• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Ending in DP62 !!! and a really new one!

Confirms that Kenny will be Dawn's main rival.

That was totally obvious he's a recurring rival since he first appeared
Just like with Nando
I really can't see why people are surprised

Notice the absence of Nando, I guess the writers knew better than to waste our time with him. Good call on their part.

Nando will stay
He's connected to Zoey with the whole gyms/contests thing and Kenny is likely to join them in that somehow
He'll also probably will battle Fantina on screen
the reason they didn't show them isn't that he's not important but simply that he isn't only Dawn's rival
He's a rival for both heroes so to show him with Dawn/Zoey/Kenny would make him seems like he's only Dawn's rival which is wrong

Hey Piplup, do you know how to use periods? You know, it's kind of necessary to end your sentences.

On topic, is it me or does this ending REALLY feels like an ending song for an anime? I dunno, but I got that feeling since the first time I watched it. ^^;;

Lovely new ending, with very catchy song and nicely done animation.

I love Hikari's dresses (mainly the first one with the hat) - just cannot understand why the heck she's always with the dang pink one in every bloody contest she takes part (and I think they should change Kengo and Nozomi's costumes as well, they're cheap, not neat)... wish she'd wear something new sometime soon -, love Musarina's shiny-magical-brighty-candy scene and love everything else.

Seriously, it rocks my mocks and I just WON'T stop watching it 'till I get sick of it; witch, by the way, I doubt will happen after, uh, 3 hundred watches or so. =]

Confirms that Kenny will be Dawn's main rival. Notice the absence of Nando, I guess the writers knew better than to waste our time with him. Good call on their part.

Don't forget Nando's also Ash's rival and Paul wasn't there either, so...

About some people's bitching about Ash's rivals absence and the song not matching them, well... Shut up. This freaking song is freaking awesome and freaking matches the series - it freakig is a perfect ending theme and I can easily freaking see Paul and even Darkrai or Mewtwo or FREAKING-bad-ass-character there.

On topic, is it me or does this ending REALLY feels like an ending song for an anime? I dunno, but I got that feeling since the first time I watched it. ^^;;

As you *just* figured out, no, it's not only you! x)

Last edited:
It is a very nice ending, I hope it stays for a while. I doubt it'll stay as long as Dawn's theme did, but I can see this lasting until summer at least.

Dang! This song has the flavor equivalent of a bag of garden salsa sunchips!
in other words
IT'S SO FLAVORFUL!!!!

seriously, it's so happy and good feeling like Together. I love songs like that.
In fact the world needs more of these songs!
I still want my up-beat jazz ending though. With a Haruhi-like dance too.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom