• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Eeveelutions for Sword and Shield?

Sounds like a certain Kingdom Hearts character to me.

Never played or know much about Kingdom Hearts so it’s probably just a happy little coincidence.

The word oblivion has a strong connection with memories and ghosts so it wouldn’t surprise me if another such character exists in another franchise.

A ghost-type eveelution? I'd call it Anwnneon (after the welsh version of the black dog myth, cwn anwnn).

A steel type I'd call Palladion (after palladium, a common industrial replacement for silver)

and a poison type I'd call Miaseon (after miasma)

I do like the idea of a Dragon and Steel type duo, however as much as a pipe dream it may be, I would love to see another Trio as a bit of a throwback to Gen 1 without it really having anything to do with Kanto except that its Eevee. I have no idea what type might pair with Dragon and Steel though, perhaps Ghost?

Final Eeveelutions, complete with stat upgrades that total to 590 at Final Evolution.

Eevee
--> Flareon --> Fire/Ground + Levitate or Water Absorb
--> Vaporeon --> Water + Sap Sipper
--> Jolteon --> Electric+ Stamina
--> Umbreon --> Dark/Ghost
--> Espeon --> Psychic + Magic Bounce
--> Leafeon --> Grass/Steel + Flash Fire
--> Glaceon --> Ice/Ground + Thick Fat
--> Sylveon --> Fairy/Steel + Levitate
--> Fairy/Electric + Levitate

Never played or know much about Kingdom Hearts so it’s probably just a happy little coincidence.

The word oblivion has a strong connection with memories and ghosts so it wouldn’t surprise me if another such character exists in another franchise.

There is no Obliveon in Kingdom Hearts. There is a Keyblade called Oblivion, the concept of oblivion gets spoken about in the series, and Xion (as pronounced shee-on) would probably rhyme with Obliveon. But there is no character named Obliveon in the Kingdom Hearts series. That pun on oblivion with the e has never even been used in Kingdom Hearts.

There is no Obliveon in Kingdom Hearts. There is a Keyblade called Oblivion, the concept of oblivion gets spoken about in the series, and Xion (as pronounced shee-on) would probably rhyme with Obliveon. But there is no character named Obliveon in the Kingdom Hearts series. That pun on oblivion with the e has never even been used in Kingdom Hearts.
I was actually thinking of Naminé, who resides in a place called Castle Oblivion and has memories powers. "Obliveon" is just a pun on the word oblivion and the -eon suffix all the Eeveelutions seem to share, so that exact spelling/name was never going to be a thing outside of @PkmnTrainerV's punny name for a Ghost-type Eeveelution.

I do like the idea of a Dragon and Steel type duo, however as much as a pipe dream it may be, I would love to see another Trio as a bit of a throwback to Gen 1 without it really having anything to do with Kanto except that its Eevee. I have no idea what type might pair with Dragon and Steel though, perhaps Ghost?
Would be a nice trio. Steel and dragon could obviously represent knights and dragons while ghost could represent the UK’s numerous ghost stories and haunted locations.

I think Game Freak might stop with the Eeveelutions. 8 is enough for me.

But if Game Freak brings back Mega Evolutions in the future, then the existing 8 Eeveelutions should get Mega Evolutions.

Dragon female Eeveelution with Queenly Majesty anyone? Immune to avalanche and ice shard? This would be really something if fairy or dragon gets a priority move or if ice gets its first impression or water shuriken version. This one could learn clanging scales, bounce, magnet rise and breath fire, flame charge , first impression?

Steel makes sense. Together with fairy a new trio. Steel would need a good ability. Bulletproof , motor drive would be nice or Heatproof that was not enough used as ability. + Magnet rise. They really should do them.

Last edited:
Final Eeveelutions, complete with stat upgrades that total to 590 at Final Evolution.

Eevee
--> Flareon --> Fire/Ground + Levitate or Water Absorb
--> Vaporeon --> Water + Sap Sipper
--> Jolteon --> Electric+ Stamina
--> Umbreon --> Dark/Ghost
--> Espeon --> Psychic + Magic Bounce
--> Leafeon --> Grass/Steel + Flash Fire
--> Glaceon --> Ice/Ground + Thick Fat
--> Sylveon --> Fairy/Steel + Levitate
--> Fairy/Electric + Levitate

Nice idea you have, similar to Mega Evolution ideas, but I think Vaporeon should be Water/Dragon, with Thick Fat or Primordial Sea abilities.

I had this idea but with base stats bumped up to 600. And had Flareon and Leafeon having Desolate Land abilities. Glaceon might be Slush Rush or something whole new.

So it’s carrying around a powerup for its own weakness for no benefit? Bear in mind it no longer has chlorophyll.

Alternatively, Leafeon could make Chlorophyll as its ability in that form, much like how Blaziken adapted Speed Boost from its Hidden Ability when Mega Evolve.

Or maybe Leafeon with Speed Boost?

The only Eeveelution I am interested in is a Ghost type one.

I guess Ground would be interesting too, though.

Last edited:
I definitely think they will continue adding eeveelutions at least till all the types are filled out. After all, Eeveelutions are a money-making machine and it will continue to please the majority of the fans.

Based off the feel that Galar gives off with the region I do think Steel and/or Dragon is the safest bet, and I do think it's entirely possible that they will have 2 this gen. Both of them really fit the names of the games, Dragon with the more medieval vibes that the names having going, and steel because well, a sword and shield.

There are so many designs for a dragon type eeveelution, but none really do it for me, so I hope that if they are doing dragon, then they really work hard on that design. I'll probably end up liking it anyhow though. I think my favorites I have seen was wone that was inspired off of a wyvern, and another that looked like it had some chinese dragon inspiration. Both were amazing, and I would love to see either of those routes.

As for a steel-type on, I would really love to see them go with a steampunk sort of vibe with it, but looking at the games I just don't know if I can see them doing that. It would be really cool though. There was one concept art which I am like 90% is fake and might have even got confirmed to be fake, with a steel type eeveelution's whose tail kind of resembled both a sword and a shield. I ended up really falling in love with that design and if they did do a steel type eeveelution and it was something somewhat like that, I think I would really like it.

I'm not the best with name ideas though XD

Steel and Dragon appear to fit the them of Galar.

I’m curious how a Flying type Eeveelution will turn out. Is it really just going to be an Eevee with wings.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom