• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

New Fizz City: The Metropolitan Zone

Reaction score
Ex-Admiral Insane:

No amount of inconspicuous behaviour can erase who you really are: not merely an officer of the Government, but the Government itself. And as such, when many would have turned their backs and actively avoided the situation up ahead, you are compelled to dig deeper, holding on to the absolute certainty that your companions will allow no harm to befall you.

The same, however, cannot be said of the woman you find when you turn the corner. Before you lies a girl in her twenties on the floor, a dark red puddle growing beneath her and spreading across the street. It doesn’t take a wealth of forensic knowledge to determine what happened, either, as a similarly-coloured stain spreads across her white blouse from a bullet wound in her chest. You only heard her scream once, because that was all the time she had – this woman has been shot dead, not in some dark alley or a shady corner of the Nightlife Row, but right in the vicinity of New Fizz’s main Plaza. Doom was right, unfortunately; something is very, very wrong here.

No more than a minute later, you hear sirens in the distance. Looking ahead you spot three Police cars approach the scene, haphazardly parking nearby and causing a mess in the already-significant traffic. Officers Jennies and Johnnies rush out of the cars and run towards you, nightsticks in hand and Growlithe in tow. It’s gonna hurt.

“STOP!!”

The elderly voice, commanding nonetheless, freezes the police in their tracks; even the dogs stop running, though they continue to growl in your direction. A small chubby man in his sixties, sporting a magnificent moustache, and sharply dressed in a brown three-piece-suit walks out of one of the cars, moving slowly as his joints demand. He walks past the officers and approaches the dead woman, horror plastered on his face.

“It gets worse by the day…” His voice is a whisper, a sigh of defeat. “Poor girl. I… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

He then looks up at you, and you can see him welling up, though he fights back any actual tears. After clearing his throat he holds out a hand, and you have to bend over ever-so-slightly to return the greeting.

“I’m unspeakably sorry you had to witness this… although perhaps it happened this way for a reason. It’s an honour to have you visiting our city, Elite Lucas, but we are going through some very troubling times…” His voice is trembling, and you realize that so is his hand. “I am the newly-appointed Mayor of New Fizz, Leopold Loffley – I don’t expect you to remember me, there was no grand ceremony to mark the occasion. But once Mayor Brown disappeared, I volunteered as a last-minute replacement, and well…”

He looks at the corpse again and shakes his head.

“At the rate these violent crimes continue to happen, I’m afraid we’re only a step away from becoming New Bedlam rather than New Fizz.” The man seems exceptionally straightforward about his own failures – can’t fault his honesty, at the very least. “Truth be told, criminality was already on the rise when Brown vanished, but it’s worse than ever nowadays. I’m embarrassed to ask this of you, especially since you aren’t even here on official business, but… may I request the direct help of Fizzytopia’s Elite?”

OkikuMew:

The scene is horrifying for everyone, but particularly so in Corsola’s case, seeing the remnants of countless others of her kin floating all around her. But mourning will have to come later – if you don’t act quickly, the boat will be overrun by famished Mareanie, and all of you might end up like those Corsola!

“Damn it… come on girl, let’s get to work!”

You briefly assume Hank is talking to you, but soon realize he’s addressing his girl: Awilda takes flight and swoops down, swallowing as many Mareanie as she can in her gullet and tossing them back into the ocean. Lucette, too, is quick on the uptake and begins to attempt hypnotism on as many enemies as she can. As the technique mandates eye contact, she fials to put many of them to sleep, but much to your relief, your Feebas is not the only one you can rely on.

Corsola, overwhelmed by a need to avenge those of her kind, will not let their sacrifice be in vain – unleashing a wave of Psychic power much stronger than you would’ve expected, she lifts an impressive number of Mareanie in the air at the same time, before scattering them around as far away from the boat as possible!

Even Hank is helping out in person, delivering powerful kicks to any invaders still left aboard the Hank Tank and forcibly tossing them out, and before you know it, you successfully managed to thwart the invasion. To make sure it doesn’t happen again, Catalina surrounds the boat with floating rocks, which follow the ship’s movements rather than impede its progress. When the defensive circle is complete, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

*Corsola gained 3 Levels!*

*Lucette gained 3 Levels!*

*Catalina gained 2 Levels!*

“Well, we… ugh… we did it,” says Hank, his voice strangely tense and less enthusiastic as you’ve grown used to. The man is clearly in pain. “I… I might’ve screwed up though…”

As you look over to the fisherman, you see him clutching his foot. Blood is trickling down the side of it, and you quickly piece everything together: in trying to kick the Mareanie off the boat, Hank must’ve stabbed his foot on one of their poisonous protrusions…

“Well lass… I don’t suppose ya got anything on hand that’ll help me out?” he says weakly, but smiling. “Y’know, ‘cause, no disrespect, but Mélina Tank just ain’t got the same ring to it…”

Having cracked the joke, Hank collapses on the boat, and all of a sudden, you’re thrown into another do-or-die situation. Quite literally in Hank’s case…

Biggggg5:

The foe proves to be every bit as dangerous as you’d feared, digging straight into its strongest moves from the get-go. It’s a scary combination for anyone to face – Shell Smash, Slash and Tough Claws – but all the more so for a newborn like Azurill…

Still, you’re not about to give up just yet. Binacle’s boosting move, although turning it into an offensive juggernaut, has its flaws – specifically, it leaves the user much more prone to taking damage, and in Binacle’s case, it only has one rock to shatter, which means Sean probably can’t use the move again! With that in mind, you switch up your strategy and try to mitigate Shell Smash’s boons.

Azurill’s eyes glow with all the innocence of the world in them, to the point where even the vicious Binacle stops to wonder if it’s really okay to harm a hatchling like that. In its hesitation, and much to Sean’s dismay, Binacle drops its guard and is quickly met with a strong Water Gun delivered with precision to the right head/hand/barnacle. The enemy reels from the blow and retaliates, shooting a superpowered version of its own Water Gun! However, using his newfound swimming technique – developed thanks to you – Azurill nimbly dodges the water stream by propelling itself to the side with a Bubble Beam, which he then redirects to shower Binacle in a storm of painfully-popping bubbles!

The repeated hits take a severe toll on Sean’s Pokemon, whose defences were dramatically lowered following the Shell Smash. All out of tricks, and with Azurill having figured out a way to dodge ranged attacks, the lifeguard loses his patience and decides to go all-out.

“Binacle, get up close and personal! You’re still faster, so swim up to that little creep and Fury Swipe him into little pieces!”

This seems to be the extent of Binacle’s moveset: Shell Smash, Slash, Water Gun and the newly revealed Fury Swipes. But even though you’ve figured that out, the biggest problem remains: Binacle is indeed still faster, and despite being considerably injured after your successful strategy, if it can catch Azurill into a flurry of strikes there is little doubt about the end result. As the twin barnacles swim furiously in Azurill’s direction to prevent him from dodging, what will you do?!

King Ghidorah:

For a moment, you can see Terrence’s convincing look of befuddlement, but you know it’s all a ruse. You fear Rhyperior might act unprovoked, so you calm him down, but there is nothing you can do if Bud flies off the handle and takes matters into his own hands, hot-headed as he is… but fortunately the head of the Power Plant seems to keep it together, despite his absolutely furious expression, as he stands motionless with his arms crossed right in front of his own Rhyperior, blocking the way out. Terrence isn’t fooling his friend anymore either, and he knows it. Which is why, after a tense moment of deafening silence, the man breaks.

“… Damn you. You nosy, persistent cockroach. I was going to make it alright again... All I had to do…” he looks up at Bud in tears. “All I had to do was convince you to step down, like you should’ve done of your own goddamn accord when you let my cousin die!”

He stays on the ground, unable or unwilling to get back up, tears running down his face as he embraces the inevitability of his defeat.

“Bud… you are reckless, tactless, overconfident and dense. You always were, but I liked you because you were honest, you were fair, and you loved this place more than anything. I tolerated you stubborn old goat because you had a passion for your job – but from day one, the only opinion that really mattered was your own. You knew what was best for the Plant’s future, you knew who to hire, you knew when stuff needed repairing,” he continues in a tirade that, clearly, had been repressed and clamouring to get out for years. “Guess what, you didn’t. I saw a family member die because you were negligent, because you were stingy, and when he was dead, all you cared about was finding a replacement before production took a hit! On that day, I knew you’d lost sight of everything other than your precious baby. I knew you’d die on the job, regardless of how well or how terribly you were handling it. Unless the only thing you cared about was irreparably damaged beyond your control, you would never walk away. You were willing to endanger, mistreat and trample as many people as necessary as long as the Plant worked. So… I made it stop working. For the first time in your goddamn life, I made you doubt yourself, your ability to keep things under control… I was going to make you leave, since you didn’t have the decency to do it when you should have!”

He looked at the open air duct and shook his head before shifting his attention to you.

“You’re right; I’m not working alone. Cutting the cables, that’s not my doing – I just decide where and when to hit next. I’m not the only one who resents Bud, the only one who wants him gone… You know where he’s going next, you’ve figured it out. You don’t need me to tell you .”

With that, he says nothing more, falling silent except for the occasional sobbing as he continues to wallow in his dark thoughts. You’ve cracked the case, but Terrence’s accomplice is still on the loose. What now?

Reaction score
Biggggg5:

The foe proves to be every bit as dangerous as you’d feared, digging straight into its strongest moves from the get-go. It’s a scary combination for anyone to face – Shell Smash, Slash and Tough Claws – but all the more so for a newborn like Azurill…

Still, you’re not about to give up just yet. Binacle’s boosting move, although turning it into an offensive juggernaut, has its flaws – specifically, it leaves the user much more prone to taking damage, and in Binacle’s case, it only has one rock to shatter, which means Sean probably can’t use the move again! With that in mind, you switch up your strategy and try to mitigate Shell Smash’s boons.

Azurill’s eyes glow with all the innocence of the world in them, to the point where even the vicious Binacle stops to wonder if it’s really okay to harm a hatchling like that. In its hesitation, and much to Sean’s dismay, Binacle drops its guard and is quickly met with a strong Water Gun delivered with precision to the right head/hand/barnacle. The enemy reels from the blow and retaliates, shooting a superpowered version of its own Water Gun! However, using his newfound swimming technique – developed thanks to you – Azurill nimbly dodges the water stream by propelling itself to the side with a Bubble Beam, which he then redirects to shower Binacle in a storm of painfully-popping bubbles!

The repeated hits take a severe toll on Sean’s Pokemon, whose defences were dramatically lowered following the Shell Smash. All out of tricks, and with Azurill having figured out a way to dodge ranged attacks, the lifeguard loses his patience and decides to go all-out.

“Binacle, get up close and personal! You’re still faster, so swim up to that little creep and Fury Swipe him into little pieces!”

This seems to be the extent of Binacle’s moveset: Shell Smash, Slash, Water Gun and the newly revealed Fury Swipes. But even though you’ve figured that out, the biggest problem remains: Binacle is indeed still faster, and despite being considerably injured after your successful strategy, if it can catch Azurill into a flurry of strikes there is little doubt about the end result. As the twin barnacles swim furiously in Azurill’s direction to prevent him from dodging, what will you do?!
Big's confidence is somewhat restored as not only does the charm seem to work in mitigating the physical attack boost from the opponent, the Azurill is able to land another solid watery blow. But he is quickly reminded that it wasn't only the physical that was affected, but the special side as well, as the Binacle launches its own water gun in reply. Big is somewhat concerned but the Azurill seems to be on top of things and manages to dodge out of the way using the bubblebeam to dodge and land another decent blow. Big calls out: "Good job!" to the Azurill when the lifeguard lets out a final sounding order. He's right, it is still faster, even with the propulsion swimming. Big realizes and his mind races even as the Binacle speeds towards the baby pokemon. Can't dodge with the propulsion, and if that fury swipe hits Azurill will probably be done for! His eyes dart around looking for an answer, there had to be something! Then suddenly it hits him. "Water Gun! Straight down!" He calls out desperately and the Azurill quickly responds. Ideally, the Azurill would be pushed up into the air where the binacle wouldn't be able to hit it. Additionally, the momentum could very well bring the Binacle into the water gun but coming down would be a problem. "Come down with your best Slam attack!" Between the gravity and the Binacle's dropped defense, the blow would hopefully be enough to finish it off, despite the type disadvantage from the rock typing.

Reaction score
Biggggg5:

Right now, it doesn’t matter how adept at swimming Azurill has become: you know that if you allow Binacle to hit at close range, your friend probably won’t be able to endure it!

The twin threat swims towards its intended target at breakneck speed, claws glimmering ominously in the sunlight – one slash from them could be Azurill’s end, let alone a flurry of strikes! As valiant as he has proven himself, the small critter is understandably scared, and seems unable to act on his own accord to protect himself from the oncoming attack. However, a last-minute surge of inspiration flourishes within you, and you realize that “left” or “right” aren’t Azurill’s only dodging options!

As soon as you shout the critical instruction, Azurill understands what you’re trying to do and follows the order to the letter – unleashing a stream of water downwards, the Pokemon is propelled into the sky causing the rushing Binacle to miss the mark completely! Sean can only look on, realizing his partner is now an easy target, and you know it has no means of protection. And sure enough, after a couple of seconds Azurill begins to descend, and it all seems to go according to plan, until…

“Wh-what the hell is going on?...”

You’re forced to admit you are just as baffled as Sean by what happens next: a bright light envelops the falling Azurill, causing it to resemble a blue meteor on collision course with Binacle. His frame grows slightly larger as he keeps diving and then somersaults in the air, driving his tail straight into the defenceless enemy! Just as the Slam makes contact, the light fades, and you realize what just happened: Azurill evolved into
!

A shockwave spreads outwards across the water from the sheer force of the impact, and Binacle is forcefully tossed into the depths of the water; after a few seconds it resurfaces… but it’s not moving. Binacle is knocked out!

“N-no way…” Sean looks on in disbelief as his partner, stronger and more dangerous than yours by all accounts, floats unconscious before being dragged back to shore by the waves. “You actually won…”

The lifeguard recalls his fallen companion, takes a deep breath and walks up to you. Despite his earlier demeanour, there isn’t the slightest trace of resentment on his face; instead, he smiles at you, recognizing his loss.

“I… gave you two a hard time, didn’t I? Look, I… damn it, I’m sorry!” he finally manages to say, clearly struggling to find the right words. “I wanted to see what Azurill could really do, y’know? I’ve been a lifeguard for a long time and I see a Pokemon’s potential from a mile away – Azurill always had it, but for some reason, I… I couldn’t do anything with him! It was infuriating, humiliating even. So when you showed up…”

He looks at Marill and smiles, seemingly glad he could grow so much in such little amount of time.

“When you showed up and managed to guide Azurill so easily, teach him to swim and make him a fighter like it was nothing… I felt even angrier. And when you brought back proof from the S.S. Fortune, I was even worse. You succeeded in everything I had failed at,” he admits with full honesty. “But really, you had all the merit. You literally turned Azurill into something I never could – his evolution is an undeniable proof of your Bond, right?”

It’s hard to believe this is the same insufferable prick who’s been breathing down your neck all this time, but it seems he had a genuine change of heart. And when you think about it, a guy who dedicates his life to rescuing people at sea can’t be all that bad at heart.

“Again man… I’m sorry. You’re a great Trainer, regardless of all the crap I told you before. I know it’s not much in the way of compensation, but give me a moment,” he says, before running over to a backpack he’d left behind on the sand before the battle. After a while of rummaging through the bag, he returns holding something. “Here, take these. I was giving it some thought during the battle – you ran into it at the shipwreck, didn’t you? You might not be strong enough just yet, but if anyone can bring the fight to that thing, it’s you. So, these might come in handy in the future…”

You don’t need to ask what Sean is referring to. Clearly, he knows of the monstrous Dhelmise haunting the ship, and while you could argue he probably sent you to your death by omitting the Ghost’s existence, you can at least take pride in his vote of confidence now… right?

Sean holds out his hand, and you see four small blue discs resting on his palm. Come to think of it, it makes sense that a lifeguard would have these…

*You received TM Surf!*

*You received TM Dive!*
*You received TM Waterfall!*
*You received TM Whirlpool!*

“If you ever decide to come back one day to challenge Dhelmise, I’ll be here rooting for you,” he concludes. Finally, he drops to one knee and addresses Marill. “Hey, I… I’m sorry for all that. I was an idiot… But at least you found someone who isn’t, right? I don’t know about you, but if I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t want to lose a Trainer like him from sight.”

Sean winks at Marill, whose eyes shift nervously from Sean to you, as if hoping for something. Something that only you can give him.

What will you do?

Reaction score

King Ghidorah:

For a moment, you can see Terrence’s convincing look of befuddlement, but you know it’s all a ruse. You fear Rhyperior might act unprovoked, so you calm him down, but there is nothing you can do if Bud flies off the handle and takes matters into his own hands, hot-headed as he is… but fortunately the head of the Power Plant seems to keep it together, despite his absolutely furious expression, as he stands motionless with his arms crossed right in front of his own Rhyperior, blocking the way out. Terrence isn’t fooling his friend anymore either, and he knows it. Which is why, after a tense moment of deafening silence, the man breaks.

“… Damn you. You nosy, persistent cockroach. I was going to make it alright again... All I had to do…” he looks up at Bud in tears. “All I had to do was convince you to step down, like you should’ve done of your own goddamn accord when you let my cousin die!”

He stays on the ground, unable or unwilling to get back up, tears running down his face as he embraces the inevitability of his defeat.

“Bud… you are reckless, tactless, overconfident and dense. You always were, but I liked you because you were honest, you were fair, and you loved this place more than anything. I tolerated you stubborn old goat because you had a passion for your job – but from day one, the only opinion that really mattered was your own. You knew what was best for the Plant’s future, you knew who to hire, you knew when stuff needed repairing,” he continues in a tirade that, clearly, had been repressed and clamouring to get out for years. “Guess what, you didn’t. I saw a family member die because you were negligent, because you were stingy, and when he was dead, all you cared about was finding a replacement before production took a hit! On that day, I knew you’d lost sight of everything other than your precious baby. I knew you’d die on the job, regardless of how well or how terribly you were handling it. Unless the only thing you cared about was irreparably damaged beyond your control, you would never walk away. You were willing to endanger, mistreat and trample as many people as necessary as long as the Plant worked. So… I made it stop working. For the first time in your goddamn life, I made you doubt yourself, your ability to keep things under control… I was going to make you leave, since you didn’t have the decency to do it when you should have!”

He looked at the open air duct and shook his head before shifting his attention to you.

“You’re right; I’m not working alone. Cutting the cables, that’s not my doing – I just decide where and when to hit next. I’m not the only one who resents Bud, the only one who wants him gone… You know where he’s going next, you’ve figured it out. You don’t need me to tell you .”

With that, he says nothing more, falling silent except for the occasional sobbing as he continues to wallow in his dark thoughts. You’ve cracked the case, but Terrence’s accomplice is still on the loose. What now?
Subgenerator 6. They had to get to subgenerator 6. But they couldn’t just leave Terrence here, could they? Who knows what would happen left to his own devices, especially now that he had been outed. He would be more desperate than ever and try to do something drastic. Hugo did feel sympathy for him, though. What had happened was absolutely tragic and Bud was certainly not someone easy to forgive.

“Terrence, listen,” Hugo tried to explain between Terrence’s sobs, “I know what it’s like to lose someone close to you. I know the pain, the sorrow, the thoughts of vengeance. And I’m sorry that this happened. But you have to realize that trying to sabotage the power system to an entire city is not the way to get payback. Thousands of people could suffer or even die because of you. Imagine what would happen if the hospital lost power or the airport or the police station. You hold Bud responsible for your cousin’s death, and that might be rightly so, but what you’re doing is reckless endangerment at best and attempted murder at worst. This can’t go on.”

Hugo looked to Bud, not holding back his disdain. Sure, Terrence was certainly in the wrong here, but Bud took his share of the responsibility in all of this.

“What? For once you’re speechless? You’re not going to holler and scream and threaten? Fine. Maybe the only positive outcome in all this is that you’ve finally shut the hell up. But if you want to put this to bed once and for all, we’re going to need to get to subgenerator 6. That’s the next target.” Hugo looked down at Terrence. “I’m sorry, but we can’t leave you alone. You’re going to have to come to.”

Hugo nodded to Rhyperior who moved behind Terrence, indicating to Terrence that he was going to go with them whether he wanted to or not.

“Let’s go.”

Reaction score
Biggggg5:

Right now, it doesn’t matter how adept at swimming Azurill has become: you know that if you allow Binacle to hit at close range, your friend probably won’t be able to endure it!

The twin threat swims towards its intended target at breakneck speed, claws glimmering ominously in the sunlight – one slash from them could be Azurill’s end, let alone a flurry of strikes! As valiant as he has proven himself, the small critter is understandably scared, and seems unable to act on his own accord to protect himself from the oncoming attack. However, a last-minute surge of inspiration flourishes within you, and you realize that “left” or “right” aren’t Azurill’s only dodging options!

As soon as you shout the critical instruction, Azurill understands what you’re trying to do and follows the order to the letter – unleashing a stream of water downwards, the Pokemon is propelled into the sky causing the rushing Binacle to miss the mark completely! Sean can only look on, realizing his partner is now an easy target, and you know it has no means of protection. And sure enough, after a couple of seconds Azurill begins to descend, and it all seems to go according to plan, until…

“Wh-what the hell is going on?...”

You’re forced to admit you are just as baffled as Sean by what happens next: a bright light envelops the falling Azurill, causing it to resemble a blue meteor on collision course with Binacle. His frame grows slightly larger as he keeps diving and then somersaults in the air, driving his tail straight into the defenceless enemy! Just as the Slam makes contact, the light fades, and you realize what just happened: Azurill evolved into
!

A shockwave spreads outwards across the water from the sheer force of the impact, and Binacle is forcefully tossed into the depths of the water; after a few seconds it resurfaces… but it’s not moving. Binacle is knocked out!

“N-no way…” Sean looks on in disbelief as his partner, stronger and more dangerous than yours by all accounts, floats unconscious before being dragged back to shore by the waves. “You actually won…”

The lifeguard recalls his fallen companion, takes a deep breath and walks up to you. Despite his earlier demeanour, there isn’t the slightest trace of resentment on his face; instead, he smiles at you, recognizing his loss.

“I… gave you two a hard time, didn’t I? Look, I… damn it, I’m sorry!” he finally manages to say, clearly struggling to find the right words. “I wanted to see what Azurill could really do, y’know? I’ve been a lifeguard for a long time and I see a Pokemon’s potential from a mile away – Azurill always had it, but for some reason, I… I couldn’t do anything with him! It was infuriating, humiliating even. So when you showed up…”

He looks at Marill and smiles, seemingly glad he could grow so much in such little amount of time.

“When you showed up and managed to guide Azurill so easily, teach him to swim and make him a fighter like it was nothing… I felt even angrier. And when you brought back proof from the S.S. Fortune, I was even worse. You succeeded in everything I had failed at,” he admits with full honesty. “But really, you had all the merit. You literally turned Azurill into something I never could – his evolution is an undeniable proof of your Bond, right?”

It’s hard to believe this is the same insufferable prick who’s been breathing down your neck all this time, but it seems he had a genuine change of heart. And when you think about it, a guy who dedicates his life to rescuing people at sea can’t be all that bad at heart.

“Again man… I’m sorry. You’re a great Trainer, regardless of all the crap I told you before. I know it’s not much in the way of compensation, but give me a moment,” he says, before running over to a backpack he’d left behind on the sand before the battle. After a while of rummaging through the bag, he returns holding something. “Here, take these. I was giving it some thought during the battle – you ran into it at the shipwreck, didn’t you? You might not be strong enough just yet, but if anyone can bring the fight to that thing, it’s you. So, these might come in handy in the future…”

You don’t need to ask what Sean is referring to. Clearly, he knows of the monstrous Dhelmise haunting the ship, and while you could argue he probably sent you to your death by omitting the Ghost’s existence, you can at least take pride in his vote of confidence now… right?

Sean holds out his hand, and you see four small blue discs resting on his palm. Come to think of it, it makes sense that a lifeguard would have these…

*You received TM Surf!*

*You received TM Dive!*
*You received TM Waterfall!*
*You received TM Whirlpool!*

“If you ever decide to come back one day to challenge Dhelmise, I’ll be here rooting for you,” he concludes. Finally, he drops to one knee and addresses Marill. “Hey, I… I’m sorry for all that. I was an idiot… But at least you found someone who isn’t, right? I don’t know about you, but if I were in your shoes, I wouldn’t want to lose a Trainer like him from sight.”

Sean winks at Marill, whose eyes shift nervously from Sean to you, as if hoping for something. Something that only you can give him.

What will you do?
Big flinches just as the Binacle would hit but when he doesn't hear the pained cry of the young pokemon he looks back to find the Azurill had actually pulled off the vertical dodge! "Yeah!" He cries out cheerfully and in encouragement as the Azurill begins to dive forward and spin forward to strike with his tail. The surprising part though was the, now familiar given how recently he had seen it in Vegeta, white glow of evolution. Knowing what this means, Big's eyes well up a bit. The small pokemon must think very highly of him for the evolution to trigger, a friendship Big was planning on forging over a long time when he would eventually catch it. Knowing that he had made this much of an impact on the pokemon before even catching it meant a lot to him. And even more, backed up his claims that his training methods were working more than just making a pokemon physically stronger. The newly evolved Marill lands the blow with his tail, finishing the battle rather spectacularly. And to both trainers almost surprise. Big is even more surprised when Sean seems to completely 180 his personality and realize how much of a douche he was being. He apologizes to Big and Marill, offering the trainer TMs that would be useful in tracking down the Dhelmise at some point. Big simply nods and takes the cds. "I... appreciate your frustration, even if I don't approve of the behavior. But luckily it seems today has proven to have brought everything I was looking for anyway. So thank you for that." He looks over to the Marill who seems to be anxious. "Well little guy? I can tell that you seem to want this to continue yeah?" He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a blue and red Great ball and offers it out to the water pokemon.

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

You’re right about a lot of things – among them, that Bud is indeed speechless. The lumbering man just stands there, looking more expressionless and vacant than the Rhyperior behind him. The Plant’s overseer is most definitely not a likeable man, but you can’t say you don’t understand him right now. After all, if there ever was one certainty in his life, it was that Terrence was the only man he could wholeheartedly trust.

“You don’t have to tell me to come,” says Terrence. “I won’t sell out my only friend, but I have to tell him in person that it’s over.”

He brushes past Bud as he walks out of the room, and the older man does not react. It’s as if he’s fallen into a catatonic state; it takes his Rhyperior’s vigorous and repeated taps on his shoulder to finally snap him out of it.

“Y-yeah. We should get going…”

Terrence takes the lead, defiant. He doesn’t attempt to throw sand in your eyes anymore or send you down the wrong path; instead, with determined steps, he makes his way over to sub-generator 6 just as you’d deduced. He stops briefly before the sliding door, eyes closed, and takes a deep breath. The door opens.

“Hey… listen, you… you have to stop running. It’s over,” he says, addressing the one inside.

Red metal glistens in the light emanated by the reactor. The small creature looks up at Terrence in confusion; you realize the culprit’s hands are in fact blades, and one of them stands dangerously close to one of the cables. Once it sees the five of you walk into the room, the
immediately assumes he’s been double-crossed by Terrence, and the confusion on its face turns to a hostile glare.

“This is… was my cousin’s partner, Pawniard. He was his only Pokémon and an invaluable repairman around these parts; not that you’d know, right Bud?” Terrence says, bitterly. And correctly, too. “Like I said, I’m not the only one who holds a grudge. But Pawniard, listen, we… we’ve been caught. It’s over. Bud won.”

The Steel-Type, however, is having none of it. His blade-arm grow to three times its original size, enveloped in violet energy, and with a single swipe, the Psycho Cut completely severs the bundle of cables that feed the sub-generator, and it shuts down immediately. This was a degree of damage that had never been inflicted before, you recall, with cables up to this point having been carefully, surgically cut to cause only minor damage. But right now, Pawniard is in a rage.

“N-no wait! We never agreed to shut anything down like that! That’s too much, stop!” pleas Terrence, but to no avail. The Pokemon, consumed by rage, lunges at Bud with a Fury Cutter filled with murderous intent! The old man just stands there, absent-mindedly watching death fly in his direction…

If you’re going to intervene, you have to do it now! Unless you prefer to let Bud deal with the consequences of his own actions…

Biggggg5:

Marill looks conflicted. Yes, Sean is a prick, but he was the one who brought him to the world of humans and away from the lonely life of an orphan. On the other hand, you’ve shown him more love and attention than he’d ever known before – what’s more, you were the one that taught him to swim, and the one who helped him find the strength to grow into this form.

The Water-Type stares at the Great Ball with apprehension; he knows that Pokemon can live freely in the wild, or at a human’s side as his companion, but that’s all his young life has taught him. Choosing to join you might be his initial instinct, but can a Trainer’s Pokemon be as free as a wild one?

Then, he remembers Vegeta. The Chespin, too, had evolved under your ownership. He was boisterous, insufferable and loud, but he was also the coolest Pokemon he’d ever seen. Marill can’t help but wonder if he can ever be half as strong as that – if one day he’ll be good enough to stand up to Dhelmise. Besides, what else is there if he declines your offer? He won’t go back to Sean, so the only option is to be left all alone again. Is unbound freedom worth it if there’s nobody around to share it with?

The Water-Type smiles and moves in closer. His tail rises and presses the central button on the Great Ball, allowing himself to be pulled inside in a beam of red light. The device shakes ever-so-slightly once… twice…. thrice… And clicks shut!

*Congratulations! You’ve caught a Level 18 Male Marill with EMs Camouflage and Muddy Water!*

“Yeah, it’s… probably for the best if you keep him,” admits Sean. You don’t have to like him, but at the very least it’s nice to see he’s grown a conscience. “I’ll see you around man. If you ever do come back, I hope you’ll see me in a new light then – maybe we can put this behind us. Well… got work to do.”

He retrieves his backpack and heads back to the more crowded part of the beach, leaving you alone by the shore. This is the end of a chapter, but you know your story is only just beginning!

((Your adventure is now over! Thanks for playing along, hope you had fun – I certainly did! You can start a new adventure in New Fizz City in your next reply by quoting a new starting area, or go to a different FB Zone in you prefer. Cheers!))

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

You’re right about a lot of things – among them, that Bud is indeed speechless. The lumbering man just stands there, looking more expressionless and vacant than the Rhyperior behind him. The Plant’s overseer is most definitely not a likeable man, but you can’t say you don’t understand him right now. After all, if there ever was one certainty in his life, it was that Terrence was the only man he could wholeheartedly trust.

“You don’t have to tell me to come,” says Terrence. “I won’t sell out my only friend, but I have to tell him in person that it’s over.”

He brushes past Bud as he walks out of the room, and the older man does not react. It’s as if he’s fallen into a catatonic state; it takes his Rhyperior’s vigorous and repeated taps on his shoulder to finally snap him out of it.

“Y-yeah. We should get going…”

Terrence takes the lead, defiant. He doesn’t attempt to throw sand in your eyes anymore or send you down the wrong path; instead, with determined steps, he makes his way over to sub-generator 6 just as you’d deduced. He stops briefly before the sliding door, eyes closed, and takes a deep breath. The door opens.

“Hey… listen, you… you have to stop running. It’s over,” he says, addressing the one inside.

Red metal glistens in the light emanated by the reactor. The small creature looks up at Terrence in confusion; you realize the culprit’s hands are in fact blades, and one of them stands dangerously close to one of the cables. Once it sees the five of you walk into the room, the
immediately assumes he’s been double-crossed by Terrence, and the confusion on its face turns to a hostile glare.

“This is… was my cousin’s partner, Pawniard. He was his only Pokémon and an invaluable repairman around these parts; not that you’d know, right Bud?” Terrence says, bitterly. And correctly, too. “Like I said, I’m not the only one who holds a grudge. But Pawniard, listen, we… we’ve been caught. It’s over. Bud won.”

The Steel-Type, however, is having none of it. His blade-arm grow to three times its original size, enveloped in violet energy, and with a single swipe, the Psycho Cut completely severs the bundle of cables that feed the sub-generator, and it shuts down immediately. This was a degree of damage that had never been inflicted before, you recall, with cables up to this point having been carefully, surgically cut to cause only minor damage. But right now, Pawniard is in a rage.

“N-no wait! We never agreed to shut anything down like that! That’s too much, stop!” pleas Terrence, but to no avail. The Pokemon, consumed by rage, lunges at Bud with a Fury Cutter filled with murderous intent! The old man just stands there, absent-mindedly watching death fly in his direction…

If you’re going to intervene, you have to do it now! Unless you prefer to let Bud deal with the consequences of his own actions…
This was bad. Really bad. Hugo questioned why he had gotten himself involved in this situation. Between Terrence and Bud, there was no hero or victim. Just two men who act before they think, not really caring what innocent people suffer from their own negligence.

Nevertheless, Hugo couldn’t let Bud have his head hacked off by the Pawniard. Not only was it morally wrong, but Hugo knew he could be implicated if he stood idly by without trying to stop it.

But even if he could neutralize the Pawniard threat, there had been significant damage done to the subgenerator. The massive severed cable lie on the ground, the backup catastrophe emergency light flashing bright red. What chain reactions had this already caused? Was the generator still functioning? Hugo didn’t know, but he did realize there was a massive, damaged livewire in front of them which could undoubtedly kill them all. He needed something to which he could direct the electricity. He needed a…lightning rod. Rhyperior. Rhyperior’s ability was Lightning Rod. He could handle the wire easily without any risk. But what about the Pawniard? Hugo knew he needed backup.

“BUD GET OUT OF THE WAY, YOU MORON!” Hugo shouted, pulling a Pokeball from his belt. “GO!” He tossed the ball at the ground, and in a flash of white light, Ponyta materialized in front of him. The fire horse snorted angrily, small flames shooting from her nostril. She could use her firepower to keep Pawniard at bay.

“PONYTA! STOP THE PAWNIARD! HIT IT WITH FLAMETHROWER! NOW! RHYPERIOR, GRAB THE LIVE WIRE! DON’T LET IT TOUCH ANYONE ELSE!”

He turned to Terrence.

“I HOPE YOU’RE SATISFIED!”

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
Ex-Admiral Insane:

No amount of inconspicuous behaviour can erase who you really are: not merely an officer of the Government, but the Government itself. And as such, when many would have turned their backs and actively avoided the situation up ahead, you are compelled to dig deeper, holding on to the absolute certainty that your companions will allow no harm to befall you.

The same, however, cannot be said of the woman you find when you turn the corner. Before you lies a girl in her twenties on the floor, a dark red puddle growing beneath her and spreading across the street. It doesn’t take a wealth of forensic knowledge to determine what happened, either, as a similarly-coloured stain spreads across her white blouse from a bullet wound in her chest. You only heard her scream once, because that was all the time she had – this woman has been shot dead, not in some dark alley or a shady corner of the Nightlife Row, but right in the vicinity of New Fizz’s main Plaza. Doom was right, unfortunately; something is very, very wrong here.

No more than a minute later, you hear sirens in the distance. Looking ahead you spot three Police cars approach the scene, haphazardly parking nearby and causing a mess in the already-significant traffic. Officers Jennies and Johnnies rush out of the cars and run towards you, nightsticks in hand and Growlithe in tow. It’s gonna hurt.

“STOP!!”

The elderly voice, commanding nonetheless, freezes the police in their tracks; even the dogs stop running, though they continue to growl in your direction. A small chubby man in his sixties, sporting a magnificent moustache, and sharply dressed in a brown three-piece-suit walks out of one of the cars, moving slowly as his joints demand. He walks past the officers and approaches the dead woman, horror plastered on his face.

“It gets worse by the day…” His voice is a whisper, a sigh of defeat. “Poor girl. I… I don’t know what to do anymore.”

He then looks up at you, and you can see him welling up, though he fights back any actual tears. After clearing his throat he holds out a hand, and you have to bend over ever-so-slightly to return the greeting.

“I’m unspeakably sorry you had to witness this… although perhaps it happened this way for a reason. It’s an honour to have you visiting our city, Elite Lucas, but we are going through some very troubling times…” His voice is trembling, and you realize that so is his hand. “I am the newly-appointed Mayor of New Fizz, Leopold Loffley – I don’t expect you to remember me, there was no grand ceremony to mark the occasion. But once Mayor Brown disappeared, I volunteered as a last-minute replacement, and well…”

He looks at the corpse again and shakes his head.

“At the rate these violent crimes continue to happen, I’m afraid we’re only a step away from becoming New Bedlam rather than New Fizz.” The man seems exceptionally straightforward about his own failures – can’t fault his honesty, at the very least. “Truth be told, criminality was already on the rise when Brown vanished, but it’s worse than ever nowadays. I’m embarrassed to ask this of you, especially since you aren’t even here on official business, but… may I request the direct help of Fizzytopia’s Elite?”
Lucas came to an abrupt halt. He had just turned the corner when he saw the prostate body of a woman in her twenties. A pool of dark liquid grew beneath her, and a bullet hole in her chest gave the reason for this. Lucas could only silently gawk for a moment, in shock at the temerity of the violent crime. Not just the brutality in and of itself, but the fact that this was done in daylight, near the city’s Main Plaza; a hubbub of urban activity with plenty a crowd and, thus, witnesses. Though he doubted anyone here would have seen anything. He was the closest in the area, and even he didn’t witness anything. Well, save for that flash from earlier. The firing gun perhaps?

Lucas kneeled a little closer to the corpse, hoping the woman to have still been alive. If so, perhaps he could stop the bleeding, or something. Anything. He held his hand over his mouth and nose as he neared and realised it was all too likely too late. ’Not again,’ he thought to himself. This wasn’t the first dead woman he had come across in his journeys. His first, and he hoped to be last, visit to Bedlam Ridge started with him and Rags coming across the corpse of a young woman. The idea that the exact same thing now happened in New Fizz City didn’t bode well. He for Arceus hoped New Fizz wasn’t becoming the new Bedlam. The region’s trainers could barely handle having one such city to counter, they couldn’t afford having another be thrown into chaos.

The young trainer stood up straight and looked back at the wailing cop cars closing in. He was a bit unsettled at the thought of them coming. It was for the best, but. Lucas was the only one near the vicinity as far as he could tell and the one found near the body. He almost considered running just in case but quickly pushed the thoughts away. That’ll only make things worse, and distract the police from pursuing the actual culprit. He exited the alleyway, standing at the entrance, arms slightly raised to indicate his compliance as best he could. Three police cars pulled up and a swarm of officers and Growlithe flooded the scene, nightsticks at the ready.

This wasn’t going well. Lucas did his best to hide a nervous gulp.

“STOP!!”

An elderly, but commanding voice boomed out over the sound of sirens and barking. Everyone seemed to freeze where they stood, even the Growlithe, and Lucas lowered his arms gently. A short, chubby man with a moustache to envy split himself form the crows to approach the scene of the crime. He mumbled some apology of sorts, displaying defeat in his voice, when he turns back to Lucas and seems to well up. He extended his hand to the trainer, for which Lucas awkwardly had to bend down to shake. The trainer wasn’t quite sure what was going on at first, but the short man quickly explained himself.

“I’m unspeakably sorry you had to witness this… although perhaps it happened this way for a reason. It’s an honour to have you visiting our city, Elite Lucas,”

Lucas felt embarrassingly stiff at the mention of his status. He didn’t expect to be recognised so easily, and hadn’t quite gotten used to the idea of it.

“but we are going through some very troubling times…” he continued. Lucas noticed his hand was shaking, and his voice distraught. “I am the newly-appointed Mayor of New Fizz, Leopold Loffley – I don’t expect you to remember me, there was no grand ceremony to mark the occasion. But once Mayor Brown disappeared, I volunteered as a last-minute replacement, and well…”

“Oh,” Lucas tried his best to respond, warmly if he could. “You’re right, I don’t remember you,” Lucas almost wanted to hit himself for saying that so abruptly, “but. I am grateful you took the position and are doing your best to run this city.” Let’s hope he managed to save face with that last sentence.

Mayor Loffley continued to explain; violent crimes had always been a staple of large cities, but New Fizz City appears to have had an increase in the recent past, starting when their former mayor Brown vanished. Leopold made the same comparison to Bedlam Ridge Lucas had made earlier. If something wasn’t to be done, well- Lucas preferred not mulling too long over such thoughts. The mayor was rather straightforward with his facts, and his requests. He faced Lucas, and with slight embarrassment of having to ask, requested Lucas help as an Elite.

Lucas was taken aback by the request, figuratively and literally as he took a step back, his instincts having suddenly switched to flight mode. He recomposed himself, gave uhm, and pulled a pensive face as he pondered the idea. Quickly thereafter, he gave his first thought on the matter.

“I suppose,” he started with a sigh, “that am bound by duty to help regardless.” He had pondered the situation enough. As much as he’d like to help, he preferred leaving the skilled work to the experts. In other words-

“But,” he continued, “I’m not a detective or a forensic investigator. I’d think it best your own police take the lead on this case, obviously. I’ll only be jumping in to help where I can.” ’Which won’t be much, he finished the thought in his head. He had hoped he could lessen the mayor’s expectations of him. Truth be told, Lucas wasn’t even quite sure what he was doing.

“So I suppose in light of this, I should ask first, what is it you want me to do exactly?” He eyed the corpse and officers for a moment. Detective or not, Lucas was interested in uncovering a few details of the murder. Was the woman robbed? Was she facing her murderer? Do the signs point to a premeditated or opportunistic act? Perhaps he could ask the officers if necessary, but that’ll come later.

Reaction score
OkikuMew:
The scene is horrifying for everyone, but particularly so in Corsola’s case, seeing the remnants of countless others of her kin floating all around her. But mourning will have to come later – if you don’t act quickly, the boat will be overrun by famished Mareanie, and all of you might end up like those Corsola!

“Damn it… come on girl, let’s get to work!”

You briefly assume Hank is talking to you, but soon realize he’s addressing his girl: Awilda takes flight and swoops down, swallowing as many Mareanie as she can in her gullet and tossing them back into the ocean. Lucette, too, is quick on the uptake and begins to attempt hypnotism on as many enemies as she can. As the technique mandates eye contact, she fials to put many of them to sleep, but much to your relief, your Feebas is not the only one you can rely on.

Corsola, overwhelmed by a need to avenge those of her kind, will not let their sacrifice be in vain – unleashing a wave of Psychic power much stronger than you would’ve expected, she lifts an impressive number of Mareanie in the air at the same time, before scattering them around as far away from the boat as possible!

Even Hank is helping out in person, delivering powerful kicks to any invaders still left aboard the Hank Tank and forcibly tossing them out, and before you know it, you successfully managed to thwart the invasion. To make sure it doesn’t happen again, Catalina surrounds the boat with floating rocks, which follow the ship’s movements rather than impede its progress. When the defensive circle is complete, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

*Corsola gained 3 Levels!*

*Lucette gained 3 Levels!*

*Catalina gained 2 Levels!*

“Well, we… ugh… we did it,” says Hank, his voice strangely tense and less enthusiastic as you’ve grown used to. The man is clearly in pain. “I… I might’ve screwed up though…”

As you look over to the fisherman, you see him clutching his foot. Blood is trickling down the side of it, and you quickly piece everything together: in trying to kick the Mareanie off the boat, Hank must’ve stabbed his foot on one of their poisonous protrusions…

“Well lass… I don’t suppose ya got anything on hand that’ll help me out?” he says weakly, but smiling. “Y’know, ‘cause, no disrespect, but Mélina Tank just ain’t got the same ring to it…”

Having cracked the joke, Hank collapses on the boat, and all of a sudden, you’re thrown into another do-or-die situation. Quite literally in Hank’s case…
On cue, Hank and Awilda also got to work and joined the fight against the invading horde of Mareanie. The Pelipper, taking advantage of her new form, swooped down in the water to catch some tentacled Pokémon into her gullet to then spit it back out away from the boat, while Hank supported Mélina’s oar-slapping action with some well-placed kicks.

Looking over how her Pokémon were managing, she groaned in frustration at her mistake as Lucette tried mostly failed to Hypnotize Brutal Star Pokémon, just realizing she needed eye contact with them, while they had more eyes for the boat. Clenching her teeth, she turned her attention to her Corsola. The trainer’s worried expression then slowly turned into one of amazement: the sweet, gentle and nervous coral was not the same. Fearlessly and skillfully, the pink Pokémon tossed away from the boat so much more Mareanie her trainer ever thought she could, especially for just learning that ability not long ago. The Corsola tossed her body around to direct in which direction the poison types would be tossed back into the ocean, in such dexterity that she looked as if doing an elegant dance.

“Olivia...” Mélina murmured with a smile, hit by the inspiration of what should be Corsola’s name.

As the newly-named Olivia removed the last of the Mareanie and Catalina scattered spiked rocks around the boat, Mélina dropped her oar and collapsed yet again on her seat, panting heavily.

“Well, we… ugh… we did it,” Hank mumbled, just as stressed as the girl, but also sounding as if holding himself from yelling or crying in pain. “I… I might’ve screwed up though…”

Mélina’s face tensed up and drained of all color as she noticed the old sailor’s foot, bleeding quite a bit, and likely poisoned due to Mareanie’s nature. She quickly closed her mouth to try not to scream, but it only intensified the salty, copper taste in her mouth, though she wasn’t bleeding herself.

“Well lass…” the man cracked a smile despite his voice becoming weaker, “I don’t suppose ya got anything on hand that’ll help me out? Y’know, ‘cause, no disrespect, but Mélina Tank just ain’t got the same ring to it…”

Right there and then, Hank fainted on the floor.

After a few moments of silence as the situation sank in her mind, Mélina rapid-fired French and English expletives, holding her head with one hand and clutching her own foot with the other.

“Not now not now not now not now not now-”

While squealing and crying in panic, she nearly pounced on her backpack and started emptying it out furiously.

“Why à shop y’avait pas d’Antidotes when there’s a Mareanie outbreak!?” she yelled in frustration, trying to at least keep her mind away from her personal problem and to concentrate on the more pressing matter.

Finally, she pulled out of her bag her small first aid kit, one of the Fresh Water bottles, and one of the few Casteliacones she had (and surprisingly stayed intact for all the time she had them). She didn’t know if the latter items would work on a human, yet alone an unconscious one, but she had to try.

Slowly, she slid down her bench and sat beside the fisherman. “Hank, can you hear me?” She shook his shoulder a little, then growled as he did not answer nor moved. Although with difficulty due to his weight, she did her best to place him on his back comfortably. After pushing his head up, pulling his chin down and check if he was still breathing, she propping up his leg with the injured foot. Slowly and carefully, she removed his boot, while making sure his sock doesn’t follow. She bit her bottom lip as she uncomfortably glanced at his wound.

“Uuuuuuuuuuuuh Ok ok ok ok ok, gotta do this…”

She opened the bottle and trinkled the Fresh Water on the gash, cleaning it as much as she could without touching it. Afterwards, she stared at the Casteliacone, conflicted. Those are supposed to be eaten to heal your typical Pokémon status conditions, but with Hank unconscious, it would be dangerous to shove it in his mouth. Only thing she could think of would be to put it in the wound, but of the little she remembered of her first-aid training back at her work, putting things in injuries is generally a bad idea. She didn’t seem to have much choice at the moment though... So she took a deep breath before smearing the healing ice cream on the wound, followed by a grimace at the sight of the blood mixing with the white dessert. After using the Casteliacone completely, Mélina pulled a roll of sterile gauze and started wrapping it around the sailor’s foot, hoping it will help absorb and eventually stop the bleeding.

As it all unfold, Lucette, Catalina and Olivia watched over from the ocean, feeling a bit helpless… although the Corsola would also look around time to time, paranoid that her predators would strike again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Olivia's level goes from 17 to 20!

Lucette's level goes from 26 to 29!

Catalina's level goes from 31 to 33!

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

Despite your dislike for both men, death by decapitation is not something you wish upon them. If nothing else, because the police would be on your tail afterwards.

Thinking quickly, you send out your Ponyta to intercept Pawniard in mid-air, hoping you’re fast enough. The fire horse materializes and immediately tracks the target with its eyes, before letting out a jet stream of flames that hits the Steel-Type from the side and veers his flight off-course! Bud doesn’t even flinch, even when Pawniard passes inches away from his neck before colliding against the room wall.

“Thank god,” you hear Terrence whisper. He may have been blinded by his anger, but he’s no murderer.

Rhyperior follows your instructions without hesitation, completely unafraid of the high voltage cables lying severed on the ground. Casually, he picks up both ends and holds them high overhead, ensuring electricity doesn’t spread to anyone else present. However, the rhyno can’t address the main issue.

“Sub-generator 6 feeds the Business District of New Fizz – Municipal Plaza, Knowledge Square… we can’t leave those sections in the dark,” says Terrence; clearly, causing this degree of damage was never his intention. “I know how to fix it, but… I can’t do it by myself.”

His eyes are firmly locked on Bud, who continues to display nothing but absolute apathy. You get his message – Terrence and Bud are skilled enough to restore power to the generator, but only if they work together.

“Bud, please… I can’t do this without your help. I want to redeem myself, but… You’re still the best electrician in the world. And this Plant… she’s still your girl, isn’t she?”

The large man blinks, lost in thought. He finally takes a deep breath, retrieves a pair of huge rubber gloves from his pockets and puts them on.

“I guess… I GUESS YOU’RE RIGHT, YOU GODDAMN TRAITOR! I AM THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT I DO!” he suddenly yells, motivation somewhat restored. “I DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR REDEMPTION YOU LITTLE SHIT, BUT I AIN’T LEAVING MY BABY GIRL IN PAIN LIKE THIS!”

Terrence smiles and nods, then puts on his own set of rubber gloves. The two approach Rhyperior and begin to assess the damage done to the cables, finally working as a team.

Pawniard, meanwhile, seems to have recovered. He rises back to his feet and looks on as Terrence, his Trainer’s avenger, and Bud, the human responsible for his death, seem to have joined forces. You can read the Steel-Type’s emotions clear as day on his face: confusion, betrayal, fury, sadness. He thought he could trust Terrence to enact revenge on Bud, but as it turns out, he is just another conniving human who can’t be trusted… All Pawniard wanted was to avenge the death of his master, but here he is now, with no allies left. Doing justice falls on his shoulders…

Violet light envelops his arms again, as Pawniard charges another Psycho Cut. The energy blades glimmer and hum, flickering ominously. But for some reason, the Pokemon doesn’t attack, even though his two real targets have their backs turned to him. It would be so simple, a clean swipe, if only Ponyta wasn’t in the way…

And yet, he hesitates. What will you do?

Ex-Admiral Insane:

The Mayor runs a hand through his glorious moustache, visibly relieved that you agree to help, in whatever capacity. It seems he places the highest of hopes in you, even if you are mostly unsure of how on earth you could help out in such a terrible mess. You’re neither a detective nor a policeman, after all. What you do have are a very particular set of skills, skills you have acquired over a very long career.

Loffley clears his throat before speaking. The hesitation in his voice conveys a feeling of shame over not being able to provide more details.

“Well, you see… I haven’t been on the job long enough to know anything in depth, I’m afraid. But I know someone who can provide the necessary clarifications,” he says before approaching one of the officers. “Commissioner Morton, could you come here for a moment?”

The man walks over with a frown on his face. His grizzly hair gives away his age, despite his athletic physique, and his light gray eyes reveal a mixture of tiredness and frustration. Judging by the way he looks at you, he either doesn’t know or simply doesn’t care who you really are.

“Commissioner, this is Lucas of the Elite Three,” explains the Mayor. Morton’s expression doesn’t change one bit. “I was hoping you could explain what happened, what’s been going on lately, and the reason for it, so he can try and be of assistance to us. Please, do everything he asks – from now on he is your de facto superior as long as he agrees to be on the case.”

The Commissioner nods rigidly before pointing to the corpse.

“Dead woman. Third this month. Shot.” After that, he falls silent, and you have to admit that, in a way, he did answer all three of the Mayor’s questions, though perhaps not how you would have liked…

“W-well Commissioner, I was hoping you could… hum, be somewhat more specific so that Lucas could…”

“With a bullet.”

With that, he turns around and returns to the crime scene to oversee his unit’s work. Loffley rolls his eyes before looking at the ground, defeated; you can’t help but feel sorry for the man, who clearly cares a great deal about his city even though he’s only been in charge for a very short while. A poisoned gift for sure…

You won’t be able to dive deeper into the case unless you can somehow breach Commissioner Morton’s ice-cold shell. Can you get him to cooperate?

OkikuMew:

Logic dictates that a Casteliacone should be consumed to be effective; then again, logic also dictates that ice-cream shouldn’t last intact for around half a decade, and yet here we are.

Stumped for alternatives, you quickly go to work to prevent the venom from spreading by cleaning the wound as efficiently as you can, and then splashing the magical ice cream all over the stab mark. Hank is pale and unresponsive, but after a minute or so, you see the blood stop flowing and – although it could be just your imagination – some colour return to the man’s face!

It will take a bit longer to see any improvements on a man that big, but at the very least, it seems you’ve managed to stop the poison from spreading to the rest of his body! Still, until Hank comes back to, it falls on you to lead the Tank towards its intended destination – the alternative being, of course, staying put and waiting for those Mareanie to invade again.

Awilda flies overhead, motioning with her head to let you know there seems to be something of interest up ahead. The problem, as it is, is getting there now that the owner of the Tank is out cold…

The sea is now calm and there are no signs of activity nearby – no waves forming in the horizon, and no trace of movement around the boat. It seems you have a window of opportunity to make some progress, even though you’re not sure where you should be headed – the trick is finding a way to get the Tank moving where you want it to go without Hank to steer it.

Well Mélina, any plans?

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

Despite your dislike for both men, death by decapitation is not something you wish upon them. If nothing else, because the police would be on your tail afterwards.

Thinking quickly, you send out your Ponyta to intercept Pawniard in mid-air, hoping you’re fast enough. The fire horse materializes and immediately tracks the target with its eyes, before letting out a jet stream of flames that hits the Steel-Type from the side and veers his flight off-course! Bud doesn’t even flinch, even when Pawniard passes inches away from his neck before colliding against the room wall.

“Thank god,” you hear Terrence whisper. He may have been blinded by his anger, but he’s no murderer.

Rhyperior follows your instructions without hesitation, completely unafraid of the high voltage cables lying severed on the ground. Casually, he picks up both ends and holds them high overhead, ensuring electricity doesn’t spread to anyone else present. However, the rhyno can’t address the main issue.

“Sub-generator 6 feeds the Business District of New Fizz – Municipal Plaza, Knowledge Square… we can’t leave those sections in the dark,” says Terrence; clearly, causing this degree of damage was never his intention. “I know how to fix it, but… I can’t do it by myself.”

His eyes are firmly locked on Bud, who continues to display nothing but absolute apathy. You get his message – Terrence and Bud are skilled enough to restore power to the generator, but only if they work together.

“Bud, please… I can’t do this without your help. I want to redeem myself, but… You’re still the best electrician in the world. And this Plant… she’s still your girl, isn’t she?”

The large man blinks, lost in thought. He finally takes a deep breath, retrieves a pair of huge rubber gloves from his pockets and puts them on.

“I guess… I GUESS YOU’RE RIGHT, YOU GODDAMN TRAITOR! I AM THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT I DO!” he suddenly yells, motivation somewhat restored. “I DON’T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR REDEMPTION YOU LITTLE SHIT, BUT I AIN’T LEAVING MY BABY GIRL IN PAIN LIKE THIS!”

Terrence smiles and nods, then puts on his own set of rubber gloves. The two approach Rhyperior and begin to assess the damage done to the cables, finally working as a team.

Pawniard, meanwhile, seems to have recovered. He rises back to his feet and looks on as Terrence, his Trainer’s avenger, and Bud, the human responsible for his death, seem to have joined forces. You can read the Steel-Type’s emotions clear as day on his face: confusion, betrayal, fury, sadness. He thought he could trust Terrence to enact revenge on Bud, but as it turns out, he is just another conniving human who can’t be trusted… All Pawniard wanted was to avenge the death of his master, but here he is now, with no allies left. Doing justice falls on his shoulders…

Violet light envelops his arms again, as Pawniard charges another Psycho Cut. The energy blades glimmer and hum, flickering ominously. But for some reason, the Pokemon doesn’t attack, even though his two real targets have their backs turned to him. It would be so simple, a clean swipe, if only Ponyta wasn’t in the way…

And yet, he hesitates. What will you do?
They were at a standstill. Hugo locked eyes with the Pawniard, who was primed to attack, but Ponyta stood between them, digging her hooves into the floor and ready to send the Pawniard into retreat with another blast of flame. Hugo needed to protect Terrence or Bud…but wait, did he really?

Hugo considered the situation. He could step aside and let the Pawniard take out the two men right now and be on his way. When he decided to swing by the Power Plant, he certainly didn’t think he would get dragged into this soap opera. And these two men were certainly anything but heroes. Bud was a hot-tempered egomaniac who needed to be put in check and his own negligence was responsible for an innocent man’s death. And then there was Terrence. Sure, he was acting out of grief, but he put an entire city at risk with his idiotic revenge plan. And then acted surprise when things took a turn for the worst. And he almost groveled at Bud’s feet for forgiveness, making all his efforts in vain. Pathetic. Hugo was disgusted with both of them. He wanted them to fix the cable and restore power to the city, but beyond that, he could completely relate to Pawniard’s desire to retaliate against them. In fact, he wished for the same thing.

So as the old saying goes: “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Hugo looked over his shoulder and saw Bud and Terrence, deeply involved in repairing the cable, paying little attention to anything else. When Hugo was sure that they wouldn’t hear him, he turned back to the Pawniard.

“Alright, I want you to listen to me,” he said in a low voice. “You have two options. You can continue your crusade as is, but you know that I can’t let you do that. By damaging the subgenerator, you’re putting the lives of thousands of innocent people at risk. I know you’re angry and feel betrayed about what happened to your partner, but hurting people who had nothing to do with it make you no better than these two. And with Ponyta and Rhyperior in your way, you have to realize that the chances of your success are extremely low.”

Hugo looked over his shoulder again cautiously, to assure he wasn’t being heard by the Bud and Terrence.

“But you have another option. Let them fix the cable and restore power to the city. And then once we know that there won’t be any collateral damage, I will help you exact your revenge on these two.”

Ponyta cocked it’s head to look at Hugo with surprise. Rhyperior, who was listening, grinned deviously.

“These two are a menace to the city and everyone who lives there. We’re lucky that their incompetence hasn’t gotten us all killed. They have no business being in any position of power, and they should be held accountable for what happened to your partner. So I will help you get rid of them, but only if no one else gets hurt in the process. You may be wondering how you can trust me, but think about it. If I didn’t really want to help you, I could have Ponyta melt you down right here and now. But I’m not. So let’s work together.

What do you say?”

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

Despite having been dragged into this feud unwillingly, you now find yourself sympathizing with the one actually responsible for the blackouts - in the end, Pawniard has been a victim of circumstance and over-inflated egos, and it's hard not to feel sorry for the little guy.

However, you decide to take it a step further - not only sympathizing with his pain, but choosing to actively help Pawniard enact his much-needed revenge - even if Terrence and Bud seem to have had a change of heart at the end of this ordeal.

The blade-wielding creature stares at you unblinking, as if looking for the slightest hint of betrayal in the works. After all, he has every right to be suspicious of humans, all things considered. If Ponyta's presence is in any way an added incentive, however, it's hard to tell - the little Steel-Type seems mostly disinterested in the fire horse, either due to a complete disregard for his own well being or a deep-seated conviction of the superiority of his own strength. Whatever the reason, all he seems fixated on is your proposal, much more so than your veiled threat.

Terrence and Bud continue to work on the cable, uniting wires and applying non-conductive tape where applicable, going at it mostly in silence but displaying a somewhat astounding synchrony. Power will be restored in no time if they can keep up the pace - could their differences eventually become water under the bridge?

Finally, after a long moment of quiet contemplation, Pawniard steps forward. You may not speak the same language, but clearly his curiosity has been peaked. It seems you've been able to strike a deal, or at the very least allow Pawniard to entertain the notion. You have to be careful with how you proceed, however, because if the Steel-Type changes his mind about the arrangement, Ponyta might not be fast enough to block a blade to your throat...

Reaction score
OkikuMew:
Logic dictates that a Casteliacone should be consumed to be effective; then again, logic also dictates that ice-cream shouldn’t last intact for around half a decade, and yet here we are.

Stumped for alternatives, you quickly go to work to prevent the venom from spreading by cleaning the wound as efficiently as you can, and then splashing the magical ice cream all over the stab mark. Hank is pale and unresponsive, but after a minute or so, you see the blood stop flowing and – although it could be just your imagination – some colour return to the man’s face!

It will take a bit longer to see any improvements on a man that big, but at the very least, it seems you’ve managed to stop the poison from spreading to the rest of his body! Still, until Hank comes back to, it falls on you to lead the Tank towards its intended destination – the alternative being, of course, staying put and waiting for those Mareanie to invade again.

Awilda flies overhead, motioning with her head to let you know there seems to be something of interest up ahead. The problem, as it is, is getting there now that the owner of the Tank is out cold…

The sea is now calm and there are no signs of activity nearby – no waves forming in the horizon, and no trace of movement around the boat. It seems you have a window of opportunity to make some progress, even though you’re not sure where you should be headed – the trick is finding a way to get the Tank moving where you want it to go without Hank to steer it.

Well Mélina, any plans?
Mélina cringed in worry as she stared at Hank, in the hopes her first aid at least helped, and that he would wake up any time soon. Although he hasn’t regained consciousness, his breathing stabilised, his bleeding stopped, and the color of his skin seemed to be not as pale as it was. The woman let out a loud grunt for relief.

While letting herself calm down a little, she hurriedly grabbed her phone and looked at its screen, quickly followed by grunting again, this time in exasperation. “Of course, no signal.” With the idea of contacting emergencies literally out of reach, Mélina asked Catalina to keep an eye on their captain as she watched the surroundings and collected her thoughts. The ocean was now eerily quiet and calm, with only the old boat’s rocking and usual metallic cricks and cracks filling the void. No strange waves present, no other noises, no other movement, and most importantly, no Mareanie in sight.

After a few deep breaths, the trainer first debated if they should retreat back to the New Fizz's docks or not. Even though Hank's situation was stabilised, he still needed medical attention soon to not get any permanent repercussion. However, she is no sea navigator, and with not much of visual points of reference during their trip (other than that reef they saw earlier), there was no way for her to know where to go. Therefore, she can't safely backtrack without a chance of getting lost at sea. On that thought, she realized that it isn't the only thing she can't do without Hank: start and move the Tank. She remembered how he started its engine and held its helm, but she also remembered how both tasks took a lot of muscle to do, even for a veteran sailor on his own boat. Her lazy office-trained body could definitely not match his strength. That said, she knew they couldn't stay here much longer: the Mareanie now knew of their location, and many more could arrive at any minute. So, they had to move… but how?

Humming, Mélina walked around the boat, checked on its general shape and whatever equipment they have on board, especially ropes. She then looked at her Pokémon, Catalina, Lucette and Olivia, one by one. Perhaps… they could push the boat? It seemed like to be her only viable option. As heavy as the boat is though, she probably going to need some backup… so she pulled out and threw two Pokéballs.

“Indy and Dratini, I need your help!”

With flashes of lights, a Woobat and, well, a Dratini, appeared at Mélina’s side.

“Everyone,” she called, “regroup for a little team meeting!”

After waiting for Olivia and Lucette to join on board, their trainer started their assembly. She first did the introductions between her Pokémon that haven't met each other yet, followed by asking the Corsola how she felt to be named ‘Olivia’. As the coral Pokémon danced in delight of being integrated with her human so quickly and accepted the name, Mélina resumed the little conference on the more serious and pressing matter: the Hank Tank.

“Soooooo the captain of the boat is out cold,” she pointed to Hank, still on the floor, “so we need to get this boat moving on our own. Olivia, Lucette, Dratini: I would like you three to be in the back of the boat and use Surf to push the boat forward! Careful on the strength and size of the wave though, as we only want to push the boat, not flip it upside down or waterlog it! Also, do try to push evenly to make it advance as straight as possible. Dratini,” she patted on her little dragon’s head, “I know it's your first big job since you have hatched, so perhaps you should be in the middle to let your two teammates balance things out. At the very worse,” she then turned to her Minior and Woobat, “Catalina and Indy, would you mind pulling the boat? I’ll tie both of you to the front with ropes, and you will simply fly ahead and steer by pulling in whatever direction we need to go. You can help moving the boat, but try to keep most of your energy for turning. Sounds good, everyone? You know what to do?”

All Pokémon nodded and gave a little shout in agreement.

“Ok, let's get to it then! Oh, and keep an eye out for anything suspicious, especially Mareanie!”

After tying up Catalina and Indy to the bow of the Hank Tank (as much as she could, she only knows very basic knots) and checking on the Surfing team behind, Mélina felt confident on finally going away from this place. But… to where? She got so busy thinking of a plan on how to move the ship, she didn't even think of which direction they should go! Mumbling and staring at the horizon nervously, she noticed something flying overhead.

“...Awilda!” the girl slapped her forehead. “I should've thought of you!”

The Pelipper appeared to be motioning to come, probably seeing something up ahead.

“Seems like we got somewhere to go now,” the woman smiled before starting to shout and pointing at the ocean bird. “Everyone, let's go! Follow Awilda!”

After overseeing the work of her Pokémon and verifying the boat's movements, Mélina returned to Hank's side. A floor isn't very comfortable, and he isn't fully out of danger… but she'll do the best to keep him out of more trouble and assist him in any way she can.

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

Despite having been dragged into this feud unwillingly, you now find yourself sympathizing with the one actually responsible for the blackouts - in the end, Pawniard has been a victim of circumstance and over-inflated egos, and it's hard not to feel sorry for the little guy.

However, you decide to take it a step further - not only sympathizing with his pain, but choosing to actively help Pawniard enact his much-needed revenge - even if Terrence and Bud seem to have had a change of heart at the end of this ordeal.

The blade-wielding creature stares at you unblinking, as if looking for the slightest hint of betrayal in the works. After all, he has every right to be suspicious of humans, all things considered. If Ponyta's presence is in any way an added incentive, however, it's hard to tell - the little Steel-Type seems mostly disinterested in the fire horse, either due to a complete disregard for his own well being or a deep-seated conviction of the superiority of his own strength. Whatever the reason, all he seems fixated on is your proposal, much more so than your veiled threat.

Terrence and Bud continue to work on the cable, uniting wires and applying non-conductive tape where applicable, going at it mostly in silence but displaying a somewhat astounding synchrony. Power will be restored in no time if they can keep up the pace - could their differences eventually become water under the bridge?

Finally, after a long moment of quiet contemplation, Pawniard steps forward. You may not speak the same language, but clearly his curiosity has been peaked. It seems you've been able to strike a deal, or at the very least allow Pawniard to entertain the notion. You have to be careful with how you proceed, however, because if the Steel-Type changes his mind about the arrangement, Ponyta might not be fast enough to block a blade to your throat...
Hugo had to choose his words with the diligence that a tightrope walker crosses the wire. He was sincere in his proposal to Pawniard; he knew that Pawniard was a victim of circumstance and, while Terrence was apologetic, he still should have known better. Pokemon should be treated with dignity and respect, that was something Hugo truly believed, but should they be held to the same moral standing of humans? It was ironic. These powerful beings were able to control seemingly all facets of reality, and yet humans viewed themselves as the superior creatures. But Pokemon didn’t have a universal code of law; humans did. Humans have decided to hold themselves to a certain moral standard, and as such, Terrence should have known better and, since he chose to act recklessly, he must be punished.

And Bud. Has he even shown any remorse? Hardly at best, none at worst. It was hard for Hugo to find any sympathy for him.

He looked into the eyes of the Pawniard, the orange shining out from under his helmet-like crest.

“So we’ll make a deal, but under two conditions. First, you don’t damage any more of the Power Plant. The innocent people of this city will not suffer. And second…and this one you may not like…but no one dies. These two deserve to be punished, that’s for sure. But you cannot kill or paralyze them. Neither of us want to have to live with that for the rest of our lives. Your partner died senselessly and eats you up inside. These two, as foolish as they have acted, they have partners too who would be just as broken up as you are. And I know deep down, you don’t want to carry that around with you. No amount of pain will make up for what you’ve lost. Going too far will only make you feel worse, I promise you that.

So if you want to work together, that’s what you can’t do. Now for what you can do…well, I think the two of us can have some fun. You want them to hurt? They will hurt. But you need to decide now, because they’re going to be finished any second.”

Reaction score
OkikuMew:

You go through your options – muscling your way forward not being one of them – and settle on summoning your entire team to help out. It’s probably for the best too, since none of them individually would probably make much of a difference as far as sheer force is concerned, but you come up with a nifty little idea that might just put their joint efforts to good use!

Your three water-bound companions nod and jump back in the water and towards the back end of the Tank, prepared to raise the necessary waves with appropriate restraint (except maybe for Dratini, who is really going to have to put in the effort to summon even some tiny ripples!) Catalina and Indy, in turn, float to the front of the boat attached by ropes, ready to serve as a very unorthodox twin-headed steering wheel of sorts. Unconventional as all the setup might be though, you soon find the boat starts to move again, wobbling precariously but mercifully not tipping over, and before you know it, you are on your way after Awilda, who leads the way further up ahead!

*Indy, Catalina, Olivia, Lucette and Dratini gain 2 Levels!*

After a while of chasing after the Pelliper, finally you spot something up ahead as well. The water, for some reason, becomes noticeably lighter in a large circular area only a further bit up ahead, like a huge underwater light blue circle. However, as you come close enough to inspect the strange finding, you realize in horror what is producing this change in the ocean’s color…

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

It’s a literal swarm of Toxapex, all bundled together like a roman phalanx’s testudo formation! Your heart skips a beat as you imagine the catastrophic consequences of the Hank Tank being attacked by such a massive amount of creatures, and not simply Mareanie this time around, but rather their evolved forms! However, as the boat reaches the area where the Toxapex lie below, it becomes clear that these Pokemon are not at all hostile like their unevolved counterparts from before, but rather completely apathetic, all floating with the current’s movements at the same time, like a living armour concealing something beneath. The more you look at their coordinated motions, the stranger their hive-mind behaviour seems to be, as if all the Toxapex in Fizzytopia’s ocean had been brainwashed and recruited to guard this one spot…

What on earth is going on here? And what do you plan on doing now?!

King Ghidorah:

You never liked Bud to begin with, and it’s not hard to see why. But Terrence you trusted, if only for a period, and he tricked you. You harbour understandable resentment for both men, and if only for that, you want to hurt them. But more importantly, it’s their disregard for innocent lives – however they wound up regretting it – that drives you to extend such an unexpected offer to Pawniard. The Steel-Type seems to resonate with your intentions, enough to stop his rampage… but when you add that second, critical condition, you catch a clear glimpse of fury glowing in his eyes. Have you failed in your negotiation?!

“Not killing” seems to be the point of contention. And you do understand why Pawniard would seek this ultimate revenge, why he would like nothing more than to give Bud the same fate he inadvertently brought upon the Steel-Type’s partner. But as much as you, too, want to see the two men squirm and suffer for what they did, murder is where you draw the line. Where does Pawniard draw his?

You then notice the critter’s eyes are no longer on you. They look beyond you, to the two men with their backs turned and gloved hands on the cables, expertly working in unison to fix them. A slight tilt of the blade-arm catches your eye, and you fully expect Pawniard to dart past you at lightning speed to stab Bud in the back at this point. Bud’s Rhyperior, meanwhile, is glaring straight back at the ironclad warrior while holding up the cable bundle – the colossus will hardly be caught off-guard with a frontal assault.

All things considered, Pawniard finally relents, drops his head and nods lightly. It seems he has decided to play along with your terms – some manner of revenge still tastes better than none at all.

It’s time to set things in motion, if you’re determined to go down this path…

↑ & ↓ & ↻
Reaction score
Serverus Snope:

Slowking continues to stare in silence as you struggle to adjust to the impromptu battling conditions. Abra seems to have full control of the battlefield, clearly exhibiting a prodigious psychic aptitude – after all, it is extremely unusual to find a wild Abra with such an elaborate repertoire… Is this even fair competition?

The waves of violet energy move relentlessly across the domed field, zooming in on Meringue alarmingly fast. Fortunately, your Togepi knows what could possibly be the only technique that could save it – an emerald sphere envelops your partner, forming in the blink of an eye, causing the energy rings to vanish harmlessly on collision!

Taking a proper look at Slowking is difficult through the Psychic Terrain barrier, but you can see him nod as Meringue barely makes it, in what you assume is a sign of approval. And when you make your next move, it’s clear that your hopefully-future mentor leans forward a bit, his curiosity peaked by your choice of strategy.

Your young partner courageously steps forward, realizing the importance of not letting you down at such a critical juncture, and raises its stubby little arms with determination. Slowly, light gathers at the tips, and Meringue begins to wave them rhythmically. It is then that, through the corner of your eye, you see Slowking shake his head…

When Meringue stops, a small swirl of Embers escape from the Togepi’s hands, flying lazily towards Abra’s position. Well, Abra’s previous position that is; looking over, the Psychic-Type is nowhere in sight! It is way too late when you realize what has happened…

Materializing out of thin air directly behind Meringue, Abra has just Teleported to the most critical position it could have chosen… It then claps its hands once more, and with horror, you witness the point-blank, Terrain-boosted Psywaves crash into Meringue’s back; your partner is sent flying all the way to the other side of the dome, and confirming your deepest fears… it does not get back up. Meringue has fainted!

The Terrain dissolves, and you can now see your surroundings clearly once again. More importantly, you can see him.

Slowly, hands behind his back, Slowking walks over to you and the gasping Abra. Clearly, the battle was absolutely exhausting for your opponent; it wanted to win just as much as you, but there was a clear gap in strength and psychic proficiency between Abra and your Togepi…

“I see,” the wise creature says mentally. “I expected… more.”

The dry, blunt delivery feels like a rusty arrow to your heart.

“Young Abra, your potential is remarkable. To the best of my ability, I will see that it flourishes,” decides Slowking, to your dismay.

“When you ordered your companion to use Metronome, human,” he goes on, now speaking directly to you, “I hoped it was due to a gift to predict the future. In the end, it was no more than desperation.”

He walks up to you and holds your hand with one of his own, placing the other on your suppressive bracelet.

“With these, you are nothing. Without them, you are dangerous. Either way, there is much work you need to do before I train you – I can help shape the clay, but you must be the one to provide it; right now, all you can give me to work with is dirt.”

He stops for a moment, pondering on his own words, before smiling faintly.

“I sense another nearby not unlike you. Considerable potential, intentionally restrained. Afraid to remove the chains. But perhaps together…”

He draws something with his foot on the floor. A crude drawing of a flame.

“Find the source of this fire that burns with frustration by your own means, and return to me together. It is not far at all,” Slowking finally declares. “Your second and last chance depends on this.”
Seeing Meringue left motionless from such a strong beam… Hearing Slowking’s disapproving words echo through his head over, and over, and over again… Makoto felt himself falling apart. And now he was approaching him to split that last support beam holding himself together.

“I am nothing.” His thoughts mimicked Slowking’s criticism. “I am dangerous. All I can give… All that I am… is dirt…” The tears welled in his eyes. He hid his face in shame, contemplating fleeing so he would no longer disgrace the wise pokemon with his presence. But he needed one last look at Slowking’s inevitably disappointed face to drill in that he wasn’t welcome here or anywhere else. He parted his fingers…

…Why was Slowking smiling?

Makoto listened to Slowking’s description of “another” being. It seemed like he was suggesting a pokemon. The flame he drew suggested something with supernatural power. Or maybe the flame was purely symbolic, serving as a representation of this being’s frustration… and perhaps a light to ward off the creeping darkness threatening to drown him in fear and despair. Regardless, finding this flame was his only option. But before he could begin, he moved over to Meringue to cradle the unconscious pokemon in his arms.

“…W-Will I… erm… need to battle this… ‘other?’” He stuttered, his posture shrunken as usual, “Meringue is… fainted… u-unconscious…”

Reaction score
King Ghidorah:

You never liked Bud to begin with, and it’s not hard to see why. But Terrence you trusted, if only for a period, and he tricked you. You harbour understandable resentment for both men, and if only for that, you want to hurt them. But more importantly, it’s their disregard for innocent lives – however they wound up regretting it – that drives you to extend such an unexpected offer to Pawniard. The Steel-Type seems to resonate with your intentions, enough to stop his rampage… but when you add that second, critical condition, you catch a clear glimpse of fury glowing in his eyes. Have you failed in your negotiation?!

“Not killing” seems to be the point of contention. And you do understand why Pawniard would seek this ultimate revenge, why he would like nothing more than to give Bud the same fate he inadvertently brought upon the Steel-Type’s partner. But as much as you, too, want to see the two men squirm and suffer for what they did, murder is where you draw the line. Where does Pawniard draw his?

You then notice the critter’s eyes are no longer on you. They look beyond you, to the two men with their backs turned and gloved hands on the cables, expertly working in unison to fix them. A slight tilt of the blade-arm catches your eye, and you fully expect Pawniard to dart past you at lightning speed to stab Bud in the back at this point. Bud’s Rhyperior, meanwhile, is glaring straight back at the ironclad warrior while holding up the cable bundle – the colossus will hardly be caught off-guard with a frontal assault.

All things considered, Pawniard finally relents, drops his head and nods lightly. It seems he has decided to play along with your terms – some manner of revenge still tastes better than none at all.

It’s time to set things in motion, if you’re determined to go down this path…
A wash of relief comes over Hugo, having seemingly won this Mexican standoff, and bringing Pawniard over to his side. Hugo noticed Pawniard looking past him, a bit of resignation in his eyes. That’s when Hugo realized that Bud’s Rhyperior was standing guard, keeping tabs on everything that was going on. Having gotten caught up in emotion, Hugo had almost forgotten about him and he certainly wasn’t about to let anyone try to pull any funny business in his Power Plant.

But what that Rhyperior didn’t realize was that while he was staring down Pawniard, there was another set of eyes sizing him up, belonging to Hugo’s own Rhyperior. And Hugo’s Rhyperior was still pissed that he didn’t get to put his rival in his place earlier and show once and for all that he was the Alpha among the rock rhinos here. He was shuddering with rage, clutching the large cable in his massive stone hands.

Very slowly, Hugo turned and backed up, now standing alongside Pawniard. Ponyta nervously joined them, a bit surprised at the turn of events, but she trusted Hugo and his judgment and hoped he wouldn’t get her killed. All of three of them now face-to-face with Bud’s Rhyperior. Each second felt like an hour as they played this game of chicken. Someone would have to make the first move, and time was running out. Bud and Terrence had to be nearly finished by this point.

“Wait for it…” Hugo muttered slowly. “Not yet.”

Being on the defensive was not an option.

Hugo had to attack first.

Bud and Terrence were almost finished.

The opposing Rhyperior was about to blow.

When to make the move?!

Was it now?!

Rhyperior glanced at Hugo with urgency.

NOW!

“RHYPERIOR! USE ICE BEAM!”

Hugo looked down at Pawniard.

“GO! NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!”

Reaction score
OkikuMew:

You go through your options – muscling your way forward not being one of them – and settle on summoning your entire team to help out. It’s probably for the best too, since none of them individually would probably make much of a difference as far as sheer force is concerned, but you come up with a nifty little idea that might just put their joint efforts to good use!

Your three water-bound companions nod and jump back in the water and towards the back end of the Tank, prepared to raise the necessary waves with appropriate restraint (except maybe for Dratini, who is really going to have to put in the effort to summon even some tiny ripples!) Catalina and Indy, in turn, float to the front of the boat attached by ropes, ready to serve as a very unorthodox twin-headed steering wheel of sorts. Unconventional as all the setup might be though, you soon find the boat starts to move again, wobbling precariously but mercifully not tipping over, and before you know it, you are on your way after Awilda, who leads the way further up ahead!

*Indy, Catalina, Olivia, Lucette and Dratini gain 2 Levels!*

After a while of chasing after the Pelliper, finally you spot something up ahead as well. The water, for some reason, becomes noticeably lighter in a large circular area only a further bit up ahead, like a huge underwater light blue circle. However, as you come close enough to inspect the strange finding, you realize in horror what is producing this change in the ocean’s color…

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

”Tox…”

It’s a literal swarm of Toxapex, all bundled together like a roman phalanx’s testudo formation! Your heart skips a beat as you imagine the catastrophic consequences of the Hank Tank being attacked by such a massive amount of creatures, and not simply Mareanie this time around, but rather their evolved forms! However, as the boat reaches the area where the Toxapex lie below, it becomes clear that these Pokemon are not at all hostile like their unevolved counterparts from before, but rather completely apathetic, all floating with the current’s movements at the same time, like a living armour concealing something beneath. The more you look at their coordinated motions, the stranger their hive-mind behaviour seems to be, as if all the Toxapex in Fizzytopia’s ocean had been brainwashed and recruited to guard this one spot…

What on earth is going on here? And what do you plan on doing now?!
To her delight, the Hank Tank started moving quite well with everyone’s forces put together!

“Way to go guys!” she cheered. “Keep going!”

As they make their way towards Awilda, Mélina spotted something on the horizon: a circle of lighter-colored water. Even adjusting her glasses and squinting didn't help seeing what exactly it was. As the boat approached it though, her eyes grew wide.

“Stop!” she yelled. “Stop it now!”

Dratini, Olivia, Lucette immediately ceased creating waves, while Catalina and Indy flew backwards with all their might. Just in time, the ship slowed down and eventually stopped before they hit the spot in the sea. Mélina sighed in relief, but quickly turned to cringing in worry, staring at the strangeness before them.

“Oh hell no… Toxapex…! Everybody stand at ready!”

The strange circle revealed to be a cluster of Mareanie’s evolution, as if creating an enormous shell or that turtle formation ancient Romans loved to use. The trainer's first worry was for them to invade in the same way their younger counterparts did earlier, hence her defensive orders, but surprisingly, none of them seemed to mind their presence. In fact, they all had a very blank look on their faces, and other than following the ups and downs of the sea’s waves, none were even moving.

“...The hell is going on?” Mélina tilted her head, perplexed and getting more weirded out the more she watched the brainwashed water Pokémon. “What are they are trying to do here?”

No matter how she looked at them, none of the them acted on her movements, nor showed any hint of what they were doing exactly. Only thing she obviously figured was they were protecting something under them. But what is it? And for what reason? She had to find out… somehow.

Putting her thinking cap back on, the trainer paced around the boat, pinching her chin. As much as she found the mental image of bowling balling into group of Toxapex pins just like in comics hilarious, there was too many arguments against the idea; she had no magic potion to make everyone strong enough to fight against the evolved creatures, didn't want to risk breaking whatever they're defending, and didn't see the point of being violent when they haven't been violent themselves. She could ask Olivia to pull off that amazing Psychic she used earlier again to lift them up, but she worried that would provoke them to fight back, even if the move wasn't used to harm. She needed to find a non-offensive way to reveal what they were hiding, a way to see under that surface…

“Under the surface…” Mélina thought aloud as she mindlessly looked at the Hank Tank’s equipment, before something caught her eye and her fingers slipped off her chin. “That's it!” Her gaze has met with her own backpack on the floor, with the Devon diving device slightly sticking out between the opened zippers. “We could dive in to see what's under them!”

Her small celebration came quickly to a stop though as she realized that plan had some downsides too: she would have to leave both Hank and his boat unattended. It would have been not a problem if the old sailor was at least conscious, but he was still knocked out. Should she wait for him to get back to his senses? Although it would be in a way safer, there's no way to tell when he will. It could take hours, and she didn't want to stick around in the middle of the sea at night.

“Seems like it's the only thing we can do for now.”

Dashing into the boat's cabin as only form of privacy, she quickly changed herself. After getting out with her brand new diving suit on and her usual clothes in hand, she then pulled her 6th and last Pokéball on her belt and let out her Espeon.

“Gather around everyone, you too Awilda!” she asked, then waited for her Corsola, Feebas, Dratini, Minior and Woobat along with Hank's Pelliper to get near her and Soleil before sharing her plan. “Olivia and Lucette, you guys come with me to Dive under that Toxapex dome. I don't know what's waiting for us there, so… be alert. Indy, Catalina, Dratini and Soleil, protect Hank and the Tank while we're gone. Act defensively as much as possible; only attack if being attacked first. You can scout around too, but make sure you don't lose sight of the boat at all times; it isn't the time to get lost at sea. If ever Hank wakes up while I'm gone, show him my t-shirt,” she playfully threw it in their general direction, which comically landed and clinged on one of Catalina's points, “he'll likely understand where I've gone to. Show him also the three Fresh Water bottles I'll be leaving on board just in case; he can use them whenever he sees fit. If something really bad happens and absolutely need me though,” she looked at her dragon Pokémon, “swim in and reach me. Hopefully I won't be too far...”

“Awilda...” the trainer paused, in thought. “Well I ain't Hank, so I can't really tell you what to do,” she flashed a sheepish grin. “But I do hope you continue to help us out, whenever staying around the boat and Hank to protect them or join me underwater. Anyways, is everything clear? Everyone knows what they're doing?”

All the Pokémon nodded. With that, Mélina strapped in the Devon Scuba Gear, and along with Lucette in her hands and Olivia on her side, leap out of the Hank Tank and into the sea...

Reaction score
Serverus Snope:

Slowking looks down at you clutching Meringue in your arms. This time, he does not smile.

"This is a consequence of battle, is it not? An outcome you must learn to handle." With that, he raises a hand in goodbye; his eyes glow blue, and both Slowking and Abra vanish, leaving you all alone with your fainted partner.

Clearly, the one you hope will be your mentor is not going to make things easy for you. You reckon he hasn't gone far, since he has agreed to give you a second chance, but no doubt finding him again will be part of the test in the near future. For now, you're tasked with finding this other soul whose "fire burns with frustration"... But where to even begin?!

You look around, finding nothing of note on the beach. The occasional Wingull flies overhead, the sea lazily bathes the sand in a back and forth motion, and there seems to be nobody around to disturb this peace. Then why do you feel a lingering sense of anguish? Is it just because of your recent defeat, or... something else? Maybe the suppressing bracelets prevent you from finding the true answer, but you can't shake off the feeling that this is somebody else's suffering you're feeling. But how could you possibly establish such a link with someone you've never even met?...

Then, you see it. It lasts only a fraction of a second, but you're sure you saw it: a flash of orange light just behind a collection of boulders to your left. You head towards it, having nowhere else to go at this point, and once you make a turn around the stone, you see the beach has become a battlefield for a very uneven clash.

Three Krabby look rattled, snapping their pincers together in warning. Smoke rises from the ground between them, as if a bomb has just gone off, alarming them. Across the group is the apparent culprit, the creature responsible for irritating these Krabby: embers dancing around its golden fur, a
stares defiantly at the three Water-Type opponents, as if to show them it's not afraid. But this is quite clearly a reckless behaviour, and logic dictates if anybody is going to get hurt, it won't be the Krabby...

Should you intervene?

King Ghidorah:

It seems as though confrontation is inevitable if Pawniard is to have his revenge. Bud's Rhyperior is looking, but so is yours, and the stalemate can only end one way. After all, Bud and Terrence are almost done.

When you can no longer bide your time, you finally shout your instructions. After that, everything happens at once, and almost too fast to register: Rhyperior spins in place and shoots a beam of freezing energy straight at his rival; Bud's partner retaliates with the same move, and the two ice chains entwine and explode in a swirl of mist and snowflakes. Amidst the haze, the red soldier charges forth with blades glowing purple. Bud and Terrence, startled, barely have enough time to turn around - Pawniard has already closed in on his prey. And then you realize that, despite your precautions, negotiating with a revenge-fueled creature is nothing more than an invitation to a web of loopholes and dead-ends.

Crimson liquid splatters the ground, the cables and Pawniard's blades. He kept his promise, but...

You'd seen this scene play out before in that one movie, but there was a lot less blood then. Maybe because the glowing sword that caused the grievous wound also cauterized it, but this is not the case - Bud's right hand and Terrence's left one have been cut clean off, and the two are on their knees, yelling in pain, while the red pool beneath them gets larger.

Pawniard turns around and faces you with a look of eerie tranquility, his yellow eyes reflecting an unsettling inner peace. He needed that more than anything in the world, and you helped provide it. What happens to the two men, however, is none of Pawniard's concern - you both kept your end of the bargain.

A roar suddenly feels the room, filled by the ear-splitting sound of a power drill piercing a brick wall. You're not wrong in the comparison: looking away from Pawniard and towards the source of the noise, you see Bud's Rhyperior overwhelmed by rage ramming his Horn Drill into your own rhyno's chest, rock splinters flying everwhere. Your partner tumbles forward, clutching his chest, and the berserker then turns his attention to you, eyes red with mad fury for what you did to his lifelong companion...

OkikuMew:

At this point, if you want to get to the bottom of this whole problem - the reason why all those Mareanie have been ravaging Corsola reefs with way more violence than their natural feeding instincts should lead them to - your only option is to investigate this Toxapex dome. Unfortunately, that means you'll have to divide your team into an exploration team and a defensive line to stay behind protect Hank and the boat. Awilda nods as you explain your plan, but simply remains flying in circles above the Tank - she doesn't want to leave her Trainer unattended, which is understandable. As such, it's up to you in your Devon scuba gear, Olivia the Corsola and Lucette the Feebas to approach the underwater dome...

Courageously, you leap off the Hank Tank and dive down, instructing your companions to do the same, and swim your way down towards the apathetic Toxapex. They seemed much closer on the surface, but as you keep going, you realize the dome is not only massive, it is also very, very deep. Thank Arceus for Devon's quality gear...

You initial plan is to swim under the Toxapex formation, but as you finally draw in close, you realize it might actually not be possible. As it turns out, the Poison-Type creatures haven't simply formed a sphere floating aimlessly in the depths of the ocean - they have created a shield that rests anchored on the seabed! Your feet touch the sandy ground as you reach the bottom of the ocean, Lucette and Olivia following with little difficulty. The Toxapex dome is only a few feet ahead, resembling a swarm of bees balling around their queen. The question is: is there a "queen", or anything else worthwhile, hiding beneath this gathering of Toxapex? And do you have any plans to breach this formation without causing a calamity?...

Reaction score
OkikuMew:

At this point, if you want to get to the bottom of this whole problem - the reason why all those Mareanie have been ravaging Corsola reefs with way more violence than their natural feeding instincts should lead them to - your only option is to investigate this Toxapex dome. Unfortunately, that means you'll have to divide your team into an exploration team and a defensive line to stay behind protect Hank and the boat. Awilda nods as you explain your plan, but simply remains flying in circles above the Tank - she doesn't want to leave her Trainer unattended, which is understandable. As such, it's up to you in your Devon scuba gear, Olivia the Corsola and Lucette the Feebas to approach the underwater dome...

Courageously, you leap off the Hank Tank and dive down, instructing your companions to do the same, and swim your way down towards the apathetic Toxapex. They seemed much closer on the surface, but as you keep going, you realize the dome is not only massive, it is also very, very deep. Thank Arceus for Devon's quality gear...

You initial plan is to swim under the Toxapex formation, but as you finally draw in close, you realize it might actually not be possible. As it turns out, the Poison-Type creatures haven't simply formed a sphere floating aimlessly in the depths of the ocean - they have created a shield that rests anchored on the seabed! Your feet touch the sandy ground as you reach the bottom of the ocean, Lucette and Olivia following with little difficulty. The Toxapex dome is only a few feet ahead, resembling a swarm of bees balling around their queen. The question is: is there a "queen", or anything else worthwhile, hiding beneath this gathering of Toxapex? And do you have any plans to breach this formation without causing a calamity?...
“Awwwww crap.”

Mélina couldn’t help but mutter that out of her mouth, along with bubbles of air, as she witnessed the whole shell the Toxapex created: it was less of a dome and more of a… mushroom-shaped structure? Anyway, she had hoped there would be open area underneath them, but instead it revealed a chain of more Brutal Star Pokémon, linking between the floor and a sphere of more of them protecting… whatever it is.

“Oye oye oye, what the heck are they doing...” she thought. Her curiosity on what they were protecting grew, betting that whatever it is, there’s a good chance it is the source of their strange behavior.

As she along with Olivia and Lucette reached the sand-filled sea floor, the trainer became completely lost in thought, staring at the clump of poison Pokémon. She had to see and know what’s inside but.. how? As she figured before, being on the offensive wasn’t an option. Having Olivia attract them to move have crossed her mind, but there’s no way she’ll put the poor Corsola into such danger.

The only idea she was able to think about at the moment was crazy… but perhaps it was crazy enough to work.

Mélina pulled out her waterproof backpack and pulled out most of the healing items she had - a Blue Flute, a Castelia Cone, a Sweet Heart cookie, even her only Revive. After secured them all in one arm, she started approaching the Toxapex hoard. Shocked at her apparent foolishness, her Corsola and Lucette swam in front of her frantically, blocking her path, worried that she’ll only end up getting herself hurt, just like Olivia’s herd and Hank. Their trainer looked at each of their eyes and nodded with a resolute look, trying to convey without a word that she would be fine, and they should trust her. That said, as a precaution, Mélina started gesturing instructions to them with her free hand: she first pointed at the Toxapex then gently punched her chest, followed by pointing at the Corsola then moved her hands in mysterious-like circle patterns, and finally pointing at the Feebas then opened and closed her hands in front of her eyes. In other words, she tried to convey them that if ever the Toxapex tried to attack her, they should use Psychic and Hypnosis respectively to protect her. Although they still had worried expressions, the two water types moved back behind their trainer, and let her follow her plan.

After getting almost within arms’ reach to the Toxapex, Mélina waved at them, as gently and as non-threatening as possible, to catch their attention. She then presented the items in her hands.

“I’m not here to hurt, I’m here to understand. Can...” out of breath, she put her tube of air back in her mouth and breathed for a moment, before continuing, “...can I look and see what you’re protecting? I’ll do what I can to help you."