• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

Nexro

Reaction score
Juts curious if you guys think there will be any new eeveelutions in Sun / Moon or Gen 7. We saw Sylveon in X and Y. I personally don't think one will be realeased, but would love a Posion or fighting one.

UPDATE: After reading through some comments, I am confused as to why people are so opposed to any more evolutions? It wouldn't hurt the game in anyway, it's not some major change. If you don't like the eeveelutions, don't evolve your eevee. It's as simple as that. There's HUNDREDS of more Pokemon too play with, so why the opposition to a simple evolution?

Last edited:
Maybe Dragon, but honestly I think we've had enough Eeveelutions.
I quite agree with there being many eeveelutions right now. (However my OCD srcreams at me how some types have some and some don't. ) I would love if gamefreak or Pokémon realeased designs for possible eeveelutions. Just curious how they would design some of the more exotic ones like bug.

Considering we didn't get the obligatory weak-to-fairy Eeveelution, Dragon if anything.

Personally I'd love to see a poison or ghost Eveelution but at this point they'll probably just stop making anymore until they come up with another new type.

Dragon would be good. I want to see Poison though too. Really I want all types because it will enormously bother me if they just stop making them and dont complete all the types someday, it would just seem odd.
Visually it'd be disappointing, but you gotta keep in mind that every single Eeveelution has to evolve in a different way, and there's only so many unique options available to GF. At least there'll always be great fanart of possible Eeveelutions.

Well, since Gen II they've introduced eeveelutions every other generation. So unless they decide to break this pattern too, I don't expect another until Gen VIII.

Visually it'd be disappointing, but you gotta keep in mind that every single Eeveelution has to evolve in a different way, and there's only so many unique options available to GF. At least there'll always be great fanart of possible Eeveelutions.
There hasn't been a trade, "hold this item during a certain time of day and/or level", "must know a certain attack", or a normal level up eeveelution yet.

They could also figure out how to make power up items double as evolution items. For example you give an eevee a black belt and after it reaches a certain level it could evolve into puncheon.

If there be more Eeveelution in Gen 7 the Rock Steel Fighting Ghost Form should be show.

Personally I don't really want any eeveelutions to be added in Gen VII, as there is enough already.
But if we do get some eeveelutions in Sun and Moon (even though I don't see that happening) I'd like them to be either Ground-Type, Steel-Type, Poison-Type or Flying-Type.

I think we've had enough Eeveelutions for a lifetime, we don't need one for every single type. Technically we already have Eeveelutions that represent the sun and moon already (Espeon and Umbreon), so why can't we work with what we got?

Though there is the chance of there being Mega Eeveelutions, but I highly doubt it...

Would be nice tbh. Honestly, it'd bug me if they don't do one for every type and stopped at 8/18 of the types.

I found odd Sylveon not get a pair. So I would like a type that match Fairy.
Can be Dragon, Bug or Fighting that are resisted by fairy
Or Steel or poison.

I'm with the ones that want eevelutions for all types. I don't mind, eventualy, skip one or another generation without eevelution. But, as said, would be odd they stop making the other types, there's no reason for it.

i wouldn't mind......but i also think they're running out of relevant Eevee-distributions (ie., that same variation of stats they all have). i mean, short of creating useless ones (think like 65/60/130/65/95/110), the big one left would be something along 65/130/65/110/60/95 or 65/110/65/130/60/95. that and there's only so many ways to evolve them; Sylveon's probably gonna get its evolution method changed up in Gen VII as well.

I don't think we're gonna get Eeveelutions, but considering Sun/Moon can be related to Day/Night,
maybe we get some Mega Eeveelutions?! I mean, for Espeon and Umbreon which could relate to the main themes.
In fact, IIRC, aren't they related to the Sun and Moon in a more direct way as well?

I personally would like if they finished former special typings with dragon and gave us a 65/130/65/95/60/110 glass cannon dragon with something like tough claws or sheer force.

After that maybe introduce a new eevee-like pokemon, that covers all the former physical types. I'd like that.

PS: I know fairy doesn't count to the special types, because it was introduced after getting rid of the split, but I think it still works.

I don't think we need new Eeveelutions. I mean please don't get me wrong I adore most of them, but how would they go about it to make more forms? o_o

First gen introduced the elemental Eevee trio. Second gen introduced Dark and Psychic. Fourth gen which introduced Leafeon and Glaceon, followed by sixth gen which introduced Sylveon.

So as you can see there's a theme here with Eeveelutions, and each Eeveelution also has a unique method of evolution. Plus, with new Eeveelutions wouldn't we have to eventually cover every single type? I'm no way vehemently opposed to the idea of new Eevees, but I can't see it happening so much.

Dragon and Ghost, the two types super effective against themselves!

I don't think we'll see one. Sadly, we already have sun and moon themed eeveelutions.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom