• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Mega Evolutions revealed during Nintendo Direct: Venusaur, Charizard and Blastois

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Mega Evolutions revealed during Nintendo Direct: Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise all shown

Nintendo Direct revealed new Mega Evolution for the Pokémon Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Mega Evolutions revealed during Nintendo Direct: Venusaur, Charizard and Blas

I like Blastoise's most.

Re: New Mega Evolutions revealed during Nintendo Direct: Venusaur, Charizard and Blas

Loving the Venusaur Megalution. It just looks boss; can't wait to try it out!

Blastoise is my favorite. I like Venusaur's trees too. Charizard is kind of... meh for me. I wish they had done a little more with it. It's one of those that you might not even be able to tell if it's Mega or not at first glance. I do like its more sleek design though.

Venusaur's looks pretty sweet, while Charizard has definitely been streamlined with it's new Mega Evolution, plus their new Abilities will help big time for them. Blastoise... eh... looks very odd. Looks more like a Digimon at this point, especially with the "wrist cannons" and such, but whatever. Didn't really like Blastoise much anyway, so I can live with this. While I'm a bit tired of dealing with anything related to Kanto, this isn't too shabby. Now, if they will only do a Torterra Mega Evolution I'll be happy.

So finally, the Kanto starters did receive a Mega Evolution. Now I really wonder about the outcome of story of Pokemon Origin, especially Red's MegaCharizard vs Green's MegaBlastoise, if there is ever a battle like this.

BTW, I would like to say the Mega Evolution the three Kanto starters look kind of uninteresting and boring, at least in my eye. I would like it more if it receive a bit more drastic change. No need to be much like up to the point of making 80% of viewers saying "Digimon" immediately, but just like a bit more, kind of like the change made from Lucario to MegaLucario and from Mewtwo to MegaMewtwo.

And another note. Another "looks like Digimon" comment in some previous post...... I'm kind of getting tired of these. No matter what kind of Pokemon Game Freak designed, as long as the artwork is supervised by Ken Sugimori, there will always be a 100 light year distance from the art style and design style from Digimon.
Get over it. Pokemon never ever "look like" Digimon, from design-wise, art-style-wise, concept-wise, power-wise, ability-wise, scale-wise, and even money-wise!!

Sigh... how about I just give Game Freak my bank account number. As a collector of Pokemon toys (Charizard being one of my main collections), I know they are going to milk all the merchandise for all they're worth!

Back on topic, I am loving these designs! I am glad Pokemon is doing something fresh with the series regarding evolutions. Gives me something to look forward to!

... I still didn't get that Mega Zoroark I wanted...

I love Mega Blastoise's design! It really catches my eye and it was my favorite starter out of the three.
Anyways, we are gonna get new Megas soon! Corocoro is leaking over a week from now!

I don't know if I like Charizard or Blastoise the most, but I already decided to pick Charmander regardless because I'm going with Froakie.
I like the even more dragon-like appearence Charizard received, the lack of an actual dragon type is his only flaw, but I guess you can't have everything.
Blastoise with this oversized cannon definitely gives some Digimon vibes. Not that it is a bad thing, I just mean he is crazy looking, like if he was holding a bazooka and the new eyes gave him a glare that fits the overall image.
The only one I'm not so sure is Venusaur, I think he didn't change as much as the other two, but that's just me.

By the way, I'm expecting to see a Gen V Mega soon because, lets be fair, as of now it is the only generation (excluding Gen VI itself) yet to be touched by the mechanic.

Oooh, this is exciting. I love all the new Mega-evolutions, but I do agree that I wish they could have been flushed out a little bit more. But better too little than too much I think. Can't wait to find out more about them, and see other generation starter's mega-evolution forms! It'll be interesting to see how all the Mega-evolutions affect the Pokemon battling metagame as well.

I'm really curious about Blastoise's new Ability. I wonder what moves this will include and how many he will now be able to learn that will help him make use of it. I also wonder if this will be Blastoise's signature or if others can have it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom