• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice New Member FAQ (Updated 11-12-13)

Araragi-hakase

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to Bulba! This is a quick guide to some frequently asked questions. If you have a quick question that isn't addressed here, you may post and ask and we will do our best to answer you. If you are having a technical error or have an idea for improving the forum, please make a new thread instead!

What does BMGf stand for?
Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden (forums)

Where can I find the rules?
HERE

How can I tell who is a member of staff?

Admins' user names are in Bold Italics, Super Mods' user names are in Bold and Moderators' user names are in Italics. They also all have userbars under their avatar that say 'Moderator', 'Admin', etc so you can easily tell who does what, and even who is Bulbapedia staff.

Moderators each have designated forums that they take care of. Super Moderators may also have forums that they are designated to, but look over the forums as a whole. Admins also look over the forums as a whole, they are the only ones that can change usernames for you. (More about that further down the list.)

A list of who mods which forums is located here. You can also look at the bottom of any forum and see the list of staff, I used Anime as an example.

tumblr_inline_mvajmqjjIN1qbvn5l.png

You can also see which staff members are online on the main page of the forum, on the left.

tumblr_inline_mvaie7wY4s1qbvn5l.png

How do I edit/change my avatar/signature/profile??

At the top of the forums, there will be a list of a few things like this

tumblr_inline_mvaibjwVeL1qbvn5l.png

If you click 'Settings' and scroll down a bit, you will see a list of things you can change. You can change your avatar picture as often as you want.

tumblr_inline_mvaid22lac1qbvn5l.png

How can I make sure my signature doesn't break any rules?

You can test out your signature in this thread. If you're not sure if it's too large, you can also ask a staff member. You can change your signature as often as you'd like.

I found a post that was offensive/off topic/rule breaking! How do I let the staff know?

By reporting it. The report button can be found here on every post, under the user's signature. The report button looks like a triangle with an exclamation point (!) in the middle.

sqmmwp.png

You can also report posts in Social Groups, Visitor Messages and Private Messages as well.

There is someone that annoys me a lot. Is there a way to ignore them?

Yes, you can add users to your Ignore list by clicking Settings, and then 'Edit Ignore List'

5wyvbk.png

By doing this, you will not be able to receive Visitor Messages or Private Messages from them, or see any forum posts they make. The user will not be notified that you are ignoring them. They can still VM you but you will not be able to see it. You cannot ignore staff members.

If someone is harassing you, REPORT it!

I made a post but I have more I wanted to add!

Instead of double posting (posting again when you were the last one to reply to the thread), you can edit your posts, by using the Edit feature. At the bottom of every post, it says "Edit Post" in bold text.

wb2osw.png

You can also delete your posts this way if you accidentally double posted.

How do I post a picture?

If you already uploaded it somewhere else, you can use the [noparse][img="image url"] [/noparse] tag. If not, you can click this icon and upload it to be inserted in your post.

tumblr_inline_mvaill2FB91qbvn5l.png

How do I link to a website?

the url tag, [noparse]whatever you want the text to say [/noparse]

You can also highlight the text you want to be linked, and click the little globe icon at the top and it will do it for you.

tumblr_inline_mvair7kRWb1qbvn5l.png

You can also just copy and paste the link if you don't want it to say anything special.

How do I use spoiler tags?
[noparse]
whatever you want to spoil, be it large images or a lot of text
[/noparse]

Make sure you remember to post the [noparse][/spoiler] [/noparse] at the end, or else it won't work!

Can I change my user name?

Yes! Go to Settings at the top of the page, then click 'Edit Profile'.

2eplzpi.png

Users can change their user names once every 90 days, so please do your best to type carefully and double check before saving! If you accidentally made a mistake, you can ask an admin to fix it for you.

How can I change that text above my avatar?

See above, as it's done the same way. Make sure you look carefully and don't get the two spaces mixed up!!! Your user name is the name that everyone will see you as on the forums - your user title is the small text under your avatar. Unlike user names, you can change your user text as often as you'd like.

Can I have more than one account?

Except for special events, no. If you want a 'fresh start', please notify a member of the staff so that your old account can be banned. If you want to change your user name, you can do that (see above) without having to make a completely new account.

Can I delete my account?

No, but you can ask a member of staff to ban your account if you don't want to use it anymore.

Last edited:
@ShinyCelebi; How do I make a new thread?

That mention didn't give me a notification but to make a thread, just go to the bottom of the section you want to post in and click the "New Thread" button. Before posting a new thread, make sure to check the section to make sure the subject of your thread isn't covered by one that already exists and that the topic follows all the forum rules.

@ShinyCelebi; How do I make a new thread?

That mention didn't give me a notification but to make a thread, just go to the bottom of the section you want to post in and click the "New Thread" button. Before posting a new thread, make sure to check the section to make sure the subject of your thread isn't covered by one that already exists and that the topic follows all the forum rules.

@MrMegaEvo; Also, sometimes new members don't get their posts shown right away. In these cases, moderators can approve your posts to be shown. This usually only applies to your first few posts, so don't think that there's something wrong with your account just because a comment you made on a thread doesn't appear the second you make that post.

Hi there. I'd like to know how to start a shop in the GTS section, as I seem prohibited from creating a thread where the other shops are. I made a thread in the offering subsection but what I'm offering really is more of a shop sort of thing. Am I prohibited from creating such a thing due to being relatively new, and not having posted much yet? Thanks.

Am I prohibited from creating such a thing due to being relatively new, and not having posted much yet? Thanks.

iirc, I believe that to indeed be the case.

I see. Thank you. Do you know what the time/postcount threshold for this might be? Or if I could receive permission from an admin/mod? I have bred perfect shinies for several people already who I believe would vouch for me not being a scammer/spammer.

Am I prohibited from creating such a thing due to being relatively new, and not having posted much yet? Thanks.

I see. Thank you. Do you know what the time/postcount threshold for this might be? Or if I could receive permission from an admin/mod? I have bred perfect shinies for several people already who I believe would vouch for me not being a scammer/spammer.

That's not the case actually. I don't know what exactly it is, but the create a new thread button which should be visible to users in the main forum, isn't. I think it's a case of maybe some coding error or something but it's not because you're a new member. I can move the thread to the main forum for you.

I would prefer to create a more in depth initial post and title for the purposes of the shop than is in the thread. I could accomplish the description via edit, but would you be able to change the title? Thank you for your help.
EDIT: accidentally wrote in quote limits. Also, I've decided I'm alright with the thread title. I'd be much obliged if you could move it to the main section for me, thanks!

Last edited:
I just posted the first chapter of a fanfic of mine into the writing section. If it were to get comments, is there a way to move future chapters ahead of the feedback, so that there's no gaps between chapters?

I just posted the first chapter of a fanfic of mine into the writing section. If it were to get comments, is there a way to move future chapters ahead of the feedback, so that there's no gaps between chapters?

From the little I know of the writer's workshop that usually isn't done. But I have seen most writers user a table of contents in their first posts that link to the next chapter. If you have any further questions about the section go ask LightningTopaz, AceTrainer14, or AetherX. They should know more than me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom