• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

Jolteon beats vaporeon
Vaporeon beats flareon
Flareon beats glaceon
Glaceon beats leafeon
Umbreon beats espeon
Sylveon beats umbreon
So
Leafeon beats pharaeon(a ground-type eeveelution) beats jolteon
Espeon beats veneon (a poison-type eeveelution) beats sylveon
Well that's for equality but i think that there would be steel and dragon types for a UK based region
Since they're literally just monotype representations of the type chart, there's no circular symmetry going on here. Vaporeon is also weak to Leafeon. Flareon is also Strong against Leafeon. Adding a couple won't change this fact. The only way for the eeveelutions to have a "fair" system like that would be to rebalance the entire type chart fairly, which will never happen.

Since they're literally just monotype representations of the type chart, there's no circular symmetry going on here. Vaporeon is also weak to Leafeon. Flareon is also Strong against Leafeon. Adding a couple won't change this fact. The only way for the eeveelutions to have a "fair" system like that would be to rebalance the entire type chart fairly, which will never happen.
The idea is that each eeveelution should have at least one other eeveelution that can defeat it and the same thing in reverse

The idea is that each eeveelution should have at least one other eeveelution that can defeat it and the same thing in reverse
Correction: *YOUR idea.

Gamefreak isn't bound to any such obligation.

And like I said, it's just the type chart. If they ever make a dragon-type eeveelution, that little "rule" no longer applies.

Eh, I think Slush Rush is another example of Snow Cloak-a hail dependent ability that is useless outside of the most hindering weather effect. You could argue about the Speed vs Evasion boost, but it's all relative to me.

I love your idea about Snow Warning though. Glaceon already expel cold air and diamond dust from their bodies, so the ability could be an enhanced version of that lore.

Thematically Leafeon could have Drought to compensate (or not).
I think grassy terrain rather.
Be happy for new. After fairy now dragon, steel and poison ahould get take. Could see steel with new proof ability, dragon with queenly majesty, poison with something like corrosion or maybe acid drain?

Eh, I think Slush Rush is another example of Snow Cloak-a hail dependent ability that is useless outside of the most hindering weather effect. You could argue about the Speed vs Evasion boost, but it's all relative to me.

I love your idea about Snow Warning though. Glaceon already expel cold air and diamond dust from their bodies, so the ability could be an enhanced version of that lore.

Thematically Leafeon could have Drought to compensate (or not).

Desolate Land would be better choice for Leafeon and Flareon if the Eeveelution gets something similar to Mega Evolutions. In turn, Vaporeon might get Primordial Sea instead.

I feel they should do either a Poison or Steel Eeveelution alongside a Dragon one that way they create one eeveelution that is strong against Sylveon and one that is weak against it.

I feel they should do either a Poison or Steel Eeveelution alongside a Dragon one that way they create one eeveelution that is strong against Sylveon and one that is weak against it.
Steel and Dragon are the most likely choices for this region IMO because it would perfectly show off the theme of knights and dragons. Ghost would be nice as well, because the UK has no shortage of haunted places and ghost stories.

I like the Eevees, but I'd be okay if they didn't introduce any new ones yet. That being said, the types I'd most like to see are ghost and steel.

One thing I've noticed though is that all of the evolitions so far have been of the types that were originally special before gen IV (except Sylveon of course, but still fairy type tends to be more special-based). If that trend continues, then the only one left is dragon. But we'll have to wait and see.

As I said in another thread: Normal, Fighting, Flying, and Bug and Ghost (these two would be really interesting).

Last edited:
This video convinced me Galar will deliver us the long-awaited Dragon-type Eevee (and as a British person I am so stoked):

We'll get a Dragon type evo because:

a) it's the only special type left without one
b) it goes well with the British setting
c) they probably need to revitalize the franchise a bit and Dragon is one of the best types and it would also make a unique looking evo.

If we're getting two eeveelutions I think the other one would be Ghost or Steel since they go well with the British/medieval theme.

I have a feeling that the Dragon one will be very cliche....basically they'll plaster wings and a dragon tail on a fox-like creature....which is what a Dragon eeveelution should look like but I hope they'll find a way of making it look good and interesting and not cliche....

Personally I think a Bug type one would be the most unique and the one that I would get most excited about....

Last edited:
A quartet with Steel Ghost Poison and Dragon would be great and also too much to ask for haha.

I like the rumor floating around that Eevee may get a Steel and Dragon evo and that they will have the potential theming of Knights and Dragons from fairy tales. I forget which Poketuber said it but I agree that they would make good complements to Sylveon and suit the Galar region really well.

Hopefully this is on-topic, but has anyone else thought especially with even more Eeveelutions that they ought to streamline the evolution process somehow? It’s not completely unheard of since XD gave us the Sun Dust and Moon Dust items for the starter Eevee in that game.

My idea could be controversial, and would probably never happen, but what if for this gen they scrapped evolutionary stones in favor of “runes”? They’d be exclusive to Galar (for now) and would allow for the non-Gen 1 Eeveelutions to have an easier way to evolve.

So there’d be Fire, Water and Thunder Runes for the Gen 1 -eons, but then the Leaf Rune would work for Leafeon and the Ice Rune for Glaceon and we wouldn’t have to shoehorn in the landmarks.

Friendship and Affection would still be an option for Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon but they’d also have the rune equivalent of say the Dawn, Dusk and Shiny Stones to work with too.

For the hypothetical Draceon (dragon) and Excaleon (steel), maybe two new runes that also evolve Pokémon that would normally use King’s rock and Metal Coat respectively?

And then because these runes collectively are so powerful have them be what the evil team is after!

Last edited:
I like the rumor floating around that Eevee may get a Steel and Dragon evo and that they will have the potential theming of Knights and Dragons from fairy tales. I forget which Poketuber said it but I agree that they would make good complements to Sylveon and suit the Galar region really well.

Hopefully this is on-topic, but has anyone else thought especially with even more Eeveelutions that they ought to streamline the evolution process somehow? It’s not completely unheard of since XD gave us the Sun Dust and Moon Dust items for the starter Eevee in that game.

My idea could be controversial, and would probably never happen, but what if for this gen they scrapped evolutionary stones in favor of “runes”? They’d be exclusive to Galar (for now) and would allow for the non-Gen 1 Eeveelutions to have an easier way to evolve.

So there’d be Fire, Water and Thunder Runes for the Gen 1 -eons, but then the Leaf Rune would work for Leafeon and the Ice Rune for Glaceon and we wouldn’t have to shoehorn in the landmarks.

Friendship and Affection would still be an option for Espeon, Umbreon and Sylveon but they’d also have the rune equivalent of say the Dawn, Dusk and Shiny Stones to work with too.

For the hypothetical Draceon (dragon) and Excaleon (steel), maybe two new runes that also evolve Pokémon that would normally use King’s rock and Metal Coat respectively?

And then because these runes collectively are so powerful have them be what the evil team is after!
I've always thought they should just take the plunge and retcon the methods of evolution for all of them.

But at the same time, keep the old method. Kinda like feebas.

So like, every Eeveelution could be obtained using the correct stone (water, thunder, fire, sun, moon, leaf, ice, and shiny). On top of that, those that didn't originally evolve by stone could be evolved the other way if one wishes. And then to be fair I think some new method would have to be made up for the original 3, just so that every Eeveelution ends up with 2 methods of evolving: one sort of "forced" (the stones), and one more natural (happiness/location/affection/newMethod).

Is it complicated? A little bit. Does it make more sense from both a lore and gameplay standpoint? I would argue yes.

Anyway, thank you for coming to me TED Talk.

If Game Freak stops adding new Eeveelutions, they could spice the existing Eeveelutions by adding dual-typed Mega Evolutions (or by any other name) to them in addition to major stat revisions. That is, an Eeveelution gains secondary unused type during process. All Eeveelutions, especially Flareon and Glaceon, have unbalanced stats that prevents them from being a reliable Pokémon.

It's a waste to add new Eeveelutions again if the current Eeveelutions are unbalanced. GF should step-up and repair them.

I want Shaymin to have new forms based on other types and animals.

We should extend this to new forms for other Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom