• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New gimmick(s)

Reaction score
Personally I don't expect Hispanic forms since we're already getting legends connectivity. I think we'll have the capability of transferring hisuian forms at early 2023, as a way to balance the timeline between legends and VS.

I think the new gimmick will have something to do with the school. Maybe our parent figure is a professor and the default clothes are serving that purpose. Either way I don't expect gym leaders to return.

1645996909221.png

New Gimmick who dis? :unsure:

I’d love it if they dropped gym leaders as we know them and have there be 18 gym leader-esque bosses, one for each type. The whole type wheel could possibly suggest that

I'm not sure how it would work but it had this idea a while back for 18 gym leaders who roamed across an open world region seeking out trainers participating in the gym challenge.

If anyone has played Assassin's Creed: Odyssey they would function similarly to Bounty Hunters where they would actively seek out gym challengers and attack them on sight with their Pokemon.

I guess that would be a bit hostile for a Pokemon game though.

Since you seem to be a student at a school, I can see you needing to “pass” every type by beating a master of it. So basically gyms, but with different paint. And honestly, so were trials, and so were the nobles… so it’s all good. A different take on the point of gyms: game progression check points.

But please no gimmicks. Although I see pointy crystal in the Japanese logo… looks like a gimmick…

Since you seem to be a student at a school, I can see you needing to “pass” every type by beating a master of it. So basically gyms, but with different paint. And honestly, so were trials, and so were the nobles… so it’s all good. A different take on the point of gyms: game progression check points.

But please no gimmicks. Although I see pointy crystal in the Japanese logo… looks like a gimmick…
Kinda what I’m thinking about the progression. Also if it makes you feel any better about the crystal, the Japanese logos for SwSh just had the Galar league symbol on them. Obviously those games had a gimmick but afaik that symbol doesn’t represent Dynamax. So it could go either way as to what that means and if a gimmick is present here.

I think the new gimmick must have something to do with types. What about something like a super type? I'm thinking of the super abilities from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

It would actually be hilarious for Game Freak to reference a random 11 year old manga made to promote Gen V.
It wouldn't be the first time. While not random, the Yellow saga of Adventures probably inspired Team Plasma 11 years later.

That said, the new protagonists look way too plain for a ReBurst mechanic. Seriously.

Here’s an idea: what if we get a type changing/modifying mechanic?

Not happened here but I feel like too many people are trying to use the shape of the gimmick symbol to figure out what the gimmick will be, despite that not really being the case before, nothing about the z-crystal shape screams "Super strong moves" although i guess the Mega symbol somewhat fit with what the gimmick was?

Not happened here but I feel like too many people are trying to use the shape of the gimmick symbol to figure out what the gimmick will be, despite that not really being the case before, nothing about the z-crystal shape screams "Super strong moves" although i guess the Mega symbol somewhat fit with what the gimmick was?
Plus, isn’t the symbol in the SwSh logos for the gym challenge and not anything relating to Dynamax? Lmao

I mean yes, this is very clearly a crystal and not a symbol. But it honestly could be an item relating to the box legends… it seems to be a burst of light, and Scarlet and Violet are extremely likely to be catchier ways of representing Infrared and Ultraviolet aka the ends of the visible spectrum (or just outside it), since while Scarlet is closer to orange than not, it ends in LET just like Violet and is therefore catchy together as a pair.

So yeah, this crystal could just be a legendary item that ends up being used on the box Legend and ties into the light spectrum.

Plus, isn’t the symbol in the SwSh logos for the gym challenge and not anything relating to Dynamax? Lmao
I mean technically the gym symbol is part of the Dynamax Band design if that counts?
I mean yes, this is very clearly a crystal and not a symbol. But it honestly could be an item relating to the box legends… it seems to be a burst of light, and Scarlet and Violet are extremely likely to be catchier ways of representing Infrared and Ultraviolet aka the ends of the visible spectrum (or just outside it), since while Scarlet is closer to orange than not, it ends in LET just like Violet and is therefore catchy together as a pair.

So yeah, this crystal could just be a legendary item that ends up being used on the box Legend and ties into the light spectrum.
Which even has precedent, the ORAS logo's had the Primal Reversion objects in them.

Man as long as I don't fuse with my pokemon I'll be fine. I don't wanna do that. It was dumb in digimon and it'd be even more dumb here in pokemon. At least in digimon it made more sense. Using a fusion device on a trainer and a pokemon feels like something an evil team would do for their villainous plot. Creating super soldiers capable of wielding the power of pokemon to get whatever their leader desires.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom