• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site, or it's archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

Shiny Celebi

Reaction score
As we all know in even numbered gens, Eevee has received new evolutions. Gen 6 gave us Sylveon. So Id like to discuss what Eeveelutions might be in this game and what types everyone sees them being.

Personally Id like to see Steel,Poison,Bug or Flying types. I do sorta think we may get one, though hopefully a pair. Would be really nice to see a trio but I really dont see that happening right now at least.

Eeveelutions are popular and build hype and given Eevee recently becoming a mascot itself alongside Pikachu I can see it getting more love in the form of more evolutions.

Discuss.

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
A few years ago, I would have said that I wanted an Eeveelution for all the types. But since it seems like the whole family is in every damn region now, I'd rather not have them take up any more Dex space than they already do.

BlueWaves

Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
I'd be fine with it if they introduce evolutions for other Pokemon as well, not just Eevee.

MegaPod

Pressurized Pupa
Reaction score
One idea I’ve had for a potential Eeveelution is Grieveon, a Ghost-type with the power to sense spirits that evolves from Eevee at Pokémon burial sites (which are already established locations in several regions, but look at what happened with Piloswine and Ancient Power)

BlueWaves

Join the BlueLions!
Reaction score
One idea I’ve had for a potential Eeveelution is Grieveon, a Ghost-type with the power to sense spirits that evolves from Eevee at Pokémon burial sites (which are already established locations in several regions, but look at what happened with Piloswine and Ancient Power)
For ghost, I was thinking more like Hexeon, who would curse anyone who dares offend their master. For Flying, I see Hermeon, a Pokemon that was used as a Messenger in ages past.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Another name for a ghost Eeveelution could be Phanteon, which evolves from an Eevee with a Dusk Stone. It could be the protector of wandering spirits, working alongside Dusknoir to guide lost souls to the hereafter where they can rest in peace.

As for other ones, a Flying-type could be called Zephyeon, a Eeveelution that is called the "free spirit of the wind", giving it a more wild nature. It could evolve from an Eevee that is exposed to a special new stone (a Wind Stone, I guess you could say).

And the last idea off the top of my head could be a Poison one called Veneon, which evolves when a Poison Pokemon is in the party (like how Mantyke evolves). It could be a rather foul-tempered Eeveelution (reflecting the "toxic" nature of its element) that's generally anti-social, but will show loyalty to those it respects and trusts.

NealIRC

Reaction score
How bout a new, physical-variant of Eevee? 1 that can evolve into Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc. Why give Eevee all 18 evolutions.

And since Eevee is quadpedal, make this 1 bipedal. Kinda like Tyrogue.

And this is off-topic but I always wanted another Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking pokemon but Grass type, particularly trees.

Kevzo8

Cold as you
Reaction score
I'd definitely love a new Eeveelution for this gen. Hoping that the even numbered gen to continue the pattern.

Dragon type to give us closure of the "special" types (fairy would have been special, you know it).

Steel type to pave way for the new set of "physical" eeveelution.

those two would be enough for me.

Dragon since they're very popular in british stories I guess.
Steel for the sword/shield in one.
Also there could be a story for dragon-knight for them.

I mean, it just makes sense.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
Dragon and Fighting are at the top of my list. Steel would be nice as well.

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
Just as long as there isn't a new type again. I don't care. Suspect just one again since that would disappoint both people who want zero and people who would want two.

Steel Rock or ground seems likely.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
How bout a new, physical-variant of Eevee? 1 that can evolve into Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc. Why give Eevee all 18 evolutions.

And since Eevee is quadpedal, make this 1 bipedal. Kinda like Tyrogue.
Because it's very unlikely to become as popular as Eevee is. They've just recently elevated the latter's status.

I feel that what you're suggesting should have happened in Unova, but they were too afraid to try it.

NealIRC

Reaction score
Okay, I hope this is allowed but I'd like to extend this thread to what new Rotom form would you like too.

Would like to see a computer-Rotom that is Electric/Psychic type, heh.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Well, considering this is an even numbered generation, I think we could see one or two new ones. I wanna bet on Steel or Dragon.

noworry

~☆STAR☆~
Reaction score
I would really love to see a Fighting-type eeveelution myself. Kinda weird since Fighting is my least favourite type.

I feel like an eeveelution would differ from all the "traditional" Fighting-types who often stand on two legs and tend to be muscle-y. Other than that there's a lack of eeveelutions who shine when it comes to physical attacks. Flareon doesn't have that many moves working for it (+ Toxic Orb + Guts just isn't worth it when Flare Blitz does damage too imo). I guess Leafeon is fine, but it's not really that great as a physical sweeper. A fast fighting type with a great attack stat would therefore be awesome, I think.

nickdt

Reaction score
I would love a Poison/Steel and Ground type, since this way, every Eeveelution has a weakness.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
I would love a Poison/Steel and Ground type, since this way, every Eeveelution has a weakness.
Yeah that would be good to balance out the Eeveelutions a bit. Jolteon has been needing a weakness forever, and Sylveon is also in need of one. While I would really really love to see a Poison type Eeveelution, I think Steel would be the more likely of the two seeing as the games are Sword and Shield. Ground type would be a good addition to that too because it really gives off one of the ideas we can see a bit off in the Galar region which is nature and industry (nature being most of the region, the starting town which is very much connected to nature, and industry being the big industrial city, and the other big and new looking buildings). It would be also really cool to see because Steel types and ground types are usually physical attackers so we could have our first two physical attacking Eeveelutions.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
I'd much rather that they boost the current Eeveelutions (Flareon and Glaceon especially), but I know better than to expect that.

Reaction score
i'd put money on Steel or Dragon if there's going to be another Eeveelution.