• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Episode Titles Get! To the Battle Factory!

Time passes

Don't forget that at least one year has passed since Max tried out his skills at the Rustboro school. He might now be old enough to get his license, which is why he may be at Professor Oak's with his dad. Could it be that the mystery of Squirtle is about to be solved? I think that a Squirtle would suit Max well.

May is a capable battler but she has little or no formal experience (fighting Rockets does not classify as formal experience). Ash may be involved in training either she or Max in battling as his apprentice in the BF.

Regarding tag-teams, I think that Ash and Misty would be an awesome pair. Remember that they worked together for five seasons, so they probably know each other's moves really well and would be able to fit together very smoothly. May, for all her raw skill, is less experienced and Ash would find that he is spending most of his time protecting her Pokémon and supporting her rather than holding up his end of the battle.

If Max did get his license and a Pokemon then wouldn't he get them from Birch instead of Oak? And what's the mystery of Squirtle that you're talking about?

The Squirtle that popped up in the Manga version of Movie 8 with Ash and then the one in the new mini-movie thing on ANA.

Everyone says may will get it, but I am going with it's Ash's.

Regional Responsibility

Belldaddy said:
If Max did get his license and a Pokemon then wouldn't he get them from Birch instead of Oak?
I think that the various Pokémon professors have responsibility for their respective regions when it comes to handing out starters. If Max were going to Journey in Houen, then he would get his starter from Professor Birch. However, if he is going to apprentice with Ash in Kanto (and that is a big if), then Professor Oak is the professor-in-charge and Max will get an RBY/FRLG starter.

If, as Habunake suggests, that is Ash's Squirtle, then I look forward to the explanation of when Ash got it back from the Vermillion City Fire Department. That would probably be an episode in its own right.

Vermilion? I thought the Squirtle Squad were in a town that wasn't given a name.

Really?

Belldaddy said:
Vermilion? I thought the Squirtle Squad were in a town that wasn't given a name.
Well, I thought it was Vermilion. :confused: If I'm wrong, I'm sure that someone will correct me before too long.

Well the Squirtle Squad episode happened then the one with Bill's lighthouse then Vermilion gym. So I doubt it's Vermilion because they had no reason to leave there and go to the lighthouse then go back for the badge.

They definately enter and leave the Squirtle Squad's town in the same episode. I don't recall a name for it.

It would make sense for Max and Birch to arrive at Proffessor Oak's to get a starter Pokémon. Max has a lot of experience watching Ash since Rustboro City, so he may fill the Apprentice roll of the Battle Frontier. After all, you don't have to be 10 to own a Pokémon! It is still a high possibility that it is Ash's, though. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom