• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions?

Re: Dragon Eevee

I'm not sure if Dragon-type would fit. Eevee looks too much like a mammal to have a reptile-like evolution. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about how it would be pulled off.
Then please would you care to explain vaporeon?

That's not a mammal pokemon.

I'm not sure if Dragon-type would fit. Eevee looks too much like a mammal to have a reptile-like evolution. Nonetheless, it is interesting to think about how it would be pulled off.
Then please would you care to explain vaporeon?

That's not a mammal pokemon.

Looking back, what I said didn't make sense. I admit that.

I have been fantasizing about a flying type eeveelution for a while now. I call it Avieon, and here is its stat layout:

HP: 60
Attack: 95
Defense: 65
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 130

Since there are not as many strong physical Flying type moves as there are special, maybe that 95 stat should be allocated to one of its defenses?

Anyways, I love the Eeveelutions and hope more continue to come. It would also be nice if their designs start becoming as complex/detailed as Sylveon's.

I've always found flying types to be relatively frail, and a slightly mixed attacker would be nice, especially for an eeveelution. This would work because, like all eeveelutions, Avieon's movepool will not be limited to flying type moves. :)

In that case, give it Aerilate. Then with moves such as Quick Attack, Facade, and Return we are good to go. Oh, maybe it can have ExtremeSpeed too.

I'd make that his Hidden Ability, as Sylveon had Pixilate has HER Hidden Ability. Maybe something like Quick Feet for its regular ability?

I really think we have enough eeveelutions now. Seriously. Sylveon was excusable for introducing the fairy type, but we have enough types too, so I can't see that excuse getting used again. I suppose I wouldn't mind a dragon eevee, if it was done well, but I really don't think we need it, or any others.The number they have has pretty much exhausted most of the design concepts they could have drawn on, so I can't see they can make many more without retreading ground, or just not being up to the standard of the ones we already have. Don't get me wrong, I love the eeveelutions, but adding any more is just excessive. Enough is enough.

To be honest, when Game Freak introduced the Steel and Dark types in GSC, it would have made sense to have not only Umbreon and Espeon make an appearance to introduce the day/night and frienship systems, but also a Steel type evolution to help introduce the Steel type itself.

I still think there should have been a Drageon, I think Gen 6 would have been perfect to introduces it, to pair it with the Fairy type Sylveon.
All other even numbered gens have introduced 2 new Eeveelutions so Gen 6 should have as well, also, that's then all Special types covered.
(I know Fairy wasn't around before the split, but think it's obvious that Fairy would be Special)

For Gen VII, it would be nice to have a Ghost-type and Normal-type evolutions for Eevee. Both can't harm each other using their own move types, which to me is a very interesting contrast.

It would have been thematically neat, but I for one am getting tired of the Eeveelutions. It's more of a fandom problem in so many ways (No offence aimed at anyone who likes Sylveon, but I was thoroughly sick of the sight of it plastered all over fan art before the game was even released). When it comes to Eeveelutions, I'm less bothered about the type as the method of evolution.
It's a fandom 'problem' because GF never released official evolutions for many types. Hence, people have created their own interpretations. If GF released a few for the next few generations until all types were covered, it would no longer be something that people would harp on about.

Personally, I think they're all cute and different enough from each other to be unique.

For Gen VII, it would be nice to have a Ghost-type and Normal-type evolutions for Eevee. Both can't harm each other using their own move types, which to me is a very interesting contrast.
That would be an interesting idea for counterpart Pokemon, although I don't think Eeveelutions would be the best way of accomplishing it.

There still needs to be a dragon evolution of Eevee. Every other special type is covered by Eevee's evolutions. So far Fairy is the only non special type covered though it was introduced after special/physical types were done away with and it can be assumed Fairy would've been special in the old system.

I would love to see a ground type or fighting type evolution of Eevee.

Last edited:
Here's my ideas/guesses for the names for future Eevee evolutions. I'll do stats and stuff later.

Stingeon (Bug)
Scaleon (Dragon)
Gutseon (Fighting)
Wingeon (Flying)
Wispeon (Ghost)
Quakeon (Ground)
Sludgeon (Poison)
Rusteon (Steel)

While I think we have more than enough eeveelutions as is, if we did end up getting more I would quite like to see a Bug or Rock type one.

Bug doesn't have a lot of representatives above the 500 BST mark, so any more would be very welcome. Not to mention I imagine a Bug type eeveelution would have a very interesting design.

Rock mainly because I really want to see both a powerful mono-rock type that can actually hold its own (the best we really have at the moment is Regirock, which isn't saying much) and a rock type that is both fast and specially offensive. An eeveelution could easily have both qualities, as for the design I was thinking something crystalline in appearance, or a smooth shisa-esque Pokemon with a body made of jade.

I would love to see a ground type or fighting type evolution of Eevee.

I second this. Although I'm not a fan of eeveelutions Ground type Eevee would be cool as hell. Fighting type is iffy. I'm afraid it'd turn out to be a budget Lucario or something of that sort.

I love all the Eeveelutions and I'm SURE Pokémon Z or Generation 7 will bring the Dragon type Eevee. I patiently wait for the day that we get the Normal-type Eeveelution I so desperately crave, being the result of Eevee's genes stabilizing themselves. That'll probably be the 18th Eeveelution though. ;)

I'd like new Eevees, but only if the designs are GOOD. I'm really not a big fan of Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon. The ones I'd most want to see are Dragon, Bug, and Steel. Poison too.

I'm sure there will be a Dragon eeveelution one day. A Steel type and a Ghost type would be nice, too. Or perhaps a Rock or Ground type...

yes!!! i have a good one!!!! owpeon:the steel type eeveelution
it has cream fur, and it has pikes on it,the color of iron tail lol, and the spikes are all over its body and theres a spike color and spikes on the paws

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom