1. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
  2. Here we go again! A new episode of Bulbanews Weekly Roundup can be found on YouTube here.
  3. In case you missed the live streaming of our post E3 Bulbacast episode earlier, you can now watch it on YouTube here.

New Fizz City: The Metropolitan Zone

Discussion in 'Fizzy Bubbles' started by Maskerade, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    Biggggg5:

Reading the crewman’s description, you lose all will to remain aboard the S.S. Fortune any longer. You have what you need – the diary – to prove Sean wrong, and that’s really all that matters. It doesn’t mean you won’t come back to settle the score with Dhelmise, but you decide now is not the time for that battle.

Leaving the room and the locked wardrobe behind, you look to make your back out of the ship and towards the beach. Stepping out of the chamber and back into the hall, nothing seems to happen other than Vegeta’s mood being so heavy it feels like it could sink this half of the ship. Still, despite the apparent tranquillity, you can’t quite dismiss the idea that Dhelmise might jump you at any moment…

Azurill takes the lead, clearly having grown comfortable around you and encouraged by having actively contributed to your success – after all, if it wasn’t for the little critter, you might not have found the diary to begin with. He hops his way back to the dining hall with the broken piano, the first room you discovered back when you first entered the ship, and you follow hastily. However, as you approach the edge of the water to exit the wreckage…

Doooon…

Emerging from the depths, a liquid form crawls onto the wooden, blue and covered in strange algae. It grows and gains form, revealing itself to be an East Gastrodon, eyes glazed over as its mind is controlled by the seaweed that covers it! You realize Dhelmise must have corrupted the creature to do its bidding, sending it to fetch a meal…

Without warning, Gastrodon slams its head against Azurill, sending it flying across the room. There seems to be no reasoning with the creature… what will you do?

2. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Big scratches his head at the somewhat awkward silence as they make the short trek back to the opening. He can’t tell what is making his gut more uneasy, the looming incredibly dangerous anchor Pokémon that might attack at any moment, or the fact he had to deny this challenge to Vegeta after bringing him out for it. He is left to his thoughts but glances down at the little azurill plodding alongside him. He smiles slightly at the little Pokémon. I wonder if asking it to come along now might be a good idea. He thinks to himself and just as he is about to open his mouth to say something he hears the low cry gurgling from the water they needed to enter. The Pokémon collectively take a few steps back as a east gastrodon slides out of the water to challenge them. Big’s eyes quickly identify the seaweed on its face and he calls out to his Pokémon. “Mysteria is that what I think it is?” The ghost Pokémon scratches her chin. “It looks like it. Obviously more simple but it’s the same idea as the Gigalith. Shoddy craftsmanship though.” She comments. Big nods and gives a grin. “Vege-“ He is cut off by the Gastrodon smashing into the Azurill and knocking the young Pokémon across the room. The smile is gone from Big’s face. “Vegeta this one is all yours.” The smile is found again on the grass Pokémon’s face as it smashes one paw into the other. “Finally. This pathetic blob will fall before my might.” Big nods. “It has the size and probably raw experience advantage given it’s evolved. But your typing should balance that.” Big says. “Let’s start out big with as many seed bombs you can throw at it!” Big calls and the grass energy pools into Vegeta’s paws, ready to throw. Big looks back at the rest of the Pokémon. “Keep the azurill safe if it tries to go after the little guy again!”

3. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    Biggggg5:

There is no avoiding this fight, as the only escape route is directly behind the possessed Gastrodon. Relishing the opportunity, your Chespin steps forward ready to rumble, all the more incensed after having been denied the opportunity to face the ultimate foe. The lowly slug would have to do.

Azurill, meanwhile, has regained his senses and is - contrary to what your Pokemon seem to have expected – much more angry than he is scared. The Gastrodon’s dismissive headbutt must have hurt Azurill’s body, but it seems to have done much more damage to little critter’s pride; determined to return to Sean a hero rather than a loser, the hatchling hops furiously on his tail, ready to get some retribution despite the obvious difference in power. Your Pokemon look at you puzzled and concerned – you ordered them to keep Gastrodon away from Azurill, but the issue seems to be the other way around!

Vegeta, meanwhile, gathers energy around his body in the shape of orbs. Once his power level is over a certain threshold, he might effectively fire off Seed Bombs with the quickness of Bullet Seeds, but right now unleashing consecutive Bombs takes considerable effort. Fortunately he is fighting an actual snail, so he can afford the minor delay in setup; the Gastrodon slowly slithers towards Vegeta, looking to Body Slam him, but by the time it’s close enough the Chespin unleashes a barrage of Seed Bombs, one after another exploding painfully on impact and forcefully pushing the foe back.

Dazed and severely damaged, Gastrodon reassesses the situation and changes its approach – arching its head back, it spits out a wave of Mud that strikes Vegeta on the face like a Slap, drastically lowering his visibility as he struggles to wipe away the dirt from his eyes. Taking advantage of the opening, Gastrodon vomits a blob of Sludge against Vegeta which, despite fortunately not poisoning him, still leaves quite a dent on the Grass-Type…

What will you do next?

4. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Big's eyes remain locked intensely on the Gastrodon, focused on any advantage he might find as Vegeta leaps into action. While the grass type doesn't yet have a wide variety of moves to choose from, he has the one he really needs. "Dakadakadaka!" He shouts as he launches the seed bombs at the Gastrodon, blowing it back from where it tried to close in the body slam the chespin. Big pumps his arms at the hit when he is momentarily distracted by a commotion over with the Azurill. Using its tail it bounces over Big's pokemon's heads and lands next to Vegeta, who in the distraction had taken the mud slap and sludge attacks, "What are you doing over here Blue Balls? This is my fight!" Vegeta grunts angrily. The Azurill simply ignores Vegeta and looks to Big. Big is slightly confused and similarly impressed, this wasn't the timid little pokemon that they had initially encountered. But he nods. "Ok, I think I get it. Start off by seeing if a water gun will help Vegeta wash off that mud out of his eyes. And then..." He takes a second to remember what an Azurill of this one's strength would be likely to know. "Then do a tail whip, Vegeta is gonna do the heavy lifting, you are gonna have to support for now, your offensive moves won't do much." The Azurill nods and shifts its feet, almost into a stance as it gets ready to act. "Vegeta, see if you can get in with a Power-up Punch. Then use that attack boost for another seed bomb to put some distance back between you." The Chespin continues to glare at the shorter blue pokemon but drops into his stance as well.

5. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    Biggggg5:

Still unsure whether your diminutive ally is an extra help or hindrance in this fight, you are determined to work with what you have.

As it turns out, you’re pretty good at making do, because Azurill’s back-up proves invaluable indeed: the Water Gun removes all traces of mud from Vegeta’s face, allowing the Chespin to regain some much-needed visibility! And at the same time, it might also have provided you with a clue regarding Gastrodon’s Ability…

Eyesight renewed, Vegeta boldly steps forward, brimming with confidence that he can and will topple the pathetic slug. After all, he doesn’t just believe his own hype; he is the hype.

Charging forward, the Grass-Type channels energy into his right fist at the same time as Azurill snaps his tail like a whip, startling the water snail. Taking advantage of the opening, Vegeta strikes, driving his fist into the foe… only to find it’s like hitting jelly! The forward momentum causes his hand to pierce the watery substance that is Gastrodon’s body, but for some reason the closed fist bumps into something solid within, like an undigested rock…

Unfortunately for Vegeta, despite the power increase from the mighty punch, he has positioned himself dangerously close to Gastrodon, and now that he is in range, the enemy once again attempts what it had already tried once… only this time, the Body Slam is entirely successful! Gastrodon rises above Vegeta like a tidal wave and comes crashing down, engulfing the Grass-Type and trapping him beneath its larger frame. Vegeta is trapped!

You have to act fast before your partner runs out of breath underneath all that slug slime… what will you do?!

6. King Ghidorah!

King Ghidorah! New Member

Blog Posts:

They weren’t kidding when they told Hugo you could feel the buzz in the air. The intensity from the Power Plant surged around Hugo as he approached. It made Hugo excited and anxious, his body taking in the freefloating energy. He felt as if he could explode at any minute.

But this wasn’t totally out of Hugo’s wheelhouse. Long ago, his grandfather worked as a mechanic at a Power Plant. Hugo remembered his grandfather coming home from work, exhausted from a day of hard labor and covered with grease from the machinery. Hugo missed his grandfather, so when he decided to venture into New Fizz City, he chose to start at the Power Plant because he felt like, in a way, it might make him feel close to his grandfather.

Hugo shook his head to shake off the tears welling up in his eyes. “Hold it together,” he thought. “What would he think of you if he saw you like this? He’d tell you getting emotional isn’t going to get you anywhere and to man up. He’s dead and crying is not going to bring him back. This is your life now, so go and live it.”

And Hugo knew that was true. He had put this off long enough and it was time to finally make it happen. As he approached the plant, the humming got louder and louder. It helped Hugo block out some of his own internal monologue. Who knew what was going to meet him inside?

7. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

New Fizz City’s Power Plant is renowned for its reliability, having provided electricity to the metropolis and its surround areas for over half a century without a single recorded outage in its prestigious history.

Which makes it all the more peculiar when, as soon as you step inside, a booming voice shouts at a poor sod who passes you by running with a distressed look.

“YOU’RE FIRED! GET LOST!!”

After the first one, three more people rush by you, leaving the Plant in a hurry, leaving you even more confused. If this Plant is so successful, why does the atmosphere feel so oppressive?....

“THE HELL DO YOU WANT? HERE TO MOCK ME?!”

It takes you a couple of seconds to realize the question is directed at you. Up ahead is a burly man in his sixties, with a yellow jumpsuit and goggles atop his head, an impressive white moustache and a very red, angry-looking face.

“ARE YOU A GODDAMN REPORTER? I GOT NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU! EVERYTHING IS FINE AND DANDY, SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS,” he continues to yell. You have to wonder if that is the only tone of voice he can use anymore. “WE HAVEN’T HAD AN OUTAGE IN FIFTY YEARS, AND WE AIN’T HAVING ONE NOW! PUT THAT IN YOUR FILTHY NEWSPAPER!”

Despite the man’s claims, it is abundantly obvious that something is very wrong with the Power Plant. So, before the man has a stroke, you should probably either leave or try to clarify the situation…

8. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    Hugo stood staring at the man, a bit gob smacked. So much rage. So much anger. So much mustache. Hugo certainly wasn’t a reporter, but the fact that this man doth protest too much signaled to Hugo that there must be a juicy story here. Perhaps he could help. Or perhaps, Hugo thought in the back of his mind, he could use it to his own advantage. If there was an issue big enough to put the plant’s reputation at stake and he knew about it, well, that certainly must be worth something to somebody, right? Can’t pass up an opportunity like this one.

Hugo realized the man was still staring at him, seething with fury.

“I uh…look, I’m sorry,” Hugo said. “My name is Hugo and I’m not with any paper. I’m not even a journalist. I’m just a Pokemon trainer. I just happened to be passing through. I h-…I had heard about the sterling legacy of the power plant here and I wanted to see the prestigious facility for myself. My uh…my grandfather used to work at a plant much like this, you see. So I suppose you could say the buzz is in my blood.”

While all of what Hugo was saying was true…to an extent…he hoped that the man couldn’t detect the nefariousness in his voice.

“In fact, he taught me a bit of what he knew. Repairing things and whatnot. I’m certainly not an expert by any means, but perhaps I could give you a hand. If there is a problem, that is.”

Hugo cocked his eyebrow slightly and met the man’s gaze, hoping that his plan had worked.

9. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

The man’s nostrils open and close like hatches beneath the manly moustache as he listens to your explanation. When you’re done, his breathing seems to slow down ever-so-slightly, and the red hue of his skin softens somewhat.

“HAH! AS IF THIS POWER PLANT NEEDS REPAIRS,” he shouts. Or rather, you’re pretty sure this is regular tone of voice. “WHOEVER GAVE YOU THAT IDEA?!”

“It kinda does, Bud,” says someone behind him nonchalantly. “I mean, boss.”

Another man appears behind the living loudspeaker, slightly younger than him – probably in his late fifties – with gray hair kept very short, light blue eyes and a wrinkled, tired expression. He wears the same uniform as Jared, minus the goggles, and stands behind his ever-angry boss while giving you a hand wave.

“Heya. Name’s Terrence. Don’t mind this stubborn old guy… we absolutely need a handyman right now,” he says, masterfully ignoring the storming fury welling up inside his companion. “He won’t admit it, but we’ve been closer to a full blackout just yesterday than we’ve ever been in fifty years, thank Arceus for the emergency generators.”

“WELL AREN’T WE TRUSTY AND OPEN WITH STRANGERS TODAY!!” You’re pretty sure there’s a pulsating blood vessel beneath the goggles resting on his forehead. “FINE, YOU HANDLE IT THEN! BET HE WON’T DO ANY BETTER THAN THE TWENTY SEVEN GUYS WHO WERE HERE BEFORE HIM THOUGH!!”

With that, Bud spins around and disappears into the Power Plant, leaving you alone with an exhausted-looking Terrence.

“He’s not a bad man, please understand,” he says. “He takes a lot of pride in what he does. Besides, he might brag about never having had an outage, but another incident has been weighing on his conscience for months. He’s been even more bitter and grumpy ever since one of our employees had a fatal accident near a power line, some six months back.”

He motions for you to follow him, and he leads you deeper into the Plant, to a small room containing a layout of the entire facility.

“We have four main generators here, massive power sources. We call ‘em North, South, East and West for convenience. Then we got eight smaller sub-generators that draw from the main ones and then send electricity out to all of New Fizz and its outskirts. Finally, we have 2 emergency ones that rarely come into play. The issue is, we’ve been having problems with the eight small generators for a while now – every other day, one of them shuts down; occasionally two, or even three, go out on the same day. It’s never compromised our ability to provide power to the city, but if things continue to escalate, it might just be a matter of time.”

He shakes his head, visibly worried.

“Bud wasn’t exaggerating; we’ve had twenty seven people come and try to fix the problem. Nobody has been able to come up with a quick solution, and Bud just fires them on the second or third day on the job, because Bud.” He holds out his hand for a handshake and tries to smile through his tiredness. “I’m confident you’ll be the one to put an end to this, though. So: you’re the repairman, what’s the plan?”

10. myahoo

myahoo New Member

Blog Posts:
    As Aiden turned to walk away from the bar, he immediately pulled up short as someone whispered, "You will go in there and see this through if you want to live."

Holy shit. Aiden's heart was racing at the lady's abrupt appearance and it didn't feel like it was planning on slowing down any time soon as she grabbed his arm in a tight grip. 'See this through if you want to live'? What kind of cliché gang shit had he gotten himself into?

"He tried to rope you in, didn't he? You stood there and listened, and that's as good as a signed contract to that guy," she continued. "If you don't show, he'll hunt you down and kill you."

For hearing him out? He shot her an incredulous look as something cold trickled down his spine. He didn't exactly doubt her but...it wasn't like he wanted to believe her. Not that she seemed to care, as she kept right on talking.

"Take this money and give it to the doorman." She slipped him something metal--coins, most likely. "You'll find a USB drive and a cellphone in your left pocket too." He couldn't help checking his other pocket and was both surprised and unsurprised to find exactly what she'd said he'd find in there. "Call the only number on the contact list once you're inside and I'll explain everything."

She didn't wait for him to say anything and brushed past him, walking down the street as he glanced down at the contents of his right hand. $500 Poké. He glanced after her and wasn't surprised that she'd disappeared. Well, presumably, it would be enough to get him in?

Aiden took a breath and braced himself before trudging back to the bar with a scowl to bribe his way in and then call the damn ghost lady. Since he was too damn late to ditch the thing anyway.

...he should probably let Mike know he probably wasn't gonna be around for a few days. And the situation, in case something happened. Juuuust in case.

11. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    Hugo shakes Terrance’s hand with an uneasy smile.

Wow. Twenty-seven other people previously through here. Perhaps Hugo had gotten himself in over his head with this. After all, while he was somewhat proficient in repairing small things, he’d never undertaken anything of this magnitude. But, as they say, fake it until you make it. And if he screwed up, what’s the worst that could happen. So the entire city loses power at Hugo’s hand, he ruins the plant’s reputation, hundreds of people lose their jobs and Hugo is banished from society as a pariah. No big deal, right?

And upon hearing about the fatal accident and seeing Terrance’s legitimate concern, Hugo truly did want to help solve the problem. But how. Think, think, think.

“Can I call you Terry? Well, Terry,” said Hugo, “I think we need to start from square one here. The issue, as you say, is with the sub-generators. Is there any sort of pattern you’ve noticed in regards to when they go out? Meaning have you noticed that they tend to go out at similar times of day? And is there any trend with which generators go out when or does it appear to be happening more at random? And who is in charge in monitoring that they are functioning properly? I assume you track and record their output somewhere. Perhaps you even have surveillance video we can check to see if there’s any interference?”

Hugo impressed even himself. These were all legitimate questions. Get to the root cause of the problem and then try to resolve the symptoms.

“And you know, even though the sub-generators are what’s going out, it could be something interfering with the main generators blocking their feed to the sub-generators. But let’s start with the eight smaller first. Can you take me there?”

12. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    With a water gun to the face and minimal damage to the grass type from it, Vegeta's vision seems restored. Well, at least storm drain doesn't seem to be it's ability, otherwise that would have gotten sucked in. That's good news on our end because the Azurill will be able to fight some. Big thinks as he watches Vegeta run in for his punch. He knows that getting in close isn't the best of ideas given the size and weight difference but the attack power boost should be well worth it. He also knows that even a wild pokemon is smart enough that the same strategy won't work indefinitely and Vegeta can't throw seed bombs forever. However, his fears of the risky strategy are founded as the Gastrodon envelops the grass pokemon with a body slam.

"Vegeta!" Big calls out. "Azurill, quick! Use water gun to try and force it off!" He asks the small water pokemon in vain. While a water gun might be enough to propel the small pokemon across the surface of the water, it surely would do little but annoy the Gastrodon. Big pauses for the slightest of seconds as he ponders sending in another pokemon to the rescue. Just as he is about to turn and say something though he notices something under the Gastrodon. The bottom of the pokemon is rumbling slightly and a white light is beaming out. "Is that..?" Big looks to his currently only evolved pokemon, Hotstuff, who looks back and just gives the slightest nod along with a smirk. Big's gaze returns to the battle. "If he's evolved than that means... Vegeta! If you can hear me use Needle Arm!" He calls out desperately hoping the increased mass of the newly evolved pokemon would allow enough space for his voice to get through.

Underneath the Gastrodon the newly formed Quilladin growls. "I am Prince Vegeta, and I will NOT be crushed by a pile of worthless sludge!" He shouts as his arm begins to glow with green grass energy and form spikes.

13. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

Terrence listens to your plan with a satisfied expression; you’re probably not the first of the twenty eight to adopt this approach, but you must have sounded professional enough to convince him.

“Well, I can’t say I’ve ever noticed a pattern, although that is a good question. You see…” he hesitates, with an annoyed expression. “Bud never allowed us to spare men to stay on guard duty, let alone install a proper surveillance system. He’s adamant about keeping the Plant running the same way he inherited it from his father decades ago. He says he only employs people he trusts and as such here is no reason to waste money on cameras…”

Terrence shakes his head as he speaks, clearly in disagreement with his boss and friend. Then, he stops for a moment, going over something in his head.

“Hm… maybe we should go over this together. We got sub-reactors 1 and 2 on either side of the North main reactor, 3 and 4 next to East reactor, 5 and 6 are supplied by the South reactor and sub-reactors 7 and 8 are powered by the West reactor,” he clarifies. “Three days ago we had reactor 4 go out; the day after that, it was reactor number 2 that turned off, and minutes after we fixed it we realized reactor 6 was acting up and we fixed that one too. Yesterday morning reactor 2 gave us issues again, and a couple of hours later reactor 8 fried…”

Terrence places two fingers on his temples, unable to piece things together. He seems to think all of this is happening randomly.

“We haven’t had any reactors go out today yet, but it’s just a matter of time… How on earth are we supposed to know beforehand which reactor is gonna fry so we can prevent it?!”

Myahoo:

You decide to go through with it, if only because you don’t see yourself swimming in alternatives. Reluctantly, you approach the foul-mouthed bouncer and place the $500 in his hand, making him laugh audibly.

“Playin’ hard to get, were you? Come on then, go and have some fun!”

He opens the door to Black Velvet Bar and you step inside. The second you do, you realize that your concept of “fun” is… not exactly the same as the doorman’s, to say the least. Electronic music is blaring across the bar; there’s a bunch of people crammed together on an improvised dance floor to your left, and five people passed out with drinks in their hands over the counter to your right. Judging by the bartender’s lack of concern, this state of affairs seems to be the norm. The scent of alcohol and smoke is nauseating, and perfectly rounds out this glorious experience.

You remember your instructions and pull out the phone given to you by the woman outside. Trying your hardest to hear over the noise of music and drunken people, you dial the only number on the contact list, and your liaison immediately picks up.

“Good choice,” she says as soon as she answers. Hearing her clearly is, as you expected, considerably difficult. “Look I’m sorry for being so brash earlier, but I’m… infamous around these parts. If I’d lingered, I would be found out and I can’t afford that. Like I said earlier, whether you like it or not, that man has already roped you into his scheme, so if you want things to turn out well for you, you better be convincing and play along for now.”

You don’t recall signing a contract of any sort, but apparently you’re in real danger. The certainty in her voice is not as reassuring as it should be, given this precise circumstance.

“I won’t risk telling you my name over the phone; this is supposed to be a secure line but you never know. Just call me “C”. I’m working with the local police on a case, and I need your help. We suspect there is something very shady going on somewhere inside or around the Black Velvet, an operation ran by the man you met earlier. Can’t tell you what is for certain yet – in fact, your first job will be to verify my suspicions,” the blonde woman continues with unwavering determination, as if not contemplating for a second that you might back down from this whole deal. “Our intelligence hasn’t been able to confirm a surefire way to get into the operation, but since you spoke directly to the man we’re after, maybe he told you something? I’m counting on you. Get back to me as soon as you learn something new, but for your own sake, be discreet when you call!”

Biggggg5:

The light emanating from beneath Gastrodon fills you with new hope. You can’t quite see what just happened, but it’s far from insayan to assume Vegeta just achieved a new form!

Azurill looks at you, concerned at first and then confused by your confident expression. He dutifully follows your orders, but the Water Gun’s payoff is minimal, just as you expected; the foe doesn’t budge an inch, determined to choke out Vegeta beneath its weight to devour him once the deed is done. However, Gastrodon too grows agitated when it feels the sudden burst of energy coming from the trapped Grass-Type…

Suddenly, in a final flash of emerald light, Vegeta bursts through Gastrodon’s body with an uppercut from his needle-covered right arm, a rising punch so forceful it pierces the gelatinous body of his foe causing tremendous damage! Now free from his restraints, and indeed sporting a new look and massively increased power, Vegeta briefly gasps for air as he smirks from the sight ahead: although it manages to reform, thanks to its liquid constitution, Gastrodon looks severely injured.

In desperation, the slug arches its head back and spits out a massive Mud Bomb, which explodes violently on impact with Vegeta’s body… but leaving not even a dent in the Bulletproof Quilladin!

The enemy is on its last legs. As it reformed after the Needle Arm, you could spot a glowing blue light briefly emanate from within its liquid frame, now gone from sight once more. The algae covering its body seem to be waving autonomously, as if the seaweed too can feel the pain of the host it infected… What will you do?

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    Well, crap. This was going to be more difficult than anticipated. Hugo listened to Terrence, doing his best not to zone out with panic and an extreme feeling of being overwhelmed. He was able to pick up what the man was saying, more or less, and started to crunch numbers in his head. Based on his earlier interaction with Bud and the fact that countless others had already quit, he should have known it wouldn’t be as simple as he hoped. He took a deep breath and sighed.

“Okay, this probably…hopefully…isn’t as difficult as we’re making it out to be. Let’s plot this out.”
    Hugo pulled a notepad and pen from his backpack and plotted out a small diagram of the main reactors and their corresponding sub-reactors. He stared at the image for a few moments, hoping the answer would jump out at him. It didn’t.

“So you said that over the last three days, the outage pattern was: Four, Two, Six, Two, Eight.”
    Hugo put small marks on the diagram showing which sub-reactors went out each day.
    “What I’m seeing is that the outages appear to be potentially moving clockwise. The North generators are getting hit more frequently. But the others went out East, South, West. If this keeps up, the North should be hit today. But this seems too simple.”

Hugo poured over the page for a few more minutes. He could feel the frustration creeping in the back of his mind. “Stop it,” he thought to himself. “You’ll get this.”

The numbers HAD to mean something. He tried to notice any similarities. They were all even. Okay, that was something. He wrote the digits out: 4, 2, 6, 2, 8. Four, two, six, two, eight. He stared at them, desperation in the back of his mind. Quatro, dos, seis, dos, ocho. Quatre, deux, six, deux, huit. Fourtwosixtwoeight. Four…plus two…equals six…plus two…equals eight. This was definitely A pattern, but was it THE pattern?

He looked at Terrence and saw his fingers pressed against his temples. TWO fingers pressed against his temples. Was this a sign? Hugo typically wasn’t superstitious, but hey, at the moment he didn’t have any better ideas.

“So if the outages continue to move clockwise, the North should be hit next. And the pattern appears to be going up by two. You can look at as a moving sum…four plus two equals six plus two equals eight. Or you could look at it as four minus two is two plus four equals six minus four equals two plus six equals eight. Either way, all signs appear to be pointing to generator 2. Maybe that’s it, maybe it’s not. But I think we need to start there. If we’re right, great. If not, perhaps we can get some more clues as to what’s going on. And are you SURE you’ve laid out all the important details? Not that I think you’re a liar, but you’ve said 27 people quit already but only gave me three days worth of data. Not much of a sample size. What else can you tell me? Let’s walk and talk to sub-reactor 2.”

15. myahoo

myahoo New Member

Blog Posts:
    The bouncer laughed as Aiden dropped the $500 Poké in his hand. "Playin' hard to get, were you? Come on then, go and have some fun."

Aiden grimaced and walked through the door, immediately getting hit by the music and the smell of alcohol and smoke. A quick glance through the room turned up a busy dance floor on the left and several knocked out people at the counter on the right. Wonderful. He was honestly hoping for something quieter, but this was probably better if he was gonna call the ghost lady.

He sidled into a hopefully-quieter corner and pulled out the burner phone, dialing the only number in the contacts and skimming the crowd for anyone paying him special attention. The ghost lady immediately picked up.

"Good choice," he managed to make out over the music. "Look I'm sorry for being so brash earlier, but I'm...infamous around these parts. If I'd lingered, I would be found out and I can't afford that. Like I said earlier, whether you like it or not, that man has already roped you into his scheme, so if you want things to turn out well for you, you better be convincing and play along for now."

Greaaaaat. Just what he needed.

"I won't risk telling you my name over the phone; this is supposed to be a secure line but you never know. Just call me 'C'. I'm working with the local police on a case, and I need your help." He made an inquiring noise, raising an eyebrow though he was pretty sure she couldn't tell. "We suspect there is something very shady going on somewhere inside or around the Black Velvet, an operation ran by the man you met earlier. Can't tell you what is for certain yet - in fact, your first job will be to verify my suspicions. Our intelligence hasn't been able to confirm a surefire way to get into the operation, but since you spoke directly to the man we're after, maybe he told you something? I'm counting on you. Get back to me as soon as you learn something new, but for your own sake, be discreet when you call!"

Aiden hummed his acknowledgement and briefly considered passing along his suspicions, but he ended up only saying, "Gotcha" when she seemed to be done before hanging up and swapping the burner for his own phone. He shot off a quick text to his brother (At the Black Velvet Bar. Hopefully not about to get fucked over but maaaaay have tripped into Something. Will let you know asap.) and then pocketed his phone, scanning the room for Shady Guy. Not that he was gonna approach just yet, but he'd seen the guy come here; surely, Shady Guy was around somewhere.

...because he really didn't want to have to order the Bloody Marill when he suspected he'd gotten roped into being a police informant on a possible Pokémon smuggler and/or someone coordinating underground Pokémon fights. Not that he was particularly obligated to drink it, but...still didn't wanna spend his own money on this.

16. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    Serverus Snope:

Slowking continues to stare in silence as you struggle to adjust to the impromptu battling conditions. Abra seems to have full control of the battlefield, clearly exhibiting a prodigious psychic aptitude – after all, it is extremely unusual to find a wild Abra with such an elaborate repertoire… Is this even fair competition?

The waves of violet energy move relentlessly across the domed field, zooming in on Meringue alarmingly fast. Fortunately, your Togepi knows what could possibly be the only technique that could save it – an emerald sphere envelops your partner, forming in the blink of an eye, causing the energy rings to vanish harmlessly on collision!

Taking a proper look at Slowking is difficult through the Psychic Terrain barrier, but you can see him nod as Meringue barely makes it, in what you assume is a sign of approval. And when you make your next move, it’s clear that your hopefully-future mentor leans forward a bit, his curiosity peaked by your choice of strategy.

Your young partner courageously steps forward, realizing the importance of not letting you down at such a critical juncture, and raises its stubby little arms with determination. Slowly, light gathers at the tips, and Meringue begins to wave them rhythmically. It is then that, through the corner of your eye, you see Slowking shake his head…

When Meringue stops, a small swirl of Embers escape from the Togepi’s hands, flying lazily towards Abra’s position. Well, Abra’s previous position that is; looking over, the Psychic-Type is nowhere in sight! It is way too late when you realize what has happened…

Materializing out of thin air directly behind Meringue, Abra has just Teleported to the most critical position it could have chosen… It then claps its hands once more, and with horror, you witness the point-blank, Terrain-boosted Psywaves crash into Meringue’s back; your partner is sent flying all the way to the other side of the dome, and confirming your deepest fears… it does not get back up. Meringue has fainted!

The Terrain dissolves, and you can now see your surroundings clearly once again. More importantly, you can see him.

Slowly, hands behind his back, Slowking walks over to you and the gasping Abra. Clearly, the battle was absolutely exhausting for your opponent; it wanted to win just as much as you, but there was a clear gap in strength and psychic proficiency between Abra and your Togepi…

“I see,” the wise creature says mentally. “I expected… more.”

The dry, blunt delivery feels like a rusty arrow to your heart.

“Young Abra, your potential is remarkable. To the best of my ability, I will see that it flourishes,” decides Slowking, to your dismay.

“When you ordered your companion to use Metronome, human,” he goes on, now speaking directly to you, “I hoped it was due to a gift to predict the future. In the end, it was no more than desperation.”

He walks up to you and holds your hand with one of his own, placing the other on your suppressive bracelet.

“With these, you are nothing. Without them, you are dangerous. Either way, there is much work you need to do before I train you – I can help shape the clay, but you must be the one to provide it; right now, all you can give me to work with is dirt.”

He stops for a moment, pondering on his own words, before smiling faintly.

“I sense another nearby not unlike you. Considerable potential, intentionally restrained. Afraid to remove the chains. But perhaps together…”

He draws something with his foot on the floor. A crude drawing of a flame.

“Find the source of this fire that burns with frustration by your own means, and return to me together. It is not far at all,” Slowking finally declares. “Your second and last chance depends on this.”

OkikuMew:

Hank listens intently, and doesn’t seem the least bit bothered by any of the questions, not even the most personal ones. He scratches his head as he tries to come up with answers for everything – clearly, he’s more of a doer than a talker, and he’s eager to just get going.

“I remember the Corsola population spreading for miles and miles underwater no longer than two years ago. Yeah, that’s about it – the massive decline took place over the last couple of years, but it’s not like Mareanie were foreign to our shores before then! We’ve always head them, but they were few in number and everything was balanced. Sure, they always fed on Corsola, but not at an alarming rate by any means. But it’s as if they’ve been possessed by a malignant gluttony lately! As if eating, feeding on these Corsola is their only priority and they’ve lost all restraint…”

He points at your new scuba diving gear with a smile.

“Edmund loved that. More than line fishing, and definitely a lot more than selling gear and lure in a silly little shop, as he put it. So one day, he just left,” he summarily says, not at all distressed. “Snorkeling, depth fishing, coral watching… Edmund belongs underwater more than he does on land. So a few years ago he decided to grab his things and one of our boats, and left to explore the depths of the ocean and live on the sea. Lugia bless his crazy soul.”

As you keep talking, you finally reach Hank’s boat, a small wooden vessel that has clearly seen a lot of action, judging by the hull lacking any sort of paint any longer. Only the upper half still retains a shoddy coat of white paint, and the words “Hank Tank” clumsily handwritten in dark red paint.

“There ya have it, my baby. She’ll take us to the Corsola reef in no time,” Hank says proudly. “Frank doesn’t come anymore, not since he got crippled. But that’s something I can’t help you with – he’s always refused to talk about the accident. He showed up at the shop one evening, after a day of fishing, practically crawling and with his leg bandaged up with his own shirt. He refused to let me help him in any way. Edmund was no longer around; he would’ve beaten some sense into him, I’m sure, but I could never force Frank into doing anything. I wish I knew how he wound up like that, but even vaguely alluding to it is enough to piss him off.”

He claps his hands and helps you aboard the Hank Tank.

“Well lass? Anything else you’d like to ask, or preparations you need to do before we set off? We go on your signal!”

King Ghidorah:

Terrence seems to take your answer as the best he’s gonna get. You don’t exactly make a concentrated effort to conceal the fact that you’re not entirely sure, but it looks like Terrence appreciates your honesty at the very least.

“Reactor 2. Gotcha, might as well give it a shot!” He motions for you to follow him. “This room is adjacent to Bud’s quarters, close to the South reactor. So if we follow this long corridor, the Main Hallway NS, we’ll get to the North reactor in no time.”

As you walk side by side, Terrence visibly struggles to provide you with any new information.

“I suppose I never told you how we fix the generators, right? Yeah, that might be relevant to a professional repairman,” he says somewhat sheepishly. “Cut wires. That’s always what we find when we reach a targeted reactor. Our electrical cables are pretty thick and run inside a tough plastic cover, but often we find deep cuts in the plastic that manage to reach some of the cables cased within. It’s an easy fix because whoever is doing this has never managed to completely sever a cable from one side to the other, but it’s still concerning…”

Main Hallway NS” is a wide, frankly boring corridor that is considerably wide and eventually bisects another equally large corridor.

“This is the center of the plant, where Hallway NS meets Hallway WE,” explains Terrence. Clearly, people are extremely creative with names around here. “If we keep walking ahead we’ll reach the North reactor and subs 1 and 2; if we want to go to the East or West reactors, we turn left or right here and walk along Hallway WE. Makes sense right?”

A little further ahead, the corridor leads to a large sliding metal door, which is tightly shut. However, it opens by your mere approach, likely having a motion sensor installed nearby that triggers the unlocking mechanism.

“Another thing that Bud refuses to change. I already suggested we change to some sort of ID lock, but he says he trusts everyone in here and there’s not reason to waste money on a new system for all the doors…”

Up ahead is a massive square room with a gigantic generator running a full power with a multitude of cables protruding from its base, likely being fuelled by the colossal machine, which produces as much ear-splitting noise as it does electricity. Terrence, however, seems completely used to it, proceeding casually without the need to cover his ears, unlike you.

There are two more sliding doors in this room, one on each side of the generator. Terrence points to the one to your right, mouthing something you can’t understand over the noise, but which you assume is something along the lines of “it’s that way”.

However, as you begin approach the door to sub-generator 2, Terrence holds out his arm, blocking your path in a gesture that beckons you to stop. Finally realizing you can’t hear him, he leans over and speaks directly into your ear.

“Wait here, I’ll go ahead to make sure it’s clear!” he shouts. “Won’t risk the safety of someone coming from the outside to help us!”

The door slides open to allow Terrence inside. Five seconds later it opens once more, and the man motions for you to come in, signalling it’s safe to proceed. Mercifully this room is not only smaller, it’s also a lot quieter.

“Well… here we are.”

The North generator room was so impossibly loud, you wanted to get out as soon as possible, but fortunately here it seems you can take your time investigating without risking permanent damage to your auditory system. There’s another tower-like machine in the center of this room too, only much smaller. Several cables run along the ground and into the device, which glows intermittently with a bright yellow light. And therein lies the problem – intermittently.

“Damn it… you were right, but we’re too late!”

Terrence looks around for the source of the problem, and sure enough, he finds it.

“Look,” he points to the floor. “That cable is partially cut. I’m sure we fixed them all when we came here last time! But there seems to be nobody around… what the hell is going on around here?”

The ball is in your court, repairman. What will you do?

Myahoo:

((Apologies if I misread your post but I couldn’t make out a concrete action from your character in your last reply.))

You don’t like this one bit, but if it’s any consolation, at least it seems you’ve run into the “good guys” in this unbelievable mess. “C” wants you to infiltrate whatever Shady Guy’s plan is, but doesn’t know how to get you inside. You, on the other hand, do know how to get inside but don’t really want to follow the man’s instructions… And in this dilemma, you end up mostly standing around scanning the Black Velvet from one side to the other, attempting to spot Shady Guy somewhere in the crowd.

“Good evening.”

A voice, deep and intimidating, speaks up behind you. You quickly turn around… and see a black tie staring back at you. It takes you a couple of seconds to make sense of the situation and realize you have to look up to see the man’s face. An absolutely massive man, with bronze-like skin, sharply dressed with a black suit and tie and sporting shades indoors, looks down at you with an expression that is quite a ways away from friendly.

Bars and discos in general don’t have to be your thing for you to know that, when a man dressed as security approaches you with “good evening”, he means the opposite.

“Are you lost buddy? You seem like you need some pointers: over there is where you dance,” he points with a finger as big as a sausage, “over there is where you drink, and back there is where I’ll throw you if you keep standing in the way of paying customers and making strange phone calls.”

Clearly you’re being watched by some very zealous security. One more false step and things might end up badly for you…

17. Biggggg5

Biggggg5 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Vegeta stands grinning and panting as the glow fades from his arm having burst out from under the Gastrodon with his evolved strength and new grass move. The rest of the party stands there for a second in shock of the turn of events. "H-how did he do that? He wasn't that strong when we got here, he wasn't ready to evolve." Geddy asks skeptically. Vegeta attempts to loll his head back cockily but upon realizing he no longer has a neck he simply turns to face the group. "I trained all day yesterday." He sneers. "Well, by that I mean I was in the daycare after I got trapped under there." Big sighs. "We still have an issue here guys." He says as the Gastrodon fires its mud bomb at Vegeta. The grass pokemon simply backhands the attack sending it splatting against the wall of the ship. "No, we don't," Vegeta says. "Now while it pains me to say it, I can't do my finishing attack alone." He turns over to the Azurill. "I can finish it off with one big blow, I just need you to hold it off," Elsa speaks up. "Well the little guy is more than we gave him credit for, that shouldn't be too-" "For five minutes." Vegeta finishes. "And considering how easily I was caught under there... Well, I'm sure you'll do fine." There is a beat, and the Azurill looks worried for a second but Vegeta flicks the top of the Azurill's head. "I'm messing with you Blue Balls, it will only take a few seconds." As the Azurill breathes a sigh of relief Vegeta looks to Big. "Well, Bossman? You're the one to give the orders." Big nods. "R-right. Azurill, distract it with your best bubblebeams. And Vegeta, finish it off with Solar Beam!" As he gives the order, Vegeta hops into the sunlight peaking in from the crack in the ship and the Azurill begins its assault.

18. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    Hugo stood, staring at the partially severed wire when the metaphorical lightbulb went off.

“Alright, so anybody can get in here, right? There’s no real way to stop anyone...or anything...from getting in here. And it doesn’t appear that whoever is causing these outages isn’t trying to totally destroy the place since they aren’t completely severing the wires, only partially. They must be getting something out of doing this.”

Hugo continued outlining his plan out loud.

“And there’s only one way to access the subgenerators. Through the main generators. And the only way to get to the main generators...is through the hallway.”

He looked to Terrance.

“Come with me.”

Hugo quickly scurried out of the sub-generator room and dashed through the earsplitting main room with his fingers in his ears. The automatic door slid open with ease and shut firmly behind him as he ran his way into the center of the bisecting hallway.

“Whatever is doing this is doing this two at a time and doesn’t seem to hit the same section twice. So that means they would have to come through here to get in to the next generator and will need to come back through here to get out.”

He turned to Terrance.

“If you need to fix the subgenerator, do it. But if we’re going to have to make monitor this hallway.”

Hugo grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and opened it. There in front of him materialized a giant, furious rock monster. Rhyperior. The Drill Pokemon roared loudly over the sounds of the subgenerator.

“Do you see those two hallways?” Hugo said to Rhyperior pointing to the South and West corridors. “I want you to be on surveillance. If anything suspicious comes out of there, man or Pokemon, I want you to let me know. I’ll watch the other two,” he explained, pointing to the North and East.

“I hope this works.”

19. OkikuMew

OkikuMew Member

Blog Posts:
    Mélina felt like Frank had a bit of a hard time to answer her questions. It was not due to her questions themselves though, but because he seemed to be more of a “little less conversation, a little more action” kind of guy.

She listened very carefully, rubbing her chin, as he described what he witnessed concerning the Corsola and the Mareanie. “Possessed by malignant gluttony… loss of all restraint...” she repeated him, lost in thought. “I have no idea exactly why, but I have a feeling that something is bothering them to make them that way. I guess we’ll find out what exactly soon.” Corsola couldn’t help whimpering a little bit, probably still shaken of seeing her home fall into shambles in those last two years. Lucette, riding on her head, patted her fin on her to try and comfort her.

She smiled as she heard about sea-dwelling Edmund. “At least he’s passionate about something!” she commented. “But I have to admit, actually living on the sea doesn’t sound very safe. Probably going a little nuts being on his lonesome that way, too.”

As Hank stopped and presented his boat, Mélina was slightly stunned at seeing how shabby it looked. For some reason, she expected the boat of the harbormaster to be… in better shape, at the very least. On second thought, it should have been no surprise for it to be well used. She stifled a giggle after reading its name though, the “Hank Tank”, wondering how far did his family liked rhymes that finished with “ank”.

Speaking of family, after the sailor helped the trainer into the boat, he explained how even he didn’t know what caused his brother to end up in crutches, as he simply just showed up one day that way and refused to talk about it. “I guess whatever it was, it hurt his pride as much as his leg.”

“Well lass? Anything else you’d like to ask, or preparations you need to do before we set off?” Hank asked. “We go on your signal!”

“Hmmm, hang on…” Mélina looked around on the boat worriedly. “Corsola? Lucette? Where are you guys?”

“Cooor!” the yell was coming from the dock they just left, the boat hiding the view.

“...Oh, well I feel dumb now,” she chuckled awkwardly, bending down then reaching for the pink Pokémon to pull her into the boat. “We’re going to need you to find anything you think would be important. You know more about the situation than any of us, after all. ...Where’s Lucette though?”

Corsola pointed towards the bow of the boat, which a Splash could be heard from. Looking down in the water there, the Feebas could be seen swimming around happily, waiting for the boat to set sail.

“Now be careful there girl,” Mélina warned her, “I don’t want you to accidentally get hit by the boat or anything else along the way. Keep alert, make sure you don’t stray too far from the boat, and tell me if you see anything weird on your side, alright?”

“Feeb!” the fish nodded.

“Ok! Well now… I did most of my preparations back in the shop, sooooo... ” She looked into her bag for ideas on what to do before they leave. “Oh I know!” she pulled out seven of the Fresh Water bottles she bought earlier. “I got all of these for the purpose of this trip, so might as well have some of ‘em out here accessible to use on the go. Hmmm, what else... ”

After wrapping the strap of her old school binoculars around her neck, she looked down at her Pokéballs strapped to her bag’s sides, pondering if they would need more help. “Well Hank, I know you got Awilda to have eyes in the sky, but an extra pair wouldn’t hurt.” She plucked out a sparkling, dark blue Pokéball, threw it in the air, and in a flash, a Minior appeared. Curious, it spun and floated around the boat to enjoy the view of the sea.

“Hey, Catalina!” Mélina caught its attention. “Seems you’re liking the place already!” The meteor shuffled around happily in response. “Seems it’s your lucky day, because would you mind scouting around while we go to the coral reef?” The Minior rotated its body frontwards as a nod. “Thanks!”

“I think that should do it!” she exclaimed, looking back at Hank with a smile. “Ready to go now!”

20. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    Biggggg5:

The battle finally having turned in his favour, Vegeta is more than ready to show off the results of all those push-ups, sit-ups and plenty of juice. Azurill, too, is eager to help despite his stature, and the fact that he is clearly aware of the colossal gap in power between himself and all the other players on the field.

Gastrodon slithers forward, visibly in pain but forced into battling until the end by the overpowering seaweed that controls it. Its slow progress is, however, halted to a stop thanks to a Bubblebeam barrage courtesy of your baby companion, who plays his role to perfection!

Spreading each of his arms to the side, Vegeta begins to absorb sunlight as he charges his ultimate attack. The Grass-Type is determined to prove to you, Gastrodon, Azurill and anyone else watching, that they aren’t dealing with the average Chespin anymore! He, Vegeta, has finally become… the Legendary Quilladin!

Azurill keeps doing his best to keep Gastrodon away, but eventually, his bubbles start forming slower and popping easier, and the sea slug resumes its slow trek towards Vegeta looking to Body Slam him a second time. But as it comes within mere inches of your partner, the Quilladin brings his arms forward and lets loose a massive beam of concentrated sunlight!

The gigantic wave of energy washes over Gastrodon, the sheer energy of the move causing it to disintegrate into water particles and the seaweed to slither back into the water, away from harm! However, the beam also pierces a massive hole on the ship’s already-broken hull!

Water begins pouring in, flooding the floor of the dining hall. Everything suddenly shakes around you, and you quickly realize what’s about to happen – this half of the ship is going to sink too!

Azurill hops over to where Gastrodon disintegrated, and points with his tail to something the slug left behind. Glowing with a beautiful azure light, a crystal rests on the floor, no doubt the source of the shine you had spotted earlier when Gastrodon was reforming. There’s no mistake about it: it’s a 1x Waterium Z!

The ground beneath your feet suddenly begins to crack, wooden planks cracking as water continues to flood the room. You should move quickly!!

*Vegeta has gained 4 Levels!*

OkikuMew:

Hank smiles as you finish your preparations, and looks especially excited once you let out Catalina. The pink Minior hovers overhead, and the fisherman looks on in awe.

“That’s a darn weird Pokemon you got there! Never seen a rock that could fly! Well, as long as there’s a brain underneath all that stone, we shoud be good right?” he says with a loud chuckle.

Hank helps you aboard and, with the push of his massive foot, forces the Tank into the water before starting up the old, rusty engine. It takes three attempts, but it finally roars back to life, and off you go towards the ravaged Corsola reef!

“Lucky for us the weather’s holding up eh?” he shouts over the noise of the almost century-old engine at work. “We can keep heading North for a bit longer, but then we’ll have to make a detour! The coral bed has a higher inclination up ahead and the water’s shallower, it can pierce a hole clean through the Tank hull!”

The journey’s uneventful, and just as Hank said, the boat tilts starboard after a while, slightly shifting course. As it does, Hank points to the left and shouts again.
    “See? Water changes colour over there, see how it’s a redder? Coral all the sea bed over there, the Mareanie haven’t reached this far yet!” he laughs as the boat keeps going. “Frank and Edmund used to say there was treasure buried under all that coral, but it was forbidden to search for it because we’d have to destroy the coral to reach it, and besides, no ship could sail close enough to the spot without sinking anyway!”

It takes a while longer for anything to happen. Fortunately, the Hank Tank holds its own remarkably well on high seas, contrary to what its appearance might have suggested. But just as you begin to wonder if you could afford to relax a little, Hank shouts one more time, only now, there’s alarm in his voice.

“TIDAL WAVE UP AHEAD!!”

True enough, Catalina confirms it. In the distance, a massive wave begins to form, and is heading straight for the Hank Tank!

“How the hell is that even possible? There ain’t even a breeze blowing! Not a sign of bad weather! So how?!”

Intriguing as though the reason may be, theirs is a very real problem coming your way at high speed and with possible catastrophic effects… is there anything you can do before the wave arrives?!

King Ghidorah:

You reason that, even though the perpetrator escaped, there is no way he can move about freely without being spotted in the hallway. To that effect, you send Rhyperior out to keep guard over the main hallway intersection where the South and West paths cross, while you keep watch over the North and East ones. Your partner is obedient, but you can tell the meagre task of “watching” might feel underwhelming for such a powerful creature.

For some ten minutes, nothing happens. Until you begin to hear steps approaching! Turning out hoping to spot the criminal, you instead find Terrence coming out of the North Generator room looking bored out of his mind.

“There, all fixed. But it’s funny – aren’t you supposed to be a repairman? I thought you’d be able to fix these a lot faster than – Hey!”

Suddenly, he points to the East side of Hallway WE. Lights flicker, and eventually go out! Terrence curses and starts running towards the East Generator, and you follow suite. The door slides open in much the same manner, and the East generator is every bit as noisy – and fully functioning – as the North one. He then turns right and enter the smaller room…

“Shit! He hit sub-generator 4! But how?!”

This time, Terrence doesn’t need to point. You can see the cut marks on the cables much like what happened at generator 2. But how could the perpetrator pass you by when you were keeping such tight surveillance over the main halls? Is it moving around some other way? Should you have been more careful in your assessment of the crime scene?...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.