• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions?

KuraiPhantom

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I feel like they should have made a Dragon Eevee.

In almost every generation, they have made two Eeveelutions for each one. So why's this one stuck with just Sylveon? I love Sylveon, but I feel like they should have added one more secret Eeveelution we don't know about. A little tiny Eevee dragon with wings and breathes fire with a fluffy coat around its neck? Come on, that would have been adorable!

Re: Dragon Eevee

In my opinion it would have made sense if they created a Dragon type Eeveelution this gen because of the type chart changes, mainly the introduction of the Fairy type and the nerfing of the Dragon type.

It would have been thematically neat, but I for one am getting tired of the Eeveelutions. It's more of a fandom problem in so many ways (No offence aimed at anyone who likes Sylveon, but I was thoroughly sick of the sight of it plastered all over fan art before the game was even released). When it comes to Eeveelutions, I'm less bothered about the type as the method of evolution.

I'd be fine with no more Eeveelutions. Sylveon made sense to promote the new type, but otherwise there's no need.

I'm not sure if Dragon-type would fit. Eevee looks too much like a mammal to have a reptile-like evolution. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about how it would be pulled off.

I think the amount of Eeveelutions is fine, personally. I like them all and while I haven't gotten sick of them, I also don't want to risk getting sick of them.

I wouldn't mind if there weren't anymore Eeveelutions. They should focus on giving other Pokemon evolutions or making new Pokemon instead for a change.

I personally like the Eeveelutions. I'm sick of them in a way but I also can't help it, I like the idea of Eevee being capable of evolving into so many different ones.

I'd love a dragon eeveelution and I know I'm in the minority.

I'm not sure if Dragon-type would fit. Eevee looks too much like a mammal to have a reptile-like evolution. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about how it would be pulled off.

I agree and initially nodded when I read this comment but to be fair, I'm fairly sure that Leafeon was also the first Grass pokemon that looked very mammal-like in appearance. There have been others but Leafeon is the the first in the order of pokemon, I think. Mega Ampharos, Noibat and Noivern are part-Dragon and they're mammal-like as well.

I agree and initially nodded when I read this comment but to be fair, I'm fairly sure that Leafeon was also the first Grass pokemon that looked very mammal-like in appearance. There have been others but Leafeon is the the first in the order of pokemon, I think. Mega Ampharos, Noibat and Noivern are part-Dragon and they're mammal-like as well.

That may have not been the best way to express my opinion, so I apologize for my ignorance. Nonetheless, the Eevelutions look like Eevee, somewhat. I'm not sure how it would work, without altering its core design.

"Dragon" does not necessarily mean "reptile."

Just a generalization, more or less.

Last edited:

Drakeon

HP 65
Attack 110
Defense 95
Special Attack 60
Special Defense 65
Speed 130

:3
I would switch Attack with Speed, Attack is usualy the highest stat of a Dragon with a few exceptions of course (Hydreigon and Kyurem White) but yeah if they make a Dragon Eeveelution this would most likely be its stats spread.

I wouldn't mind a dragon eeveelution, but the one I'm really hoping for is steel.

I think a Steel type Eeveelution would have this spread:

Can't-think-of-a-decent-name-eon

HP
Atk 95
Def 130
SpA 65
SpD 110
Spe 60

This seems logical in my mind

For the Dragon type Eeveelution, I agree with Norzan.

I wouldn't mind a dragon eeveelution, but the one I'm really hoping for is steel.

I think a Steel type Eeveelution would have this spread:

Can't-think-of-a-decent-name-eon

HP
Atk 95
Def 130
SpA 65
SpD 110
Spe 60

This seems logical in my mind

For the Dragon type Eeveelution, I agree with Norzan.

Sounds good. I've had the name covered for years, though: Ferreon.

A dragon Evee this gen would only serve to promote Sylveon even more, through showing Sylveon Moonblast the dragon Evee to death in every trailer.

Drakeon

HP 65
Attack 110
Defense 95
Special Attack 60
Special Defense 65
Speed 130

I would switch Attack with Speed, Attack is usualy the highest stat of a Dragon with a few exceptions of course (Hydreigon and Kyurem White) but yeah if they make a Dragon Eeveelution this would most likely be its stats spread.

Mmhmm, I did take that into account. And it most likely would follow that suit.

However, I chose the larger speed so that way it could outspeed common threats to it such as Latios, Latias, Noivern, Greninja, etc (and it could have its own personal niche as the fastest dragon) while OHKOing them with 110 STAB Outrages in return. Also, if it had room to boost its Attack with a SD, then that 110 Attack would be compensated for, and would work very well with its blazing 130 speed. But I agree, either stat distribution would be fine with me.

Also, it could be Drakeon or Draceon now. I think they both fit :3

If the purpose and point is to pair with Sylveon, I would want it to be a Poison-type or Steel-type Eevelution. This is to bring more options to counter Fairy-types.
Venomeon (it sounds weird lol)
HP 65
Attack 60
Defense 65
Special Attack 110
Special Defense 130
Speed 90

Ability: Poison Heal, Adaptability (HA)
Notable moves: Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Pain Split

Last edited:

If the purpose and point is to pair with Sylveon, I would want it to be a Poison-type or Steel-type Eevelution. This is to bring more options to counter Fairy-types.
Venomeon (it sounds weird lol)
HP 65
Attack 60
Defense 65
Special Attack 110
Special Defense 130
Speed 90

Ability: Poison Heal, Adaptability (HA)
Notable moves: Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Pain Split

Maybe Toxieon?

Drakeon

HP 65
Attack 110
Defense 95
Special Attack 60
Special Defense 65
Speed 130

Mmhmm, I did take that into account. And it most likely would follow that suit.

However, I chose the larger speed so that way it could outspeed common threats to it such as Latios, Latias, Noivern, Greninja, etc (and it could have its own personal niche as the fastest dragon) while OHKOing them with 110 STAB Outrages in return. Also, if it had room to boost its Attack with a SD, then that 110 Attack would be compensated for, and would work very well with its blazing 130 speed. But I agree, either stat distribution would be fine with me.

Also, it could be Drakeon or Draceon now. I think they both fit :3
It could also learn Dragon Dance, after one Dragon Dance only Scarfed Lati@s (it would be a speed tie though), Noivern, Greninja could outspeed it and all the other Dragons even with Choice Scarf could not outspeed it. I agree with both stats distributions but i feel the 130 Attack an 110 Speed makes a little more sense, while Dragons are fast they are more about power.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom