• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New game Pokémon GO announced for iPhone, Android: Releasing 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New game Pokémon GO announced for iPhone, Android: Releasing 2016

Pokémon GO to arrive on iPhone and Android devices in 2016.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 'Pokémon GO' Announced for iOS, Android: Releasing 2016

That advertisement looks amazing!! Mewtwo battle in NYC Time Square omg is that paying homage to the Genesect movie or something?

At first, I thought it was a replay of the Google Maps Pokémon April Fools joke. Then I realize it is indeed real....

This. Looks. Awesome.

I have a lot of questions about how exactly this is going to work, but my hopes for how much fun this will be to play with others are already very high.

The trailer was very well made. The scene with Mewtwo literally gave me goosebumps. I was not expecting a Pokemon app of this level of standard so quickly, but I am very happy and excited.

I will be looking forward to more information as it's released.

Wow, they are finally making this game. Though I wish it were for the 3DS. Can the 3DS not handle this kind of AR? I see they are using GPS, perhaps this is the reason it's for phones/tablets only. Nintendo should make their next handheld console able to play these games.

That has got to be one of the most misleading trailers. The actual gameplay appears to have very little in common with the awesome cinematic trailer. For example, the trailer would lead you to believe the game has AR, but the actual gameplay indicates otherwise (and they never state that it has AR in the press release or conference, which you would expect if it did).

OH MY GOSH!! IT'S LOOK SO AWESOME!! I THINK I'D HAVE A HEART ATTACK! :bash::bash:

Quick 2 cents on this. Haven't watched the press conference yet though.

The company that is doing this, Niantic Labs, has had a successful game similar to this. It will not really be like the trailer. It will for a certain bit, and battling Mewtwo in Time Square I completely see happening. They've had hundreds of people turn up for events like that in the other game.

If anyone was wondering said other game is called Ingress. I highly suggest joining, it's a lot of fun worldwide.

This looks amazing.

Yeah, as someone who plays Ingress (their other game), I can say with reasonable confidence that it won't be AR (the trailer for Ingress was misleading in exactly the same way). The AR-like parts of the trailer are what show up on your phone's screen. I can't figure out how the Poke Ball mechanic would work, though...I'm guessing you'll just tap a button on your phone and watch the Pokemon be caught on-screen like how the main series games are right now.

That advertisement looks amazing!! Mewtwo battle in NYC Time Square omg is that paying homage to the Genesect movie or something?

It could either be a reference to Mewtwo Returns (where M01 Mewtwo is seen in New York City at the end, near the MetLife Building and the Chrysler Building) or like you suggested, it could be a reference to New Tork City and M16 Mewtwo.

It was probably just chosen because it's an instantly recognizable landscape that is also huge enough to fit hordes of people.

Oh, hooray. Apps.

Gaming is just getting more and more expensive and does anyone really want to dish out £150 on a Nintendo handheld and an additional £200-£500 on a phone that'll outdate next year?

And as cool as it is it'll be REALLY annoying when you're walking about in the street and someone is standing in the middle of it trying to catch a Pokemon.

But hey, if it gets casual mobile gamers into Pokemon then I guess it's good.

I just watched the trailer... it's too awesome...!!

Even if it won't be AR like in the trailer (watch the end of the trailer, it shows what the app actually looks like) it's a very neat concept. I can think of some of my friends who will love it.

Considering that the people behind Ingress are working on this, this should be very interesting. I am worried though that they may get way too carried away with being a freeiumum game.

That being said, does this mean that we can finally reenact many of the famous Pokemon scenes? Do I have to climb up a large mountain for a chance to fight red?

Considering that the people behind Ingress are working on this, this should be very interesting. I am worried though that they may get way too carried away with being a freeiumum game.

That being said, does this mean that we can finally reenact many of the famous Pokemon scenes? Do I have to climb up a large mountain for a chance to fight red?

If they did, it'd be Mt. Fuji only.

Just watched JWittz's new video about this a few minutes ago, and from what I saw I'm a little excited. I don't do many games on my phone, and if I do they get deleted after I'm through with them, but this one looks very interesting...Can't wait to give it a go when it's released. :)

Am i the only one who went: "Meh, don't care. When's the next main series game?"?

You're not alone. I don't even have any Android/IOS device and I'm not the type of people to leave my house too much, plus my mother wouldn't let me carry my tablet/phone with me to other places because she would fear that it could be stolen (she doesn't let me take my 3DS to other places for the exact same reason), so that's not the game for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom