• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

Steel Eeveelution or Ghost please and thank you.

I think Dragon would be nice, but I'm highly doubting it would work.

Perhaps steel or poison to counter Sylveon?

Before Sylveon's release I always had the idea that Eeveelutions were paired together with more than just 'one is super effective against the other' and that they were designed somewhat as opposing concepts. Of course that's not really there with the original trio though I do think they were given their types to compliment the starters and give the player a type advantage they might need. Espeon and Umbreon had a day and night theme and as for Leafeon and Glaceon I feel like they had a warm climate vs. cold climate thing going on. With that in mind I had the idea that a cool new Eeveelution pair would be a ferocious Dragon-type and a knightly Steel-type.

What ever they choose, considering the title name - I could see a day time/night time set with reversing types. something bright and cheery and something dark and ominous. Maybe a fighting or flying type and a ghost or poison type.

I was perfectly content with the original trio and Umbreon and Espeon. So no, I hope there aren't any new eeveelutions in gen VII

Flying and Fighting type Eevees. Just ignore dragon and move onto the traditionally physical types, even though dragon would be the best transition (originally being special, but now predominantly physical).

I want flying eevee because we need more pure flying types and it would be cool. I want a fighting type eevee because we need quadruped fighting types (one that actually fights with its limbs and not a sword on its head) and I can see it being included in some Pokken DLC.

Poison or Normal Eeveelutions is what I'd like to see if we were to get more - which is unlikely.

Honestly, I'd be fine if we were done with Eeveelutions. If anything, it would be cool to see a physical counterpart family. It's hard to make a cute fox into a Dragon or Steel or Fighting type, but if we got a new, perhaps more human-shaped Pokémon, we could give it many various evolutions. I doubt Game Freak would do this, but that's what I think would be the best answer. Still can't imagine, say, a Tyrogue-like mon transforming into a Bug or a Dragon though.

So I'm pretty against new Eeveelutions in general only because they bore me, but I came across a fake Dragon one that I saw and instantly liked, which is very strange for me.

http://img10.deviantart.net/9404/i/2015/338/3/4/dracereon_by_zacharybla-d9j1fhn.jpg

I don't know what it is about it, it just feels so unique to all the ones I've seen before. It also has a very weird, mysterious vibe to it which I think if we are to get a Dragon one it should have.

I can see a lot of people disliking this design though, but personally I think it's quite cool.

Isn't that just Espeon and Umbreon?

It is, but with the theme of the games being 'sun and moon', I could see it being done again. If not, possible requiring a Dusk/Dawn stone or a Sun/Moon stone for evolutions. That might actually be a better route for them to go honestly.

I doubt it. It's weird to explain and probably doesn't make sense, but when we got Sylveon by itself in XY (while the others had always introduced at least had 2 at a time) I just personally felt that Sylveon was the only new eeveelution they wanted to have for a while. I feel that if they wanted more, they would have introduced a duo (or however many) again in XY. And I know Sylveon was mainly to focus on the new type then and of course "patterns" can be broken, but that's just how I feel. I could do without any more honestly, but I won't have a problem if there is a new one (If I like it).

I don't think there will be a new one either, but flying type sure could be pretty cool looking. I don't like the idea of a steel type, at least the way I picture it looking.

If you look at the pattern, you'll notice that the next eeveelution is revealed after a skip in generation. Hoenn didn't have an eeveelution reveal, but Sinnoh did. Unova didn't, but Kalos did. I don't expect whatever the name of this region is to have an eeveelution reveal.

Well, you say that, but the original game had the debut of Eevee and its evolutions before we got Espeon and Umbreon just a Generation later. Sure, it hasn't been like that since then, but I wouldn't stick to solid patterns to predict the outcome.

I also would love more Eeveelutions.
I can never get enough of them, too cute for words (like in my sig)

A normal-type and a poison-type evolution would be great for me
( @Jolty94 awesome avatar)

I also would love more Eeveelutions.
I can never get enough of them, too cute for words (like in my sig)

A normal-type and a poison-type evolution would be great for me
( @Jolty94 awesome avatar)

Thanks :D weirdly enough I'd actually like a Normal type Eeveelution too, it would be interesting to see what they would do with it's design if they did.

I wanted a Poison type in gen 6, to contrast Sylveon (beauty vs ugliness), but that wouldn't be good for Sylveon (the poster-Pokemon of Fairy type). So Dragon would be the next best type, a la Gen 2.

As for the next Eeveelution (and there will be more), I would like to see Ghost and Fighting (spiritual and corporeal)

It would be a total rip off if they didn't release some.
I'm rooting for Flying and Ghost. <3

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom