• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

hmm someone noticed that they show all 8 with evee again? really weird.
and 2 trainers? I think two new evos are really possible this time.
2 or even 3 ... Taking that poison, steel and dragon fit with fairy.

Possibly, but Game Freak might stop at 8 Eeveelutions. Because why not?

Possibly, but Game Freak might stop at 8 Eeveelutions. Because why not?
above 6 with evee is nice but why not assume that others are out there as its so know for it's evolution motive?
would not hurt it with right designs and abilities.

GameFreak could make another evolutio because why not?
Specially since it earns them LOTS of $$$ in merchandise.
Exactly. It would be pretty crazy if GF just decided to stop making Eeveelutions. Maybe they do skip it this gen, but I don't think they would stop it altogether. That little brown fuzzball and its buddies practically print money. They just exist and people are like "I need them". So adding more merch lines that include a brand new one is just another way to make everyone be like "Oh my gosh I have to add this Flying Eevee to my Eeveelution collection! and I need to update my Eeveelution pajamas because this new one is on them now!" They would be insane to just stop now. Even after all the types are done I can imagine them coming up with someway to think of new designs.

They should just open up to using fan designs... I mean James Turner, nevermind.

GameFreak could make another evolutio because why not?
Specially since it earns them LOTS of $$$ in merchandise.
What about Gigantamax Eeveelutions? That would work alot more, but at least adding secondary type to them would also cover them in everything.

I would personally want to see Ice/Fighting Gigantamax Glaceon or Water/Dragon Gigantamax Vaporeon.

What about Gigantamax Eeveelutions? That would work alot more, but at least adding secondary type to them would also cover them in everything.
Why would that work more? You'd only be able to see them in battle, and not in any affection games like Camp, and if Dynamax gets discarded like Megas and Z-Moves, they couldn't be brought to other games.

Why would that work more? You'd only be able to see them in battle, and not in any affection games like Camp, and if Dynamax gets discarded like Megas and Z-Moves, they couldn't be brought to other games.
And in 8 designing alternate forms vs 1 actual new Eeveelution, the new Eeveelution has more of the novelty factor and will give just as much profit for less effort.

Does anyone think what, Lana said jokingly about evolving her Eevee into a Bug-type could've been an actual hint towards a new Eeveelution? I meant to put this question in my first post since it adds more credence to a Bug-type Eeveelution but I forgot to. On one hand I'm kind of unsure because Lana is know to be a troll so it could just be them messing with the audience. On another hand though this could be their cheeky way of teasing us with a character no one would ever bother believing.

And in 8 designing alternate forms vs 1 actual new Eeveelution, the new Eeveelution has more of the novelty factor and will give just as much profit for less effort.

1 new Eeveelution would end all Eeveelutions's viability in battles. However, GF doesn't care anyway.

I would personally go for alternate powered forms, or wait till 18+ Eeveelutions and give them powered forms.

Does anyone think what, Lana said jokingly about evolving her Eevee into a Bug-type could've been an actual hint towards a new Eeveelution? I meant to put this question in my first post since it adds more credence to a Bug-type Eeveelution but I forgot to. On one hand I'm kind of unsure because Lana is know to be a troll so it could just be them messing with the audience. On another hand though this could be their cheeky way of teasing us with a character no one would ever bother believing.
I will go with "unlikely" since lying is her thing, even in the games.

1 new Eeveelution would end all Eeveelutions's viability in battles. However, GF doesn't care anyway.

I would personally go for alternate powered forms, or wait till 18+ Eeveelutions and give them powered forms.
I don't think they will stop adding eeveelutions until all the types are filled. However one thing I can see is after they have all the types covered, that perhaps they would do a special bond evolution because of some power to get duel type eeveelutions and they would look like similar to a fusion. I can see them doing that in the way future and it still gives an actual purpose.

If GF really did gender differences for Eevee, I can see all the Eeveelutions having similar gender treatment.

Maybe an Umbreon with heart-shaped ring on its tail? That would be an insane collection.
Maybe they won't hand off Jolteon too.

I heard that some people are theorizing if we get a new eeveelution, it may be steel since umbreon has been pushed so much lately. Gen 2 had two new types, steel and dark.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom