• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions

Which of the new potential Eeveelutions are your favourite?

• Eevee stage 2

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Fighting Eevee

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • Poison Eevee

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Ground Eevee

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Flying Eevee

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Bug Eevee

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Rock Eevee

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Ghost Eevee

Votes: 90 39.1%
  • Dragon Eevee

Votes: 105 45.7%
  • Steel Eevee

Votes: 81 35.2%

• Total voters
The only problem I can see with having new Eeveelutions is their base stats. Drakoneon would adhere to the 130/110/95/65/65/60 total, and I would like to see Normaleon/Eeveeon have base 90 in each stat. But what of the others? They'd probably have a different BST, but any point higher/lower and they automatically become weaker/stronger than the others.

Thoughts, I guess?

The only problem I can see with having new Eeveelutions is their base stats. Drakoneon would adhere to the 130/110/95/65/65/60 total, and I would like to see Normaleon/Eeveeon have base 90 in each stat. But what of the others? They'd probably have a different BST, but any point higher/lower and they automatically become weaker/stronger than the others.

Thoughts, I guess?

Why can't draconeon adhere to a 60/130/65/95/65/110 stat distribution.
It will be unique and powerfull.

If Generation 6 is announced, I think it is a great idea to compile all the fake Eeveelutions and wait for the full roster to be released. Then we can see which Eeveelution closely resembles the real one.

As for me, I do not take interest in Eeveelutions, because I felt that they are just not my type. I think Ghost and Dragon are the only feasible types not explored, since both of them are considered Special. Ghost is more "Special" in Generation 4, while Dragon is "Special" previously.

Thanks for reading.

I want a Dragon one because I always wanted a pet-like fully evolved Dragon Pokemon that wasn't Altaria.

As for the stats, we won't have an issue of having to renumber them. There's 6^6 possible combinations:
Dragon
60/110/65/130/65/95

Dragons have traditionally been offensively-based, so I think it will go for a mix-sweeper set-up. I decided to make it more special-based because too many Dragons dominate in the physical realm.

Steel
110/95/130/65/60/60

Decided to give it a slightly more defensive spread with more HP, mostly because of the other defensive typings that we have.

Rock
95/110/130/65/60/60

Same set-up as the Steel type, but with less HP for more power.

Ground
60/130/110/65/95/60

Went with more offense, less HP, and less defense, basically thinking "less armor", though more SDef.

Flying
60/110/65/95/60/130

I decided to make it rival Jolteon in speed since I imagine it to embody the wind, and since its air, I gave it poor defenses. 110 attack to differentiate it more from Jolteon.

Fighting
110/130/65/60/65/95

I took the path of those "high HP" fighting types

Ghost
65/95/130/65/110/60

Went for an Umbreon-like spread, except more offensive power, and slower. Thinking that it can utilize Pain Split.

Can't really think up combinations for the rest of them

Last edited:
I am a fan of the Eveelutions! I love the ghost, steel and bug versions! I hope that they bring out more of them in the next game! When Leafeon was annouced my Platinum team changed to Leafeon, Empoleon, Espeon, Umbreon and two others.

I like the Eeveelutions, but they are incredibly fanwhored. The Dragon type is also equally fanwhored.
I don't even want to imagine the deafening fandom squeals resulting from a marriage of these two groups -_-
Fighting, Poison, Bug and Rock have potential for the most creative designs I think, and the latter three types would really appreciate recruiting a 525 BST Pokemon into their rosters.

I'd be interested in seeing breed only eeveelutions.

like a jolteon and a ground eevee makes a electric/ground eevee O_O

it could make unused eevees more valuable

think of the possibilities!

Flareon and dragon eevee hybrid! OMG!!!!!!

I dunno. It would be pretty sweet, but then

A.) We'd have another Ghost/Dark (Umbreon and Ghosteon)
B.) 10 Pokemon being NU forever (Flareon, Glaceon, Bugeon, Flyeon, Firebugeon, Fireiceon, Fireflyeon, Iceflyeon, Bugiceeon, Flybugeon).
----b.) Which is no big deal ingame, but come on!
C.) There'd be WAAAY too many (17 different Eeveelutio- AW WHAT!!)
D.) {Big one}
I think a key defining factor of the Eeveelutions is that they're utterly shitty. Umbreon makes a good-ish wall, but it can't hurt anyone even with a Giga Impact. Leafeon is OK physically, but one Fire Blast and it's downed. And don't get me started on Flareon. Need I explain everything?

If there's going to be multi-typed Eeveelutions, I can't help but think that their stats would combine. Normally, this would be OK (Glaceon's Special Attack combined with Umbreon's Defenses and HP? YES PLEASE), but they'd simply become too powerful (in the previous example, Glaceon's base 110 Defense combines with Umbreon's base 110 Defense to create a HUGE 220 base Defense, which would give Shuckle a run for it's money.

So yeah, good on paper, overpowered in-game.

Now, call me crazy, but given Eevee's elemental diversity, it would be kinda fitting to see Eeveon/Normaleon have Multitype as an ablility. It wouldn't be exactly Normal, but it would be somewhat fun.

Now, call me crazy, but given Eevee's elemental diversity, it would be kinda fitting to see Eeveon/Normaleon have Multitype as an ablility. It wouldn't be exactly Normal, but it would be somewhat fun.

How about if the said ability was based on Multitype, but instead of changing the Eeveeon's type, it doubled/boosted a type respective to its held item. (Magnet = doubled/boosted electric type moves). Eevee's Normal evolution would have to have either a special Tutor or a completely different move-set upon evolving. (preferably by evo stone)
OR it could take a turn from Rotom and learn a move when it has the item attached.

I think a key defining factor of the Eeveelutions is that they're utterly shitty. Umbreon makes a good-ish wall, but it can't hurt anyone even with a Giga Impact.
If you're using Umbreon as a sweeper, you're doing it wrong.

What abilities do you think they'd get? Do you think they'd all get new primary abilities, or would older ones be suitable?
Of course their designs could play a big part in what those abilities are.

Tell me, why would it be overpowered? Because it's a Dragon-type? Being a Dragon-type alone doesn't make a pokemon overpowered. It might have sucky stats and movepool (like the majority of the Eeveelutions).
True. I take back what I said.
It would probably highly overhyped. Dragon-types tend to be.

I don't think they should add new Eeveelutions, sometimes there has to be an end for something. And I think the normaal Eeveelution just looks like a teen Eevee <_<"

I'd also had the idea of stage 2 combined Eeveelutions,but only some of them should get them and two different could evolve into same eg. giving Vaporeon a Fire Stone or Flareon a Water Stone creates the same Pokemon-Steameon. And Espeon and Umbreon could evolve into something called Eclipseon or Neutreon.

stage 2 good idea.

and bear in mind i don't think Gamefreak think too much about the meta (from what i've been hearing of in my lil' battle-noob bubble)

I think they think about making MORE pokemon to catch! = $$$

and with these Eeeveelutions there is a chance to re-invent a stable brand (Eevee) with a lot of creativity. I mean, come on, how many derp pokemon are there? Gief prety eevees.

New sexy eevees would be one highlight of nintendo keeping my custom.

"Sexy" Eevees? Are you nuts?

I'm not a real big fan of 2nd-Stage Eeveelutions. True, most of them are utter crap, but like I said, that's their "charm." And besides, how would it help them? What would it be, just a beefed-up version of its former self with doubled stats (i.e. 260/220/190/130/130/120 stat distribution)?

no i'm not nuts. why did you ask?

i don't care about stat spreads, i just think gamefreak can create more pretty eevees

All I really want is an Eeveelution that can learn Fly. I've tried having teams of Eeveelutions before, but I can't stand trekking everywhere like I started the game half an hour ago.

I would love to see a Poison-type Eeveelution and a Bug-type Eeveelution. The Poison-type and the Bug-type are often overlooked, but they can be a force to be reakoned with.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom