• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Forum and Skins...incoming?

And just to copy that FB response over to here...

The rest of the forum styles (in terms of colour schemes) will be returning progressively over the coming months, and we'll be running polls asking users which styles they'd like us to focus on. In terms of the layout and general feel... we've switched from our old vBulletin software to XenForo software. Some changes there are unavoidable. We will be experimenting with several variations on the layout with our skins over the coming months, and users will be able to give feedback on which they prefer.

I do hope the native V-bulletin style does come back. I also like the Dark Blue theme also.

In the meantime, this is me right now with the new skin:

JU1H7hS.jpg

Edit: Dear Arecus, can you please have the "Home" tab on the navbar redirect to the forum homepage? I keep thinking it would redirect me to the forum listing.

Edit 2: Oh, I see. Hopefully the themes come back shortly!

We will offer a style that looks closer to the old vBulletin style in the coming weeks, yes. Probably just the one, so we'll have to get you all to vote on a colour scheme for that.

XenForo is currently configured with a different default avatar size to the old vBulletin. That's something we'll likely be changing over the coming days.

Is it possible to get rid of the one minute between posts issue? For most people that may not be an issue, but in UvD and LPW, it can make a big difference.
Technically yes, but for now no. It's a basic anti-spam measure that we've implemented as a precaution. We do have other anti-spam measures in place, but we can't be 100% of their effectiveness yet, so we've got this as a fall back just in case. It'll probably be removed around Christmas time if the other anti-spam measures were effective at preventing spambot registration.

Also, the forum says I can change my username every 10 days, where the old forum was 90 days. I assume that isn't intended?
Well spotted. Actually intentional. We'll be increasing that again after Christmas, but since this forums refresh is likely to bring a bunch of old people back (especially since they'll all be getting password reset emails soon), we wanted to make sure everyone could chop and change their username a few times until they felt comfortable.

Technically yes, but for now no. It's a basic anti-spam measure that we've implemented as a precaution. We do have other anti-spam measures in place, but we can't be 100% of their effectiveness yet, so we've got this as a fall back just in case. It'll probably be removed around Christmas time if the other anti-spam measures were effective at preventing spambot registration.
Would it hurt the effectiveness if you lowered it to 30 seconds instead of a minute?

Well spotted. Actually intentional. We'll be increasing that again after Christmas, but since this forums refresh is likely to bring a bunch of old people back (especially since they'll all be getting password reset emails soon), we wanted to make sure everyone could chop and change their username a few times until they felt comfortable.
Ah. Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Oooh! I might actually take advantage of that!
I had an idea, but due to the 90 name change restriction, I wasn't going to do it. Now, on the other hand...Well, Nevermind. I can't seem to figure out how the heck to change my username. That Bites...

Anyway, thanks for the response regarding post delays. I do understand the desire for anti-spamming, although jackatlasred may not be happy about that...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom