• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audience

Fliers and posters at the "Jisedai World Hobby Fair Winter 2011" has announced the publication for a new Pokémon manga.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

I'm now interested. Gonna have to work to top PokeSpe for me though.

Older audiences huh?

*thinks of the fanservice*

Re: New Manga to serialize in Shonen Sunday: New Pokémon manga to target older audien

11011619100631bb54a88c8.jpg

Looks good

I can't wait

*thinks of the fanservice*

Not going be shocked if they published Hayate the Combat Butler and InuYasha in Shonen Sunday...

Figures, just as I upload an image to put in the article, someone else does, and the article gets moved from being a draft xD

The protagonist looks traditionally Shonen-y, but the cast of characters in the image used in the article looks very interesting. I can imagine abilities like Blaze and Torrent working like Naruto's Demon Fox Mode or Ichigo's hollowfication xD

With something aimed at the older fans, Nintendo were probably going to get away with a manga more than an anime, because here, people have to specifically buy Shonen Sunday, whereas with anime, anyone can stumble upon it on TV, and parents will get mad.

Still, awesome news. Will keep my eyes on this.

Looks cool I mean Pokespe n the other manga were goin' for a 6-15-y/old audience so I guess this one will be for a 13-19y/old audience. The heroe looks shonen like sharp eyes cool hair a burin' ready to take on life attitude.

Looks cool, I'm already looking forward to it. Seeing how I like Pokemon Special aimed for the children (which is badass and violent), I can't wait to see how will a manga aimed to teenagers turn out. :-D

That's convient it's n the same magazine as Kekkaishi n Inuyasha.

That's convient it's n the same magazine as Kekkaishi n Inuyasha.
How is that convenient?

Looks cool I mean Pokespe n the other manga were goin' for a 6-15-y/old audience so I guess this one will be for a 13-19y/old audience. The heroe looks shonen like sharp eyes cool hair a burin' ready to take on life attitude.
Special is aimed at around 8-12.

I just hope this goes well, if so, it will be awesome.

Looks good

I can't wait

I was hoping of a series that would be on par with the games, but seeing Zekrom, this looks like another loose adaption... While not taken as given, it seems so at least, which is rather disappointing, as this is the fourth take on BW (albeit one of the other three is just a 33-page story) in a series other than Special and PM. That means there are totally 6 manga based on Black and White.

Why can't any author try to expand the Pokemon World rather than adapt games? That's not to say I'm prejudging any series, but this really bugs me when it comes to Pokemon manga. The only effort that seems possible to be taking place in the games' continuity is Kagemaru Himeno's 'How I Became a Pokemon Card'; logically enough, given that it's by a TCG artist. Maybe Miho Asada's series too, although we don't have enough material for his first work, so...

Anyway, I'll be looking on this. Maybe it will have something interesting to show, since it also introduces a new character. But I doubt this will be the treatment I've been waiting for in a Pokemon manga. :p

Pocket Monsters Special has never run in CoroCoro Comics. I have no idea where the article is getting that from.

Ash Pokemaster said:
While not taken as given, it seems so at least, which is rather disappointing, as this is the fourth take on BW

Sixth, actually. There's Pocket Monsters Special, Anakubo Kousaku's Pocket Monsters BW Version, Master!! Pokemon Black & White, Pocket Monsters BW The Hero of Thunder and Fire, and Pocket Monsters Legendary Encounters. This Shonen Sunday series will be number six.

How is that convenient?

Special is aimed at around 8-12.

I just hope this goes well, if so, it will be awesome.

Covient it's runnin' with two very successful manga n Japan. The Electric Tales of Pikachu was made for 9-17y/olds.

Anyway I know this based on the game but like the guy above said it looks like a loose cannon legendary legendary strong poke beatin' eachother up thing I hope it can do it's best.

Article said:
Detective Conan (known as Case Closed outside of Japan)

...you might want to try "in English-language countries" for that. The series is called Detective Conan or some direct translation of that everywhere else.

Pocket Monsters Special has never run in CoroCoro Comics. I have no idea where the article is getting that from.
Lots of different manga, lots of different magazines, lots of magazines owned by the same publisher...lots of head hurt.

...you might want to try "in English-language countries" for that. The series is called Detective Conan or some direct translation of that everywhere else.
Well, in Non-English speaking Everywhere else, and Bulbagarden is the English wikia - other places use PokéWiki etc etc.

Looks good

I can't wait

Oh god, the hero is HOT. D8 I can't wait to learn more. And may this not disappoint me as Pokemon Special did. Dear god, talk about trying too hard with the drama and "maturity"...imo.

Well, in Non-English speaking Everywhere else, and Bulbagarden is the English wikia - other places use PokéWiki etc etc.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

As I just said, there's like 3 countries in the world that call this series "Case Closed", and a couple dozen of them that call it "Detective Conan" or something similar.
The line is as accurate as saying "Pokemon" is called "Pocket Monsters" outside the US.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say.

As I just said, there's like 3 countries in the world that call this series "Case Closed", and a couple dozen of them that call it "Detective Conan" or something similar.
The line is as accurate as saying "Pokemon" is called "Pocket Monsters" outside the US.

It's pretty much Pokemon everywhere Ive even heard a load of ppl n Japan use it.

Thank you for somehow both proving my point and not understanding it at the same time.

PokeBeach has posted an additional image. The art is very nice! What's left to see now is whether it will feature an original story rather than another loose adaptation. We can hope!

Come on, Shonen Jump is meant for 11-14 year old, that isn't that high. All the Yugioh manga has premiered in a Jump title, so I don't see why Pokemon being in one (even if not something new, assume so as the article says so) would really make such a difference.

Once Pokemon makes the cover of a jump, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom