serebii.net don't seem to know how to use definite or indefinite articles.

Anime with episode titles with lame two clause/sentence structures get on my nerves. The ones that really get on my nerves are the ones with question marks. I think Love Hina was the worst offender of that.

I actually like that kind of episode title, it feels traditional-anime to me. XD

(That said... The puns are horrid. Horrid. My major beef with the way 4Kids is dubbing pokemon these days, even if they do turn onigiri into sandwiches...)

It was ONE onigiri!

The puns vary in horridness. There have been worse titles than this.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom