• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
As we all know in even numbered gens, Eevee has received new evolutions. Gen 6 gave us Sylveon. So Id like to discuss what Eeveelutions might be in this game and what types everyone sees them being.

Personally Id like to see Steel,Poison,Bug or Flying types. I do sorta think we may get one, though hopefully a pair. Would be really nice to see a trio but I really dont see that happening right now at least.

Eeveelutions are popular and build hype and given Eevee recently becoming a mascot itself alongside Pikachu I can see it getting more love in the form of more evolutions.

Discuss.

A few years ago, I would have said that I wanted an Eeveelution for all the types. But since it seems like the whole family is in every damn region now, I'd rather not have them take up any more Dex space than they already do.

One idea I’ve had for a potential Eeveelution is Grieveon, a Ghost-type with the power to sense spirits that evolves from Eevee at Pokémon burial sites (which are already established locations in several regions, but look at what happened with Piloswine and Ancient Power)

One idea I’ve had for a potential Eeveelution is Grieveon, a Ghost-type with the power to sense spirits that evolves from Eevee at Pokémon burial sites (which are already established locations in several regions, but look at what happened with Piloswine and Ancient Power)
For ghost, I was thinking more like Hexeon, who would curse anyone who dares offend their master. For Flying, I see Hermeon, a Pokemon that was used as a Messenger in ages past.

Another name for a ghost Eeveelution could be Phanteon, which evolves from an Eevee with a Dusk Stone. It could be the protector of wandering spirits, working alongside Dusknoir to guide lost souls to the hereafter where they can rest in peace.

As for other ones, a Flying-type could be called Zephyeon, a Eeveelution that is called the "free spirit of the wind", giving it a more wild nature. It could evolve from an Eevee that is exposed to a special new stone (a Wind Stone, I guess you could say).

And the last idea off the top of my head could be a Poison one called Veneon, which evolves when a Poison Pokemon is in the party (like how Mantyke evolves). It could be a rather foul-tempered Eeveelution (reflecting the "toxic" nature of its element) that's generally anti-social, but will show loyalty to those it respects and trusts.

How bout a new, physical-variant of Eevee? 1 that can evolve into Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc. Why give Eevee all 18 evolutions.

And since Eevee is quadpedal, make this 1 bipedal. Kinda like Tyrogue.

And this is off-topic but I always wanted another Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking pokemon but Grass type, particularly trees.

I'd definitely love a new Eeveelution for this gen. Hoping that the even numbered gen to continue the pattern.

Dragon type to give us closure of the "special" types (fairy would have been special, you know it).

Steel type to pave way for the new set of "physical" eeveelution.

those two would be enough for me.

Dragon since they're very popular in british stories I guess.
Steel for the sword/shield in one.
Also there could be a story for dragon-knight for them.

I mean, it just makes sense.

Just as long as there isn't a new type again. I don't care. Suspect just one again since that would disappoint both people who want zero and people who would want two.

Steel Rock or ground seems likely.

How bout a new, physical-variant of Eevee? 1 that can evolve into Rock, Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc. Why give Eevee all 18 evolutions.

And since Eevee is quadpedal, make this 1 bipedal. Kinda like Tyrogue.
Because it's very unlikely to become as popular as Eevee is. They've just recently elevated the latter's status.

I feel that what you're suggesting should have happened in Unova, but they were too afraid to try it.

I would really love to see a Fighting-type eeveelution myself. Kinda weird since Fighting is my least favourite type.

I feel like an eeveelution would differ from all the "traditional" Fighting-types who often stand on two legs and tend to be muscle-y. Other than that there's a lack of eeveelutions who shine when it comes to physical attacks. Flareon doesn't have that many moves working for it (+ Toxic Orb + Guts just isn't worth it when Flare Blitz does damage too imo). I guess Leafeon is fine, but it's not really that great as a physical sweeper. A fast fighting type with a great attack stat would therefore be awesome, I think.

I would love a Poison/Steel and Ground type, since this way, every Eeveelution has a weakness.
Yeah that would be good to balance out the Eeveelutions a bit. Jolteon has been needing a weakness forever, and Sylveon is also in need of one. While I would really really love to see a Poison type Eeveelution, I think Steel would be the more likely of the two seeing as the games are Sword and Shield. Ground type would be a good addition to that too because it really gives off one of the ideas we can see a bit off in the Galar region which is nature and industry (nature being most of the region, the starting town which is very much connected to nature, and industry being the big industrial city, and the other big and new looking buildings). It would be also really cool to see because Steel types and ground types are usually physical attackers so we could have our first two physical attacking Eeveelutions.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom