• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Move naming contest

Sounds interesting.. If I could submit a name it'd be Core Collapse (a reference to a type of supernova, which can result in expulsion of metals.. idk it kinda goes along with the explosion theme and is sort of steel-related)

Last edited:
I'm more interested in which Steel-types will be able to learn this and whether this'll be an 'ultimate' tutor move like Draco Meteor and the Elemental ones.

Klinklang, Jirachi, Dialga, Aegislash, Celesteela, Magearna, Empoleon, Magnezone, Lucario, Heatran, Genesect and Solgaleo jump to mind, depending on the way the attack goes. (And these actually have decent special attack, opposed to mons like Scizor.)

they created it against fairies then I hope so. Interesting if we will get a ability that makes a pokemon immune to steel type moves now taking that types with similar moves like grass or fire also have counter abilities like sap sipper and flash fire.

Piercing Arrow, this would still fit the medieval theme and there are cases in other media in which arrows were made of metal, like in one of The Hobbit movies where they shot a metal arrow to pierce Smaug's heart.

If I could submit, I'd call it "Half-Life". Because it relates to radiation (since it's a Special move) and also because it's a pun on the fact the move drains half of the attacking Pokemon's health.

but still think it should be a sound move with such power and steel typing.
Maybe Mercury Ring, or Mercury Blare?
Taking steels resistances and no type is immune to steel/

Haha but you see the limit is eight characters in English or Japanese, but I don't know enough Japanese to make sure it gets translated properly. Therefore, I'd go with something like Atomize!!! Not necessarily steel specific but I think it is science-y enough to fit.

I like the idea of using the words Platinum, Silver or even Carbon in the name. Platinum/Silver/Carbon Drain, Storm, Bullets would be good names for a special attacking move. Rush, Slash, Breaker, would be good for a physical attacking move.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom