• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Evos/Prevos + Eeveelution poll

Which new types would you like to see for Eeveelutions?

• Total voters
Re: New Eeveelutions?

i would like to see a ghost type eeveelution. (obliveon would be good)
<3 that name is awesome. Obliveon. Haha. Best Eeveelution name ever.

I can't really see a flying type Eeveelution. I'd love it if we could get one, I just don't see it happening.
A steel type would be pretty neat.

You know what I never see suggested? A third stage. No one seems to realize that every Eevee line so far has room for one more evolution. While I doubt Game Freak would do it, they certainly could if they wanted to, and most of the element-based Eevee evolutions certainly have room for "improvement".

Interesting idea, SmearglePaints, and one that has merit. The thing is, how would such an evolution come about? Unless the fine folks at GF, Nintendo, and the Pokémon Company find a way to streamline the processes for evolution, I fear advancing the Eevelution lines (like, say, evolving Jolteon into Ohmeon [placeholder name]) would further complicate the evolutionary methods even more than they already are. Of course, the same can be said for new Eeveelutions, but if one were to make new items that act in an old way or recycle the lesser-used old items, we could easily have a Flying- or Steel-type Eeevelution.

That being said, as far as new methods of evolution in general, and tied to Eevee specifically, I would like to see genetic evolution more widespread. Maybe some enterprising scientists have been studying Eevee and attempting to reproduce its mutation ability in other Pokémon that still don't have an evolution or 3rd stage in their existing line?

How come we assume that Eevee will suddenly acquire normal type evolutions? Did anybody ever present any reasoning for this gargantuan assumption? There might be a dragon eeveelution, but unless there are new special elemental types then that would be it. Of course I may be mistaken and they might eevee up to normal elemental types, but I wouldn't wait with bated breath.

I would like ONE more Eeveelution to be introduced. Give us a Dragon-type Eevee for two reasons: 1) it would finish the scheme of the Eeveelutions being the former Special types; 2) Make it the antithesis of Umbreon and put its three good stats in Speed, Attack and Special Attack. Sweeper Eevee. They amazingly haven't done a purely-offensive Eevee and it's one of the few new ideas that could be implemented.

I already have the stats written out for you.
Health - 65
Attack - 130
Defense - 60
Special Attack - 110
Special Defense - 65
Speed - 95
I thought of them while browsing DA for dragon eeveelutions. I remembered their stats and set out to find out what they would be. Using the base stats of all eeveelutions with the Dragon Average and max stats from bulbapedia, i got exactly what you wanted. and it works.

EDIT: and how it would look, Combine Eevee with Dratini and other adorable dragon/pseudo-legendary pokemon. maybe with some characteristics from Aerodactyl, Gyrados, Milotic... and other Dragon-like pokemon. Without any wings however

Last edited:

Interesting idea, SmearglePaints, and one that has merit. The thing is, how would such an evolution come about? Unless the fine folks at GF, Nintendo, and the Pokémon Company find a way to streamline the processes for evolution, I fear advancing the Eevelution lines (like, say, evolving Jolteon into Ohmeon [placeholder name]) would further complicate the evolutionary methods even more than they already are. Of course, the same can be said for new Eeveelutions, but if one were to make new items that act in an old way or recycle the lesser-used old items, we could easily have a Flying- or Steel-type Eeevelution.

That being said, as far as new methods of evolution in general, and tied to Eevee specifically, I would like to see genetic evolution more widespread. Maybe some enterprising scientists have been studying Eevee and attempting to reproduce its mutation ability in other Pokémon that still don't have an evolution or 3rd stage in their existing line?

I would like this, and add a second type and maybe improve a stat. A fire/fighting Flareon evolution with increased speed and access to fighting moves would be grand. However they could increase movepools and stats without evolving them, I'd prefer this but Gamefreak has stupid for brains and would rather have the Eeveelutions just learn moves that are the same type as them, which is boring, and gets really stupid when it comes to Flareon. :banghead:

Superpower is a step in the right direction for Flareon but nothing makes up for the lack of Flare Blitz. NOTHING!

I'd love to see a flying eeveelution and perhaps it could start a trend of pure flying types, wouldn't that be something new :). Of course, they'd have to give it a super cool ability too. However, I doubt that would happen and they'd probably give it like levitate or something :p.

I'd also love to see a ghost type eeveelution just because I love ghosts.

There's already a normal one.
I would like to see how a poison or steel one would turn out.

Obliveon is PERFECT.

The extra set of legs on the bug? Also perfect.

The sandstorm effect in the ruff and tail of Litheon? A third perfect.

Making Terreon smaller than Eevee? Additionally perfect. (Are there any evolutions that are smaller than their predecessor? Because I like the idea.)

Not perfect: Leafeon's eyes. Do they bother anyone else like they bother me?

Leafeon's eyes. Do they bother anyone else like they bother me?

For some reason the white shiny pixel always look like some sort of inverted pupil, so the back-sprite really creeps me out. Why is he staring at me? WHAT DOES HE KNOW? Does he think he's better than me!?

(Are there any evolutions that are smaller than their predecessor? Because I like the idea.)
Bellossom.

Not perfect: Leafeon's eyes. Do they bother anyone else like they bother me?
I like its eyes. Now its...uh, eyebrows/eyelids? Those I dislike, because it makes Leafeon look like it wants to kill me and feed on my viscera.

So we're agreed. Leafeon, AS A SPECIES AND ON THE WHOLE, know all of our secrets, and want to wear our skins.

Which brings up the issue of why a population of sentient animals who can shoot fire and water and... flying from themselves tolerate the rule of a bunch of jerks. But that's a separate thread.

I think they should use the Dawn and Dusk stones to evolve Evee. Dusk stone is rather obviuos, but what would the Dawn stone bring? Hmmmm.....

I think a fighting type would be wierd. Y'know, since Evee is weak to Fighting, and then evelove into it? I don't know.

If there was a flying type Evee evolution I would probably explode from pure happieness. Hahaha.

I think they should use the Dawn and Dusk stones to evolve Evee. Dusk stone is rather obviuos, but what would the Dawn stone bring? Hmmmm.....

I think a fighting type would be wierd. Y'know, since Evee is weak to Fighting, and then evelove into it? I don't know.

If there was a flying type Evee evolution I would probably explode from pure happieness. Hahaha.

They won't do that. They like to keep continuity with eeveelutions, which is why the sun and moon stones were not used to evolve Eevee in the generation the sun stone was introduced in, and why the leaf stone still doesn't evolve it.

A while back I actually came up with level-up move lists, abilities, and base stat distributions for all of the undone types for Eeveelutions.

My choices of abilities is the only thing I feel is worth sharing:

Ghost: Clear Body
Dragon: Pressure
Normal: Adaptability or Magic Guard
Poison: Shadow Tag
Flying: Cloud Nine
Rock: Sand Veil
Ground: Arena Trap
Fighting: Intimidate
Bug: Shield Dust
Steel: Solid Rock

I came up with terrible names which I won't share. I didn't bother to come up with methods of evolution.

Evolutions and Pre-evolutions wanted?

I know there's a thread like this but it's about what pre-evolutions and new evolutions you predict, not what ones you want...

WARNING: THIS POST IS VERY LONG but I'd just like to get people's thoughts and ideas on these things.

It seems like nearly everyone here wants GameFreak to JUST GO NUTS with prevos and evos... AND I AGREE!
I just get the funny feeling that any Pokemon that doesn't evolve isn't complete...(with the obvious exception of Ditto because- well, it's Ditto.)

First off, I want them to get rid of all this annoying breeding with items stuff as the only way to get the baby forms... It's just plain annoying. The baby forms should just be available in the wild so it's up to the player to catch and evolve them (for example, I liked how Budew was in the wild in DPPt instead of having to track down such-and-such Incense and breeding a Roselia to get it). Although, when you're actually breeding them it could still work the same way to keep continuity.

I think they should just completely retcon is all of those Incenses that you have to give to the correct Pokemon to get the Baby form...:disgust: I got the 'Lax Incense' mixed up with the 'Full Incense' when I was trying to get a Munchlax. The suffix 'lax' got me confused! And how easy would it be to mix up the Wave and Sea Incense?!
While those items can still exist, just replace them all with 'Baby Incense':
BABY INCENSE: "A special incense that is said to encourage Pokemon to breed." It could work for getting ALL Baby Pokemon.

My other suggestion (this post might get a bit long...) is a complete reboot of the National Dex, putting all legendaries together at the END of the Dex, and listing all Pokemon by evolutionary family. So Gligar and Gliscor would be right next to eachother and Elekid, Electabuzz and Electivire would be right next to eachother numerically. Of course, they'd be renumbered accordingly. I just get annoyed having to skip 100 or so pages forward to get to the evolution when using the guides' Pokedex.
The second benefit to this, besides simply being easier to organise, is that it would mix all the generations up and reinforce a message of "one big happy Pokemon family!" ...:look: Uh...yeah... Well, I'd like it if they did that.
The regional Dex would have to be the same as they work now, but once the National Dex is unlocked, all the Pokemon are renumbered and what not... (Would you like? Dislike? Thoughts on a National Dex reboot?)

I don't understand people who are worried about over-powered evolutions...Someone said they don't want a Shuckle evolution because it's Defense and Sp. Defense are already high enough. Well, how about, if those stats DON'T increase upon evolution, or even if they go DOWN a little to increase Attack or Sp. Attack?

Okay, you can give your thoughts on that if you want or anything else I've mentioned regarding Dex and breeding...
Anyway, I really think we need these ones! I want them to go nuts with prevos and evos so I’ve listed all the ones I think they should introduce below.
The ones with (?) next to them are the ones whose name's I'm not sure about because I pretty much just made most of them up on the spot. Also don't freak out about them being overpowered; just because they evolve doesn't mean they'll get a HUGE power boost. I know these are a lot, but if they just do all the new pre-evolutions and evolutions in one generation, it'll pretty much just get rid of them all in one swoop so we’ll never have to worry about something being “too strong to begin with” or being “too weak” again.
All of the evolution methods listed here are just made up by me, so...feel free to replace or criticise. The reason there's so many pre-evolutions and evolutions is because I think any Pokemon that doesn't evolve feels like a "filler" one, and isn't party-worthy.
I've hear these suggested before and they all get my vote!

* Rapidash evolution: "Flamadash" (not really necessary, but would be nice.)
REASON: Who doesn't want to see a big Pegasus thing with flames for wings?! :p
OBTAINING METHOD: Level up Rapidash while it's holding "Big Wing"(?) and it evolves into "Flamadash".

* A Farfetch'd evolution: "Farfight" (?)
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted! I like the idea of giving it a Flying/Fighting evolution.
OBTAINING METHOD: Level up Farfetch'd while it's holding the "Big Wing" (?) and it evolves into "Farfight".

* An Onix pre-evolution: "Minix" (?)
REASON: Having a 30 foot serpent start life that way is not plausible. I like the idea of a pre-evolution for it...It could be something just like Onix but with a smaller horn and only 3 to 5 body sections.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Onix the "Baby Incense". To evolve "Minix", level it up to level 10.

* A Lickitung pre-evolution: "Licki" (?)
REASON: There's a Baby Pokemon for Chansey and Jynx. Why is Lickitung missing out? It could fit into that group of pink blobs they've got now quite nicely. Plus, I need something to even out the unimaginativeness of Lickilicky…
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Lickitung/Lickilicky the "Baby Incense." To evolve "Licki", level it up to level 15.

* A Kangaskhan pre-evolution: "Kangaskid" (Thanks to whoever came up with that name!)
REASON: BECAUSE IT'S NEEDED!!! Kangaskhan's sprite has it with a baby in its pouch... even when it just hatched from an Egg!! That baby in the sprite could just be gotten rid of, and introduce a new prevo to take its place. They got rid of the extra Remoraid in Mantine's sprite for a similar reason. This would also be dead easy to do because the design's already done for them.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Kangaskhan the "Baby Incense." To evolve "Kangaskid", level it up to level 15.

* A Scyther pre-evolution: "Cuttor" (?) (While this isn't really necessary, it would just be nice.)
REASON: Not really necessary, but would be nice...Scyther looks a bit too big to hatch from an egg like that.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: "Baby Incense". "Cuttor" evolves at level 16.

* A Jynx evolution: I love that "Pryncice" one! (Not necessary, but would be nice.)
REASON: That "Pryncice" design I saw made me want it...Plus, Electabuzz and Magmar have evolutions too.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Trade Jynx while it's holding the "Queen's Rock"... (Well, we have a KING'S Rock.)

* A pre-evolution that can evolve into Pinsir and Herracross: "Larvir" (?)
REASON: Pinsir and Herracross are sort of similar, so I think a common pre-evolution for both of them would be nice. Also, I really don't like single stage Pokemon as they just feel incomplete. Plus, both of these Pokemon have similar stats and the same base-stat total so they're pretty evenly matched. (An evolution of both of these Pokemon wouldn't be bad either.)
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Pinsir/Herracross the "Baby Incense." Evolves into Pinsir if levelled up in the afternoon and evolves into Herracross if levelled up in the morning. (It doesn't evolve into either one at night.)

* A pre-evolution that can evolve into Tauros and Miltank: "Calfos" (?)
REASON: Tauros is all-male. Miltank is all-female. They have the same base-stat total. They're pretty much set up for a gender based evolution...
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Miltank the "Baby Incense." "Calfos" evolves into Tauros at level 15 if it's male and evolves into Miltank at level 15 if it's female.

* A Lapras pre-evolution and evolution: "Lapri" and "Lochas" (both ?)
REASON: While not necessarily needed, an evolution for Lapras based on the Loch-Ness Monster would be nice. Plus I don't like single stage Pokemon as they feel incomplete.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed a "Lapri": give Lapras/Lochas the "Baby Incense." To evolve Lapras, trade it while it's holding "Queen's Rock."

* A Dragon type (and whatever other type you can think of) evolution for Eevee (not really neccessary but would be nice.)
REASON: Because 7 evolutions just isn't pushing it enough. I hope GameFreak's just about ready to go "Oh, what the hell?" and do the rest of them all at once.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Various.

* A branch-evolution for Porygon2: "Porygon3" (while not necessarily needed, it would be nice.)
REASON: Porygon-Z wasn't great. Plus, going from 2 to 3 is just the natural progression.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: Trade Porygon2 while it's holding "3D Drive" (?).

* An Aerodactyl pre-evolution: "Terractyl" (?)
REASON: I just don't like single stage Pokemon...:-( A cute little baby teradactyl screeching for it's mamma seems like it'd be cute. ;-)
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Take the "Old Amber", which can produce either Pokemon, to the Mining Museum (or wherever). To breed, give Aerodatyl the "Baby Incense." "Terractyl" evolves on level 19.

* A Dragonair branch-evolution: "Dragangel" (while not necessarily needed, it would be nice.)
REASON: Dragonite just seems to 'break' the deal for me...Cute serpent becomes… a sleeker serpent which becomes...a big cartoony European style dragon with goofy feet and tiny wings. \:-|
Plus, THIS: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/131/8/b/Fake_Pokemon__Dragonair_Evo_by_leedom111.png
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Dragonair up while it's holding the "Big Wing." (?)

* A Girafarig pre-evolution and evolution: "Girig" and "Gimegemig" (?)
REASON: I just don't like single stage Pokemon. Plus, I would like a cute little baby giraffe Pokemon :) And an evolution of Girafarig wouldn't go astray, I guess.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed a "Girig": have Girafarig hold "Baby Incense." "Girig" evolves on a high friendship level. Girafarig evolves by leveling up in the "Magi Forest" (?) or something...

* A Dunsparce evolution: "Dunspark"
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted!!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Dusparce evolves into "Dunspark" if it's traded while holding "Hyper Claw."

* A Qwilfish evolution: "Poishark"
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted!!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Qwilfish evolves into "Poishark" if it's leveled up while holding "Poison Fin".

* A Shuckle evolution: "Krukuckle" (?)
REASON: Shuckle is a small turtle-like creature which looks like a worm... A Galopogas turtle-like evolution would be nice. Defense stats would obviously need to go down a little upon evolution (as if they could go up...).
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Shuckle evolves when it's leveled up while holding "Big Shell."

* A Corsola evolution: "Corshokra" (?)
REASON: Corsola's got potential, design wise. As I've said, single stage Pokemon don't feel complete.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level up Corsola on "Coral Beach."

* A Delibird evolution: "Bellabird"
REASON: Needed and wanted. I have seen some very good designs for it.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level up Delibird while it’s holding the "Big Wing."

* A Skarmory pre-evolution and evolution: "Skary" and "Skaragon" (?)
REASON: Very much wanted. Some interesting designs have cropped up and once again, Pokemon in one stage evolution lines are boring.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Skary" breed Skarmory/Skaragon while it’s holding "Baby Incense." To evolve "Skary", level it up to level 20. To evolve Skarmory, level it up while it’s holding the "Big Wing."

* A Stantler evolution: "Reindler" (possibly a pre-evolution: "Stanty" (?))
REASON: Just because, I guess… I saw a good design for it. A pre-evolution would also be nice; a cute little baby reindeer! Awww…This is a good design for an evolution:
http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=Stantelk_by_deidara_fuuka.png
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Stanty": breed Stantler while it’s holding the "Baby Incense." "Stanty" evolves into Stantler on level 15. To evolve Stantler, level it up on "Snow Path." (?)

* A Smeargle evolution: "Paintergle" (?)
REASON: Just because I guess… I saw "Puppalette", which was a good prevo design, but I think Smeargle’s stats can do with a boost. The evolution could learn every move through "Sketch" as well, but would probably also have another signature move.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Smeargle up while it’s holding "Paint Box." (?)

* A Sableye evolution: "Ghosiris" (?)
REASON: Because Sableye’s single stage. I know some people are worried about overpowering the Dark/Ghost combo but I think it's stats would go to the level of Spiritomb…
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Sableye up while it’s holding "Black Cape". (?)

* A Mawile evolution: "Mawsickle" (?)
REASON: ‘Cause Mawile’s single stage.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Mawile up while it’s holding the "Hyper Claw".

* An evolution for Plusle and Minun: "Addamath" and "Minuphys" ("Addamath" derived from "addition" and "math" and "Minuphys" derived from "minus" and "physics".) Also, a pre-evolution for them both: "Nuetun".
REASON: ‘Cause they’re single stage. The evolutions could be done in a similar style to Raichu. It’d have to be done right to work… Not just some lazy evolution, like Lickilicky was.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Nuetun": breed Plusle/Minun while it’s holding the "Baby Incense." If its Defense is higher, "Nuetun" will evolve into Minun at level 16 and if its attack is higher it will evolve into Plusle at level 16. Plusle and Minun both evolve through use of the item "Cyberstone".

* A pre-evolution for Volbeat and Illumise: "Vollum". An evolution for both: "Volbast" and "Illuminase".
REASON: They’re pretty much set up for a gender-based pre-evolution and an evolution would be cool because Bug is a very underdone type.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To get "Vollum": breed Illumise while it’s holding the "Baby Incense." To evolve Volbeat or Illumise, level them up while they’re holding the "Big Wing."

* A Torkoal pre-evolution: "Torko" (?)
REASON: Because...
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: breed Torkoal while it's holding the "Baby Incense." To evolve "Torko", level it up to level 30.

* A Spinda evolution: "Twirlda" (?)
REASON: Spinda's weak; I want every single Pokemon to be battle-worthy because it'll allow peopel to have more variety in their parties! "Twirlda" would be an Ursarang-like evolution.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Spinda up while it's holding "Hyper Claw".

* A Zangoose pre-evolution: "Zanger" (?)
REASON: Because...?
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed Zangoose while it's holding "Baby Incense." "Zanger" evolves on level 16.

* A Seviper pre-evolution: "Viperv" (?)
REASON: Because I want one...Pokemon that don't evolve are boring for a party Pokemon.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed Seviper while it's holding "Baby Incense." "Viperv" evolves on level 16.

* A pre-evolution of both Solrock and Lunatone: "Solosys" (?)
REASON: Because... Pokemon that don't evolve just seem like a gimick.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed Lunatone/Solrock while it's holding "Baby Incense." "Solosys" evolves into Solrock during the day on level 20 and into Lunatone at night on level 20.

* A Castform evolution: "Formsky"
REASON: A weather-based evolution would work.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: (Similar to Wormadam): In the sun: Sun Form "Formsky". In the rain: Rain Water Form "Formsky". In the snow or hail: Snow Cloud Form "Formsky". To make it evolve, give it the "Plasma" and level it up.

* A Kecleon evolution: "Dinokleon"
REASON: Woo! A big dinosaur thing!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level Kecleon up while it's holding the "Hyper Claw".

* A Tropius pre-evolution: "Cocano"
REASON: I've seen some really good designs for this:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/.../RoyalSkull/Gen 5/NewCocano_by_MagesPages.jpg
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: breed Tropius while it's holding the "Baby Incense." "Concano" evolves into Tropius on maxed out happiness level.

* A Chimecho evolution: "Bellachime" (?)
REASON: Chimecho was weak to begin with. Chingling made it a joke.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level up Chimecho while it's holding "Luck Charm" at night.

* An Absol pre-evolution: "Abshee" (?)
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed Absol while it's holding "Baby Incense." "Abshee" evolves into Absol when it levels up at night.

* A Relicanth pre-evolution: "Jewelicath" (?)
REASON: Because...Ralicanth's strong and all, but the fact it doesn't evolve makes it a bit boring (like all Pokemon that don't evolve...)
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed: "Baby Incense." "Jewelicath" evolves when it's leveled up on the ocean.

* A Luvdisc evolution: "Kissabliss" (?)
REASON: Luvdisc feels so gimmicky.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Luvdisc evolves when it's leveled up while holding "Luck Charm."

* A Pachirisu evolution: "Catchiriku" (?)
REASON: Desperately needed and wanted!! Why wasn't there one in the first place?! I like the idea of a flying fox-like evolution.
http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy42/herokeikurono/Fakemons/?action=view&current=gweignhjeag.jpg
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level up Pachirisu while it's holding the "Big Wing."

* A Chatot evolution: "Tunechot" (?)
REASON: Chatot is just...GIMMICKY through and through.
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Level up Chatot while it's holding the "Big Wing."

* A Spiritomb pre-evolution: "Soulomb" (?)
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Obtain at Spirit Tower after 16 people have been greeted on Wireless. "Soulomb" evolves after it is leveled up after another 16 people have been greeted (making the total 32).

* A Carnivine pre-evolution: "Sprouvine"
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Breed Carnivine with the "Baby Incense." "Sprouvine" evolves when it levels up on high happiness.

* A Rotom evolution: "Zapstom"
REASON: Because I want to see one!
OBTAIN/EVOLUTION METHOD: Rotom evolves if you use the "Cyberstone" on it.

Okay, that's it.
Now, excluding the ones that aren't necessary to bring a Pokemon up to an at least 2 stage evolution line, (and any new Eeveelutions) that's about 41 new pre-evolutions and evolutions in total.
If they make just 70 new Pokemon that aren't related to any other old Pokemon, i.e. non cross-generation evolution Pokemon, (70 being the same number as last Gen) then the new Generation would introduce 111 new Pokemon in total.

Now, obviously the evolutionary families of the new pre-evolutions and evolutions would have to be carried over.
New stages listed here (41) + old Pokemon that need to be carried over = 92
Add the 70 completely new ones to that = 162
Add 28 Pokemon from older generations to bring the Regional Dex to 200, the same number as the Hoenn Regional Dex.

New Generation: ~111
Regional Dex: 200

(And I want to COMPLETELY GET RID OF SINGLE STAGE "FILLER" POKEMON!)

Are there any thoughts, agreements/disagreements?
Discuss.

Re: Evolutions and Pre-evolutions wanted?

I just get the funny feeling that any Pokemon that doesn't evolve isn't complete...(with the obvious exception of Ditto because- well, it's Ditto.)

Dude, I agree completely. It's not entirely sensible, because I don't want legendaries to evolve at all, but regular pokemon? My view is that all "families" need at least three members, whether they be stages, or the billion eevees, or the hitmons, or whatever.

I think they should just completely retcon is all of those Incenses that you have to give to the correct Pokemon to get the Baby form...:disgust: I got the 'Lax Incense' mixed up with the 'Full Incense' when I was trying to get a Munchlax. The suffix 'lax' got me confused! And how easy would it be to mix up the Wave and Sea Incense?!
While those items can still exist, just replace them all with 'Baby Incense':
BABY INCENSE: "A special incense that is said to encourage Pokemon to breed." It could work for getting ALL Baby Pokemon.

Again, right with you. I'm sick of GF's reluctance to retcon acquisition methods, because frankly, it's reached the point that if you don't already know the method by which to get a pokemon to breed/evolve correctly, then the odds are good you won't figure it out. This is a disgusting status quo for something that should be completely accessible to children.

My other suggestion (this post might get a bit long...) is a complete reboot of the National Dex, putting all legendaries together at the END of the Dex, and listing all Pokemon by evolutionary family. So Gligar and Gliscor would be right next to eachother and Elekid, Electabuzz and Electivire would be right next to eachother numerically. Of course, they'd be renumbered accordingly. I just get annoyed having to skip 100 or so pages forward to get to the evolution when using the guides' Pokedex.

I made this suggestion in another thread. You are either copying me, or you are me. I'm not willing to rule out either possibility.

* A Farfetch'd evolution: "Farfight"

Great name.

* A Kangaskhan pre-evolution: "Kangaskid"

And add a male Kangaskhan that's more demure and subservient, a la the angler fish (but less gross).

* A Dragonair branch-evolution: "Dragangel" (while not necessarily needed, it would be nice.)
REASON: Dragonite just seems to 'break' the deal for me...Cute serpent becomes… a sleeker serpent which becomes...a big cartoony European style dragon with goofy feet and tiny wings. \:-|

I dig it.

* A Girafarig pre-evolution and evolution: "Girig" and "Gimegemig" (?)
REASON: I just don't like single stage Pokemon. Plus, I would like a cute little baby giraffe Pokemon :) And an evolution of Girafarig wouldn't go astray, I guess.

If there ever is a Girafarig evo, then it needs to be Psychic/Normal instead of Normal/Psychic, and the dark half needs to be the newly-dominant one.

* A Corsola evolution: "Corshokra" (?)

Yes, but you actually meant to type "Correef."

* A Zangoose pre-evolution: "Zanger" (?)
* A Seviper pre-evolution: "Viperv" (?)

No, on the name Viperv (COME ON, MAN.) Yes on the babies. Idea I had: they are adorable and really like each other, making their eventual evolutions a tragic story.

I think These are the evolutions/pre-evolutions that we should have.

* An Onix pre-evolution: "Minix" (?)
REASON: Having a 30 foot serpent start life that way is not plausible. I like the idea of a pre-evolution for it...It could be something just like Onix but with a smaller horn and only 3 to 5 body sections.
OBTAINING/EVOLUTION METHOD: To breed: give Onix the "Baby Incense". To evolve "Minix", level it up to level 10.

I was thinking about this the other day. I noticed how he's initially Rock/Ground, then his texture becomes harder and he goes Steel/Ground. Maybe make the first one Normal/Ground, or simply Ground and make it a basic, Dratini-Sized (About Four Feet), Serpent Made of Sand, with a small horn.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom