• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Kingdom Hearts III videoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler53841

Reaction score
Warning: This note will contain spoilers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=W5CTlRKa1SE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2vEr-618g

Today's information confirms that :
1. Monsters, Inc. will be a playable world.
2. Ariel will be coming back as a summon.
3. Utada Hikaru will be handling the opening theme again, titled as Oath for the Japanese release and Don't Think Twice in the English version
4. Marluxia and Vanitas will be coming back as part of the True Organization XIII.

I have to say I loved seeing this in so many ways, and personally I loved fighting Vanitas in Birth by Sleep Final Mix (never owned a PSP and therefore never played the original). I am so happy to see how this all turns out.

Honestly I'm rather surprised to see Vanitas and to an extent Marluxia considering he was apart of the betrayal.. Though i still have a bit of bad memories with Fighting Vanitas because of how screwed the X button was on my PSP and the final fight with Ventus was even more difficult then it needed to be..
So we now have.. Xemnas Nobody, Xehenort Heartless KH1, Xehenort BbS, Xehenort inside Terra, Vanitas, Marluxia, other remaining original members and who else?
The seven lights being Sora, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, Lea Axel, Aqua, Ventus.. I'm still unsure about how Terra fits in but I'm assuming he's going to stay under the control of Xemnas.. If he does somehow come back I have no idea how they'll be doing the 7 lights vs 13 Darkness because there's already 7 for the side of light :thonk:

I remember when I first fought Vanitas, he really gave me a hard time (as Aqua). Now I have a better understanding of his fighting.

Also loved the music they used during the first confrontation with him. Heck if you notice in the Monster Inc. trailer they use it for a portion of the video.

I'm also quite curious as to Riku's Keyblade. Is it "broken" as in pieces of it are missing, or can Riku just not use it anymore due to, say, losing his ties to darkness?

My waifu Rapunzel's finally revealed (only in gameplay for a few seconds). <3

I'm hoping for some favorite worlds to return, The Pride Lands, Port Royal, and maybe Castle of Dreams and Agrabah. I'm also expecting Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Frozen, and The Princess and the Frog to be new worlds. I have high hopes for KH3 nonetheless.

I'm hoping for some favorite worlds to return, The Pride Lands, Port Royal, and maybe Castle of Dreams and Agrabah. I'm also expecting Treasure Planet, The Jungle Book, Frozen, and The Princess and the Frog to be new worlds. I have high hopes for KH3 nonetheless.

Well, I have heard that most of the worlds in the game will be new to the series and that while there are fewer overall worlds compared to Kingdom Hearts II, they will be much longer than in the past. We'll see what happens when the game is released. I have also heard that the upcoming E3 will have also have a release date announced.

Well, I have heard that most of the worlds in the game will be new to the series and that while there are fewer overall worlds compared to Kingdom Hearts II, they will be much longer than in the past. We'll see what happens when the game is released. I have also heard that the upcoming E3 will have also have a release date announced.

There was going to be a Jungle Book world in Birth by Sleep, but it was scrapped rather late in development. Also, there were leaks of a ship from Treasure Planet found in the data for Dream Drop Distance. Hopefully Nomura delivers what might've been, and puts them in KH3.

Out of the old worlds from what I have seen or heard, Olympus Colosseum will mainly focus on Mount Olympus this time, and Twilight Town is mainly going to serve as a tutorial world this time. One thing to see for sure in the future is the full capacity of the new Drive Form system and who would become the new voice of Master Xehanort, as his previous voice actors for both the Japanese and English versions have passed away.

They'll need to do the same for Genie if Agrabah returns.. Though i don't know who they could do for that one..

Thought it is less likely that will happen, I will at least note that Jim Meskimen took over the role as Genie for the HD version of Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for the HD 2.5 ReMIX collection.

Besides Robin Williams was never involved with the Kingdom Hearts series, Dan Castellaneta who originally voiced Genie starting with the Return of Jafar, did Genie's voice, primarily for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.

Last edited:
Yeah, Disney ditched Williams a loooong time ago.

Vanitas makes a certain amount of sense coming back for the Organisation. Marluxia... Not so much. Why would Xehanort use Marluxia, a man who has shown no quarrels with betrayal, and not instantly subjugate him by pumping him full of Xehanort? It just seems like an unnecessary risk that I just can't see Xehanort taking.
As for Vanitas, honestly I'll take any opportunity to take on that piece of shit without that fucking D-Link segment.

Also, Dream Eaters. I mean, I like the things, but like, what are they doing here? This is not the sleeping worlds, so how are there Dream Eaters? I know the Master of Masters was able to make Chirithies outside of the sleeping worlds, but, Master of Masters dude, you don't earn that title by doing stuff just anybody can do.

I personally can't see Terra taking part in the whole 7 Lights & 13 Darknesses thing, because then we'd lose Terra-Xehanort. I suppose he could come in as like, some crazy gambit by Yen-Sid to strip Xehanort of one of his Darknesses. Because, well, if he doesn't have 13, then you can rush in without fear of a X-blade. That's just a theory though a GAME theory.

One thing I'm hoping they give us in terms of gameplay is the ability to switch up your keychains on the fly. The classic Drive system let you pick whichever form you decided based on the situation, but now that they're tied to which keychain you're using, you might be stuck with a Drive that doesn't really work too well in the moment, so even the ability to switch between 3 or 4 keychains in battle would offer some good flexibility for it.

Now I have also heard that a release date should be announced at the upcoming E3.

Also there is a picture out their for Riku's new Keyblade, which looks more like a broadsword

Oh my god it's a fuckin' car key.
maxresdefault.jpg
I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom