• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Facility Speculation

I think we're getting a Pokemon World Tournament 2.0.

Masuda already said the BF isn't interesting for modern fans, but he hasn't said the same for the PWT.
As much as i really enjoyed playing through the pwt on my white 2, i don't think it can be brought back in Sun&Moon. It worked fine for BW2 since they already had the Sinnoh and Kanto/Johto gym leader sprites from d/p/pt and hgss(respectively). All they needed was to rework on the hoenn gym leaders. In Sun&Moon, however, they would need to rework on the kanto, johto, sinnoh AND unova gym leaders(they already have the kalos and hoenn gym leaders models from xy and oras).

Another battle tower of sorts would be great though I would prefer an online tournament. You can join it at anytime and awarded BP. It would be more engaging with community than NPCs.

I would prefer an online tournament. You can join it at anytime and awarded BP. It would be more engaging with community than NPCs.
They do those already, just without the BP earning. The Battle Spot is your place. Admittedly, it's not a tournament format, but still.

IMO I think facilities should be more about battling in ways that aren't like the main game.

~ Inverse battle facility
~ Mega Evolution only battle facility where you can use multiple mega evolutions
~ Triple battle facility

No more Maison...
tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

I swear if they cut and paste it in another game...
It can be there, but not as the main facility. Have it as a shout-out to Kalos or something.

Me, I'd like a facility that has a bit from each of the previous Gens, like a PWT area, a Pokeathlon area, etc. You know, have a little bit for everyone. And Ribbons. It needs lots and lots of Ribbons that your Pokemon can earn. Because I'm totally all about the Ribbons and making my Pokemon look like a decorated general. :LOL:

Then it is not a feature I would prefer.
Think about it this way. Would you, as a game developer, want an exploitable tournament setting that can earn BP easily just by playing deliberately with other 3DS systems with crap teams compared to yours? That's some BM fishing right there. So, no, battles vs. other players don't yield BP - at least, I don't think the Battle Spot can yield BP for the players after a competition ends...

Still, though, I have to ask. Why do you not want to do the Battle Spot? Are you just wanting to face other players, or earn BP easily? If it's the latter, then just get a Pokémon Bank subscription and leave tons of mons in there. It's slow but I got over 500 BP with it, lol

Going to bypass your first paragraph since the answer should be obvious (i.e. establish restrictions).

To answer your first question, I have no gripes against the Battle Spot feature since I don't use it. Second, both, an online option for a Battle Tower-esque facility where you earn BP against other players. Exploitable or not. You would earn the same amount of BP, the only difference is you are playing against human players not a computer.

Last edited:
Going to bypass your first paragraph since the answer should be obvious (i.e. establish restrictions).
Outline what you'd propose, then.

To answer your first question, I have no gripes against the Battle Spot feature since I don't use it. Second, both, an online option for a Battle Tower-esque facility where you earn BP against other players. Exploitable or not. You would earn the same amount of BP, the only difference is you are playing against human players not a computer.
What would the purpose of that even be, aside from adding players into the mix? Do you really need to face human players for the battle facilities to be engaging? Is BP not hard enough for a player to earn?
Also, what of people who deliberately ragequit on you by turning their 3DS off? What happens to your winning streak?

Seriously, I don't get your logic. Random battles aren't that hard to get into, so I don't get why you need for it to be a battle facility just to be able to battle other players.

I actually liked the maison a lot and I liked how you gained access to it very early on. I don't need the exact thing again, but something very similar would be great.

What would the purpose of that even be, aside from adding players into the mix? Do you really need to face human players for the battle facilities to be engaging? Is BP not hard enough for a player to earn?

It's not about it not being hard enough, it's just more fun when you battle actual players, imo. It's more diverse and it's more exciting and fun knowing you battle actual people instead of a computer.
Also, what of people who deliberately ragequit on you by turning their 3DS off? What happens to your winning streak?

The same that happens when someone ragequits in Battlespot competitions: the one that doesn't ragequit wins the battle.
Seriously, I don't get your logic. Random battles aren't that hard to get into, so I don't get why you need for it to be a battle facility just to be able to battle other players.

Because battling in Battlespot doesn't earn you anything and getting BP while battling the same non-human trainers over and over again gets boring after a while. So battling human players while earning BP could be a good combi for those that prefer that.

The very least I ask, then, is that they put less emphasis on winning streaks - or separate the singleplayer streak from the multiplayer streak. Nobody will earn those rare berries unless they're really committed, and we don't need the top tier teams forcing us even further away from them.

If they were to implement this battle facility for others I can already hear the complaints about seeing the same teams/Pokemon over and over again. Welcome to Mega Kangaskhan: The Battle Facility! Enjoy your stay! :p

If they were to implement this battle facility for others I can already hear the complaints about seeing the same teams/Pokemon over and over again. Welcome to Mega Kangaskhan: The Battle Facility! Enjoy your stay! :p

Well that is a legit concern, but it's the same in the BattleSpot. If it was in a facility, you'd at least get BP for beating the monster that is Mega Kangaskhan ;)

If they'd actually do this however, I do think they should make it an option, so you can choose between fighting non-human players and human players. That way everyone can do what they prefer.

Outline what you'd propose, then.

Its not a separate battle facility, just an online option against human players. Maybe I didn't properly phrase that. Sorry. Besides, the developers might not implement the feature like they did in ORAS. What I don't understand is your logic. Can't someone post an idea without being belittled on every facet? Its a concept, an abstract idea. Your taking a video game that is still in development a bit seriously so I conclude this discussion before it escalates.

Last edited:
Besides, the developers might not implement the feature like they did in ORAS.
If you're talking about the Battle Spot, like hell will they get rid of that after its introduction back in XY - the VGC's an important part of selling their game to the competitive demographic.

Maybe I didn't properly phrase that. Sorry.
I only assumed because there's very few places outside of them where you can earn BP.

Can't someone post an idea without being belittled on every facet? Its a concept, an abstract idea. Your taking a video game that is still in development a bit seriously so I conclude this discussion before it escalates.
Sure, that's fair enough, but I guess I'm just the one who believes he's rooted in reality. Am I not allowed to criticise the idea and bring up problems? Some of which are legitimate concerns, mind you. I guess nobody really gets my message when I do that, but essentially I want people to cover all their bases when coming up with a serious idea.

If you're talking about the Battle Spot, like hell will they get rid of that after its introduction back in XY - the VGC's an important part of selling their game to the competitive demographic.

I only assumed because there's very few places outside of them where you can earn BP.

Sure, that's fair enough, but I guess I'm just the one who believes he's rooted in reality. Am I not allowed to criticise the idea and bring up problems? Some of which are legitimate concerns, mind you. I guess nobody really gets my message when I do that, but essentially I want people to cover all their bases when coming up with a serious idea.
No, not the Battle Spot, I meant the Battle Frontier that they removed.

Criticism isn't the problem, the way you deliver it is a bit antagonistic, which could be misinterpreted as belittling than constructive. Anyways, the developers have mentioned they want to slow down and backpedal on the series. It would be refreshing to have a simplistic game again. I just hope they don't take out too much. There are some feature that could be reworked or combined with others instead of being scrapped. If they could do something on par with the PWT and Battle Chateau that would be fantastic. If not, and they plan to do an overhaul of everything, I dread the response of the old fanbase. Gamers nowadays go ballistic for the littlest things.

Criticism isn't the problem, the way you deliver it is a bit antagonistic, which could be misinterpreted as belittling than constructive.
I'm only gonna question what you mean by "antagonistic". If it was my "I don't get your logic" point above, then sure, take it as you will. I just want to know where you're coming from so that we're even.

I really do have to ask why you're proposing the idea in the first place while they both exist separately already. And what drive would you need to have a mode that combines the two? Sure, earning BP would be pretty cool to do in random battles and whatnot, but personally, it's a feature I can live without. As I said above, you'd need to put less emphasis on winning streaks just so you don't have impossible odds stacked against you earning the rare items for 100 and 200 wins, lest you want players to ragequit and throw their 3DS at the wall trying to earn them amongst all the Mega Kangaskhan...

I will admit right now, maybe I would've taken it better had you mentioned you wanted to combine BP earning with random battles, but to me it sounded like you didn't acknowledge the existence of the Battle Spot at all. That might be part of the reason why I question it rather than accept it as a cool idea. And this, too. I kinda have a problem with doing that.

Gamers nowadays go ballistic for the littlest things.
Take that one thread as a prime example...

Last edited:
I'm only gonna question what you mean by "antagonistic". If it was my "I don't get your logic" point above, then sure, take it as you will.
I really do have to ask why you're proposing the idea in the first place while they both exist separately already. And what drive would you need to have a mode that combines the two? Sure, earning BP would be pretty cool to do in random battles and whatnot, but personally, it's a feature I can live without. As I said above, you'd need to put less emphasis on winning streaks just so you don't have impossible odds stacked against you earning the rare items for 100 and 200 wins, lest you want players to ragequit and throw their 3DS at the wall trying to earn them amongst all the Mega Kangaskhan...

I will admit right now, maybe I would've taken it better had you mentioned you wanted to combine BP earning with random battles, but to me it sounded like you didn't acknowledge the existence of the Battle Spot at all. That might be part of the reason why I question it rather than accept it as a cool idea. And this, too. I kinda have a problem with doing that.

Take that one thread as a prime example...
For a personal preference, the tone of your third analysis onward were a of bit aggression before that quote, which I assume for further mockery. Criticism is more than finding a fault, its also providing a solution or new angle. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the way you approach my suggestion is not encouraging. You could brush it off as being overly sensitive, but that would be contradictory to your previous statement.

Let us all not forget, this is a video game. Its not detrimental to everyday living unless you're on the GameFreak's development team taking feedback from the fanbase. Most people including myself see it as another pastime or means of relaxation. My speculation/suggestion was to have an online option for the next Battle Tower-esque facility. Until S/M is released and its contents revealed, we don't know if even a quarter of theses speculations are made reality. We can only hope. Quashing that hope is rude without suggesting your own spin on the idea that might rectify it. A "no it can't/won't be implemented because of BLANK reason" is more of a declaration than a critique.

Isn't the series meant to be fun? The creator said that is the goal in many interviews. Its a pseudo-Earth he wants the player to enjoy with their super animals. GameFreak has added silly and sometimes broken features to later replace them next generation. A video game is meant to be virtual playground, both for the players and the developer. There is no need to dissect a minor thing to this extent. Just take it as presented unless its too abstract therefore needs clarification. Hopefully, fun doesn't need a logically explanation.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom