• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

New Fizz City: The Metropolitan Zone

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
9
Sinistea Patisserie

Lilbluecorsola:
The innocuous tea party had taken a sinister turn with the entrance of three uninvited guests. The macabre mobsters have its trembling host ringfenced and while this enough to elicit some maternal protection on Blueberry’s part – an intervention in her shrunk state is about as impactful as her namesake. Mimi meanwhile readies to unleash her own personal brand of hell on the bullies, Patty able to tug her back to her senses as she hatches a more tactful retaliation. The Disguise Pokemon reluctantly obliges, shadowy limbs recoiling and instead conjuring up a Voodoo doll with an uncanny resemblance to the Gengar, topped with its signature fedora.

Patty prizes the plush with a waxy paw before vanishing on the spot, recombobulating in the thick of the ghoulish gangsters. The foes are given no time to process the Ally Switch as the Candle Pokemon’s bluish flame goes off like a flashbang, emitting a point blank Confuse Ray! This is enough to spur the befuddled enemies into a blind fit of retaliation, their Payback hitting about everyone but their desired target. The three erupt into a cartoonish ball of violence with kicks and punches flying every which way. With mischief sufficiently managed the voodoo doll is deployed, making its way around the scrum like a loose sock in a tumble dryer.

'Yeeeooow!' The Gengar yelps, a result of punching himself in the gut. While shouldering some crossfire, Patty burns up a cloud of Smoke as a Screen for her escape.

'This way!' Sinistea squeaks amidst the distraction, making a beeline for the kitchen. With the slightly rattled Litwick oozing through the fracas the group are quickly accounted for and out of harm’s way, the teacup giving the kitchen door a psionic slam for good measure.

'That won’t hold ‘em for long, then they’re gunna be real mad!' Sinistea remarked, illustrative eyes darting about frantically. While the puddle to the mortal world appears active, the chipped cup seems hesitant to take it.

'I’m not sure I can close the gate in time… if we go now, they might follow us into the human world…' Its teeny mind appears to be ticking at overtime, swirling essence clouded in doubt.


'You should go ahead,' they decide finally, 'It’s me they’re after.' It was a valiant gesture, but the fragile poltergeist would be pulverized facing them alone. While easy enough to accept their sacrifice (after all, they couldn’t exactly die twice) with a few minutes to spare and a kitchen stocked with all sorts of potential tricks and traps, perhaps there was another way to scare off the ghoulish gangsters. What will you do?

Celadon Prefecture

Maskerade:
With the guise of a head injury you begin probing the Kantonian for clues about your whereabouts, or whenabouts. The elder seems dumfounded, face contorting with each question.

“Year?! You must have hit your head hard boy, it’s 1909!” he sighs, setting the table with teacups and easing into a seat as he contemplates the days gone by.

“These are strange times to be alive... I never would have imagined living to witness our feudal era collapse with a new emperor rising to create an industrialised nation state, unafraid of colonisation from the west.” He spat with his last word, likely not privy to your Galarian heritage. “The feudal lords answer to the emperor now, but they are as cruel as before. All except for the lord of Celadon – he has a soft heart and cares more for his people than war or power.” There was a sense of pride in his voice now, which seems to just as quickly taper off into despair.

“The other lords do not believe he has the conviction to realise the emperor’s vision. If the warlord of Saffron marches on our village, they must mean to bring him to heel. Whether his men plan to kill our great leader or simply capture him, I cannot say-” The tea maker is silenced as the steady drumbeat of foot soldiers sends your teacup to a wobble. Then comes the war cry of men and ‘mon. What starts as faint murmurs becomes an all-encompassing ruckus, a cacophony of cannonballs and colossal Pokemon. Loose dust begins to seep from cracks in the ceiling and even with the shutters tight, the acrid smell of gunpowder envelops your nasal cavities. The sounds of war were closing in, and yet it seemed the armies would pay little mind to the quaint refuge.

The earth continues to shake for some time still, the invaders moving in with little resistance – their numbers too great to stir either of you from hiding. A sudden whir nearly knocks the aged proprietor from his seat, the kettle coming to boil. As quick as it had come the cacophony drops to a deadly silence, the rhythmic marching replaced with the weary moans of fallen victims. Perhaps you had waited out the storm for long enough, what will you do?


Cape Effervescence

SpinyShell: With your best offense doing little to subdue the gnarly cnidarian, it seems there’s no escaping this crushing demise. A resounding creek cuts through the ocean hum as the ship’s stern edges closer, enveloping your dive crew in shadow. There was just one glimmer of hope left, shining through the rust of a shattered anchor which was wrestling for sweet freedom. Inches from a watery grave your party spring into action, Atla setting any doubt aside as she unfastens the steering wheel and pitches it ahead.

Limestone elongates for the catch, both hands reeling back like a trebuchet before catapulting it at the wayward seaweed. Without any eyes or ears to speak of, the entity appears to sense its missing half hurtling inbound; the sea tangle wraps around the wheel in mid-air, using its momentum to free its anchor from the seabed and unveil its finished form; with its sole compass blinking to life the Dhelmise spares no time in taking aim on your crazed captor, stealing her attention with a decisive Anchor Shot.

That’s enough folly from you, young madam!


Who- who are you?

I happen to be the captain of this fine vessel – and I must kindly ask this harlequinade cease and desist!

Wha- You’re the captain? So this is all your fault?!

Balderdash! It was a sea monster that fated her untimely demise, though she put up quite the fight I’ll have you know – now if you wouldn’t mind, my crew and I have a course to return to, so kindly hand over the ship so I may make the necessary repairs!


You’re going fix- no- you’re NEVER getting this ship back! I’ve waited too long for my revenge!

What ensues is a psionic tug of war between the two Poltergeists, the colossal dreadnaught rocking to and thro as each tried to claim ownership with equal conviction. Neither were about to let up, although the outcome made no difference to Atla who didn’t seem intent on sticking around.

“C’mon Sil– now’s our chance!” the diver wasn’t wrong; with the lost souls of the forgotten shipwreck locked in fierce combat, they would pay little mind if your party were to slip away. She scoops up her weary web spinner in preparation for a quick ascent, although it comes to realisation that with the two incapacitated comes an opportunity to get through to them, perhaps helping them wrong this right. Will you bring your mediation skills back into play, or leave the spectres to squabble for an eternity?
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

Despite Edogawa's state, his Pokemon still provide a formidable challenge. More importantly, this isn't simply a friendly sparring match - the lives of two Farfetch'd are on the line, and while the prospect didn't seem too terrible at first, given how badly you wanted to help out the chef, that idea is now intolerable. Not only have you formed some sort of bond with the birds after releasing them from captivity, Edogawa himself proved incapable of holding on to his resolve, giving in to his inner demons once more despite your efforts to help him get back on his feet. Simply put... he doesn't deserve it.

The fight has been dragging on for a while, especially for Feraligatr - who had to fight the Farfetch'd duo before engaging Edogawa's Snorlax. Fatigue has started to set in, but you realize you can use it to your advantage! At your command, the Water-Type lunges at Snorlax, flailing about with his clawed arms, striking seemingly at random but easily connecting against the bear's ample frame. Fueled by a burning fighting spirit that only grew more intense under the hardships of the back-to-back battles, Feraligatr pummels Snorlax mercilessly, the latter much too slow to block or dodge the incoming strikes!

Meanwhile, Tyrantrum, stumbling slightly due to the nauseating effects of the poison running through his veins as well as the venom shower's debilitating effects, attempts to even the odds somewhat. Cracking it like a whip, Tyrantrum snaps his massive tail in the air, causing Muk to instinctively flinch at the sound. But is it enough to balance the scales?...

"Ya think... Ya think that is enough to... Ugh!"

Suddenly, a loud thump is heard, and Edogawa falls silent. Looking in his direction, you see the Galarian gentleman, who had himself been knocked out up until moments ago, holding on to the Berry bag and standing over the unconscious chef.

"Well, he was becoming quite insufferable," the food critic says with a coy smile, even if he is visibly struggling to catch his breath after swinging the heavy bag. "Go on, do finish the job!"

As if on cue, Feraligatr and Tyrantrum join forces, rushing at the opponents simultaneously and unleashing a violent barrage of strikes with their claws, tails and fangs, in a terrifying display of power. When their rage subsides, Snorlax and Muk lay on the ground motionless, trampled by the draconic pair and completely out cold, much like their Trainer!

*Tyrantrum gained 4 Levels!*
*Feraligatr gained 4 Levels!*


The Galarian gentleman looks at the battlefield, then at you. He nods rigidly, but clearly enough that you can see it even in the faint light of the breaking dawn.

"I... suppose you saw reason at the last moment. Or, should I say... you saw this man for what he truly is - beyond redemption." The food critic clears his throat, noticeably choosing his words carefully. "I believe... hm, yes, a sort of apology might be in order. I might have... misinterpreted your intentions. Am I right to assume that, rather than the culinary fraud, it was the hopeless drunkard you intended to aid? If so, I... suppose that is commendable. Pity - if he'd been able to break away from his vice, with your help, he... well I dare say he might have become a decent Kantonian chef."

He finally stops talking, thank Arceus, and points to the two birds only now beginning to regain consciousness.

"I believe you are not done with them. For the sake of chivalry, I will remove myself from the premises and ignore the barbarian act of violence they inflicted upon me." He bows respectfully and begins to walk away, dragging the Berry bag with visible difficulty. "I suppose I should return these, too."

As he ever-so-slowly walks away, you turn your attention to the Farfetch'd. Their attention is not on you, however, but instead one another. Leeks raised high, their eyes sparkle with fighting spirit, and perhaps a hint of resentment toward one another - their brief companionship over, they now seem to blame one another for their collective loss against you, and are more than ready to let their weapons speak for themselves.

Will you intervene?
(because you probably should at this point, if we're being honest)
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
King Ghidorah:

Despite Edogawa's state, his Pokemon still provide a formidable challenge. More importantly, this isn't simply a friendly sparring match - the lives of two Farfetch'd are on the line, and while the prospect didn't seem too terrible at first, given how badly you wanted to help out the chef, that idea is now intolerable. Not only have you formed some sort of bond with the birds after releasing them from captivity, Edogawa himself proved incapable of holding on to his resolve, giving in to his inner demons once more despite your efforts to help him get back on his feet. Simply put... he doesn't deserve it.

The fight has been dragging on for a while, especially for Feraligatr - who had to fight the Farfetch'd duo before engaging Edogawa's Snorlax. Fatigue has started to set in, but you realize you can use it to your advantage! At your command, the Water-Type lunges at Snorlax, flailing about with his clawed arms, striking seemingly at random but easily connecting against the bear's ample frame. Fueled by a burning fighting spirit that only grew more intense under the hardships of the back-to-back battles, Feraligatr pummels Snorlax mercilessly, the latter much too slow to block or dodge the incoming strikes!

Meanwhile, Tyrantrum, stumbling slightly due to the nauseating effects of the poison running through his veins as well as the venom shower's debilitating effects, attempts to even the odds somewhat. Cracking it like a whip, Tyrantrum snaps his massive tail in the air, causing Muk to instinctively flinch at the sound. But is it enough to balance the scales?...

"Ya think... Ya think that is enough to... Ugh!"

Suddenly, a loud thump is heard, and Edogawa falls silent. Looking in his direction, you see the Galarian gentleman, who had himself been knocked out up until moments ago, holding on to the Berry bag and standing over the unconscious chef.

"Well, he was becoming quite insufferable," the food critic says with a coy smile, even if he is visibly struggling to catch his breath after swinging the heavy bag. "Go on, do finish the job!"

As if on cue, Feraligatr and Tyrantrum join forces, rushing at the opponents simultaneously and unleashing a violent barrage of strikes with their claws, tails and fangs, in a terrifying display of power. When their rage subsides, Snorlax and Muk lay on the ground motionless, trampled by the draconic pair and completely out cold, much like their Trainer!

*Tyrantrum gained 4 Levels!*
*Feraligatr gained 4 Levels!*


The Galarian gentleman looks at the battlefield, then at you. He nods rigidly, but clearly enough that you can see it even in the faint light of the breaking dawn.

"I... suppose you saw reason at the last moment. Or, should I say... you saw this man for what he truly is - beyond redemption." The food critic clears his throat, noticeably choosing his words carefully. "I believe... hm, yes, a sort of apology might be in order. I might have... misinterpreted your intentions. Am I right to assume that, rather than the culinary fraud, it was the hopeless drunkard you intended to aid? If so, I... suppose that is commendable. Pity - if he'd been able to break away from his vice, with your help, he... well I dare say he might have become a decent Kantonian chef."

He finally stops talking, thank Arceus, and points to the two birds only now beginning to regain consciousness.

"I believe you are not done with them. For the sake of chivalry, I will remove myself from the premises and ignore the barbarian act of violence they inflicted upon me." He bows respectfully and begins to walk away, dragging the Berry bag with visible difficulty. "I suppose I should return these, too."

As he ever-so-slowly walks away, you turn your attention to the Farfetch'd. Their attention is not on you, however, but instead one another. Leeks raised high, their eyes sparkle with fighting spirit, and perhaps a hint of resentment toward one another - their brief companionship over, they now seem to blame one another for their collective loss against you, and are more than ready to let their weapons speak for themselves.

Will you intervene?
(because you probably should at this point, if we're being honest)
Well, that certainly was an unexpected turn events. Going into this, Hugo never would have thought that he would have been fighting with Edogawa and siding with the obnoxious critic. Okay, well, fighting with Edogawa wasn’t that surprising. Despite Hugo’s wish to help him, it turns out that the alcohol wasn’t making him a bad person; he was a bad person to begin with, the alcohol simply exacerbating the issue. But Hugo never would have thought he would be defending – and being defended by – the overly verbose Galarian. But that’s what makes life interesting, right? No person is all good or all bad, and we’re certainly not always who we appear to be at first.

But with that out of the way, Hugo still had the dueling ducks to deal with. Despite their begrudged respect for each other that they had demonstrated in their interactions with the non-Hugo humans, they were back at each other’s throats. It was clear to Hugo that this would go on in perpetuity until one – or both – of them was dead. That is, if they were left to their own devices. Hugo promised the Farfetch’d dealer that he wouldn’t go after the birds, but the birds came back to him. He couldn’t take them both with him; they would continue to try to tear each other apart, and generally just be a huge pain in Hugo’s ass. He would need to separate them.

Gingerly, he stepped over Edogawa, still snoozing soundly next to his likewise-unconscious lard monster and pile of sludge. Feraligatr and Tyrantrum followed. The lizards were exhausted, but could still hang in there for a bit if needed. Truthfully, Hugo planned to use them only for emphasis.

They approached the Farfetch’d duo, who barely noticed them. That is until Tyrantrum let out a fiercesome roar. That got their attention.

“Alright, listen up,” Hugo said. “This needs to stop. Whatever it is between you two that is driving you to act like this, you need to move past it. But it doesn’t seem like that’s something you’re going to be capable of handling on your own. So, that’s where I come in. You’re both fierce competitors. I could certainly use one of you on my team. But only one of you, because I don’t have time to be washing the blood off leeks and feathers regularly. Whoever comes with us can expect a lot of adventures and training, refining our craft to be the very best (like no one ever was). Whichever does not come, I am more than confident that you will be to hold your own place in the world, just as you have so far.

So, which of you will it be?”
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
5
Sinistea Patisserie

Lilbluecorsola:
The innocuous tea party had taken a sinister turn with the entrance of three uninvited guests. The macabre mobsters have its trembling host ringfenced and while this enough to elicit some maternal protection on Blueberry’s part – an intervention in her shrunk state is about as impactful as her namesake. Mimi meanwhile readies to unleash her own personal brand of hell on the bullies, Patty able to tug her back to her senses as she hatches a more tactful retaliation. The Disguise Pokemon reluctantly obliges, shadowy limbs recoiling and instead conjuring up a Voodoo doll with an uncanny resemblance to the Gengar, topped with its signature fedora.

Patty prizes the plush with a waxy paw before vanishing on the spot, recombobulating in the thick of the ghoulish gangsters. The foes are given no time to process the Ally Switch as the Candle Pokemon’s bluish flame goes off like a flashbang, emitting a point blank Confuse Ray! This is enough to spur the befuddled enemies into a blind fit of retaliation, their Payback hitting about everyone but their desired target. The three erupt into a cartoonish ball of violence with kicks and punches flying every which way. With mischief sufficiently managed the voodoo doll is deployed, making its way around the scrum like a loose sock in a tumble dryer.

'Yeeeooow!' The Gengar yelps, a result of punching himself in the gut. While shouldering some crossfire, Patty burns up a cloud of Smoke as a Screen for her escape.

'This way!' Sinistea squeaks amidst the distraction, making a beeline for the kitchen. With the slightly rattled Litwick oozing through the fracas the group are quickly accounted for and out of harm’s way, the teacup giving the kitchen door a psionic slam for good measure.

'That won’t hold ‘em for long, then they’re gunna be real mad!' Sinistea remarked, illustrative eyes darting about frantically. While the puddle to the mortal world appears active, the chipped cup seems hesitant to take it.

'I’m not sure I can close the gate in time… if we go now, they might follow us into the human world…' Its teeny mind appears to be ticking at overtime, swirling essence clouded in doubt.


'You should go ahead,' they decide finally, 'It’s me they’re after.' It was a valiant gesture, but the fragile poltergeist would be pulverized facing them alone. While easy enough to accept their sacrifice (after all, they couldn’t exactly die twice) with a few minutes to spare and a kitchen stocked with all sorts of potential tricks and traps, perhaps there was another way to scare off the ghoulish gangsters. What will you do?
With Gengar's duplicate doll in hand, Patty prepared to set her plan in motion as she popped suddenly into Sinistea's place, leaving the confused crooks no time to react before blasting them with a burst of disorienting light. Half-blinded by brightness, the baffled ghouls bumbled their way around in desperate search of their target, striking everywhere in a frenzied rage but at the actual culprit. Patty smirked as she set the fedora-wearing figure free, letting it bounce about like a pinball amidst the cartoon cloud of punches and kicks.

"Yeeeooow!" Gengar yowled as he socked himself straight in the stomach, which the candle took as her cue to make haste and escape. Nodding to her companions from across the room, they heeded the signal to temporarily stop their breath as smog billowed forth from her flame, filling the air with a thick blackness. Hearing Sinistea squeak out, she followed the sound to the safety of the kitchen, ducking and weaving between the continued chaos. Though she ended up bumped a bit here and there, thankfully she wasn't too bruised by the time she made it through the doorway, which Sinistea slammed firmly behind her (more to keep the smoke from spreading than any measure of effectiveness against incorporeal intruders).

The trio took a quick breather to sigh in relief, before glancing frantically about for further options. The puddle portal on the floor shimmered invitingly to indicate it was still available, yet the cautious cup seemed wary to trust the stability of its own creation - or rather its rate of destruction.

"I’m not sure I can close the gate in time… If we go now, they might follow us into the human world…" The flustered mug rattled as it racked its thoughts for a solution. ...After mulling for a moment, it resolutely made up its mind and turned to its companions with conviction. "You should go ahead. It’s me they’re after."

Despite the look of determination on its face, Patty could tell the teacup was trembling in terror at the idea of facing three huge scary thugs alone. Before she could say anything though, Mimi shook her head and put her foot down first.

"No. Leave. Friend. We. Play. Together. We. Stay. Together. And. Fight. Together."

Patty smiled at her little sister's surprisingly strong sense of loyalty, nodding in agreement.

"She's right, we're not going anywhere. We'll figure out a way to beat these guys, don't worry. We just need to come up with a strategy..."

Scanning the surroundings, an idea began to formulate, inspired by a film she watched with her family during Christmas once. While she hadn't been too impressed by it back then, her younger brother had been fascinated by the number of creative booby traps the kid protagonist utilized to chase off a couple of criminals, and had taken to trying out several of his own inventions on his unsuspecting older sibling. Though it wasn't exactly a pleasant memory, she considered perhaps taking a page from his mischievous personality might be beneficial in this situation. In fact, she was reminded of another stunt he pulled around Halloween once with her own held item...

Closing her eyes and convincing herself to think like a miscreant, she summoned her Bubbling Cauldron before her. She balked a bit when she realized the size and mass though, as it wasn't a weight she could easily lift with her limited psychic abilities, let alone be able to balance on top of the entry (the latter of which was probably a pointless endeavor anyway, seeing as the specters could and would likely just phase through the wood again). Another flash of recognition occurred to her though as she turned to Sinistea, recalling the POLTERGEIST's proud display with the cake.

"Hey, you were using Ghost energy to lift those plates earlier, right? Can you show me how to do that? I want to hold this over the door and dump it on those bullies as soon as they bust in. ...Granted, I haven't tested its effects much, but hopefully it should put some hurt on them - especially if I just drop the whole thing on their heads once they take form."

She grinned, starting to get into the groove of sinister scheming as she then eyed her sister's Mummy Bandages, which were wrapped securely around the baby's body like a harness. (Indeed, their mother used them sometimes to keep the child from wandering off too far - although clearly it didn't work in this case.)

"Mimi, I'm just gonna borrow your bandages for a sec, okay?"

The puppet blinked in puzzlement, but nevertheless spun around to assist as her sister hurriedly loosened the linens. Once unraveled, Patty then carried on with another odd request:

"Now, can you make a SUBSTITUTE?"

Again, the Mimikyu cocked her head curiously, but did as directed and shut her eyes, concentrating a quarter of her health into crafting an exact copy. Patty swiftly draped the dressings over the doppelganger, so that the image was virtually identical to any undiscerning eye. The candlestick stepped back and admired her handiwork, before revolving again to address Sinistea.

"Take Mimi and go hide with her in the cupboards. I'm going to stay inside the oven, and when those guys get near the doll, can you use your own abilities to make the bandages wrap around them instead? Then, I'll set the cloth on fire with a FLAMETHROWER. If you see anything else useful in the cabinets - knives, forks, whatever - try to use them to make a racket so we can scare 'em off. We'll show those big dumb brutes not to mess with us!"

...Meanwhile, Blueberry had been listening at the keyhole, and swelled with pride (mixed with some concern) at hearing her eldest daughter take charge and conjure up such a clever - if perhaps dangerous - plot. Still, she would lend as much support as possible to their efforts to make sure the getaway was successful. While there wasn't much she could accomplish in this current diminutive state, she'd do her best to at least DISABLE the opponents to buy time, or else die defending her children.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
364
Reaction score
11


New Fizz City stands as a shining beacon of hope and prosperity for the world of Fizzy Bubbles. Built on the shores of Cape Effervescence over two centuries ago, the city started root as a trading port which fell into great prosperity during the industrial revolution. The port town attracted people from far and wide in search of a better life, quickly growing into a diverse and bustling metropolis sprawling for miles across the land and stretching way up into the clouds. As the modern urban center of Fizzytopia, New Fizz City boasts significant high-rise development, widespread use of cars and motorcycles and one of the most extensive transit systems in the world; from its subway and commuter trains to the world-famous yellow cabs that shuffle along the city streets, there is just about nowhere you can’t get to in the city.

Famed for its vibrant neighborhoods and unparalleled culture, New Fizz City is a proud cultural melting pot where you are sure to encounter trainers from every walk of life. While city folk have a strong sense of community you will find them just as welcoming to outsiders, although tourists are advised to keep out of certain districts after dark with growing poverty giving rise to increased crime and gang activity. While green spaces are hard to come by in the concrete jungle, many species of Pokemon have learned to adapt to urban life. Resident strays have a certain street smart about them making them valuable companions, provided you can win their trust. As the locals will tell you, the city that never sleeps holds adventure on every street corner. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!



Hoodlem Reply in Orange

Hoodlem is economically poor and the most deprived of the five boroughs in New Fizz City, characterized by its run-down housing projects, pockets of small-time businesses and shops that have presumably failed shortly after their establishment. Although the district has industrial roots, it has been experiencing gentrification over the last few years with tourists seeking to escape the downtown hustle in favor of this urban shangri-la. Abandoned buildings and decrepit warehouses are a common sight in Hoodlem, overrun with wild Pokemon that give even the local street gangs a hard time.

Rockabout Row: Located directly under the Alto Bridge overpass, you’ll find the most down-and-divey bars New Fizz City has to offer. Rockabout Row is packed with every type of scene from biker bars to punk warehouses - just be prepared for sticky floors, tagged bathrooms, and dubious clientele. Where many bars in the city discourage bringing Pokemon, the grungy hangouts of Rockabout Row encourage it, often sporting fighting cages where patrons can partake in a battle or a bet.

Xander stumbled down the street, haphazardly dragging himself to another dull lit bar. His hoodie was steeped in a mix of pungent alcohol that had failed to reach its intended destination. Hood pulled up over his head, Xander did his best to conceal the shame and pain. Zigzagoon darted ahead of him, the Dark type was back in its element, Rockabout Row reminding it a lot of its old home, The Devil's Playground. Impidimp clung to his back, the malicious imp was the only one benefitting from Xander's downward spiral. His fall from grace occurred a couple of weeks after he'd helped to save the Arboreal Cradle from corruption. He'd become a hero of the highest calibre, a knight in shining armour. However there were parts of that adventure that were still revealing themselves. His memories had started to return, memories of what he'd done while under the control of the Mindbender. While he hadn't done so consciously, Xander's hands were used to commit unspeakable acts. He'd struggled to sleep since the memories had started to return, the only way he could was to drink until he passed out.

He'd sacrificed so much to save the Cradle, yet he'd managed to lose himself. At the end of the day, the Mindbender had still won. While he didn't manage to corrupt the Cradle, he did manage to corrupt Xander. Who was he now? How could he take pride in his achievements when he knew the horrible crimes he'd also commited? Xander threw himself at a nearby garbage can, chest heaving as he emptied his stomach into it. Wiping his mouth on his already filthy sleeve, Xander spat at Zigzagoon. "Find us a fight Zigzagoon, pretty sure one of these bars is meant to have cage fights." Pokemon or person, inflicting some pain might relieve some of his own.
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
7
Welcome to my updatee squad, Raves - hope you enjoy your time in Grey Matter Labs ^^

Raves
Home to the finest brains in all of Fizzytopia and rising higher than any other building in the sky-scraper filled Neon East, Grey Matter Labs was known far and wide for the innovative ideas, marvellous minds and tantalising technologies that have originated within this towering laboratory. Today, you find yourself arriving at the main entrance to this complex of knowledge, perhaps not in the best state for learning right now but led onwards through the revolving glass doors nonetheless by Asclepius the recently evolved Gardevoir and Paine the Gothitelle as they flank each of your sides.

The lobby looked just as fancy as the outside of the building with a large fountain at its centre, adorned and embellished with various Pokémon and plants from around the world. Around the large space, small meeting areas were set up with a mixture of strange shaped chairs and beanbags. Along the sides of the room, at least ten elevator doors open and close as numerous people important looking people go in and out, up and down. Between these doors and located alongside a corridor opposite the entrance, an information desk is manned by two similarly dressed employees. Seeing you, the uniform-clad man and woman talk quickly between themselves before returning to their seats behind the long desk to resume their work. Along the corridor, you notice a series of green decals shaped like arrows to direct guests through the complex.

“Good afternoon sir, how many I help you today?” The woman seated behind the desk across the lobby from you calls over to you and your humanoid companions, her voice thick with the sweetened tone of customer service. Not receiving any response from you in your listless state, she points towards a large illuminated map of the ground floor and visitor-friendly areas as a way of helping you to help yourself if you so choose.

“If you would prefer to explore and see things for yourself, just follow the arrows on the ground through the rear of the lobby just here to find the different visitor areas.”

What will you do?
The entourage entering the labs, the two psychic types were nevertheless stoic as they and Alex headed to the front desk as most ordinary people would do, the human unable to comprehend too much. The decor of the main entrance hall was impressive to say the least, with numerous meeting spots like small cafes littered around the place, unusual seating arrangements considered, and a number of elevators shuttling various people of varying intellect and specialised fields of knowledge up and presumably down the building. It was almost certain to the psychic types that there would be basements to the laboratories, but their objective was the information desk. Man and woman quickly discussed between themselves, likely choosing who got to address the vacant trainer, as decals on the walls pointed visitors in the right direction.

The woman greeted the group in a tone that rippled with artificial sincerity, classic customer service as she inquired on how they could support the visitor today. Silence from Alex met her, and the woman geatured towards a map of the ground floor and general visitor areas before proffering the idea of exploration. Alex remained silent, though his eyes at least could muster a blink of acknowledgement of some sort. Thusly, it was down to his pokemon to try and convey discussion. Paine looked at the Gardevoir, and nodded to him, given that the fairy type was the expert in the happenstances of the situation. With use of his telepathy the green-haired pokemon could indeed communicate enough.

"We wish to locate someone skilled in the fields of mental trauma, and someone who knows something about temporal distortions. Our trainer is currently a little...indisposed, and we feel it would be prudent to seek the wisdom of someone who has knowledge of this, so as to try and return him to his senses with professional help," the Gardevoir stated, eyes with a faint cyan tint as the psychic type projected his request. There would be time for sightseeing later.
 
Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
137
Reaction score
1
The Foundry

Myahoo:
Inches from GAME OVER you are handed a lifeline in the form of an unusual power up; somewhere deep within the enemy’s subconscious you had an ally, enabling Rotom to hack into the matrix and even the odds some. With the elemental beam about to raze your entire team from existence, Hint sets his grow spurt into motion without delay. His antenna looks more like a radio tower as he meets the foe’s colossal stature, electric ectoplasm emanating from his body like an immense thundercloud.

With the Tri-Attack fully charged Hint has a split second to deliver a decisive Sucker Punch, disrupting the foe's aim and sending the technicolour beam hurtling into empty space. You are given a much needed moment of respite as the two giants prepare their follow up assault, the cybernetic kaiju Locking On to its target while Hint Charges his batteries, sparks the size of lightning bolts flying from his exterior, shoring up his special defences. With a slight speed advantage Rotom is first to break into attack, letting loose his excess electricity. The Thunderbolt cuts crazy zig zag patterns against the black canvas, followed hotly by a cracking boom. The Porygon-Z reels as the sparks run up and down its body, its seizure intensifying from the sizeable hit. The enemy isn’t about to let up, lifting its ovoid limbs to form a Shadowy Ball which it sends careening forward. Hint is given no chance to dodge due to the foe’s advanced targeting, the projectile socking him point blank for a devastating blow! While the clash of titans was only just getting under way, it is clear Porgyon-Z has gained a slight early lead. You’ll have to pull out all the stops to pull the game back. What will you do?

Hint immediately leaped forward, Sucker Punching the gigantic Porygon-Z and sending its attack wide. Both retreated for a moment, electricity sparking off of Hint as it Charged up and their captor appeared to focus in on Hint. A moment later, a Thunderbolt shot across the field, slamming into the Porgyon-Z who retaliated with a Shadow Ball. Hint grimaced as it backed off, smarting from the last attack.

"Aiden?" It didn't turn to look at him, but its voice was expectant.

The four of them separated from where they'd huddled together, hoping none of the stray lightning bolts hit them. Dust scowled at his coat, but clearly decided to give it up as a bad job for now. Kaito shook himself and tried in vain to get his fur to lie flat, while Tase just skittered around, collecting the lingering electricity in his teammates' fur.

"Yeah, yeah, gimme a sec." Aiden grimaced, glancing at the rest of his team. "None of you guys have any"--he gestured wordlessly at all of them--"group moves, do you?"

The three of them exchanged looks, before Kaito and Tase shook their heads.

"I think I'm the only who has something," Dust mused, his fur thankfully lying flat after Tase's attentions, turning back to Aiden. "But it's Howl and I doubt that'll be helpful when most of Hint's attacks aren't...physical."

"True." Aiden frowned and looked back at the stand-off. "I guess we'll just have to hit hard and fast, for the most part." He raised his voice to make it clear he was talking to Hint. "Try a Confuse Ray and then a Signal Beam and a Dark Pulse."

"Confuse Ray, huh?" Hint considered that while it eyed its opponent. That'd be nice to land, as would a Thunder Wave. It thought for a moment. Maybe next round.
 
Fizzy Bubbles Resident Bird Keeper
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
15
@Raves
With the telepathically imbued words of your Gardevoir an unexpected surprise to the desk clerk, she appears to stand taller behind the desk to get a closer look at the supposedly indisposed man who's Pokémon had brought him here to Grey Matter Labs. Surveying the three of you with a rather bemused look upon her face, she finally addresses you as a collective:

"I don't know how much of their studies looks into... " the young woman's eyes dart to you before she continues, "...mental trauma but we have a wonderful team of scientists who would love nothing more than to talk the back legs off a Dialga with their studies into the temporal."

Once she had addressed you all, the young clerk left her position behind the desk to walk around to the side you were standing at. Once stood before you, she quickly turned on her heel to face away from you, appearing to grab something from a contraption fixed onto the desk at the visitor side. At a closer glance, it looked like one of those sorts of ticket dispensers you might encounter in a deli but not necessarily a renowned place of learning.

"Without an appointment, I'm afraid I can't just let you wander up to their office but if you take this, I'll send for you when somebody from the team arrives. I'm sure they'll be rather..." she paused briefly before continuing, choosing to go with her original thought after a quick deliberation, "...excited to meet you. Now, feel free to take a look around - I'd particularly recommend 'The Dome'."

Having done as much for you as she can right now, the young woman returns to her original position behind the desk and begins to type numbers into the dialling pad of a telephone before firing a thumbs up across the desk to you all. With ticket in hand, the three of you wander towards the rest of the ground floor visitor centre to kill some time. As you leave the information desk, it quickly becomes clear what The Dome is. Just beyond the lobby and through a revolving door, you find yourselves walking into a humongous glass atrium with an elevated pathway hugging the entire edge of the space. Below this boardwalk, a veritable jungle of plants grew in every direction and you can see Pokémon of all different varieties going about their day-to-day activities in this simulated paradise. In the centre, a small watering hole seems to be the chosen spot for those in need of a cool down or a drink.

"Blip! Bug!" A small voice comes from further along the pathway and distracts those of you who are present from the splendour of the space. A somewhat alarmed looking bug Pokémon seemed to be calling out to the three of you, motioning downwards to something happening below with its antennaed head.

What will you do?
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
17
Cape Effervescence

Faiyaa:
Pickle was in a real pickle. Sent hurtling toward the heavens and back down at an even greater pace, you have just a few precious seconds to break her fall. Thinking on your feet you bring Artemis onto the scene, built for this sort of mission as young as she was; the species had an innate knack for getting a moving prey into their gullet and a rescue of this nature would be no different. With a squawk she took to the skies and made a beeline for her freefalling teammate. It seems an impossible distance to cover but she folds her wing feathers to break into a swift glide, opening her maw in preparation for the catch. In the nick of time the Cramorant successfully intercepts, the Pyukumuku lodging safely in her gullet. The impact is enough to knock her out of flight, breast puffing up as she Stockpiles energy to cushion the fall. To your relief the pair land safely against the sand, the light shock enough to dislodge Pickle from Artimis’ throat. Artemis gains one level!

“Way to go, li'l bird!” Elijah and Renee were jumping with enthusiasm, the wider mob of beachgoers breaking into applause. Your work wasn’t over just yet though, Pickle just as quickly returning to her Wail’ washing post with a renewed sense of caution. To your relief there are no further hiccups and it’s not long until the beached blimp is looking good as new. Pickle gains two levels! With the Wailord settling down and the wider rescue team seemingly satisfied with the clean-up effort, they begin making preparations for the next phase of the plan.

“I’ll bring the boat around and meet you in the shallows, then we’ll escort it out to the ocean and see if there’s anything else we’re needed for out there.” Renee calls her Dewott over while Corsola waddles to Elijah’s flank, the siblings about to head to the nearby jetty. “You okay doing what you gotta do to get the Wailord into the water?”
Gary breathed a deep sigh of relief as he watched Artemis the Cramorant swoop through the air and catch the plummeting Pickle before she splattered the ground below. As the sea bird regurgitated the already slimy sea cucumber from her throat, the surrounding crowd broke into applause. “Great work, Artemis!” Gary called out with a grin. Before the shiny Pyukumuku could return to her task at hand, her trainer gave her a quick examination to ensure her wellbeing. “Are you alright, Pickle?” he asked. The Pyukumuku swiftly nodded and exclaimed “Pyuu!” and Gary was impressed at her mental fortitude after such a close call. Pyukumuku were hardy creatures however, and were built to be tossed around from time to time.

As Pickle slowly squirmed her way back up the Wailord’s body, Gary called out to her, “Be careful up there!” Fortunately the Wailord seemed to have calmed down a bit, so Gary had a feeling his plan was working to an extent. However, even though the whale was cleaned up a bit and in higher spirits, the job was far from over. There was still the matter of getting the half a ton creature back into the ocean so it could be free to return to its natural habitat.

Renee and Elijah announced to Gary that they would escort them from the shallows back out into the open ocean and asked him if he could handle the Wailord. “Leave it to me!” he replied, hoping to follow through with his Pokeball strategy. Fortunately for him, he had an ace in the hole, stockpiled up and ready to go. “I’m gonna need your help for this, okay Artemis?” he asked, turning to the Cramorant. She looked back up at her trainer inquisitively. Once Pickle’s work was finally done, Gary returned her to her Luxury Ball for a well-deserved rest and continued with his plan. “I’m going to throw a plain old Pokeball at this Wailord, not expecting to catch it or anything. I need you to catch the ball before it breaks out and Spit it Up into the ocean as fast as you can, got it?” Artemis’ expression was blank, but nodded anyway and prepared herself as Gary procured a vacant Pokeball from his bag, ready to throw it.
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
5
 Downtown - The Business & Commercial District

Amity Gardens: Spanning hundreds of acres, Amity Gardens is a popular meeting point among tourists and locals alike, offering much needed respite from the city hustle and bustle. The gardens make up for the city’s lack of green space and then some, boasting botanicals from around the world and a number of artificial lakes where swimming and fishing are permitted. Although urban Pokemon often spill out into the park, Amity Gardens boasts a more rural assortment of Pokemon found nowhere else in the city.
Argyle and his partner, Wisewoods were looking for something to do in New Fizz City. Having lived on the outskirts of Goldenrod, Argyle was no stranger to large, bustling metropolises. Though he probably wasn't as big a fan as unhinged urban development as some others might, he did enjoy the energy these urban centers housed. Such centers were home to the hopes and dreams of thousands, if not millions, of people and Pokemon. Argyle could not help but feel a type of kinship for all beings simply due to the fact that all living beings at their core had all sorts of dreams and hopes. Perhaps people and Pokemon did not all share the same hopes, but they hoped nonetheless. That process of hoping and the feelings that came along with it was what connected all living beings according to Argyle. Still he did prefer the simplicity of a setting that was more in tune with nature and farther removed from the trappings and complexities of modern life. He did believe that all you need for a happy life was nature and a true sense of community, everything else was extra. Nevertheless, these metropolises did offer countless opportunities for adventure and Argyle and Wisewoods were not ones to refuse such opportunities.

"Are you ready for some fun?" Argyle asked his Pokemon.

"Let!" Wisewoods chirped back excitedly.

"Who knows what this city has in store for us? I wonder what kind of Pokemon we can find around here. Who knows maybe we can find us a new friend? Perhaps a water-type or ground-type to complement your weakness. Or maybe another grass-type?" Argyle said. He quickly followed up with, "But where should we go first? I hear there's quite a bit of different places to see in the city. Let's see now, I was particularly interested in visiting
Remembrance Park to get a historical understanding of the city, but I kind of want something a bit more slow-paced."

"Row," Wisewoods interjected seeming to agree with the last sentiment.

"Oh you know what, we're right by Amity Gardens in the downtown district. That seemed like a relaxing place to visit. We can take a nice stroll and enjoy the rare patches of green and artificial lakes in this major city. What do you say, Wisewoods?" Argyle asked.

"Let!" his partner flapped his wings in agreement, then took his place on Argyle's left shoulder.

A couple minutes later, Argyle and Wisewoods were in the gardens. It reminded the two of the National Park close to Goldenrod city in some ways. They took a look around at the plethora of flora and the artificial lakes. People and Pokemon were out and about. Some were sitting on the grass or the benches while others were swimming. Some had taken up fishing and others were taking their time slowly walking through the numerous paths. Argyle and Wisewoods looked at each other and shared a smile. "Looks like we made the correct decision in coming here," Argyle said, "I can just feel that today's gonna be great day!"
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

The bickering duo stops as soon as Tyrantrum lets out its mighty roar, senses on high alert. But as it turns out, all you require is their attention for a brief moment.

The birds listen intently, and when you finish, they are clearly left conflicted. Sure, they owe you their freedom, but stepping in to help against Edogawa was their way of returning the favor. Other than that, fighting one another in the back of that stall at the market was the only life they'd ever known - your offer only extends to one of them, and tempting as it sounds, it means turning their back pon their lifelong rivalry. Fact is, despite their apparent hatred towards one another, neither has ever seriously injured the other so far, indicating this may simply be a case of constant, unrelenting oneupsmanship rather than genuine mutual ill will.

And so, both hesitate. Fighting is in their blood, and they've seen firsthand what you can do. They seem to understand how much stronger they can become under your tutelage, but something is holding them back - is it worth joining a powerful Trainer and become stronger if that means leaving behind the only adversary you truly want to surpass?

The Farfetch'd exchange a glance, and after a moment, they nod. And then... both take a step forward at the same time! They hold out their leeks in your direction, presenting their counter-offer. Either you train them both, accepting to bring their unending rivalry and all it entails into your team, or neither will join you.

And with that, what will it be?




TheKnightsFury

Your recent outing at the Arboreal Cradle, all the way on the other side of the Fizzytopia region, had left you a shell of your former self. Struggling to make it through each day, you take refuge where you find some, however briefly – be it alcohol or violence. What would your father Jarde say if he saw you like this?

No matter. Parental advice isn’t what you’re looking for at the moment. Half-blinded by rage and anguish, you feel a desperate need to take it out someone, and almost out of instinct, your order your Galarian Zigzagoon – a local resident – to find you a suitable place. Not that it’d be difficult to do so in Rockabout Row to begin with, something made all the more evident by the fact that Zigzagoon literally stops ten steps away from you, pointing at a nearby establishment’s front door with its snout. Even before you ctch up to the Pokemon, you can hear the commotion inside the building, but that doesn’t deter you – quite the opposite. Following Zigzagoon’s advice, you push the door and it opens without any resistance.

The heavy scent of alcohol permeates the air; you might have grown more accustomed to it as of late, but even by your current standards, the stench is over the top. A large, crowded bar reveals itself, patrons talking and singing loudly everywhere you look, glasses are tossed to the ground quite frequently, and nobody seems to give a damn about the latest customer making his way inside. If anything, you look just about as bad as the majority of those present anyway.

“Hey, you there,” suddenly yells someone to your right. It’s the bartender, a bald man in his forties with an apron dirtier than your own sleeves, with a stern expression and arms crossed, looking your way. “You look like shit. What can I get you?”
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
King Ghidorah:

The bickering duo stops as soon as Tyrantrum lets out its mighty roar, senses on high alert. But as it turns out, all you require is their attention for a brief moment.

The birds listen intently, and when you finish, they are clearly left conflicted. Sure, they owe you their freedom, but stepping in to help against Edogawa was their way of returning the favor. Other than that, fighting one another in the back of that stall at the market was the only life they'd ever known - your offer only extends to one of them, and tempting as it sounds, it means turning their back pon their lifelong rivalry. Fact is, despite their apparent hatred towards one another, neither has ever seriously injured the other so far, indicating this may simply be a case of constant, unrelenting oneupsmanship rather than genuine mutual ill will.

And so, both hesitate. Fighting is in their blood, and they've seen firsthand what you can do. They seem to understand how much stronger they can become under your tutelage, but something is holding them back - is it worth joining a powerful Trainer and become stronger if that means leaving behind the only adversary you truly want to surpass?

The Farfetch'd exchange a glance, and after a moment, they nod. And then... both take a step forward at the same time! They hold out their leeks in your direction, presenting their counter-offer. Either you train them both, accepting to bring their unending rivalry and all it entails into your team, or neither will join you.

And with that, what will it be?
A begrudging respect, after all. Hugo could not necessarily say he was surprised. The only way to sharpen steel is with steel, and apparently the Farfetch’d realized that if they ever wished to really maximize their battling capabilities in their eyes, they needed the other around to push them there. Yin and yang. Opposites, but part of the same whole.

So while it was Hugo who had presented them with a choice, it was he who must be the one to make a decision. Not only did he question where it was worth it, but more importantly, could he even do it? He lived an adventurous life, constantly being thrown in increasingly more complicated situations. Would he still be able to do while simultaneously dealing with two squabbling birds at every turn? Would they become more liability than asset?

Then again, if he couldn’t handle it, what kind of trainer would that make him? Sure, they were hot-headed, but had he not dealt with worse? Rhyperior, Gyarados, and of course the two hulking reptiles standing right behind him just to name a few. That’s what this was all about. If he could handle the others, he could handle the Farfetch’d. And if not? He may as well not even be in the game.

And besides, how could you argue against having both of these birds at your side? They appeared to be just, driven, and loyal. Could you ask for better characteristics in a war partner?

Hugo realized he had made his decision.

“Well,” he said addressing the ducks with a smile, “I guess I choose violence.”

He reached into his bag and pulled out a Flying Ball and – in lieu of a Fighting Ball – a Timer Ball. He tossed them gently toward the Farfetch’d; Flying Ball toward the Kantonian, Timer Ball toward the Galarian.

And then he waited.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
364
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury

Your recent outing at the Arboreal Cradle, all the way on the other side of the Fizzytopia region, had left you a shell of your former self. Struggling to make it through each day, you take refuge where you find some, however briefly – be it alcohol or violence. What would your father Jarde say if he saw you like this?

No matter. Parental advice isn’t what you’re looking for at the moment. Half-blinded by rage and anguish, you feel a desperate need to take it out someone, and almost out of instinct, your order your Galarian Zigzagoon – a local resident – to find you a suitable place. Not that it’d be difficult to do so in Rockabout Row to begin with, something made all the more evident by the fact that Zigzagoon literally stops ten steps away from you, pointing at a nearby establishment’s front door with its snout. Even before you catch up to the Pokemon, you can hear the commotion inside the building, but that doesn’t deter you – quite the opposite. Following Zigzagoon’s advice, you push the door and it opens without any resistance.

The heavy scent of alcohol permeates the air; you might have grown more accustomed to it as of late, but even by your current standards, the stench is over the top. A large, crowded bar reveals itself, patrons talking and singing loudly everywhere you look, glasses are tossed to the ground quite frequently, and nobody seems to give a damn about the latest customer making his way inside. If anything, you look just about as bad as the majority of those present anyway.

“Hey, you there,” suddenly yells someone to your right. It’s the bartender, a bald man in his forties with an apron dirtier than your own sleeves, with a stern expression and arms crossed, looking your way. “You look like shit. What can I get you?”

Being in Rockabout Row was just like being back home in the Devil's Playground for Zigzagoon. While his trainer wasn't exactly behaving like himself, Zigzagoon was in his element. It didn't take long at all for him to carry out his orders, a nearby establishment looked to provide the exact distraction his trainer sort. Xander steadied himself before entering, he'd been turned back before and knew he had to show he was still in control of himself. Having gathered something resembling composure, he pushed through the doors into the crowded bar.

The air was thick with the stench of alcohol, if he was sober it would probably be enough to turn his stomach. A myriad of regular bar sounds berates his muddled mind, smashing glasses, loud conversation and some terrible singing. The bartender was onto him quickly, calling him to the bar. "I guess I fit in then", Xander replied with a friendly jest. "Fizzybrew if you've got it, or maybe something a little stronger? I'm also looking for a bit of action, nothing high stakes just need to work out some frustration." He didn't want to fight to save anyone. He didn't want to be a hero, heck, he didn't even believe it was possible to be a hero anymore. He just wanted a fight with a clear winner and loser, although he had no intention on being the later. Impidimp was scrambling around manically. The amount of misery in the bar was almost too much for even it to handle. It was like a drug to the reborn gremlin, his pupils dilating as he inhales deeply through his flared nostrils.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Celadon Prefecture

Maskerade:
With the guise of a head injury you begin probing the Kantonian for clues about your whereabouts, or whenabouts. The elder seems dumfounded, face contorting with each question.

“Year?! You must have hit your head hard boy, it’s 1909!” he sighs, setting the table with teacups and easing into a seat as he contemplates the days gone by.

“These are strange times to be alive... I never would have imagined living to witness our feudal era collapse with a new emperor rising to create an industrialised nation state, unafraid of colonisation from the west.” He spat with his last word, likely not privy to your Galarian heritage. “The feudal lords answer to the emperor now, but they are as cruel as before. All except for the lord of Celadon – he has a soft heart and cares more for his people than war or power.” There was a sense of pride in his voice now, which seems to just as quickly taper off into despair.

“The other lords do not believe he has the conviction to realise the emperor’s vision. If the warlord of Saffron marches on our village, they must mean to bring him to heel. Whether his men plan to kill our great leader or simply capture him, I cannot say-” The tea maker is silenced as the steady drumbeat of foot soldiers sends your teacup to a wobble. Then comes the war cry of men and ‘mon. What starts as faint murmurs becomes an all-encompassing ruckus, a cacophony of cannonballs and colossal Pokemon. Loose dust begins to seep from cracks in the ceiling and even with the shutters tight, the acrid smell of gunpowder envelops your nasal cavities. The sounds of war were closing in, and yet it seemed the armies would pay little mind to the quaint refuge.

The earth continues to shake for some time still, the invaders moving in with little resistance – their numbers too great to stir either of you from hiding. A sudden whir nearly knocks the aged proprietor from his seat, the kettle coming to boil. As quick as it had come the cacophony drops to a deadly silence, the rhythmic marching replaced with the weary moans of fallen victims. Perhaps you had waited out the storm for long enough, what will you do?
The hell?...

Things made less and less sense the more the man tried to explain. Somehow, not only had Blake ended up in Celadon City of all places, now he was supposed to believe this was 1909?!

Before he could protest against the deluge of nonsensical crap he was being fed, something outside began to stir. In fact, it was more of a storm than a stirring. A cacophony of sounds none of which Blake could interpret as a good omen filled the house, accompanied by tremors that shook the very foundation of the building and nearly sent everyone to the ground.

RED DEVIL and BLACK FIST both instinctively raised their knuckles, while OVER MIND, more collected, glanced around the house visibly confused. However, it was the moaning and crying which followed the commotion that finally made Blake snap.

"This is ridiculous. The hell's going on here? I'm supposed to believe I landed in some ancient historical warzone?" Rage was beginning to well up inside him. "OLD WOMAN! ENOUGH OF YOUR TRICKS!"

His shouting was, of course, for nothing; "Sensei" either couldn't or wouldn't listen, and nothing about his situation changed.
"Shit. Look, stay here, we'll go see what happened. And uh, thanks for the tea."

With that, the Galarian native walked back outside, accompanied by his Infernape, Meditite and Pancham, mentally bracing himself for the worst in case any hostile presence still lingered behind after all that...

"Listen up all of you. Find anyone badly hurt, lemme know. I'll go take a look around."
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
9
grassyglide-

Enjoying a nice day in the park with Wisewoods, you get the experience of all the natural activities New Fizz City has to offer. Well, you will, as having just arrived you're reminded of the National Park near your home. Johto's parks and mountains were one of its claims to fame, besides the impressive monorail system in Goldenrod. In a lot of ways, New Fizz City felt incredibly similar to you. A sense of nostalgia, even if this place was entirely new to you.

Noticing the variety of activities that people are partaking in, you wonder what the best course of action would be. The lakes were filled with being fishing, the paths walked on by city folk enjoying a day with nature. People and their Pokemon were running through the vast fields, or sitting on the benches and enjoying the scenery.

With so much to do, it was hard to figure out a focal point on where to go. Then, you notice a signboard decorated with flowers and drawings of butterfly Pokemon. You could see a picture of a butterfree and a vivillon on it, with some detailing. Walking up and reading it, you see that there was a tour of the botanical gardens today. Specifically a Butterfly Pokemon Garden, where a variety of beautiful bug Pokemon would fly around.

Wisewoods chirped up, the Rowlett intrigued by this. It felt similar to the Bug Catching Contest of the National Park, but at the same time laid back with the ability to enjoy nature around you at your own pace. This certainly felt like the best thing to enjoy New Fizzy City at first, before making your way the Remembrance Park.

What do you do?
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
5
Enjoying a nice day in the park with Wisewoods, you get the experience of all the natural activities New Fizz City has to offer. Well, you will, as having just arrived you're reminded of the National Park near your home. Johto's parks and mountains were one of its claims to fame, besides the impressive monorail system in Goldenrod. In a lot of ways, New Fizz City felt incredibly similar to you. A sense of nostalgia, even if this place was entirely new to you.

Noticing the variety of activities that people are partaking in, you wonder what the best course of action would be. The lakes were filled with being fishing, the paths walked on by city folk enjoying a day with nature. People and their Pokemon were running through the vast fields, or sitting on the benches and enjoying the scenery.

With so much to do, it was hard to figure out a focal point on where to go. Then, you notice a signboard decorated with flowers and drawings of butterfly Pokemon. You could see a picture of a butterfree and a vivillon on it, with some detailing. Walking up and reading it, you see that there was a tour of the botanical gardens today. Specifically a Butterfly Pokemon Garden, where a variety of beautiful bug Pokemon would fly around.

Wisewoods chirped up, the Rowlett intrigued by this. It felt similar to the Bug Catching Contest of the National Park, but at the same time laid back with the ability to enjoy nature around you at your own pace. This certainly felt like the best thing to enjoy New Fizzy City at first, before making your way the Remembrance Park.
As Argyle and Wisewoods looked around the park, Argyle noticed a beautifully colored signboard. From afar, he could make out a Butterfree and a Vivillon drawn on it. The sign had managed to pique the interest of his partner Rowlet as well. So, the two naturally went up to the sign to get a closer look. The sign contained details on a tour of the Butterfly Garden.

Argyle and Wisewoods independently mulled over this a bit. Argyle was not particularly fond of most bug-type Pokemon, but he did enjoy some of the more beautiful ones such as Butterfree and Vivillon. The people who made the sign knew how to grab people's attention. What's more, this was quite reminiscent of the Bug Catching Contest of the National Park, back home. Argyle had never actually participated in it, but he figured that this would have a similar feel to it minus the competitive nature of the contest back home. Argyle concluded that this would be a good way to ease into life in New Fizz City. It gave him an opportunity to slowly get to know the city while doing something that still had a home-like feel so as to prevent any potential feeling of homesickness as opposed to a rather abrupt change of lifestyle and scenery that perhaps another event may have offered. Argyle would participate in this botanical garden tour. Now, all he had to was check that Wisewoods was on the same page.

He turned his head to his left and saw a sparkle in his Rowlet's eyes. Clearly, he was enamored by the butterfly Pokemon pictured on the sign. "What do you say, buddy? Want to take the tour?" Argyle asked.

"Rowlet!" his pokemon chirpped back.

"Alright then, let's go head to the meet up spot for the tour," Argyle responded. He took another look at the sign committing to memory instructions on how to get to the meetup spot. Then, the two were off.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

At the end of the day, this is a rare opportunity even for seasoned Trainers. As such, despite their constant animosity towards one another, you decide to go ahead with the counter-offer.

Neither Farfetch'd flinched as their respective Balls snapped open, pulling them inside. And three mild shakes later, each device clicked shut precisely at the same time.

*Congratulations! You caught a Level 10 Male Kantonian Farfetch'd and a Level 10 Male Galarian Farfetch'd!*

You retrieve both Balls, only to immediately hear a familiar voice coming from a few feet away.

"Oh... Ooohhh, it hurts so much..."

You glance over your shoulder. Edogawa appears to have regained his senses, in more ways than one, and is clutching his head where the Galarian gentleman struck him.

"Ooh, this is the worst... The hell am I doing out here?!"

Saying you feel sorry for him, after what he put you through, might be a bit of a stretch - who's to say how you feel about the man other than yourself? - but there is definitely something to be said about how quick he is to sober up. Must be used to it by now, after all... Still, the combined headache from the blow and the hangover must be monstrous, in any case.

"Oh, you're here too? And what's with that look, anyway? Don't just stand there, help a man up will you?!"

It's only then that the truth of the situation appears to dawn on him. You see him looking around, first at your Tyrantrum and Feraligatr, then at the fainted Snorlax and Muk, before sighing loudly.

"... I messed up again, didn't I? Out on the street in the middle of the night, flat on my ass and my head feeling like it's about to split open..." Edogawa looks at you, utterly dejected. "Don't bother saying anything. I can put two and two together, and listening to someone else would only make my headache worse."

Edogawa takes off his apron and drops it on the ground.

"I'm done. I... I gotta get my head straight. Can't keep calling myself a chef as long as I can't even get my act together." He sounds honest, even if you still have your doubts. "Listen kid... I might need help. Not sure Little Kanto's where I'll find it, but hopefully somewhere else in New Fizz. And I guess what I wanna say is... I'd like to see you again. You went the extra mile for me and I screwed up. Still... In a year's time, think you could come back? I'd like to see you then - and you can tell me yourself whether you think I changed or not."

He walks - or rather, stumbles - his way over to you and holds out his hand... Only to pull it back in immediately afterwards.

"... No. Handshakes are for friends, for equals, right?" Instead, he takes a step back and bows, cursing under his breath as the motion is enough to make him sick. "I'm so sorry. But I'll turn things around - you have my word. So... come see me again, if you have time."
With that, he recalls his companions and walks away, leaving you with just your Pokemon as the sun begins to rise over New Fizz City. This chapter of your journey is over - but who knows if your path will ever lead you back here?



*Your adventure is now over! Hope you enjoyed it. Looking forward to updating you again in the future!*




TheKnightsFury

The bartender's eyebrow raises at your reply, and the man remains silent for a bit. Then he turns his back to you to face the large assortment of bottles on display, and picks one you can't quite recognize.

"... Fizzybrew stock's being withheld at the source. Some issue with brand names or whatever. But you don't seem picky, so here, this'll work."

He pours a honey-coloured liquid into a large glass and slides it across the counter, because of course he does.

"Don't bother askin' for ice, got none. Dilutes the good stuff." He then points with his head to the noisy crowd behind you. "If you're just lookin' to get so beat up you forget your own name, that's easy, pick a fight with any one of 'em. Been four days since the last decent brawl anyway."

He grabs a dirty rag from beneath the counter and starts cleaning the empty glasses scattered around. He seems to not be paying you any further attention, until he suddenly speaks up again.

"... Of course, if you're looking for something more intimate and less crowded," he motions with his head again, this time to a large man with sunglasses barring the way to a small door on the far wall of the bar. "Just tell that gentleman my name and he'll let you through. Might be worth your time."

After a moment of silence, the bald bartender chuckles.

"... What? My name? Not telling you. But some of these gents might, most are old patrons. Maybe you can get it out of them, if you're feeling... persuasive."
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0

Neon East Reply in Yellow Green

As you walk up the stairs from the dark underground subway, give your eyes a minute to adjust to the bright pulsating lights of Neon East. This futuristic district looks like something from a page of cyberpunk fiction, blocks covered in flashing billboards and holographic signage that blanket your field of vision; it’s said on a clear night the glow of its colorful multi-storey shops and arcades are visible all the way from the high-rise balconies of downtown! With unparalleled nightlife and entertainment, Neon East is a thrilling location to visit, as well as an interesting and vibrant place to live for those of means.

Sparkling Strip: You’ve heard New Fizz is the city that never sleeps, now meet the venues that are keeping residents up. If you’re looking for a night on the town Sparkling Strip is the place to be, from glitzy rooftop bars with swimming pools to underground raves which go on until sunrise, there’s a scene for every style. Pokemon are usually only allowed out in VIP areas, so you’ll need to rub shoulders with the right crowd if you want access to this privilege.
Despite the frustrations experienced in Little Kanto, Hugo ultimately considered it a success. Looking back, he had actually accomplished quite a lot. He assisted the Farfetch’d saleslady follow her dreams, he freed a flock of ducks on the block for slaughter, he helped the Galarian food critic learn not to be quite such a jackass all the time, and, perhaps most of all, he hopefully put Edogawa on the path to getting healthy. Hugo believed Edogawa when he told Hugo he realized the error of his ways, and was optimistic he would get himself healthy.

Hugo would see him again someday.

And of course, Hugo came away from his excursion with not one but two new partners; two Farfetch’d he affectionately referred to as the Knight and the Samurai. Lifelong rivals they had been, and so they shall remain. That is, if they didn’t drive Hugo completely off his rocker with their feathery squabbling first.

Despite having only been in Little Kanto for a relatively short period of time, it left Hugo exhausted. He took a room in a nearby New Fizz hotel and crashed hard. He woke later (Hours? Days? He wasn’t really sure), but despite having slept deeply, he didn’t feel rested. Hugo had gone through quite a lot in recent months whether it was here in New Fizz, the Arboreal Cradle, even taking up shop at the Evenfall Academy Gym – where he knew he would have to return soon enough. He was a bit burnt out, to say the least. He went to Little Kanto to relax, but there wasn’t too much of that to be found. He decided then and there to really just play the tourist and experience New Fizz as it was advertised. He wanted to have some fun.

He had heard much about the Sparkling Strip. The bright lights, the parties. Hugo wanted to lose himself for a little bit, and this seemed like the perfect place. So he cleaned himself up – it had felt like days since he had showered – put on his party clothes and headed toward the strip. Pokemon weren’t seen too often without having an “in” with the VIPs or so they say, but Hugo brought his Pokeballs along with him anyway.


Just in case.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
9

grassyglide-

Deciding on taking the tour, you head over to the meet-up spot listed on the sign. Along the way, you notice that a few trainers are gathering around one of the lakes. Seems there was a fishing competition that was about to start, but it didn't really concern you at this time. You and Wisewoods had already decided on taking the tour. It did, after all, feel like a good way to ease yourself into the environment.

Arriving at your location, you stand before a large greenhouse. A few other people have gathered around, mostly parents with small children. You notice two other trainers, both of them pretty young. They probably had just arrived here themselves and wanted to look around for something to do. You understood that feeling, experiencing it yourself at the present moment.

A few more people shuffle into the area, filling the small plaza to about a brim. A woman dressed in white appears from the greenhouse and speaks loud and clear for everyone to hear.

"Welcome everyone to the Amity Gardens Butterfly Garden Tour! My name is Angelica, and I will be your tour guide for today," she shouts, drawing in the attention of everyone at the plaza. "If everyone could please file into a singular line, we will begin the tour momentarily."

"Today we will be featuring ourButterfree, Beautifly, and Vivillon! All of them have been raised here with loving care, with each room suited to their various environments from the rest of the world. From Alolan Tropics to Kantonian Forests, we will experience a large variety of flowers and trees as well," she explains, enchanting the crowd with various information. The children all seem enraptured by her speech, most of them never leaving the city before.

"Now, let's come along!" She exclaims and begins to lead the group inside.

You enter the building and notice the first room to be a mild forest. Small wildflowers are growing around the trees and peaceful air to the room. Small speckles of sunlight trickle in from above, the tree cover making this shaded forest perfect for a variety of Butterfly Pokemon to thrive.

Looking in the trees, you could see a few Silcoon in a nest, waiting to evolve into Beautifly. One such Pokemon hung over the Silcoon, wanting to protect them from any potential harm. Butterfree was flying over the crowd, with a few flying to greet them. High above in the air, you could see a few Vivillon dancing about, the multiple types enchanting the children.

"Our Butterfree is incredibly friendly, so they might get close and touch you. Please don't freak out, and treat them gently. While Butterfree is native to Kanto, they have made homes in all the regions across the world. The only region that doesn't have an active Butterfree population is Hoenn," Angelica states, swing the crowd with her information.

One such Butterfree comes up to you, intrigued by your Rowlett. It lets out a small, happy cry, greeting your Rowlett. Looking at it, its wings were bright and shimmering, and the Pokemon itself was quite friendly. With a small wave, it flew away towards some trees. Following it with your gaze, you notice something strange in the trees. There was a group of purple Pokemon that looked similar to a Silcoon. It seemed that Angelica hadn't noticed it, and it wasn't in any of her explanations.

What do you do?

"
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
5

grassyglide-

Deciding on taking the tour, you head over to the meet-up spot listed on the sign. Along the way, you notice that a few trainers are gathering around one of the lakes. Seems there was a fishing competition that was about to start, but it didn't really concern you at this time. You and Wisewoods had already decided on taking the tour. It did, after all, feel like a good way to ease yourself into the environment.

Arriving at your location, you stand before a large greenhouse. A few other people have gathered around, mostly parents with small children. You notice two other trainers, both of them pretty young. They probably had just arrived here themselves and wanted to look around for something to do. You understood that feeling, experiencing it yourself at the present moment.

A few more people shuffle into the area, filling the small plaza to about a brim. A woman dressed in white appears from the greenhouse and speaks loud and clear for everyone to hear.

"Welcome everyone to the Amity Gardens Butterfly Garden Tour! My name is Angelica, and I will be your tour guide for today," she shouts, drawing in the attention of everyone at the plaza. "If everyone could please file into a singular line, we will begin the tour momentarily."

"Today we will be featuring ourButterfree, Beautifly, and Vivillon! All of them have been raised here with loving care, with each room suited to their various environments from the rest of the world. From Alolan Tropics to Kantonian Forests, we will experience a large variety of flowers and trees as well," she explains, enchanting the crowd with various information. The children all seem enraptured by her speech, most of them never leaving the city before.

"Now, let's come along!" She exclaims and begins to lead the group inside.

You enter the building and notice the first room to be a mild forest. Small wildflowers are growing around the trees and peaceful air to the room. Small speckles of sunlight trickle in from above, the tree cover making this shaded forest perfect for a variety of Butterfly Pokemon to thrive.

Looking in the trees, you could see a few Silcoon in a nest, waiting to evolve into Beautifly. One such Pokemon hung over the Silcoon, wanting to protect them from any potential harm. Butterfree was flying over the crowd, with a few flying to greet them. High above in the air, you could see a few Vivillon dancing about, the multiple types enchanting the children.

"Our Butterfree is incredibly friendly, so they might get close and touch you. Please don't freak out, and treat them gently. While Butterfree is native to Kanto, they have made homes in all the regions across the world. The only region that doesn't have an active Butterfree population is Hoenn," Angelica states, swing the crowd with her information.

One such Butterfree comes up to you, intrigued by your Rowlett. It lets out a small, happy cry, greeting your Rowlett. Looking at it, its wings were bright and shimmering, and the Pokemon itself was quite friendly. With a small wave, it flew away towards some trees. Following it with your gaze, you notice something strange in the trees. There was a group of purple Pokemon that looked similar to a Silcoon. It seemed that Angelica hadn't noticed it, and it wasn't in any of her explanations.

What do you do?
As Argyle and Wisewoods made their way to the meet-up spot for the tour, the duo walked past a fishing competition that was about to start. It reminded him of the famed fishing guru that lived on the edge of Lake of Rage back in Johto. He would judge trainers' Magikarps based on size and give out rewards. Argyle couldn't help but smile. Here he was thousands of miles away from Johto, yet the offerings of New Fizz City didn't seem all that different from his native land. Perhaps it hinted at a shared commonality of all people and Pokemon regardless of region. At least, that's the conclusion Argyle would draw.

The pair finally made there way to the entrance of a large greenhouse. That was where the sign had said the tour would start. Soon enough a lady, Angelica was her name, appeared before the small congregation consisting mostly of families, a couple of young, new trainers and, of course, Argyle and his partner, Wisewoods. Angelica proceeded to give information regarding the Pokemon and flora found inside the greenhouse.

Once inside, Argyle was pleasantly surprised to find the first room to be a forest. Back home, one of his favorite things to do was to go walking in the Ilex Forest. It helped him relax and pass time. Not to mention that it was in the Ilex Forest where fate would have him meet his partner, Wisewoods. As Argyle reminisced about Johto while also maintaining a gentle focus on the information that Angelica was espousing, he made sure to look around and take in the environment as well. As he was observing a Beautifly vigilantly watch over some Silcoon, a Butterfree gracefully swooped down and greeted Wisewoods. As the two seemed to quickly become friends, the Butterfree whisked itself away, making its way towards some trees. Argyle followed the butterfly's line of flight only to notice Silcoon-like cocoon Pokemon. However, they had distinctly different colors than Silcoon. While the cocoons the Beautifly was watching were white, these cocoons were clearly purple.

Argyle quickly whipped out his Pokedex and pointed it at the group of cocoons. The Pokedex quickly lit up and beeped:

"Cascoon. The Cocoon Pokemon and an evolved form of Wurmple. Cascoon's body is made of silk. It sits motionless as it prepares itself for evolution. Once its body hardens and begins to crack, it will start to evolve into Dustox."

Dustox? Argyle thought, That's not a butterfly Pokemon if I'm not mistaken. To be sure, he pulled up information on Dustox in his Pokedex:

"Dustox. The Poison Moth Pokemon and the evolved form of Cascoon. When this Pokemon flaps its wings, it releases a dangerous toxin into the air that can make others sick."

Argyle took a moment to take this information in. Clearly out in the wild, Dustox and Beautifly could be found in the same locations. After all, both evolved from Wurmple. However, the wild had its own ecosystem and ways of balancing the system. Thus, both Pokemon could coexist peacefully. This greenhouse might be a different story. The greenhouse is a controlled environment specifically for butterfly Pokemon. Argyle did not know what the effects of another Pokemon species, particularly one capable of releasing poisonous dust with a flap of its wing, would have when introduced into the environment. It didn't seem like Angelica took notice of these Pokemon. Perhaps she was aware and didn't consider it an issue or perhaps she just didn't see them. Argyle decided to raise his hand, hoping that Angelica would pause her explanations and accept a question from the audience. He was planning to ask her about the Cascoon and whether they posed a threat to the greenhouse.
 
Top