• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Gym Leaders and Elite 4?

And if Winona's Gym is a Sky Battle?

That would be neat, but it would force you to either over train one Flying type, or train a bunch of Flying types.

I can see them giving you a Flying-type or Levitating Pokémon around that point in the game so that you have some options, similar to what they did with Lucario and the Lucarionite in X/Y. Maybe a Lunatone or Solrock with a nice Rock-type move (lol) to make the battle easier.

Though the fact that you would be forced to use a Sky Battle-eligible Pokémon for a battle--a Gym Leader battle, no less--means I doubt Winona as a Gym Leader would do Sky Battle. Maybe outside of the Gym, sure.

Perhaps battle for Mega Ring with Winona would be a Sky Battle.

And if Winona's Gym is a Sky Battle?

That would be neat, but it would force you to either over train one Flying type, or train a bunch of Flying types.

I can see them giving you a Flying-type or Levitating Pokémon around that point in the game so that you have some options, similar to what they did with Lucario and the Lucarionite in X/Y. Maybe a Lunatone or Solrock with a nice Rock-type move (lol) to make the battle easier.

Though the fact that you would be forced to use a Sky Battle-eligible Pokémon for a battle--a Gym Leader battle, no less--means I doubt Winona as a Gym Leader would do Sky Battle. Maybe outside of the Gym, sure.

At that point in the game, both Solrock and Lunatone are available to a player for use (Meteor Falls), in addition to several flying types-Swellow, Pelipper, Skarmory, Altaria, and more they will include I'm sure. So it isn't an entirely impossible concept to fathom.

However, I can see her Sky Battling outside the gym too. Hopefully that happens before the gym battle, and gives her more development, etc.

The only Gym Leader who gave me legit trouble in Emerald was Juan. That damn Kingdra was a bitch to beat. I don't remember having trouble with them in RS... hm, well, Roxanne's Nosepass is a pain to beat, depending of the Pokémon you have in your team (and since I never catch a Pokémon solely to make a Gym battle easier, beating her was quite the challenge in some of my playthroughs).

I want them to make Glacia a Gym Leader, simply because it'd be funny to see someone demoted. Plus maybe making her a Gym Leader would make her more recognizable, so maybe I wouldn't keep forgetting her.

I actually hope they replace Phoebe and Glacia.
They better not touch Phoebe, she's one of my favorite E4 members.

Given the previous remakes, which saw really few roster adjustments (Only one of which added a Pokémon previously not found in the original team: Clair's Gyarados), I highly doubt we'll see different rosters before rematches, unless the regional Pokédex does change or in case this isn't an actual remake.

What I do wonder is if they will use the Ruby/Sapphire teams or the Emerald teams. This would change things a lot, especially for a few most memorable Gym Leaders, like Winona's astounding 5 Pokémon roster, and most importantly, Tate & Liza, which are one of the hardest Gym Leaders in the series in their Emerald incarnation.

If this is a sequel, I guess they will change 2-3 Leaders like they did with BW2.
I would like Norman to stay at least, since he was the protagonist's father.

I'm not terribly attached to any of them. They could fix their teams so they're not complete type sticklers - Hoenn is the only region (other than Kalos) where all the gym leaders and E4 only have Pokémon of their speciality type. Plus Hoenn's dex is a bit underpowered to have trainers only using one type. I'd throw Roxanne a Sableye, Winona a Blaziken, Drake something to get rid of that triple x4 Ice weakness...Huntail or something.

Expanding gyms to fully-fledged platformer levels wouldn't be too bad.

I do think Game Freak will leave them more or less as is though.

Don't nerf the gym leaders to having no more than 4 Pokemon GF please! Let the E4 be the way it was Gen 1-4 by going in order and not by choice, they were harder that way IMO.

They should put more Ghost-types in then :p

I think this is the more likely scenario for this game, it's a much better idea to simply give them more Pokemon to work with instead of swapping out characters. And boy, do the Elite 4 need this, most of the types they chose for the Elite 4 have very few options to work with, so more variety for their type would go a long way.

I think this is the more likely scenario for this game, it's a much better idea to simply give them more Pokemon to work with instead of swapping out characters. And boy, do the Elite 4 need this, most of the types they chose for the Elite 4 have very few options to work with, so more variety for their type would go a long way.

Sidney's the only one with real variety. The others are exceedingly repetitive.

Sidney's the only one with real variety. The others are exceedingly repetitive.

Exactly. Which is why they need more Pokemon to work with.

Maybe they"'ll get Dusknoir and Frosslass to play with? God forbid Phoebe finds herself an eviolite.

In my opinion, it seems to be a sequel, but BW2 didn't change up much... I hope the GLs have more Pokemon however.

I say it's likely all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four will stay the same. I hope Steven is the Champion while the Sootopolis Gym does an Opelucid in which you fight Wallace in one version and Juan in the other version. I honestly have no idea why Wallace was even made the Champion in Emerald at all, but it should stay Steven in OR/AS regardless.

This will be the first remake we've had since the ability to pick the order you fight the Elite Four in was introduced, it'll be interesting to see if they stick with it or go back to having you take them on in a certain order. On that note, the Steven/Wallace/Juan situation could go in either direction. I'm fond of both Wallace and Steven, so I don't mind whichever is champion. Someone mentioned Wallace & Juan possibly both being the Sootopolis leader, like Iris and Drayden in the original Black & White, which is an interesting idea.

As for swapping/removing gym leaders/elite four members, I don't see it happening. It didn't happen in previous remakes, it shouldn't really happen here. Although I'm all for parties being altered to be more challenging and varied. Gym rematches and harder E4 challenges after becoming champion would be a great addition too.

edit: on the Wallace/Juan being leaders in different versions idea, both of their main Pokemon (Milotic & Kingdra, respectively) have a BST of 540.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom