• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New free-to-play Nintendo 3DS game Pokémon Shuffle: Available February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Shuffle

What ever happened to that game?
Was it cancelled?
Or was it just a a tech demo?
I actually wanted to buy that game if it was released on the 3DS.
When the game was first teased, it had only been in development for 3-4 months. Tsunekazu Ishihara said from the get-go that it would be released in 2015, which has just started.

It would be nice if this had some ties to XY and ORAS, like the AR Searcher - but with items. Like, for every boss stage you beat you get a heart scale or something that you can transfer over to one of the gen6 games. But if they didn't talk about this before, then it's obviously not included

Just imagine the next main series Pokemon game a "mircro transaction" game.

Just imagine the next main series Pokemon game a "mircro transaction" game.

That would be horrible. If that happens, I bet Pokemon games probably won't be Pokemon games anymore...:-(

Wait.. this game is Freemium...
Freemium on 3ds... seriously...

Now I'm mad :[

To nintendo actually. They have lots of games out there but choose to test their freemium content on Pokemon franchise...

Why not try it out on the Mario version :[ ?

To nintendo actually. They have lots of games out there but choose to test their freemium content on Pokemon franchise...

I'm guessing that was more The Pokemon Company's decision than Nintendo's.

It would be nice if this had some ties to XY and ORAS, like the AR Searcher - but with items. Like, for every boss stage you beat you get a heart scale or something that you can transfer over to one of the gen6 games. But if they didn't talk about this before, then it's obviously not included

Eh, I'd rather not, because then pay-to-win would start leaking into the main games, which I don't want. A standalone microtransaction Pokemon spin-off is fine with me, because I just won't play it.

So... not only does this game play like Candy Crush, but it also grabs money like Candy Crush... I'm gonna hide in a corner and cry now. Why are they doing this to Pokemon?? You'd think it would go over better if they used it on the Mario franchise.

So... not only does this game play like Candy Crush, but it also grabs money like Candy Crush... I'm gonna hide in a corner and cry now. Why are they doing this to Pokemon?? You'd think it would go over better if they used it on the Mario franchise.
They're most likely using it on the Pokémon series because it's one of the more "exploitable" and well-known franchises. Mario is just jumping on monsters ad nauseam, whereas Pokémon has you collecting cute/cool monsters and whatnot. They've already got an anime, multiple spin-off games, manga adaptions, and several toy lines out of it. They're probably now trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of the series with the release of this.

Can someone explain the restrictions of this? I've got a bunch of free games on my used iPhone (but never once bought anything on it with my debit card). Is it like Candy Crush or Frozen Free-Fall, where you could get powerups by buying, or lives that could be used each time you fail, but you have to wait like 20 minutes for a life to refill before you can continue playing?

As for the Detective Pikachu game...isn't it dead?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Nintendo-developed and Nintendo-published free-to-play content has existed on the 3DS for almost a year and a half now with Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, and later with Steel Driver: Sub Wars. On a business level it actually makes sense for the company to expand this idea further with a more well-known franchise by now, assuming their trial runs did well (which apparently they did).

I don't have a problem with this coming out. I'll try it, and if it's something that really sucks to play without paying for hearts/items, then I'll dump it. Seeing as it's a puzzle game and I don't play those for long stretches of time, I could see myself not having a problem with waiting for my hearts to refill.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Nintendo-developed and Nintendo-published free-to-play content has existed on the 3DS for almost a year and a half now with Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, and later with Steel Driver: Sub Wars. On a business level it actually makes sense for the company to expand this idea further with a more well-known franchise by now, assuming their trial runs did well (which apparently they did).

I think that Rusty and Steel Diver handled free-to-play and micro transactions very well, as opposed to this game, which seems to handle them badly. The thing that stands out to me is that when you spent money in those games, it was for new content that you had permanent access to after paying (mini games, new subs, single player missions, i.e.: things that you get to keep forever), while in this game, your money goes towards something temporary that you'll have nothing to show for in the future. That's where I draw the line for micro transactions- whether or not your money goes towards something that you get to keep.

Last edited:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball and Steel Driver: Sub Wars aren't freemium. They are using DLC concept iirc.

This pokemon shuffle is freemium. Basically a free game that need you to spend more if you want to play as premium that give temporal and partial full access of the game.

I'm fine with DLC phone games, like kairosoft... but I give up freemium games since long time ago...

:[

I just hope at lease they let you collect whatever coin you could buy on that game tooo.

I would try the game, I guess when it's out to see how they put on that content. Some of freemium game I used to play is really optional. But some, you need to pay or you doom.

Still feel sad and mad :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom