• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions

Which of the new potential Eeveelutions are your favourite?

• Eevee stage 2

Votes: 41 17.8%
  • Fighting Eevee

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • Poison Eevee

Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Ground Eevee

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Flying Eevee

Votes: 65 28.3%
  • Bug Eevee

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • Rock Eevee

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • Ghost Eevee

Votes: 90 39.1%
  • Dragon Eevee

Votes: 105 45.7%
  • Steel Eevee

Votes: 81 35.2%

• Total voters
I had to vote for the Ghost type eeveelution, it looks so cute and sad! I also like the Fighting, Normal, Flying and Ground Eeevelutions.

perhaps they'll tie in new eevees to coincide with the anime? like wasn't Gary researching them?

Wow, the Eeveelutions in the OP's link are really cute... I'd definitely tell Nintendo/Game Freak to make more!

Hmm, I just don't see it. Every current Eeveelution comes from its environment, from harsh Artic like weather to dense forests, but what kind of environment would the hypothetical bug evo come from?

If there was an environment that was highly competitive for food, in a place where food is hard to catch, and filled with bug pokemon, then maybe Eevee would evolve into a bug-like pokemon.

I could see that trading an Eevee for a specific bug Pokemon, or leveling up an Eevee with a Bug type in the first position in the party might cause this type of evolution.

Or there could be a "bug stone" in a forest somewhere... who knows? :)

Re: Cool Eveelutions

some of the eeveelutions from the 2nd link just look like eevee hybrids with other pokemon

ground looks like sandshrews body
flying looks like pidgeot tail
ghost looks like gastly gas
dragon looks like dragonite wings

maybe you'd have to have said pokemon in your party to evolve them. would give you cause to catch different/all the pokemon

Hmm, I just don't see it. Every current Eeveelution comes from its environment, from harsh Artic like weather to dense forests, but what kind of environment would the hypothetical bug evo come from?

Same with the dragon one. I would like a flying type. And maybe an Eevee stage 2.

These eevelutions are perfect! I have no bad comment for them! Maybe the ground type could be better done but its amazing!
The Bug, steel, fighting and ghost are perfect! They would be in my Pokemon Party!
I didn't marked Fighting in the pole but this is amazing!

For eeveeloutions are a really great part of the game and I was happy when they did Leafeon and Glaceon in gen IV so I hope they bring us some new in gen VI.
The writers where trying to replace Eeveeloutions with the elementary monkeys, but I dislike there evolution and eeveeloutions are bette ;) . But I hope we get a little electric and Ice monkey in gen VI! EEVEELOUTION ALL THE WAY!!!

yeah they were trying something different with the monkey trio weren't they? but who am i to argue with free pokes so early on in the game! xD

I think that Game Freak Definitely had the chance to give us a Dragon Eeveelution back in Generation IV but didn't take the opportunity as well as an evolution for Jynx and Banette.

I'm good for ghost, dragon, flying, and bug.

Normally, I don't choose more than 1 options, but I decided to add 3 more because I want these types equally: Poison, Flying, Ghost, and Steel. I have come up with some names, rather... some terrible names. But, that's part of the fun!

Toxeon, Chemeon, Vireon, Smogeon, Grimeon, Sludgeon...
Aereon, Breezeon, Puffeon, Galeon, Twisteon, Torneon, Hurreon...
Ghouleon, Spiteon, Grudgeon, Vengeon, Souleon...
I'm not going to bother with "Steel"-eon's potential names...

Currently, the eeveelutions cover seven special types. Fire, water, grass, electric, ice, psychic and dark are all taken by Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon and Umbreon. The only remaining special type not covered is dragon. The eeveelutions have a preset stat distribution - (for example, vaporeon; 130/65/60/110/95/65). The only difference between each eeveelution is the area in which each stat is distributed. For a dragon type, attack and special attack are the highest averages, meaning that an eeveelution introduced following the current rules we know about eeveelutions would be a very powerful pokemon; probably too powerful - a pure dragon type with both attack stats over 100.

Currently, the eeveelutions cover seven special types. Fire, water, grass, electric, ice, psychic and dark are all taken by Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Espeon and Umbreon. The only remaining special type not covered is dragon. The eeveelutions have a preset stat distribution - (for example, vaporeon; 130/65/60/110/95/65). The only difference between each eeveelution is the area in which each stat is distributed. For a dragon type, attack and special attack are the highest averages, meaning that an eeveelution introduced following the current rules we know about eeveelutions would be a very powerful pokemon; probably too powerful - a pure dragon type with both attack stats over 100.

65/110/65/130/60/95

Needs to happen...though SAtk>Atk just because Dragon is biased toward the physical side (and a 130/110 offense would just make Flareon want to cry even further). A dragon that can learn Wish and Baton Pass? Though it probably would have been better with a defensive spread.

EDIT: This isn't a topic I've seen talked about, but since these eeveelutions are special types, why not create a different stat distribution for the former physical types as a shout-out to the times before the physical/special split?

65/125/85/125/65/60?

75/100/75/125/85/65?

Last edited:
Dragon being my favourite type and the Eeveelutions being among my favourite Pokemon I would most definitely be excited to see a Dragon Eevee! :D

i love it when a dead thread gets revived xD

good to see some math and logic behind probable new pokemon.

I came up with these methods of evolution for the still nonexistent Eeveelutions
#1-Dragon- Give Dragon Horn to Eevee and Level Up
#2-Steel- Give Titanium Powder to Eevee and Level Up
#3-Ghost- Give Cursed Medallion to Eevee and Level Up
#4-Normal- Give Neutral Stone to Eevee and Level Up
#5-Fighting- Give Golden Gloves to Eevee and Level Up
I still need to think of 5 more

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom