• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News New Ending Theme: Type: Wild (starts July 2019)

Reaction score
It has been announced that Type: Wild will replace Notebook of the Heart as Sun & Moon's ending theme in July 2019 to celebrate the kickoff of the Alola League.
Credit goes to Dephender for the information.

Vocals: Shoko Nakagawa
Lyrics: Akihito Toda
Composition: Hirokazu Tanaka
Arrangement: Kenichi Maeyamada

It has been announced that Type: Wild will replace Notebook of the Heart as Sun & Moon's ending theme in July 2019 to celebrate the kickoff of the Alola League.
Credit goes to Dephender for the information.

Vocals: Shoko Nakagawa
Lyrics: Akihito Toda
Composition: Hirokazu Tanaka
Arrangement: Kenichi Maeyamada
Unexpected, but welcomed.

I've always found this song to be kinda overrated. It only gets good during the chorus, but I don't even trust Shokotan to have the same kind of charisma and vocal talent in her version that Rica Matsumoto had in the original. Sorry not sorry.

Also, Shoko Nakagawa is an awesome singer.

wSERWqd.png

Hmmm...a neat nostalgic touch, or more Kanto pandering?

YOU decide!

The good:
-SM won't have the dubious honor of having more openings than endings.
-It fits the league and series finale style.

The bad:
-This is one of the most "Rica" songs ever and it leaves a bad taste to hear it sung by someone else. And as seen in the Pokenchi preview Shoko sings it pretty much in the same way as her.
-The animation will likely be composed of stock footage of the SM series like the original without anything noteworthy, proving that this series had the cheapest OP/ED of all.

The mix is awesome. I forget how much the Kaze to Issho ni intro makes my spine tingle...

If they had asked Rica to sing it, this might well be better than the original, alas.

I love that they've brought back Type Wild. I don't like this version nearly as much as the original though. Not feeling the vocals replacing the harmonica and main guitar riff, and I miss the guitar solo.

I see this song as "Ash's theme" more than any other, and with the lack of Rica vocals and overall changes to the sound I don't think it fits him as well.

I think the streaming situation was a bit shit today hence no YouTube upload yet, but for anyone desperately wondering the visuals were essentially an expy of the original Type: Wild (video clips from the episode and all) but the other kids had their own short running segments towards the end of it.

ETA: The kind folks of Twitter have done it, of course.

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1147805705090420736

Last edited:
I think the streaming situation was a bit shit today hence no YouTube upload yet, but for anyone desperately wondering the visuals were essentially an expy of the original Type: Wild (video clips from the episode and all) but the other kids had their own short running segments towards the end of it.

ETA: The kind folks of Twitter have done it, of course.

View: https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/1147805705090420736

I don't know why the final group shot makes me so happy, but it does.

I know that all Ash's Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory, including Bulbasaur and Muk, have been cut from the animation for the ending theme of this series. However, it is actually unknown whether or not all Ash's old Pokémon at Professor Oak's Laboratory, including the ones from Kanto, the Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos, will appear in the final Sun & Moon episode in which Ash returns to his home in Pallet Town after his graduation from the Pokémon School, and whether or not Ash and all his Alola party and old Pokémon will receive their replacement photo taken for their update. But we'll see. That's all.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom