• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New merchandise of Generation III Pokémon in stock: Products available in all Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New merchandise of Generation III Pokémon in stock: Products available in all Pokémon Center ...

The official Pokémon website has announced some new products to be available in all the Pokémon Center stores in Japan. All the products are available in two variations, Ruby and Sapphire themed.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire merchandise in stock: Products available in all Pok

If this doesn't hint to a Hoenn remake, i don't know what would. xD

Re: New Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire merchandise in stock: Products available in all Pok

Looks like all directions are pointing to the next games revealed to be Ruby and Sapphire remakes, although it's not convinced me yet. I prefer to be surprised that they are actually planning this instead of a Grey version.

Thanks for reading.

If the article were written professionally, it would point out the fact that the merchandise is part of the Pokémon Time line, which focuses on old Pokémon rather than upcoming or recent games. They started off with Generation I Pokémon in 2008 and that obviously meant nothing in term of game releases; in contrast, they didn't do anything to promote Black and White. Quite obviously, they're just promoting the generations in chronological order, and since they started late Generation III is just now being covered. Chances are that Generation IV will be covered in a year or two regardless of any remakes.

But sure, it's much easier to put a misleading spin on things to fuel mass speculation.

winstein said:
Looks like all directions are pointing to the next games revealed to be Ruby and Sapphire remakes
What "directions"? The only thing that can be reliably construed as game foreshadowing is Kyurem's role in Movie 15.

If the article were written professionally, it would point out the fact that the merchandise is part of the Pokémon Time line, which focuses on old Pokémon rather than upcoming or recent games. They started off with Generation I Pokémon in 2008 and that obviously meant nothing in term of game releases; in contrast, they didn't do anything to promote Black and White. Quite obviously, they're just promoting the generations in chronological order, and since they started late Generation III is just now being covered. Chances are that Generation IV will be covered in a year or two regardless of any remakes.

But sure, it's much easier to put a misleading spin on things to fuel mass speculation.

Indeed, I guess.
Thanks for pointing it out, I've made a few changes in the article. Hopefully, it's looking fine now.
If not, please feel free to PM me or drop a message on article's talk page or here, so that we can avoid the misconception.

Indeed, I guess.
Thanks for pointing it out, I've made a few changes in the article. Hopefully, it's looking fine now.
If not, please feel free to PM me or drop a message on article's talk page or here, so that we can avoid the misconception.
But I told you the exact same thing in the remake thread. Now that the article is up, people will read into it however they like.

This article might just sprout some false hopes. :/

Well well well, Ruby and Sapphire. I wonder what this could mean, it looks like the new Ruby and Sapphire games are just around the corner. I don't know though, I thought it would be great if they were but lol the timing is just too off. I mean they haven't even announced them and this is merchandise for them.

But I told you the exact same thing in the remake thread. Now that the article is up, people will read into it however they like.

I am aware of it. I wasn't sure what you meant by "Pokémon Time", my apologies for that.
Also, just like the distributions, Bulbanews covers merchandise news as well. The official JP site has an entire article on it with pictures.
So, to be honest, I don't see a reason for not reporting it just to avoid speculation.

Also, just like the distributions, Bulbanews covers merchandise news as well.
To be honest, I don't see a reason for not reporting it just to avoid speculation.
I don't want to argue, but there is a lot of Japanese merchandise that most people here are not aware of (pertaining to all sorts of Pokémon) that Bulbanews never bothers to report. For instance, what about all the 15th anniversary merchandise? So far no one in this thread has discussed what's actually being offered for sale.

Last edited:

Edit:Never mind...Cute and I wonder how the earphone thing will work out...(I dont think the rest of the world will ever get see this stuff come out...Unless you go to Japan...As usuall...)

If this doesn't hint to a Hoenn remake, i don't know what would. xD
Yup! Wouldn't surprise me if the Hoenn remakes came out before Gray. Same thing happened in Gen 3 (what a coincidence!).

About RSEmakes and Gray -> I'm pretty sure they'll troll us and we'll get neither. But that's just my opinion. ._.

I don't want to argue, but there is a lot of Japanese merchandise that most people here are not aware of (pertaining to all sorts of Pokémon) that Bulbanews never bothers to report. For instance, what about all the 15th anniversary merchandise? So far no one in this thread has discussed what's actually being offered for sale.

Has anythng been put on the Offical Site? If not why would They put an article about R/S merchendise and not 15th anniversary merchendise on the Officala site?

Has anythng been put on the Offical Site? If not why would They put an article about R/S merchendise and not 15th anniversary merchendise on the Officala site?
The official website covers all the merchandise, and there is an entire 15th anniversary promotion right now (this, for instance) that Bulbanews has barely mentioned because most fans only want to read about future games.

Last edited:

What "directions"? The only thing that can be reliably construed as game foreshadowing is Kyurem's role in Movie 15.

Weren't the Johto part of the merchandise line released around the time of HG/SS? People seem to ignore every possible hint with R/S Remakes even though as I've said already, Johto started off slow as well at the exact same way. Those "Major Hints" were only in-game references just like the Hoenn References in B/W. They could've EASILY never made HG/SS even with the Red Gyarados reference in D/P. EASILY. That's exactly what people say about R/S remakes, yet nobody seems to complain if it relates to Johto, what everyone calls "The Best of Pokemon" when it's actually THE WORST. Hoenn gets called "The Worst" even though IT'S THE BEST, hence why people seem to ignore all Hoenn References and make even the tiniest of Johto references seem absolutely huge. I'm pretty sure you're definately guilty of that Silktree, without a doubt. You'd probably support Johto in every single occassion even though it's no different from Hoenn as to how the references were given.

Weren't the Johto part of the merchandise line released around the time of HG/SS?
They were, but only because the line was launched in 2008, so by 2009 the focus moved to Generation II. If the situation had been identical, they would have released Generation II merchandise in 2008 to start the foreshadowing a year in advance, which is what you seem to think is happening now. By this time next year, there will probably be some Generation IV merchandise.

Last edited:

This has absolutely nothing to do with liking a region more than another. I like Hoenn more than Johto, but I don't support R/S remakes on the DS, nor in this generation.

I agree that this is likely a timeline sort of thing. Not saying that there won't be any R/S remakes, but just not anytime soon.

Fans will always look for something as a sign of what they want, which is why Game Freak should give them what they want to teach them a lesson or else they'll end up like SEGA and Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom