• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions

Which of the new potential Eeveelutions are your favourite?

• Eevee stage 2

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Fighting Eevee

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • Poison Eevee

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Ground Eevee

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Flying Eevee

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Bug Eevee

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Rock Eevee

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Ghost Eevee

Votes: 90 39.1%
  • Dragon Eevee

Votes: 105 45.7%
  • Steel Eevee

Votes: 81 35.2%

• Total voters
I'm hoping for Ghost an Steel type eevees in gen VI. I wonder if they'll do a dragon type first to finish off the formerly special types, though. Then again, there has been no real distinction between physical and special types since gen IV, so chances are they won't let that matter.

How would an Eevee be able to go through photosynthesis? It's only capable of that as a Leafeon. How do you turn into a Psychic type from sunlight?

"It has the ability to alter the composition of its body to suit its surrounding environment. "

It evolves to suit its surrounding environment. If becoming an insect suits its environment, then it becomes an insect.

I thought always on Espeon and Umbreon as the "natural" Eeveelutions, since those are the only ones not depending from enviroment itself anyway.

Well, Platinum introduced a new form of Pokémon that wasn't even in the coding for DP. (Shaymin.) Why not introduce a new Pokémon in Chrome instead of just a new form?

I think every generation has a fixed number of Pokémon associated; if Gen V's total is 649, it will 649 until the next gen. No matter if new forms are included. And compatibility inside the same generation; the form can change, but the Pokémon is still tradeable. (Notched ear Pichu is an exception I don't like so much)

So, we'll have to wait for Gen VI, almost for sure. I go for Drakeon (dragon).

I really hope we get to see more Eeveelutions in the next gen., but for now, gen. V is being awesome :)!
Anyway, onto the picture the poster shared - WOW! That is AMAZING fanart!!

I really really REALLY want that ghost eeveelution - so cool! XD It's a little mummy! haha
Flying eeveelution is really cute, too. I suppose it must fly like Tails from Sonic? XDD
And the poison one *O* wicked. Its coloring is similar to a White Pikmin (and they are poisonous, too...). Well, I just made two crossovers in a row xD haha

I totally agree with PkmnGreen. I don't think a bug or normal Eevee are coming. for the same reason as the bug one, I don't think a dragon eeveelution is reasonable.
Looking at those, I think the fighting, poison, ground, rock, ghost and steel ones are fangasmic! The normal looks kind of like a lame attempt to look a little different from Eevee. The bug and the dragon ones are okay, I suppose, but not fangasmic. The flying one is just plain stupid. The steel one is the best, I think.

Anything's possible in the Pokemon world. They probably had already thrown logic out the door when they first made Rhhydon, so I don't see anything not being possible.

Now, if we're going to do more Eeveelutions, how will they Eevolve? I can see Drakoneon evolving through trade while holding a Dragon scale, but what of the others?

Trade with metal coat (steal), trade with soft sand (ground), trade with hard rock (rock), trade with silver powder (bug) etc. etc. Or, this would be an awesome twist, the plates could be used somehow.

Well, I would think it'd have to be something that is not doable in earlier generations, like the other Eeveelutions, and most other Pokemon (looking at you, Mamoswine and Lickilicky...). Maybe something like...the Flying Eevee needs to level up at an extremely high altitude, or the Poison Eevee needs to level up in an area with a lot of pollution.

Oh yeah, the plates could work. But how? Level-Up? Trade? Time of day? With a stone? Location?

If there's going to be a Fighting-Type Eeveelution, it'd better allow all Eeveelutions get Close Combat at least have Close Combat. Make it's defenses it's worst stats.

And for the record, the Fighting-Type Fakemon Eevee in that last pic by Aviator is the best design for it in my opinion.

Those look pretty cool.
I don't see why we can't have an Eeveelution of each type.

Also, it would be pretty awesome if the Steel Eeveelution would be called Mercureon and could learn Acid Armor, since Mercury is a liquid-metal.

I think plates and level up would be the best, but they'd have to put out every element of eeveelution for that first.

I still think the original link was better, but all of those flying eeveelutions beat the first. I still love the original steel one.

Im pretty sure that their won't be any more Eeveelutions. All of the previous Eeveelutions were special types based on Elements of Nature. Their might be a Dragon Type sometime, but I even doubt that.

Am I the only one completely averse to more Eeveelutions? (. .)
I mean, they've maintained the Special convention all this time - why suddenly undermine it?

Though I suppose a Dragon one would be acceptable, for that very reason. But it'd be a tad odd to be introduced on its own...

Im pretty sure that their won't be any more Eeveelutions. All of the previous Eeveelutions were special types based on Elements of Nature. Their might be a Dragon Type sometime, but I even doubt that.

Ohaywethinkalike

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom