• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

Cool, it looks to be pretty offbeat. Hoping it's of high quality and successful.

Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

This style of Pokemanga is so different I'm not even sure what to predict

I hope he gets a Oshawott as his starter

Keep in mind there might not be starters this manga, as from the leaked shots, it looks so much different.

So we don't get the first issue when the great reveal is given? That is how Zexal worked out, we got the reveal in the same issue as the first chapter.

Awesome! I like PokeSpe, but a more 'adult' Pokemon manga should be good.
Theres alot of potential to be utilised here.

Wow. The fact that they're aiming this at older fans is great news! Hopefully it's mature by the TRUE definition of the word and not just "darker and edgier." Heck, it's totally possible this could be lighthearted AND more mature.

My fingers are crossed, both for this to be good and do well, and to somehow be released in English.

Edit: Yeah, the character designs are a litlle generic, but most of them look cool. Hopefully whoever writes it has skill as well as the artist, or has both writing and art skills if they're the same person.

My fingers are crossed, both for this to be good and do well, and to somehow be released in English.

And if it is, I hope the censors don't butcher it.

Last edited:

That too.

Nice avatar and user title, by the way.

Electric tails of Pikachu really wasn't butchered but they did edit out all the naked scenes like the one were Kasumi/Misty is wearin' basically a piece of thread.

Electric tails of Pikachu really wasn't butchered but they did edit out all the naked scenes like the one were Kasumi/Misty is wearin' basically a piece of thread.

There was only one naked scene. One.

And I doubt that anything will be as fanservicey as EToP was

The Onsen scene?

2/26 to 3/4

Sanze - 19.6
Chibimaruko - 14.4
Detective Conan - 9.9
Doraemon Special - 9.9
Pokemon DP - 8.1
Yes! Precure 5 - 7.7
One Piece - 7.7
Kekkaishi - 7.6
Naruto Shippuuden - 7.2
アニメメジャー/他 - 7.2

3/5 to 3/11

Sanze - 17.7
Crayon Shin-chan - 12.1
Chibimaruko - 11.3
Doraemon Movie - 10.7
Detective Conan - 8.3
One Piece - 8.1
Yes! Precure 5 - 7.5
Kekkaishi - 7.2
Pokemon DP 10th Anniversary Special - 6.9
Digimon Savers - 6.4

3/12 to 3/18

Sanze - 19.3
Chibimaruko - 13.4
Crayon Shin-chan - 11.6
Detective Conan - 10.0
Doraemon - 9.5
One Piece - 8.0
Kekkaishi - 7.5
Pokemon DP - 7.5
Yes! Precure 5 - 7.3
Naruto Shippuden - 6.0

Sazae-san - 18.5
Chibimaruko-chan - 13.4
Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro - 8.9
One Piece - 7.8
Pokemon DP - 7.5
Yes! Precure 5 - 7.5
Naruto Shippuuden - 7.0
Anime Major - 5.7
Nana (last airing(?)) - 5.5
Dr. Slump Arale-chan (last airing(?)) - 5.5

1. Sazae-san - 19.6
2. Chibimaruko-chan - 12.0
3. Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro - 8.5
4. One Piece - 8.2
5. Pokemon special - 7.8
6. Yes! Precure - 7.6
7. Anime Major - 6.2
8. Keroro Gunsou - 5.1
9. Something with a long name that I'm not going to bother trying to translate - 4.8
10. Blue Dragon - 4.4

With ratin' like that they'd be dumb not to n Japan Pokemon's a family show. They went for a girl audience Shoujouish with Pokemon Magical Journey n Their goin' for a older audience with this one.

Manga that targets older fans? FUCK YEAH! I should read this.

I hope that the main character gets cool Pokemon.

While looks wise, the cast looks rather generic, I hope that the writer makes them non-generic. For example, the guy standing next to the girl, to me, looks a tad like Kenpachi Zaraki. I just hope he isn't given a similar personality. While on the opposite side, we have Mr. Sleeper Mask; the sleeper mask probably means that he'd be laidback, or even outright lazy. They could counter that by giving him outbursts of energy, or some shiz like that.

The presence of that Native American woman makes me wonder if the Underwater Ruins will be central to the plot. If the author wants to deviate from Pokémon Special while still borrowing some elements from Black and White, then they'll be wise to use eastern Unova as the setting.

The presence of that Native American woman makes me wonder if the Underwater Ruins will be central to the plot. If the author wants to deviate from Pokémon Special while still borrowing some elements from Black and White, then they'll be wise to use eastern Unova as the setting.
How the heck did you come to that conclusion? :S

How the heck did you come to that conclusion? :S
It's not a conclusion; I'm just musing. I'd imagine that Unova used to be inhabited solely by tribes that would best be called Mohawk people, and that it was they who built the ruins. The Underwater Ruins are the only place in Unova (or any region) that has any tie to Native American culture, so if that character isn't just a random addition (an admittedly big "if"), that's where she'll fit in the plot.

It's not a conclusion; I'm just musing. I'd imagine that Unova used to be inhabited solely by tribes that would best be called Mohawk people, and that it was they who built the ruins. The Underwater Ruins are the only place in Unova (or any region) that has any tie to Native American culture, so if that character isn't just a random addition (an admittedly big "if"), that's where she'll fit in the plot.
By "conclusion" I meant "How did your train of thought end up with that?"

To be honest, I didn't see any links to Native Americans, just "Oh, underwater ruins". Could have been made by any ancient civilisation - or, the they could be the underwater headquarters of Apple.

To be honest, I didn't see any links to Native Americans, just "Oh, underwater ruins". Could have been made by any ancient civilisation - or, the they could be the underwater headquarters of Apple.
That's true, but when you consider that the legend of the twin heroes references not only the founding of the United States but also the civil war, it's hard to imagine that Unova's more distant past is completely removed from real-world history. Some people had lived in Unova before the nation was founded; they might as well have resembled Native Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom