• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Episode Summaries???

No new titles, but all of the summaries beginning with the Registeel one have the name "Jundai" in them. (That's Brandon)

Yeah, I believe it has a summary for the Weavile, the Pyramid (which we already knew) and two new ones for the Drew and Pokecenter one.

I hope that Dogasu or Zhen Li will come to the rescue soon!

The Haruka/Shuu episode mentions the Ookido lab and Shigeru.

Disclaimer: Accuracy of translations not guaranteed.

AG186 Summary:
ジンダイに敗れたサトシ。そこへ訪れたオーキド博士からポケモンたちやシゲルの話を聞いた彼は、再び闘志を燃やすのだった。一方、ライバルのシュウと再会したハルカは、バトルを申しこむが…。
Satoshi was defeated by Jindai. After hearing from Ōkido-hakase about his Pokémon and about Shigeru, he once again has a fighting spirit. Meanwhile, Haruka meets with her rival Shū, and challenges him to a battle...

AG187 Summary:
ジンダイの再戦に向け、サトシは近くのポケモンセンターでトレーニングをする。ところが、ポケモンセンターのジョーイさんが病気でたおれとしまう。そんなとき、近くの山道で事故が発生!
In preperation for his rematch with Jindai, Satoshi is training at a nearby Pokémon Center, whose Joy-san has become ill. Then, an accident occurs on a nearby mountain road!

Doesn't sound like Gary is in the episode then, Oak just mentions him. I thought his voice actor didn't want anything to do with the series anymore?

May and Drew battling again sure seems to imply they're still going to be rivals, this will probably set things up for Shinou.

Well, they're definitely going to relate May/Drew to Ash/Gary. Eh, guess it had to happen some time. Drat, I hate it when the fandom compares Drew and Gary. :p

Sooo Ash hears about what Gary's doing and it psyches him up... May will probably observe his feelings and apply them to her own rivalry with Drew. That's a more encouraging parallel than the writers deciding to make May/Drew mirror Ash/Gary in every respect and writing Drew out.

I'm surprised that May's challenging Drew. Does he provoke her into it, perhaps? And where does Harley fit in?

Scott85 said:
Doesn't sound like Gary is in the episode then, Oak just mentions him. I thought his voice actor didn't want anything to do with the series anymore?

Considering he later reprised the role in the Aerodactyl special, I'd say he simply wanted to do other things. Not that he never wanted to touch Pocket Monsters again.

Any mention of Gary, even if it only talk, makes me happy. I'd love for this to be a setup for Ash and Gary to renew their rivalry in Shino.

I doubt Gary's coming back, but it's nice to hear him get a mention.

Was it ever cleared up exactly what happened with his VA? I keep hearing conflicting reports. Some people claim the whole VA quitting thing was just a fandom rumour.

hmmm. This sounds very cool. I'm sure Chaos will be interested to hear that Gary's is being mentioned.

I think the voice actor quitting thing was just a an assumption that some people jumped to because Gary's VA wasn't listed in the AG credits. Even if it is true, her quitting shouldn't have had any impact on Gary's character, they could have easily hired someone else to play him.

An alternate translation of the AG186 summary:

Umi Mizuno on SPPf said:
OkashiraShinomori says that the episode says this but even he's not sure because some of the words are a bit blurred:

After Satoshi lost to Jindai, they visited Prof. Oak and Satoshi's Pokémon, then listened to something that Shigeru had to tell them. Afterwards, they proceeded to what I presume they refer to as the GF and it mentions the start of Haruka's battle with her rival, Shuu.

So is Gary actually there? Did the Pyramid dock in Pallet town or something? Even more interesting.

That translation bit might be off, I think Oak told Ash something Gary told to tell HIM, meaning that Gary isn't actually there, but he told Oak to give Ash a message.

Anyway Ash loses to Registeel, so the Pyramid might have moved again. Ash went back to Oak's lab to get a new Pokemon to battle Brandon with I'm assuming, since his current team isn't cutting it.

Well, they'll probably have at least one more ep beyond the Pokemon Center one before they go for the Pyramid again. After that remains in debate.

If Ash does a Pokémon swap at Oak's, this might begin to set up Ash's beginning Shinou team.
Woopert said:
AG187 Summary:
ジンダイの再戦に向け、サトシは近くのポケモンセンターでトレーニングをする。ところが、ポケモンセンターのジョーイさんが病気でたおれとしまう。そんなとき、近くの山道で事故が発生!
In preperation for his rematch with Jindai, Satoshi is training at a nearby Pokémon Center, whose Joy-san has become ill. Then, an accident occurs on a nearby mountain road!
It looks like my Doctor Proctor II theory was right.

I wonder what is wrong with Nurse Joy. We've been watching them treat sick Pokémon since the beginning and this is the first that I can recall to become ill.

I hope the Pokémon Centre ep gives Jessie a decent role. She's done nothing throughout Battle Frontier sans getting owned it contests despite giving the better performances. She is the one most qualified out of the main characters to look after the Centre after all, although it wouldn't surprise me if her only role is no different to pretty much every other episode.

I'm glad that Ash got owned by Brandon twice. The writers are actually handling this realistically, and not having Ash simply breeze through Brandon and his legendary Pokemon.

Also, the fact that he's actually returning to Oaks to rotate his Pokemon (?) and doing some training in the Pokemon Center episode sounds good.

Ha, since Brandon will most likely used Regice next, this is the perfect opportunity to get back Cyndaquil and evolve the damn thing. Cyndaquil actually had build up to an evolution back in late Johto...but it never went anywhere.

Now that AG has shown that the writers aren't afraid about giving Ash evolutions, it would be perfect to see them fix up Cyndaquil's wasted potential, just like they did with Phanpy.

I still want to see Ash's Squirtle again, though, considering Charizard/Bulbasaur both got some spotlight this saga, it is only fair that Squirtle gets some too. Plus May's Squirtle still needs to meet it.

Scott85 said:
Ha, since Brandon will most likely used Regice next, this is the perfect opportunity to get back Cyndaquil and evolve the damn thing. Cyndaquil actually had build up to an evolution back in late Johto...but it never went anywhere.
That was in one episode where the moral was that Cyndquil doesn't need to evolve to be amazing.

Not that Cynaquil won't evolve, though. It would make sense since the only other fire Pokémon at the lab is Torkoal.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom