• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Joy/Joi and Jenny/Junsar?

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
So in BW we had different designs for the recurring public-sector workers that assist Ash and co throughout their journey. Do you think they'll get another redesign? What do you reckon their signature Pokémon will be?

I think the current opening would suggest going back to the old Jenny/Joy design (with new eyes).

There's no obvious Audino replacement among the new XY Pokemon revealed so far, though Chansey being made a Fairy type is obvious to me (Pink Pokemon = Fairy type) and would be a good excuse to bring it back into the spotlight. My main hope though is that XY puts Jenny back to the stature they had in DP - appearing in most episodes and Pokemon Centers being part of the normal storyline. I missed that in BW.

I do however think there's a decent chance of Litleo being Jenny's Pokemon - it's a very Growlithe like Pokemon.

Nurse Joy will totally wear a beret with a healing cross on the front. Jenny would have a little mustache she could twirl.

I am hoping for new designs, though. While Ash and his friends get updated looks, it felt weird seeing Jenny and Joy keep the same looks (for the most part). I just hope any future designs aren't drastically different as BW's Jenny.

Joy is fine. but they NEED to fix Jenny's hair. her current "cut with a Circular saw look" dosent complement her. plus her old look was more classic

New designs most likely, imo, or the Unova designs.

Kalos is based on France which is far away from Japan and Unova is based on America. Sinnoh, Johto, Kanto and Hoenn are based on the real life regions of Kansai, Kyushu, Hokkaido and Kanto are all about an hour away from each other so it's normal the Jenny and Joy of those places would look the same. I expect a new design for the Kalos Jenny/Joy. As for new Pokemon, I doubt Chansey is going to be a Fairy-type just because it's pink, female-only and feminine. Jenny's replacement can be anything, though a typical four-legged mammal like Litleo could work or something unique like how Spinarak and Chatot(I really loved that Jenny.) was in Johto and Sinnoh. Maybe even an older Pokemon?

I think that they'll go back to the old designs. They might not be interested in giving them new designs again and the Unova designs are most likely going to be exclusive to the region. The only way I could see them getting new designs would be if they both had new signature Pokemon, but I don't know how likely that is at this point.

Personally I would like a new set of Joys and Jennys every time they go to a new country. OS/AG/DP Joy/Jenny for Japan, BW Joy/Jenny for America, and a new one for France.

NI doubt Chansey is going to be a Fairy-type just because it's pink, female-only and feminine.
The fact that she brings good luck, happiness and friendship to those who catch her is what makes me thing that Fairy-type is possible. Also having distinctive moves like Heal Pulse and Healing Wish sightly contribuite to that. I think we will have another new Joy/Jenny designs, but Joy will keep Chansey and Jenny... I don't know, maybe Litleo?

I'm going to guess that there's going to be a new designs. Maybe keep the more wide eyed look Unova had, but change their hair and clothes up a bit. Joy keeps her hoop tails, but change her bangs around a bit and give her a uniform with a beret and maybe a cape. Jenny gets a blue shirt/black skirt combo with longer hair, maybe pulled up in a bun this time to make it look short without looking like it's been cut with shears.

Also, as far as we know there might be another cute pink healer type pokemon for Joy and another dog for Jenny that haven't been announced yet. So taking that into consideration plus the fact that the Unova Jennys and Joys got new pokemon as partners...it'll probably be the same here.

Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny

I hope they go back to the old design of The Joys and Jennys. I didnt like the new design. Anybody else fill this way?

Re: Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny

The old designs were much better then the new ones they used for the AG/DP sagas. The new BW series designs were kinda great.

Re: Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny

The new designs; I don't know, I just didn't really like them that much. Jenny's short hair seemed unfitting for her and I didn't like the young Nurse Joy look at times.

I half-expect them to get changed for Kalos.

I think new Joys that will own both Audino's and Chansey's, and Jenny's that own Growlithes and Herdiers! I do like the idea of new designs in each new 'country' (Seeming the first four regions were in the same country)

I hope for the original designs, however I know this is unlikely. They will either create new designs for a new country, or they will be lazy and keep the BW ones.

Kicking this thread back into business.
Joy:
Jenny:
Jenny, you're a police officer. Why do you have a skirt that makes it harder for you to move? And lipstick?

I love the new Jenny, huge improvement over BW design.

And Joy ... I wish they just left the BW design, why did they have to touch her hair? XD

I love the new Jenny, huge improvement over BW design.

And Joy ... I wish they just left the BW design, why did they have to touch her hair? XD

Jenny design is okay but it's no improvement at all, as for Joy see looks great. But their OS designs were ten times better then what it is now, but i do believe BW Jenny looked more sexier.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom