• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

With all the talk of Xerneus being based off several creatures or whatever it is i got a crazy idea. A move or Ability that allows a pokemon to duplicate itself. It would function better as a move that can work outside of battle. Like dividing Black Kyurem into Kyurem and Zekrom. As an ability the pokemon would be sent out twice when it is sent into a double or triple battle. It could possibly cut the HP in half to make the ability not so crazy.
So, it's like Shadowclone Jitsu?

A Ghost move with a base power of over 80. I know Hex can be 100 if the opponent suffers a major ailment, but I want something not relying on those ailments. And there's Shadow Force, but only Giratina and Arceus learn it. Or maybe increase Shadow Ball's base power.

And the only way Arceus can legally have Shadow Force is through a distribution that ended over a year ago, which means that if you missed that event, there is only ONE pokemon in the entire game that can learn this move.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see a grass version of Water Spout/Eruption. I even made up one.

Pollen Bomb
Type: Grass
Power: Varies
Accuracy: 100%

The foe summons the pollen in the air and makes it swirl into a big ball so that it can be slammed on the foe.

I am interested to see what kind of boosting moves they introduce this time. Gen V was infamous for introducing two of the most lucrative boosting moves ever, Shell Smash and Quiver Dance, along with a number of moves that boost accuracy.

Perhaps we'll see a kind of anti-Shell smash move that boosts both defenses two stages and lowers offences by one stage. I imagine it would be some kind of move where the Pokemon covers itself in some kind of protective sheath that makes it difficult to retaliate, like a cocoon.

I'd like to see a boosting move designed to help a certain group of Pokemon the way Quiver Dance helped a lot of mediocre Bug types. A move that involves stimulating muscles with electricity to boost Attack and Speed would help the struggling physical Electric types.

I forgot to mention that a non-damaging freezing move should have an accuracy less than 75%.

For people who want a dark attack over 100, I had made up an attack called Flash Void. It flashes negative energy to stun or something like that. So the animation would probably be a flash followed by inverting the colors temporarily.

Why not a non-damaging move that freezes the target? Kind of like Will-O-Wisp is for burning the target. We have plenty of moves that cause sleep, paralysis, or poison without damage, so why not one for freezing?

I agree. What would a good name be, though? I was thinking Freeze, but it might be a bit too simple or something, haha.

Flash Freeze.

Last edited:
Not so much a "new move", but I'd love to see a slight change to Return's animation.

Now, I may be misremembering, but the animation for Return used change depending on how much the Pokémon using it liked you. Hearts would appear as part of the attack, and the more hearts there were, the higher the 'mon's happiness. I have an awful memory, but I swear that I used to use this in order to gauge how close I was to a friendship evolution in one of the older games. If XY can bring something like that back, I'd be one happy camper.

As far as actual new moves go, I'd love to see more signature moves - both for legendaries and non-legendaries! I really like the idea that there's a special move just for a certain Pokémon, and I'd love to see more of those.

Here are some ideas:

Alterations of Venoshock:
Freezing: Frostbite
Burning: Third-Degree
Paralysis: Nerve Shock

Alterations of Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick:
Steel: Weight Smash and Anvil Smash
Rock: Rockfall and Landslide
Dragon: Battering Ram and Force Ram

Here are some ideas:

Alterations of Venoshock:
Freezing: Frostbite
Burning: Third-Degree
Paralysis: Nerve Shock

I approve of anything that's called Frostbite, cause I somehow happen to really like that word. I hardly use Ice-types at all, but I swear I'll catch an Ice-type Pokemon that learns it just so I can use it. I like the sound of Nerve Shock, too.

I want them to introduce a damaging move based on ash that rains down after a volcanic eruption. I think Rock-type would be the best fit, but I guess Fire-type could work too.

Flick - Knocks entry hazards to opponents side of field -1 priority
Bush fire - Sets fire to field, causes 25% hp damage to both pokemon every turn (lasts 5 turns), ends in rain/hail, indefinite in sandstorm/drought. Damage adjusted based on type weakness.

Stealth Rocks is set up as "layers", each of which expire after a hit.

There, I just rebalanced the entire game forever.

Also some cool >=30% freeze damaging Ice move that only a few Ice types get. Like 60-70 BP 100% acc. Thanks to STAB it very well outclasses your typical coverage Ice Beam in usefulness, ths making Ice Pokémon a more attractive option than just something with IB.

I gots an idea!
Springboard: Helping Hand, but with more power, only works on physical
Amplify: '' but only works on special.
Sacrifice Play: '' User takes some recoil.
All-Out: Helping Hand, with a lot more power, User must recharge.

I would like a New Fire type Move called ''Burning Pew'' Where A Fire type Pokemon can burn anything by touching them.
You can say , A Fire variation of ''Focus Palm''

Re: Move Speculation/Wishes/Changes

Fireproof: Raises Pokemon`s Stats by 25% when in battle with a fire type pokemon

Re: Move Speculation/Wishes/Changes

Fireproof: Raises Pokemon`s Stats by 25% when in battle with a fire type pokemon

Heatproof is an abilty. I think the two would get confused quite easily.

Flash Fire seems to be similar to what you're describing, though. If the Pokemon with Flash Fire gets hit, it powers up all Fire-type moves. It's not the same thing, though. Do you mean you want to see an ability similar to Sap Sipper and Motor Drive, but for Fire-types?

Personally, I'd love to see more physical Fire and Water attacks. Not sure what would be a good name for them, though. Flare Slash? Would that even make sense?

Disburst; Negates the effects of weather changes.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom