• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP New Forms

Rocket Messiah

May his love free him from the path of hate.
Reaction score
I thing that we need a thread about new forms.

I'm not talking about Megaevolutions or Gygantamax. I would like to discuss if you think that:

1- The legendaries will get a new form, specially Dialga and Palkia.

2- If you think there will be Sinnohan forms or new evolutions on this game and if yes what Pokémon would you like to get one?

About the Sinnohan forms I would like for some Pokemon to have them and I think it should be Pokemon from Gen 5 onwards since it will make more sense. About evolutions I think we will not have anything since the original DP already introduced to a lots of em.

I highly, highly doubt a remake like this would add regional forms into an already established region and habitat; but then again, this is the gen where regional forms have gotten to the point that they sometimes lead into entirely new cross-gen evolutions.

But still, my jaw would meet the earth if that happens.

The Creation Trio getting new forms on the other hand seems like a relatively decent possibility; for one, the box artwork still hasn't been publicly shown/finalized yet, maybe there's something new going on with the mascots.

we're not getting new forms. Gamefreak are not working on the game, and they sure as hell won't allow a secondary developer to add things into their franchise.

we're not getting new forms. Gamefreak are not working on the game, and they sure as hell won't allow a secondary developer to add things into their franchise.

Never thougth of that. And makes sense.

If there’s going to be new stuff, I would expect it from Legends, not these games.

Actually, Masuda is co-directing the games, so there is still a possibility for new forms to be added. There were already cases of other developers adding something to a Pokemon game that Game Freak hasn't added, like Shadow Pokemon (even a Shadow Lugia that has a different color scheme than regular Lugia).

Actually, Masuda is co-directing the games, so there is still a possibility for new forms to be added. There were already cases of other developers adding something to a Pokemon game that Game Freak hasn't added, like Shadow Pokemon (even a Shadow Lugia that has a different color scheme than regular Lugia).

Well... the fact that Shadow Pokémon never had a chance of impacting the main series could well be why Genius Sonority were allowed that much of a free hand. Plenty of non-main series works come up with their own ideas and designs for Pokémon variations, but I think only two cases have ever directly bled over into the games to become permanent fixtures - those two being Lugia (which was designed for the second movie) and Ash-Greninja (which will presumably be back whenever Greninja is unDexited).

That said, although I don't think they will, I do think they could add new forms here if they wanted to, because like you say, Masuda is involved. I wouldn't assume there's no communication between ILCA and Game Freak on this one - that'd be a pretty bizarre way to run a project.

LGPE didn’t

True, but that was Kanto mons only though (And we already had enough as is and the more important Kanto mons already had Mega's anyways, with the starters and Mewtwo).

They are promoting Mega Charizard alongside Mega Lucario, so it likely means Charizard is gonna be in the game. Charizard will hella overshadow the Sinnoh Starters (And so will Venusaur and Blastoise), if the Sinnoh Starters don't get Mega's.

True, but that was Kanto mons only though (And we already had enough as is and the more important Kanto mons already had Mega's anyways, with the starters and Mewtwo).

They are promoting Mega Charizard alongside Mega Lucario, so it likely means Charizard is gonna be in the game. Charizard will hella overshadow the Sinnoh Starters (And so will Venusaur and Blastoise), if the Sinnoh Starters don't get Mega's.
Not really. It didn’t “overshadow” the Galar starters back when it got a G-Max and they didn’t. And it didn’t “overshadow” the Kalos starters, either.

Not really. It didn’t “overshadow” the Galar starters back when it got a G-Max and they didn’t. And it didn’t “overshadow” the Kalos starters, either.

Indeed. I think "overshadow" is a term that's sort of been warped to mean "this got something that someone else didn't," without any particular regard to whether or not that actually affected the visibility or reception of the individual(s) that didn't receive the Thing. The Galar Starters are massively popular, so I don't think Charizard was a problem for them.

I don't expect new forms in the Rotom/Cherrim/Burmy form sense, but Dialga and Palkia and several other Gen 4 mons could just get Dynamax forms.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom