• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New ending song to debut on the 5th January - "Seven-coloured Arch"

The best part of this ending is Team Rocket looking happy. <3

And it is cute to see everyone singing and having a great time!

It was a pretty cute ending. I just loved how spoiler packed it was. This is what I get for trailing behind my watching of BW. That and the lip synching for the other characters. Kind of felt like something I would hear near the tail end of a series rather than something that's obviously in the middle. In fact, this is what I was expecting In Your Heart, LaLaLa to be like when I first heard it's announcement.

The song was adorable. Not the best song ever, but it had a very nostalgic feeling to it and... um.
@Croag @CommanderPigg - it's collaboration time?

ALSO HUGE PET PEEVE BUT
dent's conducting pattern is incorrect.

He's conducting in a 3 quarter pattern (down, right, diagonal up like a triangle) where as the arm motions for a 4 quarter time signature would be down, left, right, up.

DENT IS CLEARLY NOT A MUSIC SOMMELIER

Last edited:
sfkjldsfajlksfkjl OMG this was too adorable. Cilan conducting; Ash, Iris and all the Pokemon dancing, Team Rocket looking happy at the end...SO CUTE ;______; I just wanted to reach through the screen and glomp everybody.

i transcribed the song to the best of my ability.
rudimentary knowledge of japanese for the lose n_n
if anyone wants to correct my mistakes (which i am sure there are probably plenty) and translate... please feel free xD

aogu hane wakaru sora ni
kagayaku hitomi
saa mune wo ae arukidase yume no hajimari
you no tobi kanashimi mo
asu e no chikara ni shite
nandodemo nandodemo haba takeru tsuyosa wo shinjite
ega kou ano sora ippai ni
nana iro aachii
yukuri tooi ippodemo kitto keshiki waka waru hazu sa
saa yukou kimi no mirai e
niji no mukou e
the more i listened to it the more it grew on me; it really has a lot of musical complexity. the dissonances are gorgeous! i learned the three-part harmony, kekekeke.

aoku hare wataru sora ni
kagayaku hitomi
saa mune wo hare arukidase yume no hajimari
yorokobi kanashimi wo
asu e no chikara ni shite
nandodemo nandodemo haba takeru tsuyosa wo shinjite
egakou ano sora ippai ni
nana iro aachi
yukkuri to ippo demo kitto keshiki wa kawaru hazu sa
saa yukou kimi no mirai e
niji no mukou e
^ slight corrections

A translation:
Reflected upon the blue, clear sky, is the gleaming of your eyes
Now go, clear your mind, and walk onward, to the beginning of your dreams
Both your happiness and sadness
Give you the strength to face tomorrow
However many times, however many times,
Believe that you have the strength to fly
And draw upon the sky, lots of
Seven-coloured arches
Even if slowly, just one pace at a time,
Everything around you will change, I'm sure
Now go ahead,
Onward to your future,
Onward past the rainbow...

Last edited:
guess japanese animators are having problem with lipsing animation,many parts of the song doesnt fit the lips,but the song it self is nice.

^ slight corrections

A translation:
Reflected upon the blue, clear sky, is the gleaming of your eyes
Now go, clear your mind, and walk onward, to the beginning of your dreams
Both your happiness and sadness
Give you the strength to face tomorrow
However many times, however many times,
Believe that you have the strength to fly
And draw upon the sky, lots of
Seven-coloured arches
Even if slowly, just one pace at a time,
Everything around you will change, I'm sure
Now go ahead,
Onward to your future,
Onward past the rainbow...

-needs to get ears fixed or cleaned out-
there were some i couldn't for the life of me figure out, and now that i play the song back it all makes sense xD
arg if my chinese weren't so fail i could have figured out some of the words i screwed up lololol...
thanks, bluesun :3

and the lyrics are so cute! n_n
though i am still heavily bothered by dent's incorrect conducting!

Disappointed by the lack of Team Rocket spoilers. I liked the music from fanfare of the heart more, but definitely the best animation of any BW ending.

Also Stunfisk looks like its dying next to all the happy bobbing pokemon.

I wish we *didn't* have those spoilers, actually, since this will take a lot of the fun out of the next batch of episodes. They should have just showed everyone with their current team and then updated the ending whenever they evolve.

alypkm said:
guess japanese animators are having problem with lipsing animation,many parts of the song doesnt fit the lips,but the song it self is nice.

The phrase you're looking for is "lip syncing."

And no, Japanese animators don't really have a lot of experience with lip sync because they're used to not having to worry about it. While American animators are obsessed with realistic looking mouths, Japanese animators are fine with just repeating the same "open" and "closed" mouths over and over. It's cheaper and easier.

And I had some kind of graduation ceremonies in both elementary and middle school, so it's not that unusual, and I life in Finland.
The animation seems nice, haven't heard the song yet~

Nice song and the animation was really good too (lol at happy TRio... seems so contradicting to their current role on the show)
I don't like how Ash keeps catching more and more Pokémon, though I do like the sunglasses Krokorok... what really made me angry is that they dared to evolve Tepig into this ugly thing rather than evolve Oshawott or at least Snivy... I wish the pig could stay in its first cute little form forever... and I want to finally see Ash with a fully evolved water starter... I just hope now that the pig won't evolve to its final form (cause that would make it even uglier and the poor thing doesn't deserve that, keep it for Bianca or something) and that Oshawott will fully evolve eventually
The other evolutions barely make me care much about them so... yeah... and lol at Iris being the only one with no changes at all

Was a nice ending, but I will concede that it was unable to pry Ieru Kana out of my head. That earworm has well and truly made itself right at home in my subconcious.

The best part was Doryuzu. All the other pokemon were just bobbing along to the song, but man, he was really getting into it, huh?

Y'know, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first OP/ED since...like, Glory Days, with spoilers in it?

They've pretty much been using the "Edit OP/ED with captures/evolutions as they occur" approach for the last few years, so it's kind of odd for them to go back to the old way...especially since this ED would've been rather easy to edit since everyone is just in one place the whole time.

DP's first OP/ED spoiled the first few captures... there's also Saikou Everyday as Piggy said (spoiled Dawn's Togekiss and I think another thing too, can't remember at the moment... I think maybe Torterra and/or Infernape?...)
So no, it's not first time we got spoilers... cause even the updating OP/ED usually had spoilers in their early version

DP's first OP/ED spoiled the first few captures... there's also Saikou Everyday as Piggy said (spoiled Dawn's Togekiss and I think another thing too, can't remember at the moment... I think maybe Torterra and/or Infernape?...)
So no, it's not first time we got spoilers... cause even the updating OP/ED usually had spoilers in their early version
It spoilt Grotle's evolution and Dawn catching a Togekiss, I think. I don't think it had Infernape in it in the first place.

Anyway, I was glad that we finally had a 'normal' ending for BW.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom