• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

I'd much rather that they boost the current Eeveelutions (Flareon and Glaceon especially), but I know better than to expect that.
Glaceon would be an easy fix; just change its hidden ability to Snow Warning or Slush Rush.

Poison, steel and ghost? Or dragon? Woulc make sense 1, 2 or 3

How bout a new, physical-variant of Eevee? 1 that can evolve into Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc. Why give Eevee all 18 evolutions.

And since Eevee is quadpedal, make this 1 bipedal. Kinda like Tyrogue.

And this is off-topic but I always wanted another Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking pokemon but Grass type, particularly trees.
Because there doesnt need to be one. Its kinda unfair to have those types taken away from Eevee and just given to another. Why shouldnt it have all 18? Eevee is the Evolution Pokemon and in my mind its meant to eventually evolve into every type.

Glaceon would be an easy fix; just change its hidden ability to Snow Warning or Slush Rush.
Eh, I think Slush Rush is another example of Snow Cloak-a hail dependent ability that is useless outside of the most hindering weather effect. You could argue about the Speed vs Evasion boost, but it's all relative to me.

I love your idea about Snow Warning though. Glaceon already expel cold air and diamond dust from their bodies, so the ability could be an enhanced version of that lore.

Thematically Leafeon could have Drought to compensate (or not).

I would really love to see a Fighting-type eeveelution myself. Kinda weird since Fighting is my least favourite type.

I wonder what they would name one though... Kickurasseon?

If they do give Eevee another evolution this generation, I'd like a pair. Either Dragon/Steel, Dragon/Poison, Poison/Steel

I do hope they continue the even gen trend and give us new Eeveeloutions for SwSh.

I image they'll only do one since Kalos only got 1 and that would give Sylveon a counterpart. My best bet is on a steel-type since this is Sword and Shield, but they might just finally do the dragon-type.

I've always wondered whether or not Eevee would ever have a Poison-type evolution of some sort and still retain its cuteness. It's an interesting thought, to say the least. I don't expect it to happen this generation, though.

I think this generation might give us a Steel-type Eeveelution, but I'm unsure of what else. Perhaps that would be all given that Gen 6 only really introduced Sylveon, and I'm not exactly 100% certain that Game Freak would introduce two Eeveelutions like they did in Gen 4.

They could name a fighting type eeveelution Champeon!

And personally I think they’re going to make eeveelutions until they do all the types or they stop making games. The eeveelutions are just too marketable to stop making them, even if they don’t add one every generation.

Since Eeveelutions have been seriously unbalanced (as in underpowered, and slow), I would rather want Mega Evolutions for Eeveelutions with second typing added to their types (except Eevee, which already got his own Z-Move)

Vaporeon could be Water/Dragon or Water/Rock, with boosts to speed and attack (he's too slow, so his Mega should be the new Lycanroc).
Jolteon should have been Electric/Steel
Flareon should be Fire/Flying (mimicking Charizard?).
Espeon should be Psychic/Bug to deal on Umbreon.
Umbreon could also have Dark/Ghost, although that makes Sylveon the only threat to him.
Leafeon could be Grass/Poison. (We haven't enough of the latter, and Serperior is lame pure-Grass instead of ideal Grass/Poison)
Glaceon should be Ice/Fighting because his typing is easily fragile and he's too slow, so need speed boost.
Sylveon should be Fairy/Ground to neutralize off Poison and Steel attacks.

I would want to see better abilities for Mega Eeveelutions. Give Vaporeon Primordial Sea ability and give Flareon and Leafeon Desolate Land ability to fend off Vaporeon's Water attacks. Glaceon should be Slush Rush and Sylveon could keep Pixilate.

Vaporeon could be Water/Dragon or Water/Rock, with boosts to speed and attack (he's too slow, so his Mega should be the new Lycanroc).
Jolteon should have been Electric/Steel
Flareon should be Fire/Flying (mimicking Charizard?).
Espeon should be Psychic/Bug to deal on Umbreon.
Umbreon could also have Dark/Ghost, although that makes Sylveon the only threat to him.
Leafeon could be Grass/Poison. (We haven't enough of the latter, and Serperior is lame pure-Grass instead of ideal Grass/Poison)
Glaceon should be Ice/Fighting because his typing is easily fragile and he's too slow, so need speed boost.
Sylveon should be Fairy/Ground to neutralize off Poison and Steel attacks.

Wow I would actually like this!

Just some ideas, maybe make Umbreon, Dark/Poison instead, a reference to it's original type. Leaving Leafeon as a Grass/Ghost type?

While I actually like that idea with the megas giving each a different unused type, that essentially restricts the use of any new eeveelution type, doesn't it?

I remember before Sun and Moon there was speculation that every eeveelution would get an Alolan Form. I kinda liked that idea but it's hard to pick who gets what type and still make sense with there themes.

If there are eeveelutions, probably it will be Dragon and Steel, which accords with the title and UK theme and also make a Dragon/Fairy/Steel trio with Kalos.

Last edited:
Wow I would actually like this!

Just some ideas, maybe make Umbreon, Dark/Poison instead, a reference to it's original type. Leaving Leafeon as a Grass/Ghost type?

That could work, but Dark/Poison could be a reference to rabies. Imagine how horrible once your dogs get infected.

Aside, I would like to see Electric/Bug Jolteon or Ice/Flying Glaceon or something dual-typed, in case when they get Mega Evolutions.

While I actually like that idea with the megas giving each a different unused type, that essentially restricts the use of any new eeveelution type, doesn't it?

I remember before Sun and Moon there was speculation that every eeveelution would get an Alolan Form. I kinda liked that idea but it's hard to pick who gets what type and still make sense with there themes.

That would open up more possibilities for new Eeveelution type combinations or such. Maybe they could have two each (akin to Charizard's two Mega Evolutions).

Jolteon beats vaporeon
Vaporeon beats flareon
Flareon beats glaceon
Glaceon beats leafeon
Umbreon beats espeon
Sylveon beats umbreon
So
Leafeon beats pharaeon(a ground-type eeveelution) beats jolteon
Espeon beats veneon (a poison-type eeveelution) beats sylveon
Well that's for equality but i think that there would be steel and dragon types for a UK based region

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom