• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New HoSo Special Preview Clip for Direct Download!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
It's not working for me. I click the link and it opens Windows Media Player and says it's connecting but it keeps saying that and never connects.

You must download it first, otherwise the server thinks you are hot-linking.

WMP is just as bad with all its über-DRM-ness.

Of course, being Windows, there really aren't many other options. I heard of VideoLAN, which is supposed to be quite good on Windows, but I haven't used it. I don't use it much on Linux either, I prefer to use mplayer.

A Mostly Irrelevant Review Of Players

On Mac OS X, Videolan (VLC) is by far the most versatile of the players I've found, but also the least stable and the least convenient for fastforward/reverse. MPlayer is much more stable and can handle almost as many formats, but still hopeless if I want to go forward or back in increments of less than ten seconds, and unlike VLC, doesn't seem to have a deinterlace filter. For screenshotting, the best option is Quicktime Player, the only player I've yet found with the ability to go through the video frame by frame.

What's hot linking?
Archaic said:
Right click and pick Save Target As
Damn, I knew that but I forgot. But I did it and it worked so thanks. ^_^

SIXTEEN YEARS LATER...

Damn, this is how it was 16 years ago... I think I just set a record here for time between posts, but I was bored and wanted to see what it was like before YouTube, before Sinnoh, and before most of y’all!

Mondo was worried about hot linking, but this was before R34 material was easily accessible on the Net... LOL!

And what’s this about RealOne, Mac OS, and all that other primitive claptrap?

Ah, to be able to channel Dialga and look into the past like this...

Last edited:
Not found

Though is a new special, or are you making a big deal about an old one?

Not found

Though is a new special, or are you making a big deal about an old one?
Nah, it’s nothing new, but this was a thread that had gone 16 years without a new reply, so I just wanted to dig up this Fossil and see what life was like 16 years ago! Welcome to the fossil party!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom