• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Facility Speculation

Okay then, that's understandable. I wasn't intending to mock you in any way, I just wanted to know what your problems were with the current modes that we do have, because I personally don't know what BP incentives would even add to random battling. It doesn't seem like it'd do that much to really change or shake up the formula.

Just hope that they don't make it the only way to earn BP in Sun & Moon... That would be terrible.

Quashing that hope is rude without suggesting your own spin on the idea that might rectify it. A "no it can't/won't be implemented because of BLANK reason" is more of a declaration than a critique.
I will admit, I do this a lot. I'm trying not to make excuses here, but me acting like that is the result of years of talk about the future of Nintendo video games and how outlandish the ideas of one of my Skype contacts is. I've grown rather adverse to that sort of thing.

As for your other point, though... I don't have a suggestion on what could replace your suggestion because, IMO, it's not needed. Maybe I'm just being lazy to implement the solutions myself, though.

There is no need to dissect a minor thing to this extent.
Trust me, we've already been doing tons of that. Don't even deny it, Sun & Moon's reveal came with very little to go by.

Hopefully, fun doesn't need a logically explanation.
Then I'll go ahead and say I'm no fun. I'm a terrible human being,

On the note of online battle facilities... Didn't one of the DS generations have that at one point in the Battle Tower section for a partner to join you in Multi Battle? Or am I remembering this wrong?

Okay then, that's understandable. I wasn't intending to mock you in any way, I just wanted to know what your problems were with the current modes that we do have, because I personally don't know what BP incentives would even add to random battling. It doesn't seem like it'd do that much to really change or shake up the formula.

Just hope that they don't make it the only way to earn BP in Sun & Moon... That would be terrible.

I will admit, I do this a lot. I'm trying not to make excuses here, but me acting like that is the result of years of talk about the future of Nintendo video games and how outlandish the ideas of one of my Skype contacts is. I've grown rather adverse to that sort of thing.

As for your other point, though... I don't have a suggestion on what could replace your suggestion because, IMO, it's not needed. Maybe I'm just being lazy to implement the solutions myself, though.

Trust me, we've already been doing tons of that. Don't even deny it, Sun & Moon's reveal came with very little to go by.

Then I'll go ahead and say I'm no fun. I'm a terrible human being,

On the note of online battle facilities... Didn't one of the DS generations have that at one point in the Battle Tower section for a partner to join you in Multi Battle? Or am I remembering this wrong?
Probably in DPPt though the developers were experimenting with online capabilities. It might have been local only.

To be honest, that entry is a blur to me. When the time comes for a DPPt revamp, they need to do a major overhaul on its storytelling, lore, and some locations. A lot of its exposition seemed vague to me. Cyrus wasn't even fleshed out nor the reason for his drive to become a god unless I forgot.

Last edited:
I... think in Platinum it's elaborated upon... slightly? The only thing I do remember is that he decides to remain in the Distortion World for whatever reason. But I digress.
You may be right. I know that local Multi Battle partners are able to be done, that's been a thing in every battle facility since Gen IV at the very least. I seem to remember being upset about it back in XY's release, so I think it may be Generation V that had online Multi Battle in the Subway.

I... think in Platinum it's elaborated upon... slightly? The only thing I do remember is that he decides to remain in the Distortion World for whatever reason. But I digress.
You may be right. I know that local Multi Battle partners are able to be done, that's been a thing in every battle facility since Gen IV at the very least. I seem to remember being upset about it back in XY's release, so I think it may be Generation V that had online Multi Battle in the Subway.
Now that I think about it, there might have been translation errors or heavy editing for the NA version of DPPt... As for the Battle Subway, I think multi-battles were local only while wi-fi is online only. I don't know exactly.

About my last post, yeah i was thinking of the Battle Chateau rather than the Battle maison, whoops! But I liked the Chateau a lot, it would be cool to see it return maybe replacing the battle maison in the post game (but a little more difficult and with Battle Points), with a chance to see gym leaders from other regions and battle them.

A post game facility I actually liked was the White Treehollow from White 2 (and the Black 2 counterpart, Black tower, I think they worked the same way). Something like that again might be cool.

A post game facility I actually liked was the White Treehollow from White 2 (and the Black 2 counterpart, Black tower, I think they worked the same way). Something like that again might be cool.
Yeah, I'd like something like that to return as well. The more variety in the battling facilities, the better. That way, almost everyone can find one they like or at least tolerate.

Yeah, I'd like something like that to return as well. The more variety in the battling facilities, the better. That way, almost everyone can find one they like or at least tolerate.

Definitely. I know this is asking for much, but this is why i feel they should add at least 3-4 post-E4 facilities that would each appeal to different kinds of players.... One could be focused on competitive battling (something like the PWT but with different levels), one puzzle/battling combined (like the Black Tower), one could focus on "fun" or "different" kinds of battles (we have a LOT now: double, triple, rotation, inverse, sky, and I have no doubt we'll get more), and one could be non-battle related completely (like contests) and focus on something else.

Wonder what will happen if we got the Battle Maison for the third time in a row? However I expect a more original battle facility.

Wonder what will happen if we got the Battle Maison for the third time in a row? However I expect a more original battle facility.
I think if we got the Battle Maison again, there might be a few riots on the internet. Just a few. A few small ones. (Who am I kidding--it will be chaos on an epic scale. Unicron showing up and eating the planet would have less fanfare.)

We can have the Maison but let's not make it the main battling facility. Let's bring in a few more options; that way we'll make almost everyone happy. And hey, more facilities means the chances of more Ribbons; that would make me happy.

We can have the Maison but let's not make it the main battling facility.
I feel like that's not gonna be the case because the Maison has such standard options. It's basically the Battle Tower equivalent, and as a result it'd most likely be the centrepiece - the place where most Trainers will go in a multi-battle facility.

That being said, the Battle Tower IS said to be the replacement for the Maison in Oras... So if they're going balls-out, then hopefully it's with something akin to that.

I still like the notion that a "facility you wouldn't believe!" implies it may be something non-battle-related. We've had battle facilities for five generations running, a Gen 7 battle facility is almost a given.

Or, alternately, imagine our surprise if it turns out to be a Pokemon Snap -like facility.

I want a proper Battle Frontier with variety. The last couple generations (aside from BW2, sorta) have been really kind of disappointing and lacking. Needless to say, I am disappointed by Masuda's comment. Battle Frontiers make the post-end game so much more interesting. The last few games have really been lacking on that.

I think variety is the most important thing people want from a new facility. I want places with more unique battle styles like Pokestar Studios or Inverse Battles.

I'm more interested in a way to get experience for my pokemon by battling tough trainers. The pokemon in the Maison didn't give out exp, if I recall.

Why would Masuda think the Frontier wouldn't be interesting to modern players? It was the best part about Emerald! Just combine the Frontiers from Emerald and Gen IV, add some innovative facilities and cut out the less popular ones. There, you can have the best Battle Frontier.

Why would Masuda think the Frontier wouldn't be interesting to modern players?
Only because he seems to think we're all casuals with too much time spent on our mobile devices. It's not that he's entirely wrong, either, and just to bring up an example of this, have you seen the top downloaded apps since Miitomo's release?

Only because he seems to think we're all casuals with too much time spent on our mobile devices. It's not that he's entirely wrong, either, and just to bring up an example of this, have you seen the top downloaded apps since Miitomo's release?
What many fail to realize though, (I'm not saying you, I'm referring more to the developers @ Gamefreak), is that having a top downloaded app on iTunes doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially since an app like Miitomo is free2play. I for one downloaded the app along with many of my friends, but we deleted it two days later because it 1) ate our phone's battery life even on power saver mode & 2) wasn't really that fun to use. So even though my friends and I might be part of some statistic that helps show the app is successful in gaining a # of downloads, we really are a part of the % that developers seem to not care about with these apps: those who download but then delete shortly after. They will not be making money off of me since I deleted, so some of their statistics are flawed in my opinion.

Back on topic though! Maybe Masada could stop acting like we don't want extra features and facilities by properly integrating some of the quality that was introduced in pre-gen 6 games into this current gen. See the reception for it, and then base the decision on future games based off of that. Blindly assuming we won't want it is just confusing to me, it's almost as if he won't take other options into consideration and has a team of "yes" people around him...

Masuda can't just say we're too lazy to put in the effort to make the battle frontier or our budget doesn't allow for that so he puts out some nonsense about people not liking it.

some of their statistics are flawed in my opinion.
I guess that's true in the case of Miitomo itself. I probably should have thought about it in the broader scale, where we have a ton of social media apps outside of freemium games - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Line, that sort of thing. Heck, we can access even stuff like YouTube with a touch in the palm of our hands. I only used Miitomo as an example since, well, it's recent and many are having stupid fun making memes out of it.

I'll personally just be waiting to see what their facility is announced to be, because our wildest dream would probably be a "best-of" kind of situation for the anniversary, maybe incorporating the best of both Battle Frontiers + the PWT in one.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom