• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Forms for Shaymin in Sword & Shield and the Gen IV remakes

Why Shaymin in particular? I think it would be really cool if a legendary got a forme which actually needed one; y'know like Genesect.

Maybe armor or item that could allow transformations with its moves?
Bounce -> flying ->seed flare->back to regular form. Weird but Shamin should actually be retyped to grass/fairy. Hmmm fire/grass and grass/ice or grass/ghost form?

I can't think of any way adding a forme for Shaymin could work lore-wise.

Why Shaymin in particular? I think it would be really cool if a legendary got a forme which actually needed one; y'know like Genesect.
You know, they never showed how Genesect looked like before it was modified. This could work perfectly although I don't think it will happen soon.

I don't know what new form they can add to Shaymin. There are legendaries like Kyurem and Genesect who had mysterious forms that are not accessible to players.

I can't think of any way adding a forme for Shaymin could work lore-wise.

You know, they never showed how Genesect looked like before it was modified. This could work perfectly although I don't think it will happen soon.
A common fan theory is that Genesect is a modified Kabutops, given their similar poses, but a new primal form would be fun as well.

Updated the thread to add Gen IV remake.
I don't think Gen 4 remakes would really change anything, though. Mew didn't get new forms in FRLG, Celebi didn't get new forms in HGSS, and Deoxys and Jirachi didn't get new forms in ORAS, even though Deoxys does have alternate forms.

A common fan theory is that Genesect is a modified Kabutops, given their similar poses, but a new primal form would be fun as well.

My problem with that theory (among other things) is definitely the lack of prior Bug-type in the Kabuto's line typing. A Genesect fossil should logically be Bug/Rock like the Armaldo line is. Not only that, but the Pokemon itself was never implied to have been renamed by Team Plasma, and the Pokedex entries don't imply that, either. It was always known as Genesect it seems, & If it were simply a modified Kabutops, then it would have been mentioned in the lore I feel like.

Also don't think unmodified Genesect was a Horseshoe Crab, but I guess we'll never know for now.

My problem with that theory (among other things) is definitely the lack of prior Bug-type in the Kabuto's line typing. A Genesect fossil should logically be Bug/Rock like the Armaldo line is. Not only that, but the Pokemon itself was never implied to have been renamed by Team Plasma, and the Pokedex entries don't imply that, either. It was always known as Genesect it seems
The Pokemon before being fossilised did necessarily not have a rock type tacked on... why would every fossil discovered so far be part rock if not for that? The form of Kabutops before fossilisation could’ve been Bug/Water and maybe Plasma brought out its latent bug abilities.

The main problem with "this Pokemon used to be that Pokemon" theories is that it's kind of silly to leave that unconfirmed for so long.

Also, this thread is random as hell. There's a wishlist thread for "I want this" ideas.

The Pokemon before being fossilised did necessarily not have a rock type tacked on... why would every fossil discovered so far be part rock if not for that? The form of Kabutops before fossilisation could’ve been Bug/Water and maybe Plasma brought out its latent bug abilities.

I think what they're getting at is that regardless of if it was a Rock type in the ancient past, Team Plasma modified the revived Genesect from a presumable Bug/Rock into Bug/Steel by adding the armor, but if Genesect were really a revived Kabutops, it would have been a Rock/Water type before that modification. In which case, how does Rock/Water transform into Bug/Steel? Which to me yeah does feel like more of a leap than Bug/??? > Bug/Rock (due to fossilization and revival) > Bug/Steel (due to modification).

People are free to headcanon whatever they want, of course, and I think think any Kabusect theorist I've seen has been trying to push it as an intentional parallel on the actual design team's part, just a set of interesting similarities.

better megas for shamin, then we could get maybe a grass/fairy one and a grass/dragon

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom