• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: New Fic Idea

Catz

Goodnight Everybody!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
So I've been conceptualizing a potential story idea recently, a Juliana x Nemona fanfiction to be precise. I haven't gotten very far since the idea got in my head, but I do have a working title called A Battle to Remember. I just think some discussion with fellow authors would give me a new perspective and where to start, especially after reading the thread here on fanfiction cliches.

Feel free to ask any questions and I can try to answer them the best I can

hi im not a huge writer myself but i AM however a huge julinemo fan so i'd be happy to listen and give suggestions when it comes to more basic ideas for it if needed!

the most standard questions i'd have to plan stuff like this is even aside from the general plot where does it coincide with the timeline of the game, is it during the events of the game or after it? i think especially with how newly juliana and nemona had met each other in the games it's a very key factor to how their relationship is portrayed. i think especially if you're centering it around a specific battle or just their rivalry in general(not sure if this is the case, but just going based on title), there's a lot of room to delve into their emotions rather than focusing on more of the action. their rivalry is extremely important to both of them for different reasons, and is integral to the pairing.

also maybe this is just my reader brain speaking rather than a writer brain, but i know personally regarding cliches i actually really enjoy cheesy love stories with cliches as long as they're not too overboard, yk?

dunno if any of this is rly insightful since it's less from an authors perspective and more from the perspective of someone who would read something like this, but i hope it was at least a little bit helpful

Thanks for responding!

To answer your questions as best as possible, first, I believe I'm gonna have their story and relationship flesh coincide with the game's timeline; I just think it makes the most sense to me in my opinion. Second, I'm not the biggest rivals to lovers type, but I'm willing to make an exception because of Nemona's personality, so I'll give it a try that way. It'll also just expand my experience with writing new types of fics, so I suppose that's a plus. (so to answer your question in short, it would be centered around their rivalry in general lmao.)

Overall though, you are helping a bit with how I wanna structure it, so thanks for stopping by and assisting ♥️

Finally got around to making a sort of small description of the story after procrastinating for an entire day lmao. Please provide criticism on this and potential changes if you wish, since I think this sounds cringy but maybe that's just me?:

"I don't know what it is, but when I'm with her, I change."

Juliana has always yearned for adventure, something new, and when she moves to the Paldea Region, she hopes she can finally achieve that somehow. Enrolled in the prestigious Uva Academy, she leaves an impression on many with her eccentric personality and battling skills. But there was one trainer who caught her eye beyond anyone else. And her name was Nemona.

Are you planning on making it a longfic, or a oneshot? Both formats have advantages and disadvantages, and deciding how long a fic is going to be and how it's going to be formatted can help narrow down the scope.

Most likely a longfic, since condensing it into a oneshot may have some difficulties

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom