• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

Because all of its Eeveelutions are featured in it, meaning they need to make a New Z-Move for Eevee to feature the new Eeveelution in it. And if we go off Z-Moves, we won't get new ones after the gen they debuted in.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a new Z move. They could simply change its animation.

Because all of its Eeveelutions are featured in it, meaning they need to make a New Z-Move for Eevee to feature the new Eeveelution in it. And if we go off Z-Moves, we won't get new ones after the gen they debuted in.
You could, just, you know... Update the animation.
Edit: Well, I was beat to the punch. But you get it.

I think the only argument against that notion is the fact that the move's name in Japan is Nine Evol Boost or something to that effect, referring to Eevee and its evolutions at the time.

Then again, it wouldn't be surprising if they just kept it as-is even while introducing new Eeveelutions...

Since Espeon is the only Eeveelution without an advantage over another, and Sylveon + Jolteon don't have any weakness to another, I'd suggest Poison and Ground as the next ones. I really really hope they have not abandoned the concept and are continuing with new Eeveelutions every other Generation.

You could, just, you know... Update the animation.
Edit: Well, I was beat to the punch. But you get it.

I think the only argument against that notion is the fact that the move's name in Japan is Nine Evol Boost or something to that effect, referring to Eevee and its evolutions at the time.

Then again, it wouldn't be surprising if they just kept it as-is even while introducing new Eeveelutions...
If it’s called nine evol then it can stay as it and just mean it only calls on nine evolutions instead of them all. And they can just make another one that has all of them or something. Doesn’t pikachu have more than one? So why can’t eevee?

@Midorikawa
Well, Pikachu's second one is exclusive to an alternative form of the Pokémon (the one with the hat). I honestly doubt Extreme Evoboost will be changed even if one or more Eeveelutions receive a new Z-Move of their own in a future title or if new Eeveelutions are introduced in future Generations - though it's likely to become an artefact of its origins while doing so. I'm also not betting on a second Eeveelution-exclusive Z-Move to be directly based on Extreme Evoboost, since Pikachu's two exclusive Z-Moves require different moves as a catalyst - Catastropika requires Volt Tackle while 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt requires... well, Thunderbolt - and it turns out that the two Z-Moves are also mutually exclusive, as Pikachu with a cap can't actually use Catastropika even if the requirements are met, likely due to the way they programmed the Pokémon in question. (It's like the unreleased Eternal Floette, for example.)

In other words, it's likely that whatever a theoretical second Eeveelution-exclusive Z-Move may be, it'll not be a transformed version of Last Resort like Extreme Evoboost was.

@Midorikawa
Well, Pikachu's second one is exclusive to an alternative form of the Pokémon (the one with the hat). I honestly doubt Extreme Evoboost will be changed even if one or more Eeveelutions receive a new Z-Move of their own in a future title or if new Eeveelutions are introduced in future Generations - though it's likely to become an artefact of its origins while doing so. I'm also not betting on a second Eeveelution-exclusive Z-Move to be directly based on Extreme Evoboost, since Pikachu's two exclusive Z-Moves require different moves as a catalyst - Catastropika requires Volt Tackle while 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt requires... well, Thunderbolt - and it turns out that the two Z-Moves are also mutually exclusive, as Pikachu with a cap can't actually use Catastropika even if the requirements are met, likely due to the way they programmed the Pokémon in question. (It's like the unreleased Eternal Floette, for example.)

In other words, it's likely that whatever a theoretical second Eeveelution-exclusive Z-Move may be, it'll not be a transformed version of Last Resort like Extreme Evoboost was.
I didn’t expect it to be a transformes version. I expected a different move, just instead of showing nine eevees in it, it shows them all.

Well, it's "transformed" in the definition that all the Pokémon-specific Z-Moves require a specific move to activate. That's all I meant when I mentioned as such with Last Resort (as it's the term Bulbapedia uses).

You can't really go against the naming convention of the original move (in Japan, anyway) - unless you change that, you can't change the move's animation. If they did, and it was the exact same effect... That'd be kinda underwhelming, lol.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom