• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Gym Leaders and Elite 4?

Tate and Liza team:
The two Meowstics (if possible)
Gardevoir and Gallade
Solrock and Lunatone

#problemsolved
Knowing Game Freak, Tate and Liza will only have Solrock and Lunatone in their team ;_;

They had only Lunatone and Solrock in Ruby and Sapphire, in Emerald they added Claydol and Xatu.
Well, maybe that is one of the various reasons people like Emerald more than R/S.

I think the Meowstics will be better for a post game rematch. For the first battle though, they should make it Lunatone/Solrock and Gardevoir/Gallade. I have a feeling they're just going to do Lunatone/Solrock though to make the gym battles piss easy as usual.

They should leave the Elite Four intact in terms of members, but I think they should replace Phoebe's stronger Dusclops with a Dusknoir and one of Glacia's Glalie with a Froslass.

The Hoenn league is my favourite of all, each Gym Leader and Elite Four member feel so unique with their own background. I'm really hoping there are no replacements, and I hope to see Elite Four Rematches this time around.

We may as well keep them the same, but with work done to their teams & new designs (especially since they're going from 2D sprites to CG models)

The FRLG and HGSS kept the GLs & E4 the same as their Originals, so I see no reason for switch things around here.

...I'm confused why anyone would suspect that the teams are going to change drastically before the post story. In HGSS, the only GLs who had a replacement on their team were Clair (who swapped one of her Dragonair for Gyarados), Janine (swapped a Weezing for an Ariados), and Blue (swapped Alakazam for Machamp); every other GL's teams was otherwise faithful to their GSC teams, minus levels and movesets. The E4's teams were the exact same as well. (FRLG, also pretty faithful in terms of teams.) People say it would suck if the teams were the same? Was anyone complaining about how having the same teams was boring while playing through HGSS or FRLG? Pretty sure most people were just happy to be back in the lands.

Any teams changes are going to be incredibly minimal before you beat it initially. The only question is, are they going to use the RS teams, Em teams, or a mix of the two depending on the character?

It's the rematches everyone should be dog-piling on top of, which are going to be where the changes are made with a flying fury. Sky battle with Winona? They would never force a Sky battle, and they would not make one mandatory. Post game option, however? Bring it on.

So, yeah, no changes in character roster (with creativity done for Juan and Wallace, because I'm in the camp of Wallace being the post-game Champion and Steven remaining the initial Champion, and Juan being a not-optional battle at some point during the main story), very little change in their initial teams, slightly elevated levels, and changed move pool to reflect the new movepools.

But man, please, include scenes like the pokégear registering scenes.

Last edited:
...I'm confused why anyone would suspect that the teams are going to change drastically before the post story. In HGSS, the only GLs who had a replacement on their team were Clair (who swapped one of her Dragonair for Gyarados), Janine (swapped a Weezing for an Ariados), and Blue (swapped Alakazam for Machamp); every other GL's teams was otherwise faithful to their GSC teams, minus levels and movesets. The E4's teams were the exact same as well. (FRLG, also pretty faithful in terms of teams.)

Except the series has changed significantly since 4th gen in terms of development habits, so they may not conform to this pattern anymore. Especially after BW2 raised the bar in terms of what a third version does and does not do, so it's possible that the bar has been raised in terms of what to expect from a remake as well. Honestly, I don't see any reason why they should choose to faithfully recreate gym rosters instead of choosing to improve them.

People say it would suck if the teams were the same? Was anyone complaining about how having the same teams was boring while playing through HGSS or FRLG? Pretty sure most people were just happy to be back in the lands.

There were a lot of people complaining about HGSS, actually, mainly because there were too few Johto Pokemon used (and unlike the Hoenn gym rosters, there were plenty of options for them to fix that in HGSS).

FRLG wasn't really as problematic aside from Agatha and Lance's rosters.

Wouldn't be much of a RSE "remake" if it doesn't have RSE characters.

Gen 3 had the hardest gym battles and E4 I have ever played. I hope they keep that the same.

Saw this post and am immediately thinking....
https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/statuses/487249481604165632
...Nope, it's just highlighting a Pokemon each Gym Leader/Elite Four member uses. Wattson's is Magneton, so probably not Megas.

Because WHAT DO YOU MEAN WATTSON IS SHOWN WITH A MAGNETON? EVERYBODY KNOWS HIS BEST POKEMON IS A MANECTRIC!
Magneton was Wattson's signature Pokémon in Ruby/Sapphire, though. Manectric was added in Emerald. Make of that what you will, but since Flannery is next to Torkoal as well... I guess this means Ruby/Sapphire teams.

Looking at Sidney next to a Shiftry means there's still hope, though. His signature Pokémon in both games was Absol, not Shiftry.

Make of that what you will, but since Flannery is next to Torkoal as well... I guess this means Ruby/Sapphire teams.
Emerald gave her a Camerupt, but Torkoal was still her top Mon.

Wattson without his Manectric, though ... that would be like Bugsy without his Scyther. If that happens, I've got a good mind to just to spam RAGE and FRUSTRATION on him.

And Tate & Liza had BETTER have a team of four Pokemon (if not six).

Yeah, Torkoal was always Flannery's signature. But Absol was definitely Sydney's, so perhaps Wattson will get his Manectric.

All I care about is...Tate and Liza better not have just Lunatone and Solrock. That's all I'm saying.

Poor Manectric, even when getting a Mega they still find some way to mess with him...

Anyway, I'm also concerned about us getting RS teams over Emerald. The latter I felt had a better team make-up, particularly for those like Liza/Tate, Drake, and Flannery, so it will disappoint me if they did choose the former team make-ups over them.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom