• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

Apex

˙pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıuɹnʇ doʇs
Reaction score
What type of moves or abilities are you hoping for?

How about a dark move that's OVER 100 DAMAGE? Seriously, it still doesn't have one.

Also, I made this up, it's called "Hoarder" Basically it can hold two items at once. You might think that's broken, but so is Contrary. That's why they made Perversity pretty hard to find.

Last edited:
What is Perversity? :S

It reverses stat loss/gain. For example, it's Serperior's Dream World ability. When it uses Leaf Storm it gins stats instead of losing them.

Oh, Contrary is the name....well since I didn't use a Contrary pokemon, I got the name wrong!

whoops.

I reckon there needs to be more powerful Normal-type moves too, what with the Explosion nerf last gen. I don't think the physical/special split has been well implemented yet: a special Rock-type move other than Ancient Power and Power Gem would be most appreciated, as long as there are Pokémon to abuse it.

As much as I enjoy weather and Stealth Rock, I'd love to see some moves and abilities that punish the setter for doing so.

I'm curious about the hidden abilities of the new Pokémon, too, and I'm sure we could get something interesting out of that.

Wouldn't be adverse to a few more type change moves. Or a move that takes the attack stat and hits the special defense of the target

What about an attack that uses the defense or special defense of the user? Suddenly Shuckle is a terror!

and then all defensive pokemon suddenly have no defense at all. Actually a way around this would be only a select few get the attack.

Night Beam (dark pwr: 95 acc:100)

The user fires a beam of dark energy at the foe. The for might be confused as a result.

Shock claw (electric pwr: 75 acc:100)

The user scratches the foe with claws generating electricity. Has a high critical hit ratio.

I would not count this as an ability, but one thing I would want is for all Ice-type Pokemon to have a 50% physical defense boost in a Hail-storm (this would analogous to how Rock-types currently have a 50% special defense boost in a Sandstorm). This would allow for Ice types to have more bulk to them since the Ice type is a terrible defensive type due to the fact that Ice-type Pokemon are weak to Fire, Rock, Fighting, and Steel attacks; all of which are common typing attacks used in the current metagame. So a 50% physical defense boost to all Ice-types in the presence of Hail during battle would be a plus.

Stealth Ice.

Or several Stealth Rock equivalents of different types (only one kind can be on a side of the battlefield at any given time, can't stack like Spikes)

Move Speculation/Wishes/Changes

What kind of moves do you want in X and Y, or moves you think should be changed a little, or idea's for moves that could be added.

For me, the Grass Types need some love. They should at least give a Grass Type equivlant to Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, etc.

Re: Move Speculation/Wishes/Changes

They should at least give a Grass Type equivalant to Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, etc.

EDIT:
I see your point, but don't we have Energy Ball? It's pretty close in terms of power rating. (80/95)

Leaf Blade & Seed Bomb more than make up for physical versions as well, having a power of 90/80 respectively.

If anything, I'd like to see Water/Electric versions of Leaf Storm/Overheat/Psycho Boost/Draco Meteor.

And maybe a Dark move with a power rating over 100.

Last edited:

I'd like a stronger special attack rock move that is more diverse than Power Gem and stronger. Omastar would love that.

EDIT:
I see your point, but don't we have Energy Ball?

Leaf Blade & Seed Bomb more than make up for physical versions as well.

Yeah, but once you get stronger then Energy Ball, Grass Type Moves have some form of draw back, Frenzy Plant and Solar Beam take 2 turns, Petal Dance causes confusion, and Wood Hammer has serious recoil along with the fact that not a lot of Pokemon can learn Wood Hammer.

Like I said in another thread, I want Dual Type moves.
Steel Wing Steel/Flying
Blaze Kick Fire/Fighting
Scald Fire/Water
Freeze Shock Ice/Electric
Ice Burn Ice/Fire
Fire Punch Fire/Fighting
Ice Punch Ice/Fighting
Thunder Punch Electric/Fighting

I know this won't happen but, I hope they get rid of Stealth Rock.

As for the Grass type equivalent to Ice Beam, they may as well make one for every type.
While they're at it, they could also make a Grass type equivalent to Splash.

Last edited:

Dual type moves likely would never happen, especially if it changes the foundation of set traditions. I understand types have been changed before but that was back when Pokemon had the opportunity to change types freely and had a reason to do so

I would like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza to have signature moves. All the other legendaries with a base-stat total over 600 have a signature move, so I think they should too.

Stealth Ice.

Or several Stealth Rock equivalents of different types (only one kind can be on a side of the battlefield at any given time, can't stack like Spikes)
Absolutely. Different elements doing essentially what Stealth Rock does, taking away that advantage from some seriously OP 'Mons.

EDIT: Okay, not "taking away," but definitely giving other types the same sort of edge when it comes to metagame battling.

How about nerfing Stealth rock to make it like Spikes.

Yes, like some posted, Dark Type move above 100, as long as it isn't a beam of dark energy, since that doesn't really fit the type, Special rock moves and a Grass version of Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Surf/Thunderbolt and whatnot.

Also, more Physical Water moves.

Since we got burning water, I dunno what's the problem with freezing fire or something similar.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom