• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Epi Title!

Mukubird

Ben Eary
Reaction score
??????????!!
Buizel! The Road to Strength! will be airing on May 17, 2007.

This is it, we'll finally see who gets Buizel.

Ripping off Dragonball movie titles, are we?

Or is this one of those common titles that are used everywhere?

??????????!!
Buizel! The Road to Strength! will be airing on May 17, 2007.

This is it, we'll finally see who gets Buizel.

It's already been confirmed to be Dawn in the 10th movie trailers and art.

But remember, it was on Hikari's profile, then it vanished. I'm sure it is Hikari's, but this episode will only put the matter to rest.

He sounds like a weakling to me. (Who then gains strength through Dawn's encouragement.)

There's more than that list, Sketch. There's that scan showing her commanding Buizel.

And I'm not denying that, I'm merely pointing out that Buoysel was on Hikari's list of Pokemon and then it vanished. That's it, nothing more. I'm not trying to say she won't get it, I'm just putting that on the table.

The funniest part about Buizel is how many people threw bitter whinefests when it was more likely to go to Dawn than Ash.

That's what baffles me about the Pokemon fandom. You guys complain that the anime does the same thing over and over, but then when they actually do something DIFFERENT for once, (i.e. introducing female videogame heroines with plot driven story arcs, or giving a character an unexpected capture, etc.) you guys complain anyway.

I'm happy about this because it gives Ash a chance to have a unique team this time around. AG had the amazing concept of splitting up the starters among the main characters which D/P repeats, but now let's hope this goes one step further by NOT giving Ash a fire/water type this time around.

If the writers don't add Quilava and Croconaw to Ash's Sinnoh team, it'll be the stupidest move since giving May a Bulbasaur! :p

The funniest part about Buizel is how many people threw bitter whinefests when it was more likely to go to Dawn than Ash.

That's what baffles me about the Pokemon fandom. You guys complain that the anime does the same thing over and over, but then when they actually do something DIFFERENT for once, (i.e. introducing female videogame heroines with plot driven story arcs, or giving a character an unexpected capture, etc.) you guys complain anyway.

I'm happy about this because it gives Ash a chance to have a unique team this time around. AG had the amazing concept of splitting up the starters among the main characters which D/P repeats, but now let's hope this goes one step further by NOT giving Ash a fire/water type this time around.

Some day you're going to actually post examples of the great crimes you claim everyone here makes when posting as opposed to simply saying "You all complain about X/Y/Z, on the otherhand, I am totally right in complaining about A/B/C because it is my point of view".

On that day, pigs will have wings.

Dawn's going to get a Pokemon that desires to be strong and Ash has a Pokemon that loves Pokemon Contests. I'm really agreeing with the trade theory now.

Some day you're going to actually post examples of the great crimes you claim everyone here makes when posting as opposed to simply saying "You all complain about X/Y/Z, on the otherhand, I am totally right in complaining about A/B/C because it is my point of view".

Though wasn't he complaining over the Buizel when it threatened Dawn's Piplup as her only water pogey, and had to be told so many times that if Dawn got it, it wouldn't ruin her team? Thus by default, he wanted Buizel to be Ash's.

Oh, but now he's looking at Ash's side instead of Dawn's, so he must feel completely justified calling everyone else a complainer. *shrug*

But I do want to see how this will turn out. =3 It is a strange irony, but if it makes room for Dawn to compete in a Gym battle for her Buizel's sake (and not because she's out to collect badges), then it's awesome. I wouldn't mind seeing Dawn battle in sanctioned fights not for the sake of the League.

Or if they trade, just as well. =)

Also on that day, Roark will marry one of his fangirls, Tucker and Harley will declare their gayness for each other, Dr. Yung will murder Prof. Oak, and Jay Bush will allow Duke to sell the secret family recipe.

Gee, think there'll be a capture in this episode?

Is this the first time there's been a main char with two Pokemon of the same type on their team at the same time? My memory ain't great, so sorry if it's a "duh" question.

Is this the first time there's been a main char with two Pokemon of the same type on their team at the same time? My memory ain't great, so sorry if it's a "duh" question.
Nah, Ash has had Bulbasaur and Chikorita/Bayleef. And Misty's Water-types and Brock's Rock/Ground-types and later Water-types.

I don't think types really matter all that much to Dawn; I would like to see her have five Pokémon that fulfill the five contest categories.

Nah, Ash has had Bulbasaur and Chikorita/Bayleef. And Misty's Water-types and Brock's Rock/Ground-types and later Water-types.

I don't think types really matter all that much to Dawn; I would like to see her have five Pokémon that fulfill the five contest categories.

Not to mention Jessie having two Poison types (Dustox/Seviper) or James having two Grass types (Carnivine/Cacnea).

Every character has had two of the same type on their teams at some point.

Also Ash's Squirtle/Lapras, and Pidgeotto/Butterfree/Charizard.

Sorry to butt in, but Butterfree was gone before Charizard evolved. (I think even before he had Charmeleon, in fact) Point still taken though.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom