• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New methods of evolution

Re: New evolution methods discussion and speculation

As I recall, the same set of rumors that said Inkay evolved by holing the 3DS upside-down said Pancham would evolve by leveling up if there is a Dark type in your party. Given that Pangoro is part Dark it seems plausible.

Hopefully we finally get Low Happiness.. maybe we could get evolutions that depend on Vitamins or Berries?

This thread

I'd honestly be more interested in them retconning some forms of evolution. Ones like Mantyke and such are interesting, but there are some that just seem like they're annoying to carry around generation after generation.

Re: New method of evolution?

If the panda Pokémon evolves by leveling up with a Dark type in your party, I wouldn't be surprised if Eevee evolves into Sylveon by leveling up with a Fairy type in your party. It's a method that(kinda) wasn't possible before as well as being a new method in the generation.

Re: New method of evolution?

I heard Pancham's gonna evolve into Goroda (evo) through a new method

Assuming Pancham evolves with a dark type in the party, I'd be interested to see that as a means of evolving a pokemon with a split evolution. Have like a normal type that's a young impressionable baby, but if it levels up at a certain level with a dark type in the party it becomes normal/dark, but if there's a fighting type in the party it'll become a normal/fighting type. Or just lose the normal typing. Tyrogue evolves based on how it's trained, so I think it would be cool to have a pokemon that evolves based on the pokemon it's hanging around. Don't know how a dark and fighting type on the team would work. Maybe just dark/fighting.

I have noticed an idea that keeps getting brought up (and shot down) is low/negative happiness evolutions. I think this would be a bad idea for a regular evolution as it would promote mistreating pokemon but i think it could be an interesting idea to have this cause a corrupted evolution. My idea is that if your pokemon happiness is too low when it evolves it would become a corrupted form of the evolution. In the pokedex it would still count as the normal evo but its stats would be much lower (or maybe the same as before it evolved) and the only way to raise the stats to normal would be to raise happiness to a certain level then meet evo requirements (level up, stone, etc) again.

As I recall, the same set of rumors that said Inkay evolved by holing the 3DS upside-down said Pancham would evolve by leveling up if there is a Dark type in your party. Given that Pangoro is part Dark it seems plausible.

Yes, these rumors were sent to the people at Pokebeach. The email, sent before the pokemon were even shown, included the names of these pokemon and their evolution methods, which are exactly as you said. The rumor also talked about Fairy Type, having multiple rivals, Prof. Sycamore, and more. Here's a link to what's pretty much been confirmed.
PokeBeach X/Y Rumor Roundup and Clarifications (June 15th, 2013) « Games News « PokéBeach

I know it's been mentioned a couple times already, but weather induced evolution would be a great addition.

I'd like to see more evolutionary stones. I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for them. It'd be cool to see stones and time of day evolutions, kinda like how Oval Stone requires daytime or Grip Claw at night, but something like using... a Dawn Stone in the morning or at night would result in two different evolutions (or Dusk stone for that matter).

Status induced would be interesting too - imagine a Normal-type getting poisoned and then evolving if it leveled up with the status. It would be hard to pull off, admittedly, but still a cool idea. Along those lines, imagine Pokéus-induced evolution. I suppose that's cruel, though. Not that common a phenomenon.

(Disclaimer: I'm just typing whatever comes to mind about this. It'll probably be crazy and a lot more than I originally intended.)
I think something along the lines of Mantyke's evolution method would be cool, but it would require your whole party to be set a certain way. For example, your party would have to be one of a certain Pokemon and 5 (maybe less) of a different Pokemon. A cool application to this would be a rock Pokemon that needs gem Pokemon to evolve. This "Gem Pokemon" could come in different colors. Either you could need one of each, or which colors you have would be shown on the evolution.

I know I'm crazy, posting all these crazy ideas at once, but I think it would be cool if it didn't NEED them to evolve, but the evolution would look different (having the gems shown on it) depending on the number and colors of the gems. The number could also affect its stats, and the color could decide which stat. Red = HP, Orange = Atk, etc.

Now I really want this!!! (I'm making a fakedex, and this will now be in it.)

EDIT: Oh no! I had another idea! If it had all of one color of gem, then of course it would excel in that stat, so it should look different too. Like, Pink Speed Rocks would be slimmer, while Yellow Defensive Rocks would be bulkier.

(Disclaimer: I'm just typing whatever comes to mind about this. It'll probably be crazy and a lot more than I originally intended.)
I think something along the lines of Mantyke's evolution method would be cool, but it would require your whole party to be set a certain way. For example, your party would have to be one of a certain Pokemon and 5 (maybe less) of a different Pokemon. A cool application to this would be a rock Pokemon that needs gem Pokemon to evolve. This "Gem Pokemon" could come in different colors. Either you could need one of each, or which colors you have would be shown on the evolution.

I know I'm crazy, posting all these crazy ideas at once, but I think it would be cool if it didn't NEED them to evolve, but the evolution would look different (having the gems shown on it) depending on the number and colors of the gems. The number could also affect its stats, and the color could decide which stat. Red = HP, Orange = Atk, etc.

EDIT: Oh no! I had another idea! If it had all of one color of gem, then of course it would excel in that stat, so it should look different too. Like, Pink Speed Rocks would be slimmer, while Yellow Defensive Rocks would be bulkier.

I do like the gem idea, but it might be easier to stream it down to having a Gem pokemon that holds a gem which we then have the rock pokemon hold in order to evolve with those stat boosts/that form of evolution.

I do like the gem idea, but it might be easier to stream it down to having a Gem pokemon that holds a gem which we then have the rock pokemon hold in order to evolve with those stat boosts/that form of evolution.

Yeah that would be easier, but it can only have one item and the idea was that it would need certain Pokemon in the Party.

It's not actually a new evolution method, but I think it would be nice if GF did more with the stats based evolutions. Unless I'm forgetting someone, they haven't actually used that since gen 2 when it was introduced with Tyrogue.

It's not actually a new evolution method, but I think it would be nice if GF did more with the stats based evolutions. Unless I'm forgetting someone, they haven't actually used that since gen 2 when it was introduced with Tyrogue.

Feebas to Milotic was similar, with the Beauty thing, but I agree, that would be cool.

Journey into the Wild
Pokemon that evolves when you release it into the wild

Then, after a certain event (beating a trainer, beating elite four/champion, a few hours, etc.), you can find the sprite of the evolved form of the pokemon you released on the route closest to the PC you released it from

Cross Generation
This concept is somewhat complicated, so you may need to draw it
In a generation, there is Pokemon A, which evolves into pokemon B. However, if you transfer A to a newer generation, it will evolve into Z. Breeding Z without a special item yields A, but with a certain item, it produces Y, which then evolves into Z. That way, people will be rewarded for their loyalty to pokemon, while new players can still gain access to this special pokemon through trade and breeding

I like the idea of 'corrupted' pokemon, not touched on since Colosseum/XD's shadow pokemon and the TCG's dark variants (and also the light counterparts).

I don't know about new evo methods, but i'd certainly like to change some.

Slowpoke -> Slowbro by level up w/ Shellder in party (exactly the same as Mantyke). The Shellder wouldn't disappear from your party. That would be unfair.

Eevee -> Leafeon / Glaceon by level up while holding heat rock / icy rock. Like all hold item evos, the rocks would be consumed. The reason for this is to remove the arbitrary areas with a moss rock / ice rock. All regions have caves though, so the Magneton & Nosepass evo areas wouldn't feel so forced.

Wurmple -> Silcoon / Cascoon by reaching lv 7 during day / night. I believe someone else suggested this and it's a great idea. In RSE the day/night function was gone, but since its return the invisible personality value is just a hindrance. How many of you have ended up with 4 Cascoons before finding a Wurmple that evolved into Silcoon?

what's pokemon that's evolution line is depending on the kind of oponent you battle?
If you battle a pokemon of type and win, then it evolves into a dual type of that type, and if against a other then into that?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom