• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New ending song to debut on the 5th January - "Seven-coloured Arch"

Re: New ending song to debut on the 5th January

"I am a Hero" sounds amazing! Way better than Endless Fighters to say the least.

Thanks to Karubii
NewEnding.jpg

Am I the only one that still loves Best Wishes! as an opening? ;_; The animation can go, BUT THE SONG IS STILL SO GOOD.

I am excited for the new ending, though. YES. PUT HUMAN CHARACTERS IN IT. ALL OF THEM. There is so much potential with all of the rivals Satoshi has. scientists. together. The Best Wishes songs have all had way too much Pokemon love and not enough for the human characters :( I like the PokeRap thing, but ugh it can go....

Ending song sounds pretty nice, but I'm going to miss DJ Nyasu. :-(

FDLADFJ I LOVE IT
except for the autotune, that can go

but i LOVEEEE it already DLKFJSFKJSD

Ieru kana's awful, so glad to see it go. Anything will be better.

Excited about a new ending song, disappointed about the lack of a new opening song...
Your right !
I also waiting for a new opening but all I'm getting is Ending !
They seriously aren't thinking about wasting the hole Bw series with that pathtic opening.
Seriously Time has change ! Doesn't they Understand ?
We need a Opening that feel with Action like Inazuma eleven opening or A opening that has heartworming feeling like Shugo chara opening. Not a opening about cute pikachu running & meeting its cute friend.
What We need a Opening Not a Ending !
So I'm not happy

Last edited:

The i am hero is for Pokemon Smash, not the main show.

I'll be glad when it changes, I hate Ieru Kana. It just sounds so "flat" and boring.

I personally don't quite see why people think the opening has been going on for too long, especially when comparing it to others...
First openings of series have always lasted a long time, 80+ for TOS, 69 for AG... and depending on how you count it, 77 or 94(!) for DP.

People think that the first opening for the series goes on too long in general, not that this one is staying a particularly long time. At least, I do. :p

I love the opening song... the animation is getting old though. But Ieru Kana is horrible. And that seems to be the consensus around here.

I for one would be thrilled for Mamoru Miyano or Aoi Yuki to sing the new closing theme.

Pretty Boy Sommelier! ~Dento's Theme~

If that's not the title if when he gets his own theme, I will flip a table.

I can't wait for the new ending. Ieru Ka Na? BW can burn in hell for all I care.

And as for the opening, we're only about 60 episodes into the series. Like others have stated, we had Together for 94 episodes. Be more patient, people.

I don't really like it that much myself, but I don't get why 'Ieru ka na' gets as much hate as it does. I guess as a stand-alone piece you'd listen to it wouldn't be great, but it's kind of nice from a visual standpoint at least. Beats having one of those schmaltzy 'Satoshi and Pikachu sit under a tree during a sunset' type endings anyway.

In any case, I'm a sucker for Pokemon centric endings myself (Pokemon; it's why I watch this show!), so I wouldn't mind seeing another one so soon after this. It'd be the cast member's pokemon as the main focus, of course.

Interesting to know I'm not the only one who isn't too thrilled with the current ending. I can agree with @Grave-E that it's nice visually, being a Poke-centric ending, but the song itself? Meh. I wish we had kept the first one longer.

I'm confident the new ending will be great if only because it shouldn't be too tough to top the current one. But it may also be fantastic or just mediocre. We'll see.

Intro & Conclusion

There was really only one theory that I have brought all of this entirely down to and that the entire season of BW is going to have the same opening. The first season of Pokemon had stuck to the same opening. I can see that maybe BW has that reason because soon enough, Ash could be looking at finally taking a step up to becoming a Pokemon Master. Sort of how you tie back to your introduction, you play similar key items in a conclusion. I have to say I'm hopeful that there will be something bigger with this probable theory. Therefore, I am excited they aren't changing the opening because obviously this is definitely a hint to something. That or BW is completely summed up in their one and only opening that there is no need to change it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom