• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

New Fizz City: The Metropolitan Zone

Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
356
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury

The bartender's eyebrow raises at your reply, and the man remains silent for a bit. Then he turns his back to you to face the large assortment of bottles on display, and picks one you can't quite recognize.

"... Fizzybrew stock's being withheld at the source. Some issue with brand names or whatever. But you don't seem picky, so here, this'll work."

He pours a honey-coloured liquid into a large glass and slides it across the counter, because of course he does.

"Don't bother askin' for ice, got none. Dilutes the good stuff." He then points with his head to the noisy crowd behind you. "If you're just lookin' to get so beat up you forget your own name, that's easy, pick a fight with any one of 'em. Been four days since the last decent brawl anyway."

He grabs a dirty rag from beneath the counter and starts cleaning the empty glasses scattered around. He seems to not be paying you any further attention, until he suddenly speaks up again.

"... Of course, if you're looking for something more intimate and less crowded," he motions with his head again, this time to a large man with sunglasses barring the way to a small door on the far wall of the bar. "Just tell that gentleman my name and he'll let you through. Might be worth your time."

After a moment of silence, the bald bartender chuckles.

"... What? My name? Not telling you. But some of these gents might, most are old patrons. Maybe you can get it out of them, if you're feeling... persuasive."

Xander scoffed as the bartender explained that Fizzybrew was currently out of circulation. "Of course it is", Xander spat, "bureaucrats around here think they need to keep a tight wrap on everything. Xander accepted the strange liquor though, he'd drink just about anything at this point. As he threw it back, gritting his teeth as it burned its way down his throat, he listened to the bartenders reply to his question. To his surprise the bartender was more than happy for him to start a brawl in his establishment. While the idea of throwing down with the person closest to him was tempting, Xander wasn't sure it would be a Pokemon battle he'd be starting. Impidimp would likely love to see Xander get knocked out, he did in his former life at least. Thankfully there was another option. If he could discover the bartender's name, he could gain access to a private area of the bar, a much better opportunity.

Trouble was getting the name. In his drunken haze of a state, words weren't his strongest...... thing. He'd likely have to rely on bribery rather than trickery. He looked through the crowd, looking for someone likely to be privy to the knowledge he was after. Maybe someone on the older side, not only would that make them more likely to be a long time customer, they also might be a bit more forthcoming and approachable. "Zigzagoon you need to help us out. I know I'm asking a bit much in a place like this but I need you to find someone... not horrible? If that's too big of an ask, maybe look for someone gambling? We might be able to play for information."
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

Little Kanto left you exhausted, despite your initial expectations. You need to unwind, which is only fair, and so your next destination becomes almost obvious.

Before you, a sprawling district filled to the brim with leisure spots spreads in all directions. People stroll around with happy, carefree looks on their faces, and you just know you made the right choice in coming here!

You've geard there is just as much excitement happening underground as on the surface, and you feel you're almost spoiled for choice. As if sensing your newcomer status, however, a woman's voice speaks to you from behind.

"Good evening sir!" You turn to see a lady in her forties with a dark blue uniform adorned with a light blue shooting star pin on her jacket, along with a name tag that reads "Clarice". Come to think of it, you did spot a couple other people walking around with the very same outfit. "You seem to be a bit lost. Could I perhaps interest you in some of our more popular activities?"

She smiles warmly and hands you a brochure, containing a map of the Strip and highlighting some of the venues.

"We get a lot of newcomers, so if you're ever lost, feel free to approach any one of my colleagues around on the streets; we're all here to help guide you to the best possible experience! So, let's get started."

Clarice points to the map she gave you.

"After dusk is when Sparkling Strip starts to come to life, even if the real fun doesn't begin for a few more hours. I'm of course talking about the unforgettable parties that take place in the underground level of many of our esteemed establishments. But to kill time until then, I would suggest you either go for one of the world-famous cocktails at Hard Regirock Café over here, or flirt with lady luck at Jirachi's Casino over... here," she concludes with a smile.

So, will you check either establishment for now, or go explore Sparkling Strip on your own?



TheKnightsFury

Given your options - an all-out brawl that would never be a fair fight or a secluded area where you could let loose to heart's content - you figure you might as well put in the extra effort. Well... not you exactly.

Zigzagoon smiled at your request, and you can't quite tell whether that's because he enjoys being relied on, or if the prospect of helping you get into a fist fight is just that appealing to him. You have some strange companions. The black-and-white critter walks away, nimbly moving between drunkards with surprising agility, somehow avoiding being stepped on or tripping anyone over. Meanwhile, you turn your attention back to the rest of your drink.

"Seems you really want in," says the bartender with an amused voice. "Well... not that you asked for any, but here's my advice: pick your battles as carefully as you pick your liquor. You didn't even ask me what I gave you to drink before gulping it all down..."

After an intentional moment of pause, he chuckles again.

"... Kiddin'. If I was spiking my customers' drinks, I'd probably be out of a job, especially in this lovely neighborhood."

Finally, Zigzagoon approaches again, Impidimp noticing his return first. The critter points with its nose in the direction of a faraway table, where three men in their seventies seemed to be playing some sort of game. Neither of them looks friendly per se, but the fact they're all more focused on playing rather than drinking is somewhat reassuring - at the very least they might be more sober than most of the other patrons.

"Oh, them? Sure, give it a try. They've been hanging around my joint for years. Think you'll get lucky?" asks the bartender teasingly. He seems to be having fun at your expense, especially since he could always just... well, outright tell you his name. Come to think of it, isn't that another option?

So, will you approach the old trio, or maybe try to force a straight answer out of the man in question himself?
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
King Ghidorah:

Little Kanto left you exhausted, despite your initial expectations. You need to unwind, which is only fair, and so your next destination becomes almost obvious.

Before you, a sprawling district filled to the brim with leisure spots spreads in all directions. People stroll around with happy, carefree looks on their faces, and you just know you made the right choice in coming here!

You've geard there is just as much excitement happening underground as on the surface, and you feel you're almost spoiled for choice. As if sensing your newcomer status, however, a woman's voice speaks to you from behind.

"Good evening sir!" You turn to see a lady in her forties with a dark blue uniform adorned with a light blue shooting star pin on her jacket, along with a name tag that reads "Clarice". Come to think of it, you did spot a couple other people walking around with the very same outfit. "You seem to be a bit lost. Could I perhaps interest you in some of our more popular activities?"

She smiles warmly and hands you a brochure, containing a map of the Strip and highlighting some of the venues.

"We get a lot of newcomers, so if you're ever lost, feel free to approach any one of my colleagues around on the streets; we're all here to help guide you to the best possible experience! So, let's get started."

Clarice points to the map she gave you.

"After dusk is when Sparkling Strip starts to come to life, even if the real fun doesn't begin for a few more hours. I'm of course talking about the unforgettable parties that take place in the underground level of many of our esteemed establishments. But to kill time until then, I would suggest you either go for one of the world-famous cocktails at Hard Regirock Café over here, or flirt with lady luck at Jirachi's Casino over... here," she concludes with a smile.

So, will you check either establishment for now, or go explore Sparkling Strip on your own?


”Hello Clarice,” purred Hugo in his best Hannibal Lecter voice. Did Silence of the Lambs exist in this universe? Hugo turned to the camera and shrugged. Wait, what camera?

Hugo cleared his throat. “Well, yes! Hello! Thank you! I must really look lost, don’t I? There certainly is a lot going on, though so thank you for trying to point this old cowpoke in the right direction, partner!”

Blank stares. Internally, Hugo screamed. He screamed inside his heart, to be precise. A very odd person, was Hugo. Some days he could be calculating and brutal, some days a literal clown.


“Anyway, those are seem pretty intriguing options you’ve laid out here. The casino…that certainly has some appeal...”

And it did; in reality, Hugo never felt like much of a gambler, at least not when it came to money. ”You work too hard to blow all your money on those damn lottery scratch offs!" his grandfather used to say to him. Strangely, he would say it to Hugo when he was a child, and had no job, money, or scratch offs. Even so, Hugo carried the lesson with him even now. Maybe his grandfather knew something Hugo didn’t.

“..but the Café has quite the reputation as well. And to be honest, I could use a drink.”

Hugo had always seen people wearing those “Hard Regirock Café” t-shirts all throughout Fizzytopia. They were wildly popular, at least for a time, and Hugo had always wanted to check it out and see if it was worth the hype.

“Really, I need to loosen up a bit. The Café sounds perfect. I guess I’ll just…head that way then.”

And he did!
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

Ultimately, despite the unquestionable appeal (and history, for better or worse) of Jirachi's Casino, you realize that maybe holding on to your life savings and just chilling out with a drink might suit your current needs better at this point.

Moving around in the Sparkling Strip is surprisingly easy, even with the growing number of people strolling about as the "fun hours" of the district approach. You have little trouble finding your way around, and besides, asking any other guide for further directions would never be as fun - unless New Fizz Guide convention determines they must all be named Clarice, in a similar vein to all the nurses and policewomen of this world.

Hard Regirock Café. Its fame preceeds it, and numerous establishments around Fizzytopia bear the same name, but if the brochure is to be believed, this is the original one - thriving here well before New Fizz City was even called "New".

Beneath the world-famous neon sign is an open door welcoming all patrons, no guard standing beside it. Confident in your choice of destination for the early evening, you boldly step inside... only for a loud alarm to sound as soon as you pass through the door.

"Excuse me sir." A man's voice calls to you, deeper than you thought humanly possible. A staff member walks toward you, coming from within the café, and by the size of him you could swear one of his parents is the Battle Tower. "I must ask you to leave your PokéBalls here at the entrance. I will see them returned to you once you desire to leave."

The giant of a man blocks your path, massive palm outstretched in waiting. His expression is not aggressive - simply that of a man slighty tired of having to remind patrons of the same thing all the time.

"If you please, sir. We ensure their return."
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
King Ghidorah:

Ultimately, despite the unquestionable appeal (and history, for better or worse) of Jirachi's Casino, you realize that maybe holding on to your life savings and just chilling out with a drink might suit your current needs better at this point.

Moving around in the Sparkling Strip is surprisingly easy, even with the growing number of people strolling about as the "fun hours" of the district approach. You have little trouble finding your way around, and besides, asking any other guide for further directions would never be as fun - unless New Fizz Guide convention determines they must all be named Clarice, in a similar vein to all the nurses and policewomen of this world.

Hard Regirock Café. Its fame preceeds it, and numerous establishments around Fizzytopia bear the same name, but if the brochure is to be believed, this is the original one - thriving here well before New Fizz City was even called "New".

Beneath the world-famous neon sign is an open door welcoming all patrons, no guard standing beside it. Confident in your choice of destination for the early evening, you boldly step inside... only for a loud alarm to sound as soon as you pass through the door.

"Excuse me sir." A man's voice calls to you, deeper than you thought humanly possible. A staff member walks toward you, coming from within the café, and by the size of him you could swear one of his parents is the Battle Tower. "I must ask you to leave your PokéBalls here at the entrance. I will see them returned to you once you desire to leave."

The giant of a man blocks your path, massive palm outstretched in waiting. His expression is not aggressive - simply that of a man slighty tired of having to remind patrons of the same thing all the time.

"If you please, sir. We ensure their return."
This should have been expected, to be honest. The Sparkling Strip was known for their very strict Poke-policy. To be able to use them, you had to be invited. Otherwise, no dice. Even so, Hugo was reluctant to actually turn them over. Despite his desire to just relax for a bit, Hugo had a knack for finding himself in precarious situations. Leaving himself with essentially no protection left him feeling uneasy. Just in case, you know? With Clarice nowhere to be found and with having to (temporarily) surrender his Pokemon, Hugo would be completely on his own. It had been a long time since that had been the case.

But hey, rules are rules, right? Sometimes you had to play ball to get what you want, he told himself.

“Oh, of course!” Hugo responded, slightly feigning politeness. “Just give me one second here.” He fumbled at the Pokeballs at his waist which were slightly obscured by his jacket, rummaging through his pockets, generally just exuding his own general clumsiness. “Sorry about this. Just been in kind of a crazy headspace these past few days. Still just a bit out of sorts.” He smiled a pained smile and the giant man.

After a few moments, he was able to collect himself. “I really hope you don’t lose these. I’m sure there’s some sort of tracking device right? These mean a lot to me, so please be careful with them.”

He handed the Pokeballs over to the bouncer. All five of them.

You don’t want to know where he hid the sixth.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
356
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury

Given your options - an all-out brawl that would never be a fair fight or a secluded area where you could let loose to heart's content - you figure you might as well put in the extra effort. Well... not you exactly.

Zigzagoon smiled at your request, and you can't quite tell whether that's because he enjoys being relied on, or if the prospect of helping you get into a fist fight is just that appealing to him. You have some strange companions. The black-and-white critter walks away, nimbly moving between drunkards with surprising agility, somehow avoiding being stepped on or tripping anyone over. Meanwhile, you turn your attention back to the rest of your drink.

"Seems you really want in," says the bartender with an amused voice. "Well... not that you asked for any, but here's my advice: pick your battles as carefully as you pick your liquor. You didn't even ask me what I gave you to drink before gulping it all down..."

After an intentional moment of pause, he chuckles again.

"... Kiddin'. If I was spiking my customers' drinks, I'd probably be out of a job, especially in this lovely neighborhood."

Finally, Zigzagoon approaches again, Impidimp noticing his return first. The critter points with its nose in the direction of a faraway table, where three men in their seventies seemed to be playing some sort of game. Neither of them looks friendly per se, but the fact they're all more focused on playing rather than drinking is somewhat reassuring - at the very least they might be more sober than most of the other patrons.

"Oh, them? Sure, give it a try. They've been hanging around my joint for years. Think you'll get lucky?" asks the bartender teasingly. He seems to be having fun at your expense, especially since he could always just... well, outright tell you his name. Come to think of it, isn't that another option?

So, will you approach the old trio, or maybe try to force a straight answer out of the man in question himself?
Zigzagoon was relishing the opportunity to put his skills to good use and he continued to see success. A trio of older gentlemen were parked at a table towards the back of the establishment. They appeared to be playing some kind of game, although it was one he didn't immediately recognize. Perhaps he could pull up a seat and worm his way in. The bartender provided a quick bit of information on his targets, confirming they were regulars. "Well then, let's get over there." Xander slammed down the rest of his drink, a bit more liquid courage would surely come in handy.

He stumbled his way across the room, bumping shoulders with other patrons. Zigzagoon weaved through their legs, while Impidimp remained clinging to his shoulders. The Dark type inhaled deeply, absorbing some of the negative energy that was streaming off of everybody. "Behave yourself and keep a low profile with these guys, don't need you blowing it." Xander was wary of the Pokemon whose fate had been tied to his own. He feared that he wouldn't be able to stop Impidimp from becoming the same murderous, malicious Grimmsnarl that he'd once fought to the death with.

As Xander neared the table, he grabbed a nearby chair and dragged it noisily alongside him. "Mind if I pull up a stump?" Xander chimed as he reached the table. "Not sure how much longer my legs can hold me and I could use a distraction. What are you playing there?" He slumped into the chair, letting out an audible moan as his ass hit the seat.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
King Ghidorah:

Uncomfortable with the idea of being left entirely unprotected, you decide to try and fool the behemoth; feigning clumsiness, you end up delivering only five of your PokéBalls, concealing the last one in parts unknown. You hold your breath while the man looks silently at the Balls you did relinquish, and in the end, all he gives you is a silent nod before moving to the side.

First hurdle seemingly overcome, you finally step into the café proper, and it is totally worth it. The place is large but welcoming at the same time; to your left are several tables for either two, three or four people, most of them taken already. To your left is the bar itself, with a long mahogany counter lined with several rotating chairs and, luckily, plenty of empty seats. The sheer number and variety of drinks on the glass display behind the bartenders is frankly astounding.

To further compound the atmosphere, at the far end of the Café sits a man playing on a grand piano, and an obviously talented jazz singer lends her voice to create just the perfectly relaxing mood. Maybe not the kind of music you would expect given the establishment's name, but all in all, there is little cause for complaint.

"Good evening sir!"

Another staff member approaches you, though this one definitely closer to your age and build, and unquestionably friendlier than the gentleman you met at the entrance.

"My name is Lector, I'll be your waiter for the evening. Should we find you a seat? I'm sure we can accommodate a table for one, so you may relax and enjoy our famous dishes." The man is all smiles as he points to the tables to your left. "Of course, if you prefer, you may also take a seat at the counter over there and order your drinks directly to the bartender."

So, what will it be?




TheKnightsFury

Your choice falls on the aging trio and whatever game they're playing. As you make your way over to their table, you bump into several patrons, one of them randomly yelling "sod off, I told you it ain't Ducklett!!" in slurred speech for whatever reason.

The men don't seem to notice you approach at first. It's only when you invite yourselfninto the fold that they dare to acknowledge your existence, although notnas visibly upset at the intrusion as you might have expected at first.

You glance over the wooden table to find an old, worn-looking deck of cards and a set of several marble dice. The elders, all of them sporting unkempt grizzly beards and smelling of booze, have their eyes on you as you go on without being invited. When you're done talking they exchange silent glances, before one of the men finally decides to break the ice.

"Howdy stranger. Name's Pitt."

"... Norton."

"I'm Durden. I’d tell you to take a seat, but no point now… New around these parts, I reckon?"

The man of fewer words, Norton, points with two fingers at the items on the table, but says nothing else. Pitt steps in to clarify.

"He's glad you joined us. Says to pick a game, since you're the new face."

Durden laughs in his raspy, tired voice and further explains what they mean.

"We lot don't know many games. We've been sittin' at this here table for years each night playin' just one of two - Liar's Dice and Driftveil Hold'Em. So... make your choice, kid!"
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
356
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury

Your choice falls on the aging trio and whatever game they're playing. As you make your way over to their table, you bump into several patrons, one of them randomly yelling "sod off, I told you it ain't Ducklett!!" in slurred speech for whatever reason.

The men don't seem to notice you approach at first. It's only when you invite yourself into the fold that they dare to acknowledge your existence, although not as visibly upset at the intrusion as you might have expected at first.

You glance over the wooden table to find an old, worn-looking deck of cards and a set of several marble dice. The elders, all of them sporting unkempt grizzly beards and smelling of booze, have their eyes on you as you go on without being invited. When you're done talking they exchange silent glances, before one of the men finally decides to break the ice.

"Howdy stranger. Name's Pitt."

"... Norton."

"I'm Durden. I’d tell you to take a seat, but no point now… New around these parts, I reckon?"

The man of fewer words, Norton, points with two fingers at the items on the table, but says nothing else. Pitt steps in to clarify.

"He's glad you joined us. Says to pick a game, since you're the new face."

Durden laughs in his raspy, tired voice and further explains what they mean.

"We lot don't know many games. We've been sittin' at this here table for years each night playin' just one of two - Liar's Dice and Driftveil Hold'Em. So... make your choice, kid!"

Xander was shocked at how easily he was accepted at the table. He'd half expected to be told to fuck off as soon as he sat down but to his surprise the older men were quite welcoming. They exchange a quick glance amongst themselves before turning their attention to him, introducing themselves. Pitt, Norton and Durden, strange names.....

"Nice to meet you fellas, you can call me Harvey." Xander had taken to not using his real name recently. He changed it up with each new establishment he entered. He didn't want to develop a reputation. Impidimp let out a snicker, amused by his trainer's antics. He was invited to join in the games the men were playing, being given two choices, a game of dice or a game of cards. Both had the potential for shady tactics. Loaded die were always a risk, while a smooth operator could easily manipulate a card game, whether it be counting or tricks up the sleeve. He wasn't afraid to lose, it wasn't money he was after, it was information and losing might even make them be a bit more forthcoming. That said, he'd feel much more comfortable with the cards.

"How about a game of Driftveil Hold'Em?" Xander/Harvey replied. "Might take me a while to pick it up but it's all in good fun right? Unless we're wagering?" They hadn't mentioned anything about money yet, none of them seemed to be flushed with cash. Zigzagoon leapt up onto Xander's lap, eyes locked on the deck of cards.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
TheKnightsFury

You decide to take the old men up on their offer for a card game. Durden seems the most pleased, and is quick to grab the deck and shuffle - for someone in his seventies, he handles the cards with surprising dexterity, tossing them across the table to each player nimbly and without hesitation. Still, if what they say is true, you suppose that playing the same game every night for years on end would make you proficient regardless of age...

Impidimp peers over your shoulder to see what you got, while Zigzagoon paces around your legs somewhat impatiently. You came here to throw fists, so why are you throwing cards?

"Have you ever played a game of Driftveil Hold'Em where you didn't wager?" asks Pitt as he peeks at his hand.

"I mean what else would we do with our pension?" adds Durden with a coy smile.

Norton, however, doesn't seem as jovial as the other two. He's yet to even pick up his pair of cards and his eyes are firmly locked on you.

"... What are you after?"

His tone is dry, but not overtly challenging. If anything, it sounds more curious than threatening, despite Norton's overall less friendly vibe than the other two.

As you ponder on what to answer, wondering when to make your move, you take a glance at your cards. Since you’ve laid out the challenge, you might as well run with it for now – besides, the longer you spend on trivial matters like this, the more pent up frustration you feel, and for someone who only came in here to throw down, they sure are making your life difficult… why would that be?


So, how's it gonna be?
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2018
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
King Ghidorah:

Uncomfortable with the idea of being left entirely unprotected, you decide to try and fool the behemoth; feigning clumsiness, you end up delivering only five of your PokéBalls, concealing the last one in parts unknown. You hold your breath while the man looks silently at the Balls you did relinquish, and in the end, all he gives you is a silent nod before moving to the side.

First hurdle seemingly overcome, you finally step into the café proper, and it is totally worth it. The place is large but welcoming at the same time; to your left are several tables for either two, three or four people, most of them taken already. To your left is the bar itself, with a long mahogany counter lined with several rotating chairs and, luckily, plenty of empty seats. The sheer number and variety of drinks on the glass display behind the bartenders is frankly astounding.

To further compound the atmosphere, at the far end of the Café sits a man playing on a grand piano, and an obviously talented jazz singer lends her voice to create just the perfectly relaxing mood. Maybe not the kind of music you would expect given the establishment's name, but all in all, there is little cause for complaint.

"Good evening sir!"

Another staff member approaches you, though this one definitely closer to your age and build, and unquestionably friendlier than the gentleman you met at the entrance.

"My name is Lector, I'll be your waiter for the evening. Should we find you a seat? I'm sure we can accommodate a table for one, so you may relax and enjoy our famous dishes." The man is all smiles as he points to the tables to your left. "Of course, if you prefer, you may also take a seat at the counter over there and order your drinks directly to the bartender."

So, what will it be?
“Your, uh…your name….is Lector, you say? That’s certainly…unique!” Hugo forced a cheery smile. Yet below the surface, he wanted to vomit. Heavily. For such a renowned establishment, they certainly made an odd choice for maître d’ with this one, but hey, maybe it was just an unfortunate coincidence. Hugo could only hope so.

But it was time to unwind. Let’s not focus on what we cannot control, and instead focus on what we can, right? The restaurant certainly did not lack for charm. The soothing sounds of the pianist and singer helped Hugo ease himself a little bit, and he decided to just go with the flow. Though the bar looked as though it could be a bit of fun, Hugo thought he deserved a little preferential treatment. Some me time, some would say. Perhaps a separate table would be the better choice.

“Hm, well, Hannib-…Hector, wait, sorry Lector, I think a table for one would be fine.”


Some people had trouble eating alone. Being alone. Hugo didn’t like to be without his Pokemon for protection and camaraderie, but he also had no issue doing things alone that others preferred to do in groups. The introvert in him, I suppose.

“This certainly is a very lovely place. The singer, she’s very lovely. Who is she? Does she work here all the time?”

Hugo was a bit entranced by her, keeping his eyes on her as he began to follow Lector to wherever he was being led.

“Oh and hey, by the way, you’re totally not a cannibal right?”

He said it jocosely. He hoped it would be taken as such. Or maybe that Lector wouldn’t hear it at all.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
7
grassyglide-

Using your quick wits and your Pokedex, you were able to deduce there was a group of Cascoon that had taken up residence within the greenhouse. Trying to alert the tour guide, you raise your hand in the hope that she'd noticed during her explanations. Raiding your hand as high as you could, it seemed that you were noticed as she had stopped her explanations.

"Oh, yes! What his your question?" she asked you in an encouraging tone.

You then proceed to tell her about the Cascoon you saw taking up residence in the garden. A few of the children in the group look puzzled at the question and start chattering and questioning what a Cascoon was. While you could see her face, Angelica's silence was enough to paint a picture.

"Okay, so, Cascoon is the other evolved form of Wurmple. They evolve into Dustox, which is incredibly dangerous to the ecosystem of this room. Usually, when one of our Wurmple evolve into Cascoon, we relocate them to our moth room," she stated, the last bit a little under her breath.

"Well, it's time for a more interactive part of the tour. If there are any trainers here, I would like to request your help in detaining and relocating these Cascoon. I'll see if I can try and swing a little read with my manager as well," she stated, ushering the pedestrians to a small corner of the area.

Looking over, you could see it was a small benched area surrounded by flowers that she sits the group in. She then gives the n and the two trainers that were with you earlier. One of them brings out a Cyndaquil, looking to be a Johto native as well. The other brings out an Oshawott, looking to be someone from Unova. Since you were the one to spot the Cascoon, they looked at you for the go-ahead.

What do you do?
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,394
Reaction score
5
Using your quick wits and your Pokedex, you were able to deduce there was a group of Cascoon that had taken up residence within the greenhouse. Trying to alert the tour guide, you raise your hand in the hope that she'd noticed during her explanations. Raiding your hand as high as you could, it seemed that you were noticed as she had stopped her explanations.

"Oh, yes! What his your question?" she asked you in an encouraging tone.

You then proceed to tell her about the Cascoon you saw taking up residence in the garden. A few of the children in the group look puzzled at the question and start chattering and questioning what a Cascoon was. While you could see her face, Angelica's silence was enough to paint a picture.

"Okay, so, Cascoon is the other evolved form of Wurmple. They evolve into Dustox, which is incredibly dangerous to the ecosystem of this room. Usually, when one of our Wurmple evolve into Cascoon, we relocate them to our moth room," she stated, the last bit a little under her breath.

"Well, it's time for a more interactive part of the tour. If there are any trainers here, I would like to request your help in detaining and relocating these Cascoon. I'll see if I can try and swing a little read with my manager as well," she stated, ushering the pedestrians to a small corner of the area.

Looking over, you could see it was a small benched area surrounded by flowers that she sits the group in. She then gives the n and the two trainers that were with you earlier. One of them brings out a Cyndaquil, looking to be a Johto native as well. The other brings out an Oshawott, looking to be someone from Unova. Since you were the one to spot the Cascoon, they looked at you for the go-ahead.

What do you do?
Riiiiight..., Argyle thought as he nodded while listening to Angelica, Relocate them to the moth room, huh?

Argyle wanted to take what Angelica said at face value but it seemed to him that she was clearly just trying to save face. If this happens more often than not, shouldn't they have staff on hand to just relocate the Cascoon without harming them, Argyle continued his thoughts, but she wants to have us trainers take care of it? At that point, there wasn't much Argyle could do about his current situation, so he stopped thinking on this.

As the rest of the group relocated to a small benched area, Argyle took a good look at the Cascoon he spotted earlier. Unlike the Silcoon that had a Beautifly protecting them, these Cascoon seemed unprotected. Hopefully it would remain that way and make Argyle's life easier. He was also concerned that the other Pokemon in the room might somehow get tangled up in the battle. They had to do a good job isolating the battle off from the rest of the Pokemon. Argyle adjusted his attention to the two trainers that were left with him. "Looks like it's on us to move them," Argyle started, "Unlike the Silcoon that had a Beautifly watching over them from earlier in the tour, these Cascoon seem to be without a guardian. That will hopefully make our lives easier. I'm just worried that the other Pokemon might get caught up in the middle of this, so let's just try to keep the battle as isolated as possible, ok? Also go easy on them, it's not their fault they evolved in the wrong place." Argyle then addressed the Cyndaquil's trainer, "I hope you and your partner can control their flames. Last thing we want is starting a fire in this greenhouse."

He turned to his own partner and said, "I know you can do this, but remember to go easy on them." Wisewoods nodded in agreement. "Alright then, Wisewoods, start things off with a Peck attack," he ordered. Just like that, his Rowlet took to the sky and began approaching the cocoon Pokemon. It also served as the unofficial signal for the other two trainers to start.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
356
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury

You decide to take the old men up on their offer for a card game. Durden seems the most pleased, and is quick to grab the deck and shuffle - for someone in his seventies, he handles the cards with surprising dexterity, tossing them across the table to each player nimbly and without hesitation. Still, if what they say is true, you suppose that playing the same game every night for years on end would make you proficient regardless of age...

Impidimp peers over your shoulder to see what you got, while Zigzagoon paces around your legs somewhat impatiently. You came here to throw fists, so why are you throwing cards?

"Have you ever played a game of Driftveil Hold'Em where you didn't wager?" asks Pitt as he peeks at his hand.

"I mean what else would we do with our pension?" adds Durden with a coy smile.

Norton, however, doesn't seem as jovial as the other two. He's yet to even pick up his pair of cards and his eyes are firmly locked on you.

"... What are you after?"

His tone is dry, but not overtly challenging. If anything, it sounds more curious than threatening, despite Norton's overall less friendly vibe than the other two.

As you ponder on what to answer, wondering when to make your move, you take a glance at your cards. Since you’ve laid out the challenge, you might as well run with it for now – besides, the longer you spend on trivial matters like this, the more pent up frustration you feel, and for someone who only came in here to throw down, they sure are making your life difficult… why would that be?


So, how's it gonna be?
"hmmm' Xander pondered. He wasn't exactly flushed with cash right now and with his limited experience and muddled mind, his chances of winning here were slim. He also didn't want to spend his whole night anchored to this table, he wanted action! "I'm afraid I'm a bit low on funds at the moment, but how about I wager some items and in return, you wager some information. I'm trying to get into the VIP area but I need to know the bartender's name. If I win, how about you tell me the name?" Xander swung his bag of his back, digging through it for items he didn't care too much about. Plenty of berries and a couple of held items such as a Stainless Gear, some Never-melt-ice and an Icy Rock. He wasn't sure if the older gentlemen had much use for them, but they could always pawn them off.

Having suggested the stakes of the game, Xander accepted his two cards. A Jack and a King, two high cards. He could only assume it was a decent hand. Not knowing any of the rules yet, he figured he'd just follow suit and pick it up as he went. He cracked a big grin. He knew he would never be able to keep a straight face, so instead, he figured he'd try and maintain the opposite. React pleased to everything, even if the cards weren't in his favour. Impidimp and Zigzagoon were growing impatient, neither liked sitting still for too long. "Ahh, what do I do now?" Xander questioned.



ADVENTURE TERMINATED
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
7
grassyglide-

With your advice given to the other trainers, they give you a nod that they're ready. You then give Wisewood the order to use Peck, the Rowlet goes in at the group of Cascoon. The impact of the peck dislodged the purple cocoon and causes it to get knocked out. Seems that it wasn't all too powerful now, was it?

You could see the other trainers give their pokemon their orders. The Cyndaquil uses a Flame Wheel, managing to perfectly hit one of the other Cascoon without causing the whole place to go up in flames. The Oshawott uses Razor Shell, which cuts the silk holding the cocoons up and dazing the last one. This was pretty easy all things considered. Angelica claps as you three finish subduing all three, trying to impress the children.

For his efforts, Wisewoods has gained a level!

"Good job you three! I'll have those moved to the moth room before they wake up, don't worry," she states before pulling out a pocket radio. She states a few codewords into it and then puts it away. She then turns to address you and the others once again. "I'll see if I can swing a reward for all of you with my manager at the end of the tour."

She then turns back to the group and starts to corral them back along the path. You were at the exit of the room at this point, and she looked ready to go towards the next room. At the corner of your eye, you could see something white and fluffy. Turning your head, you see a cocoon-like pokemon staring at you. It looked like it was covered in confetti, and it looked at you in awe. Did this Pokemon want to come along with you?

What do you do?
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,394
Reaction score
5
grassyglide-

With your advice given to the other trainers, they give you a nod that they're ready. You then give Wisewood the order to use Peck, the Rowlet goes in at the group of Cascoon. The impact of the peck dislodged the purple cocoon and causes it to get knocked out. Seems that it wasn't all too powerful now, was it?

You could see the other trainers give their pokemon their orders. The Cyndaquil uses a Flame Wheel, managing to perfectly hit one of the other Cascoon without causing the whole place to go up in flames. The Oshawott uses Razor Shell, which cuts the silk holding the cocoons up and dazing the last one. This was pretty easy all things considered. Angelica claps as you three finish subduing all three, trying to impress the children.

For his efforts, Wisewoods has gained a level!

"Good job you three! I'll have those moved to the moth room before they wake up, don't worry," she states before pulling out a pocket radio. She states a few codewords into it and then puts it away. She then turns to address you and the others once again. "I'll see if I can swing a reward for all of you with my manager at the end of the tour."

She then turns back to the group and starts to corral them back along the path. You were at the exit of the room at this point, and she looked ready to go towards the next room. At the corner of your eye, you could see something white and fluffy. Turning your head, you see a cocoon-like pokemon staring at you. It looked like it was covered in confetti, and it looked at you in awe. Did this Pokemon want to come along with you?

What do you do?
Wisewoods made quick work of the task at hand, which wasn't all that hard to begin with. He was able to cut down the Cascoon with a single gentle peck. Argyle sighed in relief as it all went smoothly. Wisewoods promptly flew back to his trainer and assumed his regular perch on Argyle's left shoulder. Argyle petted his Pokemon and congratulated him on a job well done. Argyle observed the other trainers make relatively quick work of the task as well, with the Cyndaquil using Flame Wheel and the Oshawott using Razor Shell. Once all three were done, Argyle turned his attention to Angelica.

After Angelica finished congratulating the trio of trainers and mentioning a potential reward, she assumed her duties as tour guide and wsa trying to usher the tour group into the next room. Argyle was about to take his place towards the back of the group as they entered the next room, when he caught something white in his peripheral vision. He turned around to notice a pair of eyes glistening with awe poking out of a white cocoon-like body. The Pokemon was clearly mesmerized by Argyle and his partner Wisewoods that Argyle could not help but blush a little. With his eyes fixated on those of the Pokemon, his hand slowly reached down for a Pokeball. Then, he proceeded to gently toss the Pokeball towards the cocoon. At that point all Argyle and Wisewoods could do was wait to see if they were going to step into the next room with another friend.
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
7
grassyglide-

You throw the Pokeball, hoping to see if a new friend will come and join you. Well, it sort of ends up happening that way. You see the Pokemon headbutt the ball back to you, a little sad that you'd just through the ball without even trying to interact with it. The Pokemon comes out of the bushes and reveals itself to be a Spewpa. The Kalosian bug looks at you with wide eyes, seeming to want to come along with you to finish the tour.

Before you make a decision, you hear Angelica calling out to you. Something about how people aren't supposed to wander around the area while the tour was going on. Giving a slight not to the SPewpa, you and Wisewoods run into the next room. It felt bad not being able to give it a proper answer, but you didn't want to get in trouble for sure.

Entering the next room, the smell of saltwater hit your nose instantly. You notice palm trees and tropical flowers across the room, as well as an artificial ocean in a sense. It was more a small pond that washed against a small beach. You could see Butterfree flying around here as well, but their wings looked a lot different. As soon as you caught up to the group, you could hear the tail end of hearing Angelica explaining the differences that these Pokemon can have from region to region. While the room was pretty cool looking, it ultimately wasn't as eventful as the last one. You to hear shuffling behind you every so often though, and sometimes swear you see the Spewpa behind you.

"Alright everyone, we're about to enter our last area! I did mention it before, but this is the moth room! It is pretty dark in there, but we did set up lights along the path that will allow you to see it still!" she happily explains as she leads everyone into the room.

Entering the room, it was much colder than the previous rooms. It felt like you were in a moonlit forest, with small glowing mushrooms. You could see the likes of Dustox, Venomoth, and Frosmoth all flying in the air. There was a certain grace and elegance to the room that the previous rooms had. Looking around, you could see a Mothim resting on a branch, looking protective over a group of Wormadam hanging from the branches. There were Venonats playing by a pond, and a group of Snom looking at the children.

As Angelica began bringing up each species in the room and giving their characteristics, you hear a loud noise.

"CASCOOOON!"

The entire group stops as the noise filled the room. There you could see Cascoon you had previously encountered. It was pretty mad, considering what you did to it was a little rude. The Pokemon is known to hold grudges, and seeing you again probably awakened that grudge. Before anything else could happen, the Spewpa from before jumped in front of you. It seemed it wanted to battle with you, to see if you would be a good trainer for it.

You have the ability to battle the Cascoon with the Spewpa! It's Lv. 9, and knows the moves Tackle, String Shot, Stun Spore, Harden, Protect, and MT Bug Bite.

What do you do?
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,394
Reaction score
5
grassyglide-

You throw the Pokeball, hoping to see if a new friend will come and join you. Well, it sort of ends up happening that way. You see the Pokemon headbutt the ball back to you, a little sad that you'd just through the ball without even trying to interact with it. The Pokemon comes out of the bushes and reveals itself to be a Spewpa. The Kalosian bug looks at you with wide eyes, seeming to want to come along with you to finish the tour.

Before you make a decision, you hear Angelica calling out to you. Something about how people aren't supposed to wander around the area while the tour was going on. Giving a slight not to the SPewpa, you and Wisewoods run into the next room. It felt bad not being able to give it a proper answer, but you didn't want to get in trouble for sure.

Entering the next room, the smell of saltwater hit your nose instantly. You notice palm trees and tropical flowers across the room, as well as an artificial ocean in a sense. It was more a small pond that washed against a small beach. You could see Butterfree flying around here as well, but their wings looked a lot different. As soon as you caught up to the group, you could hear the tail end of hearing Angelica explaining the differences that these Pokemon can have from region to region. While the room was pretty cool looking, it ultimately wasn't as eventful as the last one. You to hear shuffling behind you every so often though, and sometimes swear you see the Spewpa behind you.

"Alright everyone, we're about to enter our last area! I did mention it before, but this is the moth room! It is pretty dark in there, but we did set up lights along the path that will allow you to see it still!" she happily explains as she leads everyone into the room.

Entering the room, it was much colder than the previous rooms. It felt like you were in a moonlit forest, with small glowing mushrooms. You could see the likes of Dustox, Venomoth, and Frosmoth all flying in the air. There was a certain grace and elegance to the room that the previous rooms had. Looking around, you could see a Mothim resting on a branch, looking protective over a group of Wormadam hanging from the branches. There were Venonats playing by a pond, and a group of Snom looking at the children.

As Angelica began bringing up each species in the room and giving their characteristics, you hear a loud noise.

"CASCOOOON!"

The entire group stops as the noise filled the room. There you could see Cascoon you had previously encountered. It was pretty mad, considering what you did to it was a little rude. The Pokemon is known to hold grudges, and seeing you again probably awakened that grudge. Before anything else could happen, the Spewpa from before jumped in front of you. It seemed it wanted to battle with you, to see if you would be a good trainer for it.

You have the ability to battle the Cascoon with the Spewpa! It's Lv. 9, and knows the moves Tackle, String Shot, Stun Spore, Harden, Protect, and MT Bug Bite.

What do you do?
The ball floated momentarily into the air before it collided with the Pokemon. Argyle and Wisewoods watched with slight surprise as the Pokemon headbutted the ball back to Argyle and then jump out of the bushes. Argyle had taken the look of awe in the Pokemon's eyes to mean that it was fully onboard with joining Argyle's team. Clearly, that was not the case. Argyle thought back to how he had met Wisewoods. Argyle had sat under a tree and meticulously laid out berries that would draw the Pokemon's attention. They had spent the afternoon enjoying the Ilex Forest and the berries. Only when it was time to go, the Rowlet had indicated it wanted to travel with Argyle. Argyle shook his head. Bonding with Pokemon takes time and effort, he thought, a Pokemon isn't gonna be drawn in completely simply cause he or she watched you take down a Cascoon.

Angelica's voice interrupted Argyle's thoughts. Before he could mull on this even more and consider approaching the Spewpa, he was being directed into the moth room. All Argyle could do was nod to the little Pokemon as he moved onto the dimly lit room. Argyle and Wisewoods shivered a bit as they entered and then looked around to take notice of the various Moth Pokemon such as Frosmoth, Venomoth and Dustox flying around. The trainer-Pokemon pair really enjoyed the aesthetic the room was going for. It was probably their favorite room so far. Too bad their enjoyment was interrupted by a cry: "CASCOOON!"

Argyle quickly spun around to locate the source of the sound. It was the purple cocoon from the butterfly room. Oh no, Argyle thought, it's mad at us from before. I can't really blame him though. Argyle had been happy that the incident in the butterfly room had been taken care of by a single Peck. However, as is the case in most things in life, it did not turn out to be that easy. The Cascoon was out for revenge and it didn't seem like saying sorry would be enough. Argyle let out a sigh and was about to tell Wisewoods to get ready, when he noticed a white flash in his peripheral vision. Moments later, the white flash was standing in front of him. It was the Spewpa from before. Argyle smiled. "Looks like you want to get a feel for partnering up with me, huh," he asked the Pokemon. The Spewpa turned to lock eyes with Argyle and nodded. Despite the slight tinge of sadness in the Pokemon's eyes from earlier when Argyle had jumped the gun and tried catching it, it seemed like the Spewpa still had respect and admiration for Argyle. Argyle was not about to let the Scatterdust Pokemon down. "Alright then," Argyle said, "Let's do this! Start things up with a String Shot to slow down the Cascoon as much as possible and follow it up with a Tackle."

It seemed like the Spewpa was waiting all its life for this moment. The Pokemon was quick to engage in battle and start spewing out sticky strings.
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
7

grassyglide-

Seeing the Spewpa's determination, you allow it to fight with you. You quickly give it orders against the Cascoon, and the cocoon with you nods. The Kalosian bug lets out a String Shot, spewing stick thread all around the Cascoon to lower its movement. Well, bad news there, the thing is pretty immobile already so it doesn't seem to mind all too much about the movement restrictions. In return you could see its soft cocoon start to harden up, a sort of grey outlining washing over it before dispersing. With the defense increase, it would be more of a challenge on taking the Pokemon down.

This doesn't deter the Spewpa, who hops forwards before hitting the Cascoon square on with a Tackle. You could see small bits of what looked like papery glitter fly through the air, making for a dazzling display as the attack connects. The force of the move pushes the opposing bug type back a little bit, but it firmly stands its ground. . Your allied Spewpa looks a little surprised but hasn't given up at all. This was a battle it felt it could win.

The Cascoon, though, has hatred in its eyes. If the Spewpa was going to stand in the way of its revenge, so be it. It focuses a strand of its cocoon into a long, thin needle and imbues it with poison before firing it off at the Spewpa. You could see it sting the Spewpa pretty hard, but luckily it manages to avoid getting poisoned from the move. It looked like both of them were pretty matched, one offensive and the other defensive. You needed to find a way to piece the Cascoon's defense.

What do you do?
 
Active Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
1,394
Reaction score
5
Seeing the Spewpa's determination, you allow it to fight with you. You quickly give it orders against the Cascoon, and the cocoon with you nods. The Kalosian bug lets out a String Shot, spewing stick thread all around the Cascoon to lower its movement. Well, bad news there, the thing is pretty immobile already so it doesn't seem to mind all too much about the movement restrictions. In return you could see its soft cocoon start to harden up, a sort of grey outlining washing over it before dispersing. With the defense increase, it would be more of a challenge on taking the Pokemon down.

This doesn't deter the Spewpa, who hops forwards before hitting the Cascoon square on with a Tackle. You could see small bits of what looked like papery glitter fly through the air, making for a dazzling display as the attack connects. The force of the move pushes the opposing bug type back a little bit, but it firmly stands its ground. . Your allied Spewpa looks a little surprised but hasn't given up at all. This was a battle it felt it could win.

The Cascoon, though, has hatred in its eyes. If the Spewpa was going to stand in the way of its revenge, so be it. It focuses a strand of its cocoon into a long, thin needle and imbues it with poison before firing it off at the Spewpa. You could see it sting the Spewpa pretty hard, but luckily it manages to avoid getting poisoned from the move. It looked like both of them were pretty matched, one offensive and the other defensive. You needed to find a way to piece the Cascoon's defense.
As soon as Argyle finished ordering the moves, Spewpa started spewing strings to wrap the Cascoon. Argyle wasn't really sure what he was expecting that to do. He was hoping to imprison the opposing Cocoon Pokemon in a string casing so it would have restricted its movements furthermore. There was one problem with that plan: Cascoon was already a cocoon, so another layer of strings wasn't going to do much. Oh well, Argyle thought, You live and you learn. As much as he tried to play it off cool, he couldn't help but feel embarassed and think if the Spewpa was thinking "I'd be fighting better if I were by myself." Of course, Argyle knew better than to dwell on such thoughts, so his embarrassment was only momentary as he quickly shifted his focus back to the battle at hand. He watched as Cascoon used Harden to boost its defense followed by Spewpa connecting with a Tackle. While the defense boost definitely helped Cascoon stand its ground, Argyle could feel that the battle could be won. He looked towards the Spewpa and the Scatterdust Pokemon seemed to be thinking the same thing.

That's when Cascoon hit back with a nasty Poison Sting attack. As Spewpa reeled in from the blow, both Argyle and Wisewoods winced. Luckily, the Pokemon was not poisoned. However, Argyle's confidence from when Spewpa had landed the Tackle moments ago was starting to slip. Here he was in a new land, battling with a Pokemon he didn't really know. Perhaps it was too early to say anything, but Argyle was still under the impression that he did not start this battle off well. There was ample reason for Argyle to feel flustered by the situation. Rather than dwell on all that, all Argyle could do was try to do better now.

His partner Wisewoods, perched on Argyle's left shoulder, let out a cry in support of the Spewpa. The Spewpa turned around to acknowledge the support. In that brief moment, Argyle saw the fire in the Pokemon's eyes still burning. This affair was far from over. Wisewoods' chirp reminded Argyle that he could at any point in time ask for the Pokemon's help. In fact, it would make this whole thing much easier, but that would perhaps make for the Spewpa never forgiving him for stealing its moment. Still, it was a comforting thought to know that if ever the situation got too dire that Argyle had an escape plan.

Now, Argyle started considering what to do next. He could ask Spewpa to boost its defense with a Harden of its own. After all, the Poison Sting hit pretty hard. Argyle was not sure whether Stun Spore would be useful or not. While paralyzing the opponent would be beneficial, he knew from the Pokedex info on Cascoon that its ability, Shed Skin, gave it the chance to heal itself from paralysis among other statuses. It didn't seem like the gamble was worth it to him; Cascoon shedding off the effects would have been more likely than it not being able to attack due to paralysis. "Alright then," Argyle said, "Use Harden yourself, followed by a Protect. Then, hit the Cascoon with a Bug Bite!"

Argyle and Wisewoods watched on.
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
189
Reaction score
7
grassyglide-

Analyzing your opponent, you give the Spewpa its orders to tackle the Cascoon. Well, a tackle in not the Pokemon move sense. Anyways, you at first watch the Spewpa harden itself, using its confetti-like skin to turn its soft, fuzzy hide into a solid, hard coat. The Cascoon eyes with interest, seeing the Spewpa copying its strategy. This doesn't really go well with the Cascoon at all. It decides that if it can't piece your defenses, it could try its luck whittling you down. It uses another Poison Sting, trying to fish for a chance of poisoning the Spewpa. You watch as the silken needle flies in the air, but luckily you thought about that ahead of time.

A bright blue light appears, washing over the area before centering in on the Spewpa. A blue, protective barrier surrounds it, and the Poison Sting harmlessly bounces off, protecting the Spewpa from harm. THe Cascoon's eyes fill with shock, not expect its attack to be protected against. With that came an opening, and Spewpa was going to take advantage of it.

You see powdery confetti fly through the air as the Spewpa lunges towards the Cascoon. It's aw was wide open, and filled with a greenish, bug-typed light. The Spewpa bites down on the Cascoon, causing the purple cocoon to wince in pain. It's obvious that was a hard-hitting, direct hit. It was obviously not dealing with the pain well and began to wince in pain at the attack. Its strength was faltering, but it still had a fight left and immediately retaliates with a Tackle. It gets so momentum going, and slams the Spewpa into a tree.

Your foe's on the ropes, but Spewpa is cornered. If you play your cards right, you might be able to finish the battle soon! What do you do?
 
Top